PDA

View Full Version : Who is this James Carville guy??

road kill
05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
And what does he know anyway???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObrZwCVKR-c

What did he say at 30 seconds??:D

rk

Franco
05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
James is an LSU grad and the man that ran Bill Clinton's 1992 run for President. Right now, he's probably watching the LSU Tigers spank the Florida Gators in the SEC Baseball tourney.

He is still very close to Bill and Hillary.

dnf777
05-26-2010, 08:30 PM
James is one smart, passionate coon-ass!
I don't always agree 100% with him, but am always 100% entertained listening to him!

road kill
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
James is an LSU grad and the man that ran Bill Clinton's 1992 run for President. Right now, he's probably watching the LSU Tigers spank the Florida Gators in the SEC Baseball tourney.

He is still very close to Bill and Hillary.

Franco,
It was a rhetorical question.
Did you watch the clip?
"Political Stupidity??"

He criticized "the Obama!!!!!":D

rk

Franco
05-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, I saw the clip earlier.

I'm not saying that what he said about Obama wasn't politically motivated but, I would bet James would have been a big part in Hillary's campaign had she gotten the nod.

Here's the deal: what can Obama do to stop the leak short of plugging himself in the hole? All the experts are there!

M&K's Retrievers
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

I'm not saying that what he said about Obama wasn't politically motivated but, I would bet James would have been a big part in Hillary's campaign had she gotten the nod.

....!

He still will be when she decides to make her intentions to run public.

road kill
05-26-2010, 08:48 PM

Here's the deal: what can Obama do to stop the leak short of plugging himself in the hole? All the experts are there!
I think he was advising Obama to make political hay out of this.

rk

Buzz
05-26-2010, 08:49 PM

I could not agree more, but that's bad politics... You're supposed to beat Obama over the head with any available club.

dnf777
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Talk about being set up for failure! If he doesn't go, he's a schmuck. If he DOES go, now it will look like he's just politicking. The repubs have him right where they've always wanted him. Brilliant!

road kill
05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
I could not agree more, but that's bad politics... You're supposed to beat Obama over the head with any available club.

I think he was advising Obama to make political hay out of this.:D

BTW--what are you supposed to do when he hands you the "club??"

rk

(did either of you watch the video????)

dnf777
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm proud of you RK.....watching James Carville.
Maybe you'll come over to the reasonable side soon! :D

Eric Johnson
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
There are some indications that the "top kill" procedure has worked. BP wants to wait about 24 hours before declaring victory.

If so, YEAH.

Eric

dnf777
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Ok, here's another question. Even if the top-kill was successful (praying it was) there's only been about 7 days worth of oil hit the coast, with 30 more days worth lurking in the gulf. If this flotilla of supertankers was used successfully in an Arabian Sea spill (apparently they can suck and transport 1 million barrels each to separation facilities) it seems like every second they're not deployed is a second wasted in limiting the impact of the already spilled oil.

Franco
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
This explains the Top Kill procedure.

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/top_kill_operation_going_as_pl.html

I just don't understand what took them over a month to attemp it.

M&K's Retrievers
05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Ok, here's another question. Even if the top-kill was successful (praying it was) there's only been about 7 days worth of oil hit the coast, with 30 more days worth lurking in the gulf. If this flotilla of supertankers was used successfully in an Arabian Sea spill (apparently they can suck and transport 1 million barrels each to separation facilities) it seems like every second they're not deployed is a second wasted in limiting the impact of the already spilled oil.

Well someone should tell Bush to get his ass in gear and get those tankers moving. Oh wait, it's obama's turn isn't it?:rolleyes:

subroc
05-27-2010, 05:40 AM
I'm proud of you RK.....watching James Carville.
Maybe you'll come over to the reasonable side soon! :D

James Carville? Reasonable?

ducknwork
05-27-2010, 07:31 AM
There are some indications that the "top kill" procedure has worked. BP wants to wait about 24 hours before declaring victory.

If so, YEAH.

Eric

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html

aandw
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
James Carville? Reasonable?

that is exactly what i was thinking. he is entertaining. but not reasonable.

dnf777
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM

What did you find unreasonable in his rant?

aandw
05-27-2010, 09:10 AM
i haven't seen this one. i can't view it on my company computer. i have seen him plenty of times before.
rea·son·a·ble   
1. agreeable to reason or sound judgment; logical: a reasonable choice for chairman.
2. not exceeding the limit prescribed by reason; not excessive: reasonable terms.
3. moderate, esp. in price; not expensive:
4. endowed with reason.
5. capable of rational behavior, decision, etc.
i didn't say he was always wrong (almost all), but i have never heard him be reasonable to anything he didn't agree with.

M&K's Retrievers
05-27-2010, 09:21 AM
What did you find unreasonable in his rant?

I think this rant gets a pass.

ducknwork
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html

Look at it now...I don't see anything coming out!

Bayou Magic
05-27-2010, 12:18 PM

Carville is neither reasonable nor entertaining. He claims to be from LA, but he's not. Carville is an alien from the planet Headnbut sent here to piss off the real coonasses.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up.

fp

Buzz
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't know what exactly the camera is focused on right now, but I've heard that they think that the oil has stopped and they are trying to cap it with cement.

Buzz
05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Carville is neither reasonable nor entertaining. He claims to be from LA, but he's not. Carville is an alien from the planet Headnbut sent here to piss off the real coonasses.

fp

Back during the 90's I hated Carville, but then I hated Clinton back then too.

Now I just think that Carville is entertaining.

ducknwork
05-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't know what exactly the camera is focused on right now, but I've heard that they think that the oil has stopped and they are trying to cap it with cement.

At the bottom of the screen, it says 'inspect hoses from distribution panel'. I guess that's what they are doing. The articles I have read say that they'll know this afternoon if it will work. I know I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Franco
05-27-2010, 02:54 PM

fp

Carville has been pissing off Cajuns for a long time. Not so much because he is a Democrat but, because he doesn't know how to spell his name. All self-respecting Cajuns spell it Courville.

starjack
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Just heard thrers a snag in the top kill plan .

dnf777
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Carville has been pissing off Cajuns for a long time. Not so much because he is a Democrat but, because he doesn't know how to spell his name. All self-respecting Cajuns spell it Courville.

They'll have to change the name of the town he's from then....I believe its spelled Carville.

bobbyb
05-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Man you're a smart dude.. I believe it was all a set-up !!! He and Sister Mary or should i say The Louisiana Purchase throwing Obongo under the bus !!! NEVER !! just remember a SKUNK don't never lose it's STRIPES...
BobbyB
cajun

Sabireley
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
A timely cartoon from www.xkcd.com with James Carville mentioned.
Permanent link to this comic: http://xkcd.com/748/