PDA

View Full Version : Holder: I didn't read AZ law

luvmylabs23139
05-14-2010, 08:20 AM
So HOlder comes out and blasts a law he now admits that he has not read. Gee the thing is only 10 pages long. At the least read it before you speak!

Franco
05-14-2010, 09:24 AM
They didn't read the Health Care bill nor the Stimulus Package either! Just like they won't read the American Powers Act before they vote on it.

Who in DC has time to read proposed bills? Afterall, there are Lobbyist to dine with, tax payer funded trips to take one's entire staff half way around the world, parties and other distractions that comes with being royality. They don't serve us as much as we serve them!

M&K's Retrievers
05-14-2010, 09:57 AM
They didn't read the Health Care bill nor the Stimulus Package either! Just like they won't read the American Powers Act before they vote on it.

Who in DC has time to read proposed bills? Afterall, there are Lobbyist to dine with, tax payer funded trips to take one's entire staff half way around the world, parties and other distractions that comes with being royality. They don't serve us as much as we serve them!

I'm afraid your correct.

Mike

ducknwork
05-14-2010, 11:26 AM
So HOlder comes out and blasts a law he now admits that he has not read. Gee the thing is only 10 pages long. At the least read it before you speak!

He's just taking a page out of O's book. It's in the chapter about giving opinions before you know what you are talking about. It's right after the page about racist cops asking for ID...:rolleyes:

Blackstone
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Did he actually "blast" the new law, or did he say he had concerns about what it could possibly lead to? That was all I heard him say. Perhaps I missed the rest of his comments.

dixidawg
05-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Holder: Feds may sue over Arizona immigration law

...."We are considering all of our options. One possibility is filing a lawsuit," Holder told NBC's "Meet the Press." Possible grounds for the lawsuit would be whether the Arizona law could lead to civil rights violations, he said.....

....Holder told ABC's "This Week" program that one concern about the Arizona law is that "you'll end up in a situation where people are racially profiled, and that could lead to a wedge drawn between certain communities and law enforcement, which leads to the problem of people in those communities not willing to interact with people in law enforcement, not willing to share information, not willing to be witnesses where law enforcement needs them."

"I think we could potentially get on a slippery slope where people will be picked on because of how they look as opposed to what they have done, and that is, I think, something that we have to try to avoid at all costs," Holder added.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/09/holder.arizona.immigration/index.html

How can he make statements and propose actions like this if he has never read the law, or been briefed on it? Shoot first and ask questions later.....

road kill
05-14-2010, 03:19 PM
I wonder if he ever read the Constitution??????

rk

Blackstone
05-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Holder: Feds may sue over Arizona immigration law

...."We are considering all of our options. One possibility is filing a lawsuit," Holder told NBC's "Meet the Press." Possible grounds for the lawsuit would be whether the Arizona law could lead to civil rights violations, he said.....

....Holder told ABC's "This Week" program that one concern about the Arizona law is that "you'll end up in a situation where people are racially profiled, and that could lead to a wedge drawn between certain communities and law enforcement, which leads to the problem of people in those communities not willing to interact with people in law enforcement, not willing to share information, not willing to be witnesses where law enforcement needs them."

"I think we could potentially get on a slippery slope where people will be picked on because of how they look as opposed to what they have done, and that is, I think, something that we have to try to avoid at all costs," Holder added.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/05/09/holder.arizona.immigration/index.html

How can he make statements and propose actions like this if he has never read the law, or been briefed on it? Shoot first and ask questions later.....

The first part of the statement does seem uncalled for, especially since he hadnít read the new law. The second part is an understandable concern, but I still would not have said anything publically until after I at least read the law. I would have to agree he shot first and asked questions later.

gman0046
05-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Doesn't matter wether Holder read the Constitution or not. He still wants to take our guns along with the Kenyan clown.

Gerry Clinchy
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Seems like this is "get Holder" week ... Back in Feb. one of the Dem candidates for Senator Joe Sestak commented in an interview that he had been offered a DC job in return for dropping out of the Senate race against Specter.

That comment would have meant law broken by White House. It has not come up since then. If it were not true, then Sestak would have broken a law. Holder is mum on whether there is an investigation going on. Somebody broke a law ... depends on who.

Meanwhile, POTUS has stated he will not come to PA to campaign for Specter. Becomes sticky ... if WH doesn't want to support Specter, then they are stuck with Sestak. How could Holder investigate Sestak for making an untrue public statement that would mean he would have broken a law? If Sestak spoke the truth, it doesn't help the WH, nor really help Sestak either when it comes to the general election.

Needless to say in the primary campaign Sestak has hammered Specter for his change of parties to hold onto his Senate seat. It really is time for Specter to retire. Poor strategy for Specter who might have become a venerable elder in the Republican party if he had gracefully passed the torch to a newcomer. Now, he is not welcome by either party. And the WH had a poor strategy by initially supporting Specter, and now Holder is on the spot as well. What a tangled web we weave ...

road kill
05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Holder, like everyone in this "Frat House" is in over his head.

They approach this whole thing like it is a term paper.

rk

gman0046
05-15-2010, 09:18 AM
If anybody watched the O'Rielly segment on Holder last night, Holder was exposed for the Douche Bag he is. Then again Hussein Obongo selected him. What else would you expect.

M&K's Retrievers
05-15-2010, 10:02 AM
If anybody watched the O'Rielly segment on Holder last night, Holder was exposed for the Douche Bag he is. Then again Hussein Obongo selected him. What else would you expect.

Don't you know that you can't watch O'Reilly and post on POTUS Place? What were you thinking?

ducknwork
05-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Holder, like everyone in this "Frat House" is in over his head.

They approach this whole thing like it is a term paper.

rk

They are paying someone with ramen, pizza, and beer to do it for them?:confused:

Mr. Kill, we are going to need some evidence to back that one up!:cool:

road kill
05-15-2010, 11:26 AM
They are paying someone with ramen, pizza, and beer to do it for them?:confused:

Mr. Kill, we are going to need some evidence to back that one up!:cool:
Well, for starters this thread has given Mr Holder some exposure.
We did not even address his comments on not giving Miranda rights in the case of immediate danger.

Who would you like next?
Cass Sunstein?
"Big Sis" Napolitano?
Timothy Geithner?
You pick one...........

I think there is a thread discussing the SCOTUS nominee.

I never thought I would get to the point where I would think Hillary would have been a better choice!!

MR. kill ;-)

dback
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
MR kill??????

Achieved some degree of prominence here, have we Stan? :-) :-) :-)

road kill
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
MR kill??????

Achieved some degree of prominence here, have we Stan? :-) :-) :-)

No....that's what "ducknwork" called me.
Not smart enough to figger out why.:confused:

rk

david gibson
05-15-2010, 09:56 PM
our own Honorable Congressman Ted Poe was the man that nailed Holder on that. it was CLASSIC to see him berate Holder and put him in his place.

i have had the honor of serving on a jury in one of Ted Poe's courts. he has a "tough-as-nails" reputation for being one of the best criminal judges in the Houston area. tough, hard sentences that fit the crime, often very creative.

you dont mess with Poe. man o man i would love to see him interview Obama..........................................

ducknwork
05-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Nevermind...just kidding around a little...

road kill
05-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Looks like Holder is not the only one who judges first and finds out the facts later!!

Nice job "Big Sis!"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/17/napolitano_admits_she_hasnt_read_arizona_law_but_s ays_she_wouldnt_sign_it.html

rk