PDA

View Full Version : Zinger blind

dnf777
05-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Just to give credit where credit is due....
Got my zinger 3-panel holding blind last week and put it through sea trials this week. Can't believe all the time I've wasted stomping poles into the ground and threading canvas over them. This blind was obviously designed by someone who actually sets them up and uses them. Very easy to carry and place. I would recommend carrying a few tent stakes however, as it will topple if windy. Even with a few stakes, it's still far easier to set up and tear down than my old blind.

Joe Brakke
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
The wind is the problem with this blind. I purchased one for $100 (4 panel) and it was the worst $100 I have spent on training equipment, it sits in my garage and never used. I have a three panel OSP blind, metal poles and it can stand up to 30 mph winds. Zinger is good if no wind, and how many days will you train if you train with a "no wind" requirement. Zinger needs to come up with a guideline anchoring system but that would be hard to do without tripping the user.

dnf777
05-27-2010, 04:06 PM
The wind is the problem with this blind. I purchased one for $100 (4 panel) and it was the worst $100 I have spent on training equipment, it sits in my garage and never used. I have a three panel OSP blind, metal poles and it can stand up to 30 mph winds. Zinger is good if no wind, and how many days will you train if you train with a "no wind" requirement. Zinger needs to come up with a guideline anchoring system but that would be hard to do without tripping the user.

How much do you want for your Zinger?

Joe Creedon
05-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree the wind presents a problem. One of my training partners has one. It's a nice looking blind, but it needs to be staked down. I prefer Holdiing Blinds with poles that can be driven into the ground

Butch Chambers
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Not only a great holding blind but a good portable hunting blind also.

Joe Dutro
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
A very nice well built blind. Folds up well and compact. I would also recommend some tent stakes.
Joe