PDA

View Full Version : Training Seminar Sponsored by Avery and Music City HRC

CHMHFCR
05-18-2010, 07:08 AM
We are pleased to announce that Avery and Music City HRC will be sponsoring a three day training seminar with Chris Akin and Scott Greer at the Poole Knobs grounds in LaVergne, TN June 25th - 27th. Both Scott and Chris are part of the Avery Team WaterDog, and are exceptional trainers in their own right as well as seasoned competitors.

This is a way for Avery and Music City to give back to the sport of dogs and to get more people involved in all aspects of retriever training. Whether you run HRC, AKC, SRS, or other venues, this is a great opportunity to observe what you see in the training videos up close and personal.

The best part? The cost is FREE! We will have a limited number of working slots in Beginners, Transition, and Advanced set ups, and unlimited observer spots.

We hope to have great participation for this event. If you are interested in attending either as a participant or observer, please let me know so I can send you a registration form that will tell us about where you are in your training and what areas you need help with.

You can either respond via this forum (but I will need an email address to reply to), or you can respond to Catledges@aol.com.

Kristie Wilder
05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
You folks in Nashville are a MODEL club. You do an incredible job and have an amazing group of dedicated folks... I know it hasn't always been easy, but you have all stuck through it for much longer than I've been around and known you -- over 14 years now I think. Thank you so much for all your hard work and service to the retriever community....

I should say model club"s"... But I know it's generally all the same group of folks.

CHMHFCR
05-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks Kristie! And, you are right. About 70% of us are members of both Music City HRC as well as the Middle TN Amateur Retriever Club.

So far this spring in Nashville we have had an AKC Field Trial, HRC Hunt, SRS Club Event, this weekend's double header AKC Hunt Test, and then the Seminar in June.

We have had some adverse conditions recently with our grounds and pavilion being under Percy Priest lake, but the show must go on!

Hope we get folks out to support us on the Seminar :-)

George C. Tull
05-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Count me in Sherie, pm sent....

TN_LAB
05-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Sounds great. Put me down.

Scott Sutton
05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Sherie, sent an email about attending! Thanks

CHMHFCR
06-09-2010, 08:37 AM
The official registration form is now up on the club website. We will need this form filled out and sent back prior to attending the seminar.

Go to www.mchrc.com and return the form to my attention.

We have had a great response and are looking forward to seeing you all soon.

CHMHFCR
06-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I would like to have all folks registered by this Monday, June 20th, so we can plan accordingly.

Should be a fun weekend, so if you have been thinking about coming, please let me know.

Make sure to mention MCHRC if you are making reservations at the Rodeway Inn, they are giving us a special rate.

See you all next weekend!

smok'in gun
06-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Jeff

captainjack
06-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes,
I and two other friends have been contacted by Sherie.

smok'in gun
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I'll see you there.

Jeff

CHMHFCR
06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
**Start time for Friday is 10 AM to allow folks to get in and settled. Meet at the pavilion.

**Start times for Saturday and Sunday is 7 AM and we will go most of the day on Saturday and should quit around 2 or 3 on Sunday.

**Food will be available on Saturday and Sunday for a nominal fee; everyone on their own for Friday. We will only be taking short breaks, so suggest you stay close to the grounds.

**Bottled water will be available all three days courtesy of Avery

**Bring chairs, sunscreen, bug spray, and plenty of water for your dogs. We will have pop ups for shade and will hopefully hang out by water and tree lines.

Feel free to call me at 615-497-5622 for any other questions or concerns.

Thanks for your committment to our event. Look forward to seeing you all :-)