PDA

View Full Version : Gett'n Pretty Hairy

depittydawg
05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Seems the Korean Peninsula is heating up... About to boil over? Perhaps someone can remind me why the US has to be involved in this. Is it no longer possible for a conflict anywhere on the planet to "not concern us"?

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/obama-backs-south-korea-in-retaliation-against-north-korea/19488995

Cody Covey
05-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Seems like ever since WW2 ended we always have to stick our nose in other peoples business. Then we get made out to be the bad guy. We would be better off just have a strong national DEFENSE and leave it at that. No need to go and pick fights that don't need to be fought.

Franco
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM
The Korean Conflict was 60 years ago.

One would think that South Korea would be able to defend themselves by now. Of course, why should they have to concern themselves with defense since we have committed so many troops forever.

Maybe we should turn the defense of S Korea over to the Japenesse afterall, they owe the Korean people after what they did to them in WW2 and we buy enough Kias and Hyundais to support their military.

Buzz
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
It's all Obama's fault.

gman0046
05-24-2010, 04:35 PM
It's not Obama it's Obongo! Thats Kenyan for Obama.

depittydawg
05-24-2010, 05:20 PM

Well, now that I know that, it no longer offends me to hear it. Kind of like, Bozo was Texan for Bush... :cool:

dnf777
05-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Do you speak fluent Kenyanese? Where you from gman? Got papers?

gman0046
05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Only Yankee's from western Pa. along with loin cloth wearing Obongo speak fluent Kenyanese.

zeus3925
05-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Bet you can't find Kenya on the map, without looking it up on the net!

zeus3925
05-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Only Yankee's from western Pa. along with loin cloth wearing Obongo speak fluent Kenyanese.

There is no such language as Kenyanese. Let's start your education in Swahili.

The word for dog is "mbwa".

Nate_C
05-24-2010, 09:45 PM
The Korean Conflict was 60 years ago.

One would think that South Korea would be able to defend themselves by now. Of course, why should they have to concern themselves with defense since we have committed so many troops forever.

Maybe we should turn the defense of S Korea over to the Japenesse afterall, they owe the Korean people after what they did to them in WW2 and we buy enough Kias and Hyundais to support their military.

We are not there to defend S. Korea against N.Korea. We are there to make sure they never have too. N Korea might have a chance against S. Korea and they have a insane leader, but not even he is crazy enough to go against the US. We have to prevent a N Korea vs S. Korea conflict because if it ever did happen China would have to set in to support NK, then Japan and the US would step in, then Russia, then india....ect.... WW3 in fact SK spends quite a bit on defense, not as much as we do but not nothing they are 10th world wide. We are there to make sure that they don't and with our troops on the ground China knows it too and they are always pulling old kimmy back.

dnf777
05-24-2010, 10:05 PM

Odd you mention that...one of my first flight instructors back in '85 was a Swede, raised in Kenya, on a work visa. He did teach me some Swahili, but the only thing I remember from playing quarters after work is "ebu-knunuae" which means "shut up and drink". (or at least that's how I remember it)

As for your visions of black men of power wearing loincloths....I'll let you alone with that one! :D:D

depittydawg
05-24-2010, 11:54 PM
We are not there to defend S. Korea against N.Korea. We are there to make sure they never have too. N Korea might have a chance against S. Korea and they have a insane leader, but not even he is crazy enough to go against the US. We have to prevent a N Korea vs S. Korea conflict because if it ever did happen China would have to set in to support NK, then Japan and the US would step in, then Russia, then india....ect.... WW3 in fact SK spends quite a bit on defense, not as much as we do but not nothing they are 10th world wide. We are there to make sure that they don't and with our troops on the ground China knows it too and they are always pulling old kimmy back.

I guess the world will never be short of domino theories. What if the Koreans threw a war, and nobody else showed up?

subroc
05-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I guess the world will never be short of domino theories. What if the Koreans threw a war, and nobody else showed up?

what if there were pies in the skies?

depittydawg
05-25-2010, 01:50 AM
what if there were pies in the skies?

No doubt you'd see them as a threat.

Hew
05-25-2010, 09:41 AM
It's all Obama's fault.
It's not all his fault. But weakness invites conflict. And certainly Obama projects and proclaims his softness for the entire world to witness.

Some excerpts from a scathing Krauthammer commentary written a few days ago, but timely given what's going on w/ the Koreas:

The Fruits of Weakness http://article.nationalreview.com/434644/the-fruits-of-weakness/charles-krauthammer?page=1

The real news is that already notorious photo: the president of Brazil, our largest ally in Latin America, and the prime minister of Turkey, for more than half a century the Muslim anchor of NATO, raising hands together with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the most virulently anti-American leader in the world.

That picture — a defiant, triumphant “take that” to Uncle Sam — is a crushing verdict on the Obama foreign policy. It demonstrates how rising powers, traditional American allies, having watched this administration in action, have decided that there’s no cost to lining up with America’s enemies and no profit in lining up with a U.S. president given to apologies and appeasement.

This is not just an America in decline. This is an America in retreat — accepting, ratifying, and declaring its decline, and inviting rising powers to fill the vacuum.

Nor is this retreat by inadvertence. This is retreat by design and, indeed, on principle. It’s the perfect fulfillment of Obama’s adopted Third World narrative of American misdeeds, disrespect, and domination, from which he has come to redeem us and the world. Hence his foundational declaration at the U.N. General Assembly last September that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation” (guess who’s been the dominant nation for the last two decades?) and his dismissal of any “world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another.” (NATO? The West?)

depittydawg
05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
It's not all his fault. But weakness invites conflict. And certainly Obama projects and proclaims his softness for the entire world to witness.

Some excerpts from a scathing Krauthammer commentary written a few days ago, but timely given what's going on w/ the Koreas:

Now see, I would say there is just as much chance that these 'fallouts' stem from the failed policies of the previous administration. Admanjenadad (not even worried about sp) was just as much of an ass when Bush was acting like a warlord as he is now that Obama is acting like a diplomat. Turkey has always been a stone throw away from radical Islam, and Brazil, along with most of South America was very distrustful of the previous administration.
I think America's position of weakness in the world today stems from two failures. First, we carry the anchor of indefinite continuation of two regional wars weighing on our military preparedness to react to Global emergencies. Second we appear to have been mortally wounded by the economic policies of the last decade or more that have marginalized our ability to influence other nations on the planet. In a word, our empire has been in decline for a very long time and is crumbling today, as did the Soviets a generation ago.

Roger Perry
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, now that I know that, it no longer offends me to hear it. Kind of like, Bozo was Texan for Bush... :cool:

I thought it was dumbya

ducknwork
05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
^^lmao (at, not with)

What are the lyrics to that Slim Shady song...oh yeah...

'Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back....'