PDA

View Full Version : even i wouldnt go this far....

david gibson
06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
i'd at least use an old beater truck. kudos to this guy anyway!!

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/surfgeo/carsign.jpg?t=1275502516

Buzz
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Would an insurance company knowingly insure him against vandalism?

M&K's Retrievers
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Didn't you notice the Texas tags. Believe me when I say "He's safe".

paul young
06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah, i can see how hard he's got it. brand new Escalade.....

poor guy, if things get much worse, the new mercedes for the wife will have to come off the christmas list and Junior won't be able to fly to Cabo for spring break next year......

but, hey, he probably wouldn't admit to voting for McCain/Palin either.....who DID all those people vote for, anyway?-Paul

Buzz
06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Didn't you notice the Texas tags. Believe me when I say "He's safe".

He must not be in Austin...

BonMallari
06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
yeah, i can see how hard he's got it. brand new Escalade.....

poor guy, if things get much worse, the new mercedes for the wife will have to come off the christmas list and Junior won't be able to fly to Cabo for spring break next year......

but, hey, he probably wouldn't admit to voting for McCain/Palin either.....who DID all those people vote for, anyway?-Paul

I voted for Mitt Romney in my state primary and McCain-Palin in the general election....not ashamed of either vote

depittydawg
06-02-2010, 03:11 PM
i'd at least use an old beater truck. kudos to this guy anyway!!

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/surfgeo/carsign.jpg?t=1275502516

Just one question for all those on the "I hate Obama" bandwagon. Is the country worse off today than it was in Janurary of 2008? If so, how? You all like to crucify this guy because he hasn't solved the problems he inherited a little over a year ago. What, exactly has your chosen political leadership done or proposed that has helped pull us out of the mess your last round of leaders created?

ducknwork
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Deppity, your boy has done a wonderful job of screwing us for years and years to come. Just wait until we all get the tax bill for Obamacare.

Henry V
06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Ahhh yes. I wondered when the bumper stickers would start coming out.
You have to love the simple bumper sticker mindset which seems to really appeal to conservatives. Seems to me that if bumper sticker based approaches could solve real world problems then we all should have been in good shape after 6 years of complete Republican control of the white house, senate, and house. It solved the terrorism problem, strengthened the economy, and resulted in immigration reform.;) All it takes is some witty slogan.
"You are either with us or against us" "Don't blame me...", "Drill Baby Drill", "Nobama", etc.
I wonder how many of these are still around?
http://images8.cafepress.com/product/14427058v3_150x150_Front.jpg
http://images4.cafepress.com/nocache/product/14957304v2147483647_150x150_Front.jpg

Marvin S
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Normal is Dippity Doo's original - Large is reply

Just one question for all those on the "I hate Obama" bandwagon. Is the country worse off today than it was in Janurary of 2008? The answer is YES, don't forget he had a headstart with his unlimited access & the Office of the POTUS elect. His boy's comment "We can't let a good crisis go to waste".

If so, how? Think the wrong HC package, crony bailouts & the takeover of industries friendly to him.

You all like to crucify this guy because he hasn't solved the problems he inherited a little over a year ago. Your chosen one has neither the skill set nor the mind set to solve anything, regardless of how long he remains POTUS.

What, exactly has your chosen political leadership done or proposed that has helped pull us out of the mess your last round of leaders created? I believe some fairly good stuff has been proposed but discarded by the majority leadership. If you only read left wing stuff you wouldn't know that :o.

Hew
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Why would you ask that?

Because liberals are violent?

Or because liberals are the type of chickensh!ts who'd vandalize a parked car while the owner is sleeping or in the store?

Or because liberals think the 1st Ammendment was created just so they could burn American flags?

depittydawg
06-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Deppity, your boy has done a wonderful job of screwing us for years and years to come. Just wait until we all get the tax bill for Obamacare.

Except that is purely speculation. There are conservative estimates that say in the long run my tax bill and my health insurance bill will go down because of obama-care. And what if you're right and my tax bill goes up? So long as I get a service for it do I care? I'd rather have higher taxes and good health care, than lower taxes and no health care.
Only time will tell which is correct. One thing I know for sure, the health care system as it was was a failure and 70% of the nations citizens agreed that it was. Would you have preferred doing nothing?
The point is, the guy has only been in office a year and 4 months. In that time the worst economic mess since 1929 is now on the road to recovery. The stock market has rebounded about 20 percent (at today's close). Major corporations that had to borrow billions of dollars from the federal government at the end of the Bush era just to survive are now on strong footing again. Many have paid back the money, and all seem on the road to recovery. There have been no successful terrorist attacks in the United States. At worst, the guy has earned about a C for a report card his first year. This compared to the F of the previous regime.
It's time to show a little respect for your President. And hope like hell some of what he, and other leaders are doing works. Because if we have a complete failure over the next eight years, like we did the previous eight, we could be in a world of hurt at the end of it.

