PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up Prez!!

road kill
05-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Little somethin to look at!!!!

http://www.breitbart.tv/arizona-governor-has-serious-video-message-for-president-obama/

rk

JDogger
05-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Little somethin to look at!!!!

http://www.breitbart.tv/arizona-governor-has-serious-video-message-for-president-obama/

rk

Sorry Stan, it's not just an external problem, but an internal one as well. We want that cheap labor. We want those drugs. As long as we do, will there not be a supply line?

Sure... ya want the feds to step up... How much are you willin' to pay to make it happen? 10% more, 20% more,??
Remember, we're broke? We're fightin' the Taliban, the Terrorists from all sides. But please, don't tax me for it, just do it!! , but please, please...don't make me pay for it. Tax the other guy, not me...!

I want, I want, I want...Gimme, gimme, gimme...!

The right sounds a lot like the left sometimes,

Secure the border... sounds so easy...

Jess Sayin'

JD

dnf777
05-09-2010, 07:00 AM
He was making fun of a law, not peoples' travesties. Not like when Bush was looking under sofa cushions for WMDs at the press club dinner, after HE sent 4000 Americans to their death under the false pretense of WMDs.

And interesting, the third screen says many cases were not prosecuted until Jan 2009??? Who was in charge prior to Jan 2009?
It also said the majority of kidnapping victims are illegal aliens. By right standards, isn't that helping to fix the problem?

The scary music is a tip-off that more persuasion tactics are coming soon!

Edit: I was going to post a link to Bush's joking, but the images they played of children with missing limbs, severe burns, and c-17s filled with flag draped coffins arriving at Andrew's would make you sick, and is not necessary to make the point. That was in such poor taste, to me, it defined Bush's total lack of compassion or respect for the average American, many of whom sent their kids oversees under his command. Not only did he abuse that trust, he then mocked it.

road kill
05-09-2010, 08:43 AM
He was making fun of a law, not peoples' travesties. Not like when Bush was looking under sofa cushions for WMDs at the press club dinner, after HE sent 4000 Americans to their death under the false pretense of WMDs.

And interesting, the third screen says many cases were not prosecuted until Jan 2009??? Who was in charge prior to Jan 2009?
It also said the majority of kidnapping victims are illegal aliens. By right standards, isn't that helping to fix the problem?

The scary music is a tip-off that more persuasion tactics are coming soon!

Edit: I was going to post a link to Bush's joking, but the images they played of children with missing limbs, severe burns, and c-17s filled with flag draped coffins arriving at Andrew's would make you sick, and is not necessary to make the point. That was in such poor taste, to me, it defined Bush's total lack of compassion or respect for the average American, many of whom sent their kids oversees under his command. Not only did he abuse that trust, he then mocked it.
It's always about Bush.

Hahahahahaha!!

OK, leave the borders open to get even with Bush, you guys are whacked.

rk

dnf777
05-09-2010, 09:21 AM
It's always about Bush.

Hahahahahaha!!

OK, leave the borders open to get even with Bush, you guys are whacked.

rk

I knew I would get chastised for bringing up Bush, but for someone to imply that Obama is solely responsible for the immigration disaster we're in is begging to be told the truth! Even the clip YOU posted stated that only since 1-2009 have those smugglers with less than what? 500 pounds been arrested or prosecuted??? That sounds like at least the new administration is making SOME progress! And at least he's not arresting border patrol agents and incarcerating them for doing their jobs!

I don't harp on Bush for the sake of harping. Its rather assigning responsibility to those who own it, even if they'd rather just walk away and blame the next guy! That's not the American way, and I didn't think it was the conservative's way. But then again, much of what I thought was conservatism changed radically under the past administration. I never thought I'd see American troops playing "junkyard wars" to piece together protective armor. I never thought I'd see bake-sales and Church raffles to send out troops the equipment that Rumsfeld should have procured for them.

Sorry I'm getting so hot. It's freakin' 40 degrees with horizontal sleet out the window. I gotta do something to stay warm! And the wife's at work. :-x

take care,
dave

road kill
05-09-2010, 09:30 AM
I knew I would get chastised for bringing up Bush, but for someone to imply that Obama is solely responsible for the immigration disaster we're in is begging to be told the truth! Even the clip YOU posted stated that only since 1-2009 have those smugglers with less than what? 500 pounds been arrested or prosecuted??? That sounds like at least the new administration is making SOME progress! And at least he's not arresting border patrol agents and incarcerating them for doing their jobs!

I don't harp on Bush for the sake of harping. Its rather assigning responsibility to those who own it, even if they'd rather just walk away and blame the next guy! That's not the American way, and I didn't think it was the conservative's way. But then again, much of what I thought was conservatism changed radically under the past administration. I never thought I'd see American troops playing "junkyard wars" to piece together protective armor. I never thought I'd see bake-sales and Church raffles to send out troops the equipment that Rumsfeld should have procured for them.

Sorry I'm getting so hot. It's freakin' 40 degrees with horizontal sleet out the window. I gotta do something to stay warm! And the wife's at work. :-x

take care,
dave
This is a problem that is boiling over today.
You guys are always whining about a "plan."
AZ has a plan, your whining.
Your guy is in charge, do something NOW!!

Blaming Bush (who did nothing to fix this but did NOT start it) solves nothing.

You guys wanted control, you have it.
Now....DO SOMETHING!!!

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I am concerned with what may come.

rk

Hew
05-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Edit: I was going to post a link to Bush's joking, but the images they played of children with missing limbs, severe burns, and c-17s filled with flag draped coffins arriving at Andrew's would make you sick, and is not necessary to make the point.
Well, there's that plus the fact that you mention how upset you are with Bush joking about WMDs in about 1 out of every 10 of your posts (which equates to about twice per day). We get it. We got it the last 37 times you mentioned it. For a change of pace, don't you have any other issues with Bush that you could generate some faux outrage over so you can pretend that he didn't care for, respect or appreciate the men and women of the US military?

dnf777
05-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Yeah, some of us who ACTUALLY SERVED were offended that someone who was AWOL for duty, would parade around a carrier deck in military uniform.....ah, just 30 too late, for a photo op. Remember, "Mission Accomplished"? Tell that to the men and women STILL there!

dnf777
05-10-2010, 06:18 AM

Now....DO SOMETHING!!!

rk

LMAO!!!
This administration has accomplished more in one year, than the last 8 years combined....(except for two multi-billion wars we're having to finance with the chinese ATM, that is)

I understand an immigration bill is currently in the works. No doubt, whatever it is, the right will oppose it, and politically exploit it, probably to Obama's political demise. ANY politician who seriously attempts immigration reform, will be nailing his or her own coffin shut.

Hew
05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah, some of us who ACTUALLY SERVED were offended that someone who was AWOL for duty, would parade around a carrier deck in military uniform.....ah, just 30 too late, for a photo op. Remember, "Mission Accomplished"? Tell that to the men and women STILL there!
LOL. You must have an automated response generator that spits out the same crap over and over and over....

Cntrl +1 : Faux outrage over Bush's comedy video
Cntrl +2 : Invoke military service as doctor to prove your opinion on any military matter is more valid
Cntrl +3 : You left the Republican Party in 10th grade because they're so....<<insert crazy-talk here>>
Cntrl +4 : Faux outrage over WWII military vet arrested in Pittsburgh for protesting Bush
Cntrl +5 : Claim you're an independent so that your liberal ideals might somehow sound more appealing to others and so that your blind defense of anything that comes out of Obama's mouth doesn't seem so shill-like.
Cntrl +6 : Bush did it, too
Cntrl +7 : Bush did it more
Cntrl +8 : Bush did it worse
Cntrl +9 : Claim that anyone who doesn't believe your garbage suffers from confirmation bias

Oh, my bad. The last one is from another lefty who regurgitates the same stuff over and over. My apologies.

dnf777
05-10-2010, 08:38 AM
LOL. You must have an automated response generator that spits out the same crap over and over and over....

Cntrl +2 : Invoke military service as doctor to prove your opinion on any military matter is more valid
Cntrl +3 : You left the Republican Party in 10th grade because they're so....<<insert crazy-talk here>>
Cntrl +4 : Faux outrage over WWII military vet arrested in Pittsburgh for protesting Bush
Cntrl +5 : Claim you're an independent so that your liberal ideals might somehow sound more appealing to others and so that your blind defense of anything that comes out of Obama's mouth doesn't seem so shill-like.
Cntrl +9 : Claim that anyone who doesn't believe your garbage suffers from confirmation bias

Oh, my bad. The last one is from another lefty who regurgitates the same stuff over and over. My apologies.

No, my bad. For assuming the republican party was still a party of personal responibility. No wonder you don't understand why Bush (your Messiah) should not get a free pass. We're still paying his bills, and so will our posterity for years to come. Obama's too. I'm being fair here. Something else the radical right will view as foreign.

ps...I did not vote for Obama, nor is he my Messiah. So as long as he's referred to in such a way, I will refer to Bush as the right's Golden Boy and Messiah. Enjoy.

Hew
05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
ps...I did not vote for Obama, nor is he my Messiah. So as long as he's referred to in such a way, I will refer to Bush as the right's Golden Boy and Messiah. Enjoy.
You're going to run out of default canned responses. I guess cntrl + 9 is open.

badbullgator
05-10-2010, 10:03 AM

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/thspitcoffee.gif

M&K's Retrievers
05-10-2010, 10:34 AM
LMAO!!!
This administration has accomplished more in one year, than the last 8 years combined....(
And that would be what? Set spending records. Ruin the best health care delivery system in the world by cramming his plan down our throats. Piss off our allies. Kiss our enemy's asses.Turn a deaf ear on Immigration.React slowly on the oil spil and flooding in Nashville.Then there is lying. Broken campaign promises.Hiding from the press. Yeah, this guy is friggin' great.

I understand an immigration bill is currently in the works.I believe he took this off the table because members couldn't handle the hot topic with elections approaching which really means the Dems bill would be unpopular. No doubt, whatever it is, the right will oppose it, and politically exploit it, probably to Obama's political demise. ANY politician who seriously attempts immigration reform, will be nailing his or her own coffin shut. Why would you say that? 70% of Arizonans approve their new bill and 61% of all Americans approve of it as well.

That's all I can think of before coffee.;)

Leddyman
05-10-2010, 11:10 AM

I "actually served" too And I was on the line, not sitting in some pogue office in the rear running my jibs and giving Generals prostate exams.

Bush didn't offend me at all, so speak for yourself not the rest of us.

And pulling that crap on Hew is BS, he is smarter than you so you try that "I served (whiny voice) so shut up". All the while you support the actions that are destroying this country and making it unrecognizable.

dnf777
05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Leddyman;613197]I "actually served" too And I was on the line, not sitting in some pogue office in the rear running my jibs and giving Generals prostate exams.That's real big of you.

Thankyou for insulting my service, without even knowing a thing about what I did, or where I was. I would return the insult, but I'm better than that. Plus, it would be too easy.

Have a nice day, and if all you can do is insult service to country, don't bother. I don't do that to you or Hew, or anyone else for that matter on this list.

And for your information, prostate cancer kills more men in this country than bullets do, so performing prostate exams is rather "big". I don't expect you to know that, but many who have been touched by cancer know all too well the importance of screening exams.

Have a nice day.

Eric Johnson
05-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, some of us who ACTUALLY SERVED were offended that someone who was AWOL for duty, ...

I ACTUALLY SERVED....a tad more than you I believe.

Time and again this charge has been refuted using facts yet people who just don't know the facts keep repeating the untrue argument. It's a little like mentioning Hitler in an Internet discussion. One only does it when one doesn't have anything constructive to contribute to the conversation.

Last time. Bush was qualified in the F104. The F104 was not in Viet Nam during his time on active duty. He in fact volunteered to go to VN but was refused because the transition training needed to go from the F104 to any other aircraft was too long a period compared to his NG committment. When he then moved to Alabama, they didn't have F104s to fly and his certification lapsed because he couldn't get flight hours.

He has an Honorable Discharge.

Eric

depittydawg
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I "actually served" too And I was on the line, not sitting in some pogue office in the rear running my jibs and giving Generals prostate exams.

Bush didn't offend me at all, so speak for yourself not the rest of us.

And pulling that crap on Hew is BS, he is smarter than you so you try that "I served (whiny voice) so shut up". All the while you support the actions that are destroying this country and making it unrecognizable.

Wow. That was uncalled for.

david gibson
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
again more hipocracy. Bush has an honorable discharge.

what did Bill Clinton do??

depittydawg
05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
again more hipocracy. Bush has an honorable discharge.

what did Bill Clinton do??

Monica Lewisnky and Jennifer Flowers,

Leddyman
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Leddyman;613197]I "actually served" too And I was on the line, not sitting in some pogue office in the rear running my jibs and giving Generals prostate exams.That's real big of you.

Thankyou for insulting my service, without even knowing a thing about what I did, or where I was. I would return the insult, but I'm better than that. Plus, it would be too easy.

Have a nice day, and if all you can do is insult service to country, don't bother. I don't do that to you or Hew, or anyone else for that matter on this list.

And for your information, prostate cancer kills more men in this country than bullets do, so performing prostate exams is rather "big". I don't expect you to know that, but many who have been touched by cancer know all too well the importance of screening exams.

Have a nice day.

Hey bubba you threw it up in Hew's face thus opening that door. Blame yourself.

You just did it to Hew. That is what prompted my response.

I don't use my service as a platform to legitimize my political beliefs and it pisses me off when other people do it.

I'm sorry if I insulted your service to country, but that kind of statement really pushes my buttons

dnf777
05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;613203]

Hey bubba you threw it up in Hew's face thus opening that door. Blame yourself.

You just did it to Hew. That is what prompted my response.

I was contrasting "those who served" against Bush's record, not anyone elses lack of service. If that appeared to be a personal shot against Hew, then Hew, I apologize, that certainly was not the intent, and I assume if you mistook it that way, I would have heard from you. ;-) I do not consider a lack of service (or "choice not to serve") in anyway disqualifying or telling in any way. I've made that clear before. There are many reasons some do not join the military, and its not my position to judge. I do feel however, that if you do sign up, its your obligation to report for duty and serve honorably for your alloted time. Even if its some menaial, worthless task, like providing healthcare to the troops.

BTW, I'll buy some of your t-shirts. Those generals will need something to wipe their a$$e$ with after their prostate exams....and what better?

road kill
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I served.
In fact I served in the theatre in question (Viet Nam).
I can tell you without a doubt that serving in the National Guard is an HONORABLE service.

Anyone who served at any level gets my respect, more so than those who did not.
Those that LIE about their service (like being in Cambodia) do NOT get my respect.
Those that did NOT serve, but ridicule the service of those that did....not so much either.

So, what do you think the ratio of Obama advocates vs. Obama non advocates are at this very moment Dave??

rk

Julie R.
05-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Although I haven't yet in the 30 gillion other times dnf has posted this, it's time to add the part he conveniently left out:

Not like when Bush was looking under sofa cushions for WMDs at the press club dinner, after HE sent 4000 Americans to their death under the false pretense of WMDs.

Refresh my memory again on the members of Congress who when presented with the SAME intelligence as Bush, voted overwhelmingly FOR all those Americans to go over there and find those WMDs? For example I know the current Sec. of State was in favor....

JDogger
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Although I haven't yet in the 30 gillion other times dnf has posted this, it's time to add the part he conveniently left out:

Refresh my memory again on the members of Congress who when presented with the SAME intelligence as Bush, voted overwhelmingly FOR all those Americans to go over there and find those WMDs? For example I know the current Sec. of State was in favor....

The President, the VP, the President's cabinet, and most of congress and the intelligence community all victims of spurious information. Trully a sorry state of affairs. :rolleyes:

JD

depittydawg
05-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Bush was the President. He was in charge. He led the charge which proved to be dead wrong. The buck stops at the White House. I don't get to vote for all those congressional people who either got it wrong or didn't have the gumption to stand up for what they thought. All I can proudly attest to is that the Senator from my state, who got it all wrong, was kicked out of office during the last election.

dnf777
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I served.
In fact I served in the theatre in question (Viet Nam).
I can tell you without a doubt that serving in the National Guard is an HONORABLE service.

Anyone who served at any level gets my respect, more so than those who did not.
Those that LIE about their service (like being in Cambodia) do NOT get my respect.
Those that did NOT serve, but ridicule the service of those that did....not so much either.

So, what do you think the ratio of Obama advocates vs. Obama non advocates are at this very moment Dave??

rk

At the risk of sounding like I'm advocating for him, I'll say this: Anyone who comes into office in the midst of not one, but two unpopular wars, record deficits, a debt that just required the 11th digit be added to the ticker, a neglected immigration crisis reaching critical mass, on the heels of one of the biggest taxpayer bail-outs of fat cat executives, with the financial infrastructure on the brink of collapse...............and then has a pair to try and change some of the above.........is not going to have many advocates. He will likely be ridden out of town on a rail, when he bucks the establishments.

As for National Guard service, I have the utmost respect for the guard and reserves, especially when they're getting their butts shot as much as any active duty! Even the pansy docs who live in A/C and sip capuccinos all day long, with their fingers up generals' butts, and stare longingly at pictures of their golden retrievers back home. ;-)

dnf777
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM

First of all, if a democrat had joked about sending troops to war on false pretenses, can you just hear the talking heads??? (as you should, its wrong no matter WHO does it) Just a little fair and balanced treatment, that's all.

Second, only AFTER troops were in harm's way, was the issue brought to vote, with the constant threat of "how can you NOT support them" and talk of being unpatriotic if you opposed the regime's war plans... And they were fed false information upon which to base their decisions , as was any other body of inquiry at that time.

depittydawg
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
First of all, if a democrat had joked about sending troops to war on false pretenses, can you just hear the talking heads??? (as you should, its wrong no matter WHO does it) Just a little fair and balanced treatment, that's all.

Second, only AFTER troops were in harm's way, was the issue brought to vote, with the constant threat of "how can you NOT support them" and talk of being unpatriotic if you opposed the regime's war plans... And they were fed false information upon which to base their decisions , as was any other body of inquiry at that time.

I can't by the "false information" excuse. Surely members of the Congress and Senate had more information than I did. It took me all of about 5 minutes of scrutiny to figure out it was a hoax. Any member of Congress who couldn't figure it out has no business being there.
The best kept secret of the 2nd half of the twentieth century, and going into the 21st, Congress has failed completely in it's responsibility in oversight of the Executive Branch. Remember, the Constitution dictates that it is Congress, that decides if the country is to go to war or not. Not the President. The fact that the Congress has chosen to delegate this power to the President for the last 50 years, for the simple sake of hiding for political cover, is nothing short of treasonous.

Julie R.
05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
dnf, my point is at that time EVERYONE believed Saddam had WMDs in Iraq. OK so the intelligence (not the President) was at fault, but at that time that's what everyone believed. No "bullying" was needed to get the Congress on board. It's not correct to lay all that blame on one man, although it does provide good entertainment, no? Much as those of us that poke fun at the current Pres. know that he didn't create all the problems dogging his administration, but it sure is fun to use him as a scapegoat. Well other than the tired old drum beat of you lefties that "It's Bush's fault." You need to come up with something more original and believable than that.

By the way I was no fan of Bush Jr., and I've never listened to Limbaugh or in fact any of those talk shows you love to say are the source of all conservatives' opinions. That said, in retrospect Bush wasn't nearly the disaster the current POTUS is turning out to be for the average working American.

depittydawg
05-10-2010, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Julie R.;613382][SIZE=3]dnf, my point is at that time EVERYONE believed Saddam had WMDs in Iraq.
[COLOR="Red"]Not so. There was a rising tide of sentiment to the contrary. In fact, the Bush administration rushed into the war before the tide agaisnt it could be mobilized.
OK so the intelligence (not the President) was at fault, but at that time that's what everyone believed.
Again, I have to disagree with this statement. There were many who were outspoken in opposition at this time.
No "bullying" was needed to get the Congress on board.
If there was one thing the Bush administration excelled at , it was "bullying" congress. I wish progressives could find a leader with that skill!
It's not correct to lay all that blame on one man,
WHen that man is the President, I think it is appropriate. Although, as I stated in a previous post. I'm proud of the fact that in my state we also kicked out our Senator who got it all wrong too.

JDogger
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
dnf, my point is at that time EVERYONE believed Saddam had WMDs in Iraq. OK so the intelligence (not the President) was at fault, but at that time that's what everyone believed. No "bullying" was needed to get the Congress on board. It's not correct to lay all that blame on one man, although it does provide good entertainment, no? Much as those of us that poke fun at the current Pres. know that he didn't create all the problems dogging his administration, but it sure is fun to use him as a scapegoat. Well other than the tired old drum beat of you lefties that "It's Bush's fault." You need to come up with something more original and believable than that.

By the way I was no fan of Bush Jr., and I've never listened to Limbaugh or in fact any of those talk shows you love to say are the source of all conservatives' opinions. That said, in retrospect Bush wasn't nearly the disaster the current POTUS is turning out to be for the average working American.

See the highlighted portion above, it may be the most often uttered statement on PP by the right. Except maybe the phrase most uttered by the left, "I didn't vote for Obama, I'm an independent". Wotta bunch of crap. We all voted, and it probably wasn't for Nader or some other no name peckerhead.
Kinda reminds me of the cold war strategy of, "duck and cover, duck and cover".
Wotta bunch a weinies we are...our Presidential pick falters and the best we can say is, "It wasn't me, It wasn't me!"
Somebody put these dicks in office, and if it wasn't you and me, I don't know who did. I don't think the illegal immigrant vote did, ya know?
In the meantime, keep playing politics like it's a team sport...it's what they count on...ya know?

JD

Hew
05-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Second, only AFTER troops were in harm's way, was the issue brought to vote, with the constant threat of "how can you NOT support them" and talk of being unpatriotic if you opposed the regime's war plans...
WTH are you talking about? The joint Congressional resolution authorizing the use of force in Iraq was passed more than 5 months before Iraq was invaded. And the notion that threats of any kind were needed to bring Democrats in line is absurd given the number of Dems who enthusiastically voted for war (including nearly every prominant Democrat leader). Patriotism was quite rightfully questioned of the POS scumbags (mostly Democrats) who ginned up the war, voted for the war and supported the war and then, when opposition to the war became a politically expedient way to attack Bush and earn political points, they turned their backs on the troops and Iraqis.

dnf777
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
WTH are you talking about? The joint Congressional resolution authorizing the use of force in Iraq was passed more than 5 months before Iraq was invaded. And the notion that threats of any kind were needed to bring Democrats in line is absurd given the number of Dems who enthusiastically voted for war (including nearly every prominant Democrat leader). Patriotism was quite rightfully questioned of the POS scumbags (mostly Democrats) who ginned up the war, voted for the war and supported the war and then, when opposition to the war became a politically expedient way to attack Bush and earn political points, they turned their backs on the troops and Iraqis.

Nobody turned their backs on the troops, except Donald Rumsfeld, who constantly ignored the commanders on the ground, and the advice of uniformed advisers who warned about the inadequate number of troops. (ie General Shinseki, General Swannack) And we had to have bake sales and raffles to mothers could send their boys body armor.

Second, there is a difference between authorizing the use of force as a last resort, and declaring and invoking war based on faulty intel. (not necessarily faulty, but manipulated and cherry-picked) Yes, I agree, the democrats or anyone else who believed that line of crap was incredibly stupid, and hopefully will never make that mistake again.

Hew
05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
...there is a difference between authorizing the use of force as a last resort, and declaring and invoking war....
Ah yes, the John Kerry Defense. At least he had an excuse for trying to fob that BS off on the public...he was trying to get elected. What's your excuse?

dnf777
05-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Ah yes, the John Kerry Defense. At least he had an excuse for trying to fob that BS off on the public...he was trying to get elected. What's your excuse?

Uhhhh....living in reality rather than an ideologic fantasyland?
Read the resolution, then look at what happened.

depittydawg
05-11-2010, 11:18 AM

John Kerry, and every other member of congress, should have stood up and said "Hell No". It's the precedent set back in the cold war when congress crawled on their belly and gave then President Johnson the green light to go to war without declaring war. Nixon used it. Reagan used it. Clinton used it. And Bush Jr used it. I think Daddy Bush actually got not only congressional approval, but also a legitimate UN approval for the 1st Gulf War. The constitution is clear in this. Congress, has the authority and responsibility for taking the country to War. Not the President. What we've seen for the last 60 years is a congress that is derelict in its responsibility, and Presidents who are all to eager to make for themselves by being "War Presidents".

Michael Pearrow
05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry Stan, it's not just an external problem, but an internal one as well. We want that cheap labor. We want those drugs. As long as we do, will there not be a supply line?

Sure... ya want the feds to step up... How much are you willin' to pay to make it happen? 10% more, 20% more,??
Remember, we're broke? We're fightin' the Taliban, the Terrorists from all sides. But please, don't tax me for it, just do it!! , but please, please...don't make me pay for it. Tax the other guy, not me...!

I want, I want, I want...Gimme, gimme, gimme...!

The right sounds a lot like the left sometimes,

Secure the border... sounds so easy...

Jess Sayin'

JD

There is no need in more taxes Americans are taxed to death already and what does the government do with the money they spend it foolishly. They double dip into Social Security they dip in to medicare THEY STEAL FROM THE HONEST WORKING PEOPLE !!!! Why should they have that right ? Why would you vote in the same people who have proved themselves as theives ? Why vote in those that have proved themselves as liars ?

They are all guilty they all need to be fired !

depittydawg
05-11-2010, 05:39 PM
There is no need in more taxes Americans are taxed to death already and what does the government do with the money they spend it foolishly. They double dip into Social Security they dip in to medicare THEY STEAL FROM THE HONEST WORKING PEOPLE !!!! Why should they have that right ? Why would you vote in the same people who have proved themselves as theives ? Why vote in those that have proved themselves as liars ?

They are all guilty they all need to be fired !

Instead of these stupid "tea Party" rallies, which are nothing but partisan nonsense, they should be negotiating for a continental congress to put this corrupt government in its place for good

JDogger
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
There is no need in more taxes Americans are taxed to death already and what does the government do with the money they spend it foolishly. You mean two open-ended wars, maybe? They double dip into Social Security they dip in to medicare THEY STEAL FROM THE HONEST WORKING PEOPLE !!!! My medicare dollar goes to many people, including my mother, who never made any substantial contribution, and I am not allowed to buy in if I want to. The same with the VA. I'm denied because I have no service related disability and I make too much money, even if my private insurance would cover me. Wasn't so thirty years ago, when I did qualify. Something happened during the last administration. Gee, who was that? Why should they have that right ? Because we gave it to them. Why would you vote in the same people who have proved themselves as theives ? Why vote in those that have proved themselves as liars ? Because those are the choices we've given ourselves, Dem and Rep alike. Gonna vote for a third party this time around? Or the same old same old?

They are all guilty they all need to be fired.

I agree. What's your plan? JD

ducknwork
05-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Sorry, just had to laugh a little bit...:p

I agree. What's your plan? JD

16. JDogger makes some irrelevant comment (or maybe it was relevant 4 pages ago) and then ends his post by asking 'What is YOUR plan? Surely your side must have a plan! What are they going to do any different?'

JDogger
05-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Still ain't got one...huh? ;)

JD

ducknwork
05-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Not yet, but keep asking!;)

menmon
05-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Now....DO SOMETHING!!!

rk

I agree the obligations and responsiblities of the country are the current leaders, and it is ok to question their actions.

Having said that, I did not hear the belly acking the last 8 years while the debt and deficit was being blown out of the water. No one was talking fiscal responsibility back then, but now the right has all the answers and democrats are big spenders and taxers. I know the rhetoric by heart. Ever think why democrats have to raise taxes when they get in office? I have and it's because they have to pay for the tax cuts that we couldn't afford and the massive spending these fiscally responsible republicans did while in charge.

Oh yea, Bush is not responsible for the problems he gave the new leadership. Those problems were caused by Clinton. Talk about double standard, he should have fixed what Clinton screwed up then. It was not like he didn't have enough time. How well do we know that 8 years is a long time.

depittydawg
05-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree the obligations and responsiblities of the country are the current leaders, and it is ok to question their actions.

Having said that, I did not hear the belly acking the last 8 years while the debt and deficit was being blown out of the water. No one was talking fiscal responsibility back then, but now the right has all the answers and democrats are big spenders and taxers. I know the rhetoric by heart. Ever think why democrats have to raise taxes when they get in office? I have and it's because they have to pay for the tax cuts that we couldn't afford and the massive spending these fiscally responsible republicans did while in charge.

Oh yea, Bush is not responsible for the problems he gave the new leadership. Those problems were caused by Clinton. Talk about double standard, he should have fixed what Clinton screwed up then. It was not like he didn't have enough time. How well do we know that 8 years is a long time.

I would say a whole lot of the "problems" were caused by the Bush administration, and the congress of the last 8 years. It is bi-partisan. 3 Wars on credit, humungously massive deficits, lack of any willingness to regulate commerce of any kind, disregard for the American worker. This is a short list of the mistakes made by the previous administration and Congress' going back even further. If I remember, when Bush took over, things were running pretty smoothly compared to when he left.
All that said, it's over and done. No, I will never vote Republican again. Unless they do an about face and find some real leadership. On the other hand, Obama is not doing very well at cleaning this crap up yet either.