PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh how refreshing...

ducknwork
05-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Well, I have been out of the loop for the last week or so, but it's nice to know I didn't miss anything. It seems you guys have taken good care of the place in my absence, since it seems to be just the way I left it.;) Just in case anyone else has been gone for a while and doesn't feel like reading much, here is a summary* of all the threads on the first page: (you can thank me later)

1. OP starts thread with semi-meaningful topic, most likely anti-Obama.
2. Yardley posts a one page response on why the claim against the chosen one is ridiculous.
3. UB then proceeds to blast Jeff and 'that PA doc' about the evils of being liberal and gives his take on things, or pastes an article from a conservative talking head.
4. David Gibson quotes UB and says 'right on, bro!'
5. DNF tells us how wonderful the ignore button is because his life is much more fulfilling now that UB is on it, but it sucks that you can still see the comment when someone quotes it. He then says he would respond, but it's not worth it (without realizing that his statement was actually a response to what he deemed 'not worth a response').
6. Hew attempts to get the thread back on track by picking apart Jeff's post and refuting every point and still managing to crack a joke at the end.
7. The joke goes over Yardley's head and he argues with hew for the next 5 posts and never admits he just didn't get the joke. Hew and everyone else are smirking.
8. Luv chimes in with 'Obama is treasonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impeach him!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! AND stop stealing my money, unga bungas!!!!!!!!!!!'
9. DNF wonders why we all can't get along and makes a reference to Bush, but justifies it by saying 'I'm only attempting to show your hypocrisy!'
10. Bon makes some sort of level headed post and it goes largely ignored.
11. (Fill in the blank right winger) chastises DNF for the Bush reference and accuses him of voting for Obama.
12. DNF tells us everyone that he has voted for since 1948 and makes a note that Obama wasn't one of them and then defends his profession, service, etc...
13. UB blasts Dave for being a 'independent'.
14. Dave has no idea of the previous post, but lives his life happily ever after, due to the ignore button.
15. A pissing match ensues, comparing Bush to Obama and Right to Left for the next 3 pages.
16. JDogger makes some irrelevant comment (or maybe it was relevant 4 pages ago) and then ends his post by asking 'What is YOUR plan? Surely your side must have a plan! What are they going to do any different?'
17. RK makes some sort of sarcastic joke.
18. (Fill in the blank lefty) is pseudo-offended and argues with RK for the next 4 posts, therefore completely changing the subject of the thread again.
19. Eventually, all posters lose interest and begin the cycle again on another thread.

That's basically it. Throw in a few Hitler references, maybe a couple POTUS inside jokes and some accusations of Bush being responsible for 9/11 and you have this place in a nutshell.:D

*Any resemblances to any persons, living or dead, is purely fictional and may not be used as grounds for ANY lawsuit. (hear that, Rog?;))

MAN IT FEELS GREAT TO BE BACK!!!!!!:D:D

road kill
05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Well, I have been out of the loop for the last week or so, but it's nice to know I didn't miss anything. It seems you guys have taken good care of the place in my absence, since it seems to be just the way I left it.;) Just in case anyone else has been gone for a while and doesn't feel like reading much, here is a summary* of all the threads on the first page: (you can thank me later)

1. OP starts thread with semi-meaningful topic, most likely anti-Obama.
2. Yardley posts a one page response on why the claim against the chosen one is ridiculous.
3. UB then proceeds to blast Jeff and 'that PA doc' about the evils of being liberal and gives his take on things, or pastes an article from a conservative talking head.
4. David Gibson quotes UB and says 'right on, bro!'
5. DNF tells us how wonderful the ignore button is because his life is much more fulfilling now that UB is on it, but it sucks that you can still see the comment when someone quotes it. He then says he would respond, but it's not worth it (without realizing that his statement was actually a response to what he deemed 'not worth a response').
6. Hew attempts to get the thread back on track by picking apart Jeff's post and refuting every point and still managing to crack a joke at the end.
7. The joke goes over Yardley's head and he argues with hew for the next 5 posts and never admits he just didn't get the joke. Hew and everyone else are smirking.
8. Luv chimes in with 'Obama is treasonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Impeach him!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! AND stop stealing my money, unga bungas!!!!!!!!!!!'
9. DNF wonders why we all can't get along and makes a reference to Bush, but justifies it by saying 'I'm only attempting to show your hypocrisy!'
10. Bon makes some sort of level headed post and it goes largely ignored.
11. (Fill in the blank right winger) chastises DNF for the Bush reference and accuses him of voting for Obama.
12. DNF tells us everyone that he has voted for since 1948 and makes a note that Obama wasn't one of them and then defends his profession, service, etc...
13. UB blasts Dave for being a 'independent'.
14. Dave has no idea of the previous post, but lives his life happily ever after, due to the ignore button.
15. A pissing match ensues, comparing Bush to Obama and Right to Left for the next 3 pages.
16. JDogger makes some irrelevant comment (or maybe it was relevant 4 pages ago) and then ends his post by asking 'What is YOUR plan? Surely your side must have a plan! What are they going to do any different?'
17. RK makes some sort of sarcastic joke.
18. (Fill in the blank lefty) is pseudo-offended and argues with RK for the next 4 posts, therefore completely changing the subject of the thread again.
19. Eventually, all posters lose interest and begin the cycle again on another thread.

That's basically it. Throw in a few Hitler references, maybe a couple POTUS inside jokes and some accusations of Bush being responsible for 9/11 and you have this place in a nutshell.:D

*Any resemblances to any persons, living or dead, is purely fictional and may not be used as grounds for ANY lawsuit. (hear that, Rog?;))

MAN IT FEELS GREAT TO BE BACK!!!!!!:D:D

Yeah, but they are funny sarcastic jokes!!:D

(BTW...where were you??)

rk

Franco
05-10-2010, 01:06 PM
(BTW...where were you??)

rk

He was changing diapers and handling the overnight feedings.

PAY ATTENTION! ;-)

road kill
05-10-2010, 01:07 PM
He was changing diapers and handling the overnight feedings.

PAY ATTENTION! ;-)

PAY what???:confused:

rk

ducknwork
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
(BTW...where were you??)

rk

Having some fun chasing a couple of little monsters for a week and welcoming a new one...:D

dnf777
05-10-2010, 05:17 PM
We missed you too Duck!!

Sounds like you've been doing FAR FAR FAR better things with your time....and you summarized it pretty well!