PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Test MIRRC June 11th & 12th, 2010

BWCA Labs Margo Penke
05-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Training and looking forward to 2 of our dogs running in this event!
Jolor's Rejuvenator JH
Jolor's Pixie Blue

BWCA Labs Margo Penke
06-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Jolor's Rejuvenator JH "Sparkle", breeder/owner: Margo Penke, earned her 3rd SH pass today (6/11/10). Thank you Mark Vossbein for being her trainer/handler. Sparkle has made us all proud, what a dog! She has not failed a test to date.
What a great way to spend a day.
I believe there were 10 out of 17 that won SH ribbons. I know one had 'Guns & Roses' in it's name, need my brochure for details. We are florists by trade and sell fresh cut roses for a living so we always joke that we're about gun dogs and roses...no wonder that dog would come to mind...anyway...
Mark Vossbein also had 3 of the 6 dogs who went to the last series of the Master. Special congrats to "Gina"...
So many more should have horns blown for them...hope others contribute here to this thread. I will do my best after the test tomorrow to fill in some blanks...results will get posted on Entry Express, sure shootin'.
Anyway. It's a rush.
For the Love of The Dog and It's Owner ><>Margo
Really appreciate the folks at MIRRC...good people, great retriever club.

Red retrievers
06-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Jolor's Rejuvenator JH "Sparkle", breeder/owner: Margo Penke, earned her 3rd SH pass today (6/11/10). Thank you Mark Vossbein for being her trainer/handler. Sparkle has made us all proud, what a dog! She has not failed a test to date.
What a great way to spend a day.
I believe there were 10 out of 17 that won SH ribbons. I know one had 'Guns & Roses' in it's name, need my brochure for details. We are florists by trade and sell fresh cut roses for a living so we always joke that we're about gun dogs and roses...no wonder that dog would come to mind...anyway...
Mark Vossbein also had 3 of the 6 dogs who went to the last series of the Master. Special congrats to "Gina"...
So many more should have horns blown for them...hope others contribute here to this thread. I will do my best after the test tomorrow to fill in some blanks...results will get posted on Entry Express, sure shootin'.
Anyway. It's a rush.
For the Love of The Dog and It's Owner ><>Margo
Really appreciate the folks at MIRRC...good people, great retriever club.

That was Maple Hills Guns N Roses - Rose

This was her 2nd sh test did a great job.

Would have passed the first but due to handler error, second bird down on the water series she crept and I quietly said "sit" DQ. She did a great job retrieving both birds and nailed the blind. Would have passed if I kept quiet.

She is a great little golden and was the youngest dog in the SR both tests she has run. It's a privilege and I am really proud to work behind her.

Rose was owner bred and trained. Enough of a brag for now.

Dan

BWCA Labs Margo Penke
06-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks Dan...hope more contribute thoughts and results here. Glad to hear from you. Well, today at The 2010 AKC Hunting Test in Virginia, MN, BWCA Labs has some bad news and some good news: Jolor's Pixie Blue did not get her qualifying ribbon in JH. However, on a good note, she did complete. Joe DeLoia advised us years ago - to: Set your goal on 'completion', not 'ribbons'; and "Pixie" did complete...however, she did it 'her way', just too much 'puppy' and an over-abundance of energy. The Judges said we have a nice little dog there, but we went home with no ribbon for Pixie. "Sparkle", on the other hand, who is AKC registered Jolor's Rejuvenator JH became a titled SH dog; and to add to our brag there...that girl's never failed a test! She is now at home with us, Pixie went home with her trainer, Mark Vossbein. We will see, in time, if Sparkle's breeding with Buster took. When she's done with her pups, Mark V. hopes to run her in Master Hunt.
Wish I knew how to upload photos, have them posted on Facebook...got a few goodies today.
Again, we truly do appreciate the MIRRC and all the people participating in the HT event, June 11th & 12th, 2010.
I know that today Mike Madden received his JH qualifying ribbon for Mikes Mighty Mack (YLM), and Todd & Benita Otterness got a qual ribbon JH for their "Bailey", a female Golden Retriever. Our thoughts for healing to "Rufus", who had to scratch in JH, owned by Kim Buchanan of 'Lanyards with Bling'.
Anyway, I am in much need of rest, so to wrap this up for tonight: Dogs #1, 2, 3, 5, 9 & 11 are the 'unofficial' recipients of JH Qual Ribbons on June 12th, 2010
I know Dog # 18 "Maddie" & Karen Beil & Dog #12: TK's Extreme Maximum Overdrive with owner/Handler: Kirby Mirau got SH qualifying ribbons today. Congratulations to all who did pass...and thanks to all who participated and also ty to those who volunteered their time and talents. The Champagne Chicken for dinner was wonderful! Enjoyed the burgers and Porketta Sandwiches for lunch, too. You guys are great!