PDA

View Full Version : funny and true

aandw
06-04-2010, 08:20 AM
conversation last night after my daughter and i got home from her softball game. we were watching tv, during a commercial a turned to msnbc to see which republican was getting bashed and rachel maddow was reporting from the gulf.
abby: "is that a man or woman?"
me: "yep"
my daughter got a kick out of that. thought some of you would too.

dnf777
06-04-2010, 08:51 AM
When my wife got her hair cut short while in the Army, people teased her about looking like a "softball catcher". I guess the humor was that many softball players are lesbian, but I didn't get it. We should be carefule who we laugh at, because the finger may point right back at you. There are a lot of softball players that people would guess are male, until they see them pitch underhand!

I often disagree with RM, but she lets her guests have a say, and a civil discussion, which is more than many of her contemporaries. She was the first openly gay Rhodes Scholar, and has since earned a PhD. She may be gay, but she's a smart gal. Maybe that should be emphasized more than her personal appearance or preferences.

road kill
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM
When my wife got her hair cut short while in the Army, people teased her about looking like a "softball catcher". I guess the humor was that many softball players are lesbian, but I didn't get it. We should be carefule who we laugh at, because the finger may point right back at you. There are a lot of softball players that people would guess are male, until they see them pitch underhand!

I often disagree with RM, but she lets her guests have a say, and a civil discussion, which is more than many of her contemporaries. She was the first openly gay Rhodes Scholar, and has since earned a PhD. She may be gay, but she's a smart gal. Maybe that should be emphasized more than her personal appearance or preferences.

Yeah yeah yeah, very middle of the road and independent.
No agenda..........just the facts.:rolleyes:

BTW---Gal is not PC!!!

rk

huntinman
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM

yes, and she could be qualified to be on the supreme court!

dnf777
06-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, very middle of the road and independent.
No agenda..........just the facts.:rolleyes:

BTW---Gal is not PC!!!

rk

Says WHO?
She's referred to herself as "this gal" on her show.
Sorry, try again!

M&K's Retrievers
06-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I agree with your daughter.

Franco
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Rachael Maddow or Sean Hannity at 8pn CST. I can't watch either one and switch to either the NFL Network, History International or HBO!;-)

road kill
06-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Rachael Maddow or Sean Hannity at 8pn CST. I can't watch either one and switch to either the NFL Network, History International or HBO!;-)

Don't you mean BHO???

mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmm!!!:D

rk

Franco
06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't you mean BHO???

mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmm!!!:D

rk

I try to avoid BHO as much as possible. His inexperience and lack of leadership has really been exposed over the last 30 days and it definitly reflects in the lastest Gallup Poll.

In regards to HBO, they have some great Dramatic Series like; The Pacific, Treme, Entourage, True Blood and a few more.

aandw
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM

i didn't imply she or your wife was gay. that didn't come up when my daughter and i had our laugh. she is 11, she didn't take my answer as "she must be gay". i personally like short hair on women. i think an athetic body on a woman is attractive.
now that you mention it,maybe that's why i fell in love with my wife and i think my daughter is so beautiful too.
i can't argue with how smart RM is, she has the paper work to prove it. i agree she does try to get conservatives to come on her show. but it is only to belittle their position as soon as the interview is over. i can only take her or hannity in small doses, depends on who thet are interviewing.

starjack
06-04-2010, 04:35 PM
RM trys to be Hannity with a Glen Beck twist she is un watchable . The only time she doesent let her guest talk is when she think she got them in a corner which is not to often

dnf777
06-04-2010, 05:18 PM
i can only take her or hannity in small doses, depends on who thet are interviewing.

We can certainly agree on that. I've noticed that almost ALL political talk shows are not really probing news outlets, or discussion forums, or even true debate forums......rather they are geared towards a certain audience who wishes to have their views validated by having someone shout them out, or make others with opposing views look ridiculous. Both sides are equally guilty of this, although it seems to me the left-leaning shows do it more within the confines of the truth. ;) I'm sure our agreement faded towards the end, there.

road kill
06-04-2010, 05:20 PM
We can certainly agree on that. I've noticed that almost ALL political talk shows are not really probing news outlets, or discussion forums, or even true debate forums......rather they are geared towards a certain audience who wishes to have their views validated by having someone shout them out, or make others with opposing views look ridiculous. Both sides are equally guilty of this, although it seems to me the left-leaning shows do it more within the confines of the truth. ;) I'm sure our agreement faded towards the end, there.

ROFLMAO!!!

Is that you independent middle of the road perspective????

Stop, your killin' me!!!:D

rk

depittydawg
06-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Proud to say I don't allow any of these paid political hacks into my living rooms. Although, the liberal ones are a lot easier to stomach than their counterparts. Not because of what they say; but because of how the run their shows. Their behavior indicates they actually were once taught some manners. This is in contrast to the downright insulting, rude behavior exhibited by Hannety, ORiley, and the other right wing hacks.

Cody Covey
06-04-2010, 06:25 PM
On Hannity's radio show i would agree with your statement but never really seen anything like what you are talking about on his TV show and never seen or heard anything like it from O Reilly ever.

huntinman
06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Proud to say I don't allow any of these paid political hacks into my living rooms. Although, the liberal ones are a lot easier to stomach than their counterparts. Not because of what they say; but because of how the run their shows. Their behavior indicates they actually were once taught some manners. This is in contrast to the downright insulting, rude behavior exhibited by Hannety, ORiley, and the other right wing hacks.

Like Chris Matthews on Hard Boiled? really shows manners... give me a break. There are bomb throwers and both sides...they are preaching to their own choirs.

depittydawg
06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Like Chris Matthews on Hard Boiled? really shows manners... give me a break. There are bomb throwers and both sides...they are preaching to their own choirs.

Chris Mathews is not a liberal in any since of the word. And yes, he does throw Hardball's.

Cody Covey
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Chris Mathews is not a liberal in any since of the word. And yes, he does throw Hardball's.

wow........

road kill
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Let me guess, he is a middle of the road independent???:roll:

rk

huntinman
06-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Then why does he get shivers down his leg at the very sound of Bambi reading a telepromter?

You do know he worked for a Dem president prior to becoming a lib "journalist" don't you?

sandyg
06-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Says WHO?
She's referred to herself as "this gal" on her show.
Sorry, try again!

Yeah, and blacks refer to themselves as niggas. It doesn't make it right.

sandyg
06-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Yeah, well, America begs to differ. The liberal hosts don't have an audience (Air America is bah bye) and the conservative hosts rule the roost when it comes to listeners.

dnf777
06-04-2010, 11:13 PM

So "gal" is now the "g-word"?
Wow, did we grow THIN SKIN!

I'll pass that along next time a hear a handler tell his bitch, "atta gal"...that he really shouldn't say that bad, bad word.

LMAO

sandyg
06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
So "gal" is now the "g-word"?
Wow, did we grow THIN SKIN!

I'll pass that along next time a hear a handler tell his bitch, "atta gal"...that he really shouldn't say that bad, bad word.

LMAO

Wow, way to spin the subject. I'm not the PC lib, you are.

"road kill" pointed out that you used a non-PC word and you justified it by saying RM uses it to describe herself. I merely pointed out that just because someone uses a non-PC word to describe themselves doesn't mean you can.

You were starting to veer to the right and I wanted to make sure you got back to the left.

dnf777
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Wow, way to spin the subject. I'm not the PC lib, you are.

"road kill" pointed out that you used a non-PC word and you justified it by saying RM uses it to describe herself. I merely pointed out that just because someone uses a non-PC word to describe themselves doesn't mean you can.

You were starting to veer to the right and I wanted to make sure you got back to the left.

Go ahead and call Rachael Maddow and ask if she minds being called a "smart gal" by an independent voter.

Then go into north Philly and ask some guys on the street if they mind your word. You'll get a lesson in PC word usage.

still LMAO

Blackstone
06-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Not all blacks, especially ones with any intelligence, degrade themselves that way. I would doubt calling yourself a "gal" would rank up there with the "N" word. If you don't believe it, take DNF's suggestion about trying on the 2 audiences. I think you'll come away with a better understanding of the difference.

M&K's Retrievers
06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Yawn. And it's too friggin' hot to train.:(

dnf777
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Yawn. And it's too friggin' hot to train.:(

Yaaawwnn....I agree. This is like explaining words to my 6 year old!
On to better things...like mowing obstacles into the pasture.

sandyg
06-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Not all blacks, especially ones with any intelligence, degrade themselves that way. I would doubt calling yourself a "gal" would rank up there with the "N" word. If you don't believe it, take DNF's suggestion about trying on the 2 audiences. I think you'll come away with a better understanding of the difference.

Look, it's an analogy. I don't know why I bother with liberals. Their heads are thick as bricks. It's no wonder they have the political bent that they do. Libs have stinkin' thinkin' and there's no getting through to them.

depittydawg
06-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, well, America begs to differ. The liberal hosts don't have an audience (Air America is bah bye) and the conservative hosts rule the roost when it comes to listeners.

In the big markets where they have access to high power signals, the liberal shows have performed very well. In head to head listener surveys several of the top liberal noise makers have outperformed their conservative competition. What the liberals don't have is access. The media conglomerates (Fox etc. ) who have bought most of the airwaves in America are hard right wing oriented and their programing reflects that.

huntinman
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
In the big markets where they have access to high power signals, the liberal shows have performed very well. In head to head listener surveys several of the top liberal noise makers have outperformed their conservative competition. What the liberals don't have is access. The media conglomerates (Fox etc. ) who have bought most of the airwaves in America are hard right wing oriented and their programing reflects that.

Not even good spin...come on, if there was a market for the liberal hot air, they would still have a network. No listeners, no show...

dnf777
06-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Look, it's an analogy. I don't know why I bother with liberals. Their heads are thick as bricks. It's no wonder they have the political bent that they do. Libs have stinkin' thinkin' and there's no getting through to them.

Nice cop out. You make claims that were logically refuted, so you resort to insults. I like it! Drill baby drill!

Blackstone
06-05-2010, 11:01 PM

The point was, it wasn't a very good analogy.

It's funny that you think their heads are like bricks becuase you can't it through to them, but they can't get through to you either. What does that say about your head?

sandyg
06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
The point was, it wasn't a very good analogy.

It's funny that you think their heads are like bricks becuase you can't it through to them, but they can't get through to you either. What does that say about your head?

The only difference between "gal" not being PC and "nigga" not being PC is the degree of severity. Do you understand now? Or am I still wasting my time with you?

dnf777
06-06-2010, 11:44 AM
The only difference between "gal" not being PC and "nigga" not being PC is the degree of severity. Do you understand now? Or am I still wasting my time with you?

You're just wasting your time....period.
Getting you panties in a twist over the word "gal" is the most hyper-sensitive malarky I've heard in a long time!
Good'ay!

Blackstone
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM

I understand, but it still doesn't make it relevant. So, since we're both just wasting our time, I'll leave it at that.