M&K's Retrievers
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
OK, Guys. Have at it:

www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/obama_fails_the_test_of_office.html

What say you?

Marvin S
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
OK, Guys. Have at it:

www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/obama_fails_the_test_of_office.html (http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/06/obama_fails_the_test_of_office.html)

What say you?

the carter time in office, I remember it well, I thought that carter being an engineer could not be that stupid! But he was, & still is. Now we have the %$^#& one, think he's going to shut up after his term is up? carter's imcompetence was chronicled on the editorial pages, fortunately there is now the internet.

Does make McCain Palin look pretty good right now :).

But there are a lot of competent black people out there, they will all be compared to BHO when running for the big office :(.

huntinman
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
He may have been a little too kind to Bambi. Good article.

M&K's Retrievers
06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
competent black people ...... will all be compared to BHO when running for the big office :(.

I hope not because that's simply not the case.

Goose
06-07-2010, 07:45 PM
If Matt Simmons is correct we have an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that is much, much worse than we're being told and if we can't plug the hole it could take 9000 days (24 years) for the oil to finally bleed out. He claims the real leak is miles away from the BOP.

And we have a freaking community organizer in charge who doesn't have a clue what to do as the gulf coast dies from this thing. Better stock up gulf fish and shrimp before they all die or become inedible under the brilliant leadership of President Barack Oilbama.

Buzz
06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
If Matt Simmons is correct we have an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico that is much, much worse than we're being told and if we can't plug the hole it could take 9000 days (24 years) for the oil to finally bleed out. He claims the real leak is miles away from the BOP.

And we have a freaking community organizer in charge who doesn't have a clue what to do as the gulf coast dies from this thing. Better stock up gulf fish and shrimp before they all die or become inedible under the brilliant leadership of President Barack Oilbama.

You know what? If it is as bad as that, and we are depending on the president to solve the problem, then we have become the movie idiocracy.

Name me one president we've had in history that would know one flying F#$%# about fixing that thing.

caryalsobrook
06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Buz---can you name one president in history that would know one flying F=234 about how to deal with Hurricane Kitrina in THREE DAYS????????

Buzz
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
We aren't supposed to talk about Bush are we?;-)

At least that's what I've been told.

BonMallari
06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
why hasnt this administration used the knowledge of someone like a T.Boone Pickens or Hunt Oil and gotten their expertise on the subject...what does Sec'y Ken Salazar know about offshore oil exploration and drilling

M&K's Retrievers
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Name me one president we've had in history that would know one flying F#$%# about fixing that thing.

Hey Buzz, BHO job is not plugging the hole. His job is to clean up the mess. He should have plenty of experience cleaning up messes.

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Buz---can you name one president in history that would know one flying F=234 about how to deal with Hurricane Kitrina in THREE DAYS????????

Presidents don't need to know what to do if a hurricane strikes. What they need to know is how to hire competent people to run the agencies they are responsible for. Can you name any other president in History who put a horse trader in charge of FEMA?

M&K's Retrievers
06-08-2010, 12:32 AM
President Cheyney had a direct line to Halliburton, but since it was their cement job that appears to be part of the failure(s).......I guess that does not count

I wasn't aware that the cause of the spill was Halliburton's fault. Bruce, you must have some inside scoop.

Cody Covey
06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Presidents don't need to know what to do if a hurricane strikes. What they need to know is how to hire competent people to run the agencies they are responsible for. Can you name any other president in History who put a horse trader in charge of FEMA?

I think you are confusing FEMA incompetency with Mayors and Governors incompetency

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Hey Buzz, BHO job is not plugging the hole. His job is to clean up the mess. He should have plenty of experience cleaning up messes.

Considering what Obama walked into in January of 09, you are correct. Unlike his predecessor, who walked into a calm state of the union in 2001 and had to create a terrorist disaster, two recessions, 3 Wars, 4 market crashes, and a financial meltdown, all Obama had to do was show up for work and the table was set full of disasters for him.

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 03:57 AM
I think you are confusing FEMA incompetency with Mayors and Governors incompetency

You didn't answer the question. Did any other President trust the FEMA agency to the managerial skill of a horse trader? Republicans keep preaching that government can't do anything right. Then when they do gain power they set out to PROVE IT!

ducknwork
06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Considering what Obama walked into in January of 09, you are correct. Unlike his predecessor, who walked into a calm state of the union in 2001 and had to create a terrorist disaster, two recessions, 3 Wars, 4 market crashes, and a financial meltdown, all Obama had to do was show up for work and the table was set full of disasters for him.

SURELY you don't mean what you typed, do you?????!!:shock:

M&K's Retrievers
06-08-2010, 09:56 AM

An interesting observation. To paraphrase Henry Winkler from the movie Night Shift "We are all now dumber for having read your words".

I hear they have an opening at the Birthers Association. Maybe you should look in to it.

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 12:27 PM
An interesting observation. To paraphrase Henry Winkler from the movie Night Shift "We are all now dumber for having read your words".

I hear they have an opening at the Birthers Association. Maybe you should look in to it.

Once again, when faced with a logical train of thought that you cannot refute, you resort to an insult. But then, that is what you've been programmed to do isn't it?

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
SURELY you don't mean what you typed, do you?????!!:shock:

The word, "create" was perhaps to harsh. At leat on the terrorist disaster. Although with what is known now, the phrase, "failed to prevent" holds water.

aandw
06-08-2010, 01:09 PM

you watch way too much olberman and maddow.
obama campaigned, spent 10's of millions of dollars, and made pleas and promises to get the job. you don't work as hard as he did to get a job then gripe about it. he knew exactly what he was getting into.
BTW your post is a complete load of poop.

M&K's Retrievers
06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Once again, when faced with a logical train of thought that you cannot refute, you resort to an insult. But then, