PDA

View Full Version : Calderon's latest

david gibson
05-23-2010, 09:40 PM
"Felipe Calderon tells Univison that "Arizona is encroaching on land that was stolen from Mexico." Democrats are applauding this????????????? His full quote is "Arizona is encroaching on land that was stolen from Mexico. Trying to exclude Mexicans from territory that should, by right, belong to Mexico perpetuates the original offense. from michael berry's facebook page

would he have gotten a standing O from the idiot democrats if he said this to their faces, or at least said this the day before he spoke to them?

too bad GWB isnt still in power, i would cheer an invasion of that pitiful excuse for a nation, but then again, what victor would want the spoils of that war??? ;)

depittydawg
05-23-2010, 09:50 PM
"Felipe Calderon tells Univison that "Arizona is encroaching on land that was stolen from Mexico." Democrats are applauding this????????????? His full quote is "Arizona is encroaching on land that was stolen from Mexico. Trying to exclude Mexicans from territory that should, by right, belong to Mexico perpetuates the original offense. from michael berry's facebook page

would he have gotten a standing O from the idiot democrats if he said this to their faces, or at least said this the day before he spoke to them?

too bad GWB isnt still in power, i would cheer an invasion of that pitiful excuse for a nation, but then again, what victor would want the spoils of that war??? ;)

Sounds like bogus nonsense to me. And you want to invade a country because you heard something... How many people do you think we should kill if, indeed, the foolish leader of this Country did say these things? One cities worth. Maybe a million? How many dead would satisfy you? Just curious.

Hew
05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Sounds like bogus nonsense to me. And you want to invade a country because you heard something... How many people do you think we should kill if, indeed, the foolish leader of this Country did say these things? One cities worth. Maybe a million? How many dead would satisfy you? Just curious.
Just curious if you've ever heard of google. It's really pretty amazing. You can type something like "Calderon Univision Arizona Stolen," hit enter and see what happens. Give 'er a spin.

david gibson
05-23-2010, 10:04 PM

oh for christs sake can't you get a sense of humor? do you really take that literally?? dont you see the little smiley face??

i speak near fluent spanish and have spent a total of about a year in that country for both work and play.

some people.....:rolleyes:

depittydawg
05-23-2010, 10:37 PM
oh for christs sake can't you get a sense of humor? do you really take that literally?? dont you see the little smiley face??

i speak near fluent spanish and have spent a total of about a year in that country for both work and play.

some people.....:rolleyes:

It simply amazes me at how easily a couple politicians casting for votes can rile up the base at bogus causes. Especially the right wing crowd. Simply amazing. That's the point... :p

dnf777
05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
[QUOTE=david gibson;619815too bad GWB isnt still in power, i would cheer an invasion of that pitiful excuse for a nation, but then again, what victor would want the spoils of that war??? ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh boy...here we go again bringing up Bush! It is a shame he's not president, he was making SO MUCH PROGRESS towards solving the immigration problem....just a few more days and we would have had it licked!! If he and Cheney were in power, we'd never of had this oil spill either, I suppose?:rolleyes:

david gibson
05-24-2010, 06:54 AM
It simply amazes me at how easily a couple politicians casting for votes can rile up the base at bogus causes. Especially the right wing crowd. Simply amazing. That's the point... :p

the story is true, dude. no bogus cause here.

david gibson
05-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Oh boy...here we go again bringing up Bush! It is a shame he's not president, he was making SO MUCH PROGRESS towards solving the immigration problem....just a few more days and we would have had it licked!! If he and Cheney were in power, we'd never of had this oil spill either, I suppose?:rolleyes:

i would expect a bozo remark like this from you. you took the bait well!

dnf777
05-24-2010, 07:32 AM
i would expect a bozo remark like this from you. you took the bait well!

No, I addressed the fact that YOUR party did NOTHING to stem the flow of illegals coming into this country. If you think that's a "bozo" remark, have at it. I'll refrain from calling names, and stick to discussing the issues.

M&K's Retrievers
05-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Oh boy. I think I'm done for a while.

david gibson
05-24-2010, 08:12 AM
No, I addressed the fact that YOUR party did NOTHING to stem the flow of illegals coming into this country. If you think that's a "bozo" remark, have at it. I'll refrain from calling names, and stick to discussing the issues.

there you go again, blaming bush. sigh.

i have not voted in a republican party primary since Reagan. i have no party affiliation and have never stated that i am a republican, and have never voted a straight party ticket. although i do tend to trust them more than democrats but thats mainly a conservative vs far left liberal issue, so try again.

david gibson
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM

i called your remark bozo, not a direct name calling on you my friend. but i expected that to slip past you. a smart person can make a stupid remark - bush, biden, and obama are all masters at that, that doesnt mean they are being called stupid. can you grasp that concept? kinda like when obama said the boston police "acted stupidly", he wasnt saying they were stupid people.

dnf777
05-24-2010, 08:58 AM
i called your remark bozo, not a direct name calling on you my friend. but i expected that to slip past you. a smart person can make a stupid remark - bush, biden, and obama are all masters at that, that doesnt mean they are being called stupid. can you grasp that concept? kinda like when obama said the boston police "acted stupidly", he wasnt saying they were stupid people.

and likewise I said "I will refrain from calling names", and never accused you of doing so. But that slipped past you, didn't it?

Have a nice day, and if you insist on the last word, you got it, this is becoming a waste of bandwidth.

Gerry Clinchy
05-24-2010, 10:19 AM
The Babel Fish translation really is pretty sucky (I don't speak Spanish), so I wonder how they got this part so exactly:

Calderon added. “Arizona is encroaching on land that was stolen from Mexico. Trying to exclude Mexicans from territory that should, by right, belong to original Mexico perpetuates the offense.”

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforo.univision.co m%2Ft5%2FDem%25C3%25B3cratas%2FCalderon-reclama-que-Arizona-pertene-a-M%25C3%25A9xico-LA-RECONQUISTA%2Fm-p%2F393717212&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv8-hpd03

If the quote is accurate, however, Calderon is the kind of guy that would have been well-served by LBJ's brand of diplomacy.

It appears that the comment was made on May 1 ... before Calderon's visit. Have just enough Spanish "acquaintance" to see that the headline focuses on this particular statement. In which case, perhaps the Congress should have been more temperate in their courtesy to Mr. Calderon.

M&K's Retrievers
05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
The Babel Fish translation really is pretty sucky (I don't speak Spanish), so I wonder how they got this part so exactly:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforo.univision.co m%2Ft5%2FDem%25C3%25B3cratas%2FCalderon-reclama-que-Arizona-pertene-a-M%25C3%25A9xico-LA-RECONQUISTA%2Fm-p%2F393717212&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv8-hpd03

If the quote is accurate, however, Calderon is the kind of guy that would have been well-served by LBJ's brand of diplomacy.

It appears that the comment was made on May 1 ... before Calderon's visit. Have just enough Spanish "acquaintance" to see that the headline focuses on this particular statement. In which case, perhaps the Congress should have been more temperate in their courtesy to Mr. Calderon.

Congress doesn't read pending legislation nor passed bills so why would you expect them to read a newspaper or be up to date on current affairs?

Marvin S
05-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?y=-JDo36xPYgE

This congresscritter also got a 100% on CfG's annual no big spender's list.

road kill
05-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I was thinking, Obama could make Calderon the Czar of Mexico!!:D

rk