PDA

View Full Version : richest congress men 8 out 10 democrats

pat addis
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
8 out of the top 10 richest congerssmen are democrats with john kerry leading the way worth 167 mil. not bad.most of his money came from his wife but it just goes to show why they are so out of touch. he also gave a whopping 995.00 to charity in 2007 the last reported year. the median net worth of every one in congress is 645,503.00. how can they possibly live on that

depittydawg
05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
8 out of the top 10 richest congerssmen are democrats with john kerry leading the way worth 167 mil. not bad.most of his money came from his wife but it just goes to show why they are so out of touch. he also gave a whopping 995.00 to charity in 2007 the last reported year. the median net worth of every one in congress is 645,503.00. how can they possibly live on that

Net worth is not income. Heck, my net worth is probably around that figure but my income is definitely middle middle class. Now if you meant the median INCOME was 645,000 then that might explain why everybody in DC always wants to lower taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

dnf777
05-12-2010, 01:57 PM

No doubt it takes money to get into politics, by and large. And if you don't have it to begin with, you certainly get it soon afterwards. Look at Mrs. Palin, went from gov's salary to $11million book deal. I don't begrudge her that, its the American way!

But back to Kerry. You correctly pointed out his huge net worth is largely his wife's, then you point out his paultry charitable givings. What were his wife's givings?? I can tell you that the Heinz family has given millions to the Pittsburgh community, so lets be fair. Many large donations are in established trusts, and don't necessarily reflect on individual returns each year.

pat addis
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Net worth is not income. Heck, my net worth is probably around that figure but my income is definitely middle middle class. Now if you meant the median INCOME was 645,000 then that might explain why everybody in DC always wants to lower taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

senators net worth average is 1.79 mil. not too bad.kerry also makes 174,000 per yr salery.so is 995.00 charity.doing his fair share? remember obama from each according to his abilty to each according to his needs. wait that may have been marx ,oh well not a lot of difference

trippadoo
05-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Who cares what Party???? We need term limits and lobby controls. We need to be represented by the "common" man again!!!!!!