PDA

View Full Version : Calderon VS AZ law

T. Mac
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Mexico president Calderon calls AZ law "is is forcing our people to face discrimination"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37232608/ns/world_news-americas/

Seems that it is just further example of the total lawlessness, where Mexico has on average 4.5 train robberies and multitudes of truck hijackings per day.
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/05/19/2760345/mexico-highway-railway-theft-surges.html

T. Mac

Gerry Clinchy
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Since Calderon wants a border to "unite" rather than "divide", what are Mexico's immigration laws?

WaterDogRem
05-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Of course he's against AZ law, it could have a significant impact on the income sent back to Mexico.

gman0046
05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Read on Fox News that since Los Angeles has eliminated doing business with Arizona, AZ who supplies one quarter of LA's electrical power has threatened not to continue supplying them power. Good for Arizona.

az hunter
05-19-2010, 05:40 PM
mexican imigration laws are way stricter than the federal law or even MY arizona law. If he is so upset with arizona why doesnt he put his military on the border to keep people from leaving his country? (answer) MONEY! generated in america by illegals goes back to mexico he doesnt want to stop the flow of money into his country. I am so pissed off by our president for not having a spine or a set of balls to stand up to a president of a 3rd world country and tell him how it is going to be. A law is a law weather it is from state level of federal it is the same law you can not enter this country illegally.

sorry had to blow off some steam im pissed.

dnf777
05-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Since Calderon wants a border to "unite" rather than "divide", what are Mexico's immigration laws?

I'm not sure you could find a more fair situation, that to have reciprocal border laws on each side of any given border. That way, any complaints would be like looking in a mirror, and complaining that you don't like what you see!

az hunter
05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;618127]I'm not sure you could find a more fair situation, that to have reciprocal border laws on each side of any given border. /QUOTE]

I had to read this quite a few times just to make sure i was reading your post correctly. why dont you move down here or even vacation in a border state and just look at the carnage left behind from these illegals breaking into MY state. You dont have a problem with illegals way up in Pa so how can you even coment on border security. if you want "reciprocal borders" lets take mexico's law shoot to kill. The only thing that you know about the border is what you hear on the news and it usually isnt correct. What we need is a slanted wall burried deep under ground and extending 40 feet + into the air more border patrol and a military presence.

dnf777
05-19-2010, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;618127]I'm not sure you could find a more fair situation, that to have reciprocal border laws on each side of any given border. /QUOTE]

I had to read this quite a few times just to make sure i was reading your post correctly. why dont you move down here or even vacation in a border state and just look at the carnage left behind from these illegals breaking into MY state. You dont have a problem with illegals way up in Pa so how can you even coment on border security. if you want "reciprocal borders" lets take mexico's law shoot to kill. The only thing that you know about the border is what you hear on the news and it usually isnt correct. What we need is a slanted wall burried deep under ground and extending 40 feet + into the air more border patrol and a military presence.

First of all, I lived 14 years in Texas, several of those in El Paso, which last time I checked, was a border town with a problem. Second, I live in post-Katrina New Orleans, which had more illegal laborers than you would ever hear about in Arizona. And third, if you knew anything about Mexico's immigration laws, you would know I was supporting MUCH tougher laws than we have in America, and you would have saved yourself being so perplexed. I have no need, nor desire to spend precious vacation time in Arizona. NOLA is more my idea of vacation.

Oh, and it was a Pennsylvania town, Hazelton, NOT Arizona that first made waves with tough immigration laws, only to be stricken down by the federal government. We DO have a problem here, Alice!

Don't feel bad, I've also been told that we here in Oil City know NOTHING about oil drilling either. :rolleyes:

az hunter
05-19-2010, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=az hunter;618138]

And third, if you knew anything about Mexico's immigration laws, you would know I was supporting MUCH tougher laws than we have in America

You didnt say anything in your origional post about wanting tougher imigration laws you should have said that in the first place.

Franco
05-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Isn't the government suppose to represent its citizens?

Both parties have been completely irresponsible and are frankly to damn scared to do the right thing.

How can anyone support either party?

dnf777
05-19-2010, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=dnf777;618144]

You didnt say anything in your origional post about wanting tougher imigration laws you should have said that in the first place.

It was implicit to anyone who knows Mexico's laws.

ducknwork
05-20-2010, 06:15 AM
How can anyone support either party?

Because it's better than doing nothing at all. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. It would be awesome to have someone worth voting for instead of someone more worth voting against than the other.

Franco
05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Because it's better than doing nothing at all. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. It would be awesome to have someone worth voting for instead of someone more worth voting against than the other.

What makes you think you may have a choice in the future that you will be happy about? I see both parties as dysfunctional.

I personally would rather vote for the individual, no matter which party, than support either dysfunctional party.

ducknwork
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
What makes you think you may have a choice in the future that you will be happy about? I see both parties as dysfunctional.

I personally would rather vote for the individual, no matter which party, than support either dysfunctional party.

Where did I say anything about thinking I might actually have a good choice in the future? I must have missed it. And I certainly wasn't defending either party, I think they both suck. One just seems to suck less on more of the issues that I feel strongly about. That's not to say that I am a straight ticket voter or anything, because I always look at the person before what is in parentheses after there name. Don't really know where you got that from either.:rolleyes: