PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day From ESPN

Franco
05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I lifted the following while reading about a possible Super Bowl hosted at Lambeau Field and came across this on the NFC North Blog;

Call me a sap, but the song that's popping in my head is actually a rare, uplifting country tune from David Ball. (Normally you have to listen to a country song backwards for something good to happen.) The tune is "Riding with Private Andrew Malone (http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/d/davidball1039/ridingwithprivatemalone47366.html)" and tells the story of a guy who finds a letter from a previous owner of the car he just bought.

He said my name is Private Andrew Malone
And if your readin' this, then I didn't make it home
But for every dream that's shattered
Another one comes true
This car was once a dream of mine
Now it belongs to you
Though you may take her and make her your own
You'll always be riding with Private Malone

road kill
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I lifted the following while reading about a possible Super Bowl hosted at Lambeau Field and came across this on the NFC North Blog;

Call me a sap, but the song that's popping in my head is actually a rare, uplifting country tune from David Ball. (Normally you have to listen to a country song backwards for something good to happen.) The tune is "Riding with Private Andrew Malone (http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/d/davidball1039/ridingwithprivatemalone47366.html)" and tells the story of a guy who finds a letter from a previous owner of the car he just bought.

He said my name is Private Andrew Malone
And if your readin' this, then I didn't make it home
But for every dream that's shattered
Another one comes true
This car was once a dream of mine
Now it belongs to you
Though you may take her and make her your own
You'll always be riding with Private Malone
Neat letter & song.

I visited my Pop's grave at Jefferson Barracks in St Louis yesterday.
Read a lot of the markers.
I wept.

I saluted those brave souls, and rode away on my H-D.
As I left some of the old guys that are still here exchanged salutes with me.

Yes ladies and gentleman, there was a time when men respected each other.
Some of us still hang on to what we fought for!

Have a safe and comfortable weekend.
Celebrate with your friends and families!

Remember this;

"Freedom is NOT free!!"

stan b

freefall319
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Took me a while to respond to this, had to choke it down.

I visited my good friends site for the first time yesterday since the funeral. It's been over 5 years...........I just could'nt do it sooner, hurt too much. We served together for 5 years before that day & had been through good times and walked into hell together.......... I will carry him with me everywhere I go until the day I leave this earth.

Thanks to all of those who served/are serving & the familes who support us!