PDA

View Full Version : Is This Right to You Leftys??

road kill
05-09-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/alien_WU7CcuvTMg4n2yBzWqSPMI

Something is upside down here.

rk

cotts135
05-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't know of anybody who could possibly like this situation. You either change the rules or hire more Feds to take care of the problem.

YardleyLabs
05-10-2010, 07:54 AM
He should have been released within 48 hours, unless the Feds picked him up. Unfortunately, everything about due process seems silly when you assume the guilt of the individuals affected. Another way of looking at this case is that a man was arrested and plead guilty to a misdemeanor. He served his time but was held in jail illegally beyond his sentence with no other charges filed against him. That is illegal under our form of government and I hope it remains so. Obviously, Immigration dropped the ball on their side and should be held accountable. However, that does not change the responsibilities of the city nor the rights of the individual.

road kill
05-10-2010, 08:09 AM
He should have been released within 48 hours, unless the Feds picked him up. Unfortunately, everything about due process seems silly when you assume the guilt of the individuals affected. Another way of looking at this case is that a man was arrested and plead guilty to a misdemeanor. He served his time but was held in jail illegally beyond his sentence with no other charges filed against him. That is illegal under our form of government and I hope it remains so. Obviously, Immigration dropped the ball on their side and should be held accountable. However, that does not change the responsibilities of the city nor the rights of the individual.
So we should give him $150 large??

I see, I'm learning, makes sense right?:rolleyes:

rk

kb27_99
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM

Jeff,

He was still breaking the law, hence ILLEGAL ALIEN.

david gibson
05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Jeff,

no KB, dont you get it? he was just seeking a better life where he can drink rum straight from the bottle and smoke crack on the streets. its not his fault.

how long you think that $147K is going to last him, and where is it going to be spent? even DNF should be able to get that one right

YardleyLabs
05-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Jeff,

Being an illegal alien is a charge. It must be brought like any other and the accused afforded an opportunity to prove otherwise. Obviously, by flagging the case, INS was indicating that they believed that the individual was illegal and was asking to be notified when he would be released. They were. They failed to follow up, according to the story, and indicated that they did not know why New York continued to hold him after the 48 hours. Unlike Arizona, New York has no state law regarding immigration status and is not empowered to enforce Federal law. As a consequence, they had no grounds to hold the prisoner.

ducknwork
05-10-2010, 04:17 PM
So why was it worth 145K?(<<serious question) They should have just reimbursed him the amount of money that he would have been making at his job if he wasn't in the slammer. UNLESS he was selling drugs, I don't see making that kind of dough in a month...Of course, an illegal would NEVER sell drugs, right?

kb27_99
05-10-2010, 06:04 PM
OK Jeff,

You make a valid point, although i dont agree with it. DO you believe this minor screw up is worth the money he is asking for?

road kill
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
This is an OUTRAGE!!

This guy is a "Model" citizen, how awful he was in jail, there was rum and crack cocaine to be done!!

rk

Michael Pearrow
05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
My thoughts if you are here illegally You should be took to the nearest border to where you are from let go and told don't come back you hot here some way you get back to where you belong the same way . Think about this we are a joke we are the only country you can sneek into and not only will we not tax you we will educate you also . Think about this several people are homeless several peopleare going hungry and among those are kids too . We got to stop this and stop this now we have got to take care of our people .

depittydawg
05-11-2010, 05:37 PM
So we should give him $150 large??

I see, I'm learning, makes sense right?:rolleyes:

rk

He should be sent home. No money in his pocket. Buy him a first class ticket for the inconvenience. :mad:

pat addis
05-12-2010, 07:37 AM

the other side? i thought the people were the other side ?