PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Big Budget Cuts In Perspective

Franco
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts

A great visual on the proposed budget cuts.

Did anyone really think that he was serious about reducing the amount of borrowed and freshly printed money?

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2010, 10:01 AM
In a word, no.

depittydawg
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Did anyone really think that he was serious about reducing the amount of borrowed and freshly printed money?

Much as I disagree with Obama's decisions to this point, regarding the budget, his hands were tied by the last administration. A trillion was earmarked for wall street before he took the oath. The Country was mired in an economic disaster. And the financial effects of 3 Wars on Bush's credit card have all dictated this budget. What I've been disappointed with is that when he has had the opportunity to make significant change, he has dropped the ball.

Franco
05-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Much as I disagree with Obama's decisions to this point, regarding the budget, his hands were tied by the last administration. A trillion was earmarked for wall street before he took the oath. The Country was mired in an economic disaster. And the financial effects of 3 Wars on Bush's credit card have all dictated this budget. What I've been disappointed with is that when he has had the opportunity to make significant change, he has dropped the ball.

I'm not a Bush fan and I do blame him for his incompetence in office but;

What about the pork laden budget Obama received from the previous Congress, which he signed. He had an opportunity then to put his foot down and didn't.

And, the Stimulus Bill which really hasn't stimulated anything other than paying back some of his supporters.

Plus, the new Health Care Bill which will cost us at least a trillion over the next ten years as well as lowering our standard of health care. A massive new and expensive bureacracy that will make us even more dependent on the government.

Obama is growing the bureacracy at a time when we really need to be shrinking it!

depittydawg
05-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm not a Bush fan and I do blame him for his incompetence in office but;

What about the pork laden budget Obama received from the previous Congress, which he signed. He had an opportunity then to put his foot down and didn't.

And, the Stimulus Bill which really hasn't stimulated anything other than paying back some of his supporters.

Plus, the new Health Care Bill which will cost us at least a trillion over the next ten years as well as lowering our standard of health care. A massive new and expensive bureacracy that will make us even more dependent on the government.

Obama is growing the bureacracy at a time when we really need to be shrinking it!

You may be right. But I think it's a little early to pass judgment. The next couple of years will complete the story.

M&K's Retrievers
05-11-2010, 10:54 AM
You may be right. But I think it's a little early to pass judgment. The next couple of years will complete the story.

We can only hope that is all he has. If the majority in either house changes this November, he becomes a lame duck. Here's hoping there will be no more SCOTUS openings for him to fill.

Goose
05-12-2010, 04:48 PM

The April numbers are in and they're anything but pretty. Obama posted an $82.69 billion dollar budget shortfall...4 times the size of the shortfall in April 2009. That's one freaking month!

Let's throw in FICA and Medicare theft and the real number is a budget deficit of $175 billion dollars. Under Obama's budget we're annualizing close to a $2 trillion dollar deficit for the year. Thanks Barack.

Obama's goal is to debauch the country and its currency. We're almost there. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.

Franco
05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
The April numbers are in and they're anything but pretty. Obama posted an $82.69 billion dollar budget shortfall...4 times the size of the shortfall in April 2009. That's one freaking month!

Let's throw in FICA and Medicare theft and the real number is a budget deficit of $175 billion dollars. Under Obama's budget we're annualizing close to a $2 trillion dollar deficit for the year. Thanks Barack.

Obama's goal is to debauch the country and its currency. We're almost there. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.

And, we don't know how much the American Power Act (Cap & tax) if passed will add to the deficit. We do know it will cost thousands of jobs and raise the cost of energy.

Or, the cost of taking care of all our new citizens once the Dems pass thier new version of Amnesty.

Whistler
05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I think everyones opinions here are just what they are opinions, just like mine.

In the time of change there is always turmoil, and everyone always thinks and knows for sure it's all bad until it's over. It's more difficult to be positive then it is to be negative. Any change is better then No change, it may not be the best idea but at least things might be changing...... Good, bad, or indifferent as you and I may feel... lets no judge so harshly...unless you can step up to the plate and do it better, or different .... good or bad as some may call it. Lets all think as one in unity as americans......Change is always difficult as we are going through it, but in the end we all have been through some sort of change and After it's over realized it was for the best and realizing not changing is bad too.

Just some thought. As my dad use to say opionions and ***holes ..Everyone has one.

Franco
05-13-2010, 08:34 AM
I think everyones opinions here are just what they are opinions, just like mine.

In the time of change there is always turmoil, and everyone always thinks and knows for sure it's all bad until it's over. It's more difficult to be positive then it is to be negative. Any change is better then No change,
Not true! Many things are better off not changing. Change for the sake of change is often detremental.
it may not be the best idea but at least things might be changing...... Good, bad, or indifferent as you and I may feel... lets no judge so harshly...unless you can step up to the plate and do it better, or different .... good or bad as some may call it.
If nominated, I WILL run.
Lets all think as one in unity as americans......Change is always difficult as we are going through it, but in the end we all have been through some sort of change and After it's over realized it was for the best and realizing not changing is bad too.
As you get older you will realize the falicy with this line of thinking.

Just some thought. As my dad use to say opionions and ***holes ..Everyone has one.

Good for your Dad and one day, you may even have your own opinions.