M&K's Retrievers
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
He must not be in Austin...

You mean Berkley East?

dnf777
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Facts are facts. Look at the timeline. Bush created the biggest (and worst) economic turnaround in the history of the world in 6 years. He led us into war with false pretenses. He changed our foreign policy that resulted in us losing moral leadership and respect in the world. His first draft of an economic bailout consisted of almost a trillion dollars of taxpayer money, and ONE PAGE of instructions being held up! (corporate giveaway) In a little over a year of the American people overwhelmingly voting Bush and the republican congress out, we are no longer clinging to a branch dangling over the precipice of economic disaster. Major benefactors of the bailout have repaid the taxpayers in some cases. We still have long way to go, and will need to undo more past errors, but there is at least hope now. Had McCain and Barbie won, there is a good chance the senate candidate would be correct in saying that we would be paying for goods and services with chickens again, and heating our homes by burning the paper money.

I'm sure the driver of that escalade will be perfectly safe, as there are not many blue-collar Americans to be found where he will likely drive his car, like the country club, manicure/pedicure salon, Shi-tzu grooming salon, and BP executive club.

Buzz
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Why would you ask that?

Because liberals are violent?

Or because liberals are the type of chickensh!ts who'd vandalize a parked car while the owner is sleeping or in the store?

Or because liberals think the 1st Ammendment was created just so they could burn American flags?

You should do stand-up.

BonMallari
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Facts are facts. Look at the timeline. Bush created the biggest (and worst) economic turnaround in the history of the world in 6 years. He led us into war with false pretenses. He changed our foreign policy that resulted in us losing moral leadership and respect in the world. His first draft of an economic bailout consisted of almost a trillion dollars of taxpayer money, and ONE PAGE of instructions being held up! (corporate giveaway) In a little over a year of the American people overwhelmingly voting Bush and the republican congress out, we are no longer clinging to a branch dangling over the precipice of economic disaster. Major benefactors of the bailout have repaid the taxpayers in some cases. We still have long way to go, and will need to undo more past errors, but there is at least hope now. Had McCain and Barbie won, there is a good chance the senate candidate would be correct in saying that we would be paying for goods and services with chickens again, and heating our homes by burning the paper money.

I'm sure the driver of that escalade will be perfectly safe, as there are not many blue-collar Americans to be found where he will likely drive his car, like the country club, manicure/pedicure salon, Shi-tzu grooming salon, and BP executive club.

your local field trial or hunt test..DNF 777 you are guilty of "stereotyping", did it ever occur that a black escalade is the vehicle of choice for political parties, executive limousines rentals and such...I know that they were the vehicle of choice for the Secret Service and Presidential visits when I worked for Mortons, they are also the vehicle of choice for most of the hotels here in town, because of their ability to hold maximum passengers and their luggage...Cadillac Escalades are also the vehicle of choice for the hip hop crowd, saw many black escalades when the NBA All Star game was here in town, most with Calif plates and LA Laker bumper stickers

sandyg
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Ahhh yes. I wondered when the bumper stickers would start coming out.
You have to love the simple bumper sticker mindset which seems to really appeal to conservatives. Seems to me that if bumper sticker based approaches could solve real world problems then we all should have been in good shape after 6 years of complete Republican control of the white house, senate, and house. It solved the terrorism problem, strengthened the economy, and resulted in immigration reform.;) All it takes is some witty slogan.
"You are either with us or against us" "Don't blame me...", "Drill Baby Drill", "Nobama", etc.
I wonder how many of these are still around?

At least the bumper stickers are creative. Unlike the standard liberal protest chant; "What do we want? blah blah blah. When do we want it? NOW!"

dnf777
06-02-2010, 08:49 PM
your local field trial or hunt test..DNF 777 you are guilty of "stereotyping", did it ever occur that a black escalade is the vehicle of choice for political parties, executive limousines rentals and such...I know that they were the vehicle of choice for the Secret Service and Presidential visits when I worked for Mortons, they are also the vehicle of choice for most of the hotels here in town, because of their ability to hold maximum passengers and their luggage...Cadillac Escalades are also the vehicle of choice for the hip hop crowd, saw many black escalades when the NBA All Star game was here in town, most with Calif plates and LA Laker bumper stickers

Personally, you wouldn't catch me dead in a Cadillac (unless it was a hearse)!
Everyone I know who's has one has had major quality control issues, like seat seams left open with visible stuffing, centerposts missing, maintenance issues, etc... To me, they represent everything that went wrong with the American automobile along the 70s and 80s.

M&K's Retrievers
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Actually, he's from Dallas or at least he (the vehicle) has been spotted several times in the North Dallas area.

M&K's Retrievers
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Everyone I know who's has one has had major quality control issues, l

I guess that's because you don't actually know any of those blue collar folks you referred to earlier and probably run in the same circles as the Escalade driver.

huntinman
06-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Everyone I know who's has one has had major quality control issues, like seat seams left open with visible stuffing, centerposts missing, maintenance issues, etc... To me, they represent everything that went wrong with the American automobile along the 70s and 80s.

My wife is driving her second one with absolutely no issues of any sort except that it was made by Gov't Motors. We will never buy another one. Fords or even a foreign auto before GM or Chrysler from here on out. Most of what went wrong with GM lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and in the ivory towers of the unions.

Clint Watts
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Why if I work hard and get something nice for myself or my family do liberals demonize me? This has always confused me, is it jealousy?

dnf777
06-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Why if I work hard and get something nice for myself or my family do liberals demonize me? This has always confused me, is it jealousy?

Get some thicker skin my friend. This is POTUS!

You can't post something calling the president an asshole, and not expect some flames coming back at you! Nobody is demonizing you. (I question the judgement of anyone who purchases a cadillac though!) ;-) I admit, they're a flashy, smooth ride, but only for me if someone else is paying for it, or its a lease under warranty at all times.

dnf777
06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
I guess that's because you don't actually know any of those blue collar folks you referred to earlier and probably run in the same circles as the Escalade driver.

Who me?
Mom's side: coal mines western Pa
Dad's side: Steel mills of Pittsburgh
Me: worked in Baytown Tx oil refineries during the summers as a pipefitter's helper toting wrenches that weigh more than you do, and quickly figured out to follow my parent's advice to get an education! Still drive a GMC though, no cadillacs for me.

Nah, I don't know any blue-collar folks. Thanks for setting me straight on me.

pat addis
06-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Except that is purely speculation. There are conservative estimates that say in the long run my tax bill and my health insurance bill will go down because of obama-care. And what if you're right and my tax bill goes up? So long as I get a service for it do I care? I'd rather have higher taxes and good health care, than lower taxes and no health care.
Only time will tell which is correct. One thing I know for sure, the health care system as it was was a failure and 70% of the nations citizens agreed that it was. Would you have preferred doing nothing?
The point is, the guy has only been in office a year and 4 months. In that time the worst economic mess since 1929 is now on the road to recovery. The stock market has rebounded about 20 percent (at today's close). Major corporations that had to borrow billions of dollars from the federal government at the end of the Bush era just to survive are now on strong footing again. Many have paid back the money, and all seem on the road to recovery. There have been no successful terrorist attacks in the United States. At worst, the guy has earned about a C for a report card his first year. This compared to the F of the previous regime.
It's time to show a little respect for your President. And hope like hell some of what he, and other leaders are doing works. Because if we have a complete failure over the next eight years, like we did the previous eight, we could be in a world of hurt at the end of it.

i wonder exactly where the recovery is working is all those temp gov. jobs,or is it the union jobs that we pay for? wait till we have to bail out union pension plans. i don't like him becouse he did not listen on health care, the spending is out of control.

Hew
06-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Who me?
Mom's side: coal mines western Pa
Dad's side: Steel mills of Pittsburgh
Me: worked in Baytown Tx oil refineries during the summers as a pipefitter's helper toting wrenches that weigh more than you do, and quickly figured out to follow my parent's advice to get an education! Still drive a GMC though, no cadillacs for me.
Seeing as 4 out of 5 millionaires are self-made and have similar stories to yours, I don't know how you can assume that anyone who drives an Escalade and thinks Obama is an arsehole must be some sort of privileged dandy out of touch with the rest of us. And I REALLY find it hard to believe that anyone who owns hairless cats could mock Shi-tzu owners. That's akin to Richard Simmons claiming Liberace was too "flamboyant."

WRL
06-03-2010, 08:11 AM
My wife is driving her second one with absolutely no issues of any sort except that it was made by Gov't Motors. We will never buy another one. Fords or even a foreign auto before GM or Chrysler from here on out. Most of what went wrong with GM lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and in the ivory towers of the unions.

I'd rather buy American even if its manufactured by the "American Gov't" then buy something that helps foreign countries.

As long as its safe.....I'll stay American. And GM/Chev/Caddies are a SMOOTH ride.......

More and more stuff is coming out about foreign vehicles and their "not so safe" safety records.

WRL
(new owner of a Ford that DRIVES like a truck ;)

M&K's Retrievers
06-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Nah, I don't know any blue-collar folks. Thanks for setting me straight on me.

I believe I was referring to present tense not your high school days.

dnf777
06-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Seeing as 4 out of 5 millionaires are self-made and have similar stories to yours, I don't know how you can assume that anyone who drives an Escalade and thinks Obama is an arsehole must be some sort of privileged dandy out of touch with the rest of us. And I REALLY find it hard to believe that anyone who owns hairless cats could mock Shi-tzu owners. That's akin to Richard Simmons claiming Liberace was too "flamboyant."

Don't make fun of my cats.....else they'll pee on you sandwich! ;-)

dnf777
06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I believe I was referring to present tense not your high school days.

No problem, but we are made of our past experiences.
My point was essentially that I've seen too many people pay top dollar for a caddy, only to find glaring quality control issues that wouldn't have left the factory if anyone had even looked at the car! Its my right to think they're crap, based on repeated experiences, and not buy one. That's all. Obviously many others feel differently.

M&K's Retrievers
06-03-2010, 10:57 AM
.... Still drive a GMC though, no cadillacs for me.

I'm not sure but I suspect that both are on the same frame and probably come off the same assembly line.

ducknwork
06-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I'd rather buy American even if its manufactured by the "American Gov't" then buy something that helps foreign countries.

As long as its safe.....I'll stay American. And GM/Chev/Caddies are a SMOOTH ride.......

More and more stuff is coming out about foreign vehicles and their "not so safe" safety records.

WRL
(new owner of a Ford that DRIVES like a truck ;)

A little thought I had along these lines the other day...

Toyota, honda, hyundai etc are based in Asia, but they have plants in the US, paying US workers to build the vehicles.
GM, Ford, etc are based in the US, but they have plants in Mexico and Canada, paying Mexicans and Canadians to build the vehicles.

What actually benefits the US more? All the money that pays the wages of the blue collar worker who spends his check at WalMart and other US business, while the white collar workers spend their money in other countries--or--Paying white collar workers here in the US, who spend their money in the US, while the blue collar workers are spending their money north and south of us? Surely there are more blue collar workers in a car company, so would this mean that the 'foreign' car companies that pay wages in the US are actually helping our country more than buying "American Made"?

BonMallari
06-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure but I suspect that both are on the same frame and probably come off the same assembly line.

yup Escalade and GMC Yukon XL are identical, except that the Caddie comes with 20 inch chrome wheels and faux wood trim interiors, same engine and most of the parts are standard GMC #'s....

Chevy Suburban regards

Blackstone
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
yup Escalade and GMC Yukon XL are identical, except that the Caddie comes with 20 inch chrome wheels and faux wood trim interiors, same engine and most of the parts are standard GMC #'s....

Chevy Suburban regards

Not exactly. Escalade has same 6.2L engine as Yukon Denali. Escalde is either 2WD or AWD. Yukon Denali is either 2WD or 4WD. Other than that, they're pretty much the same, except for the price tag, of course.

Personally, I'd opt for a Suburban. Does everything I need it to do, rides just as well, and costs a lot less.

BonMallari
06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Not exactly. Escalade has same 6.2L engine as Yukon Denali. Escalde is either 2WD or AWD. Yukon Denali is either 2WD or 4WD. Other than that, they're pretty much the same, except for the price tag, of course.

Personally, I'd opt for a Suburban. Does everything I need it to do, rides just as well, and costs a lot less.

Yes you are correct, forgot all about the Denali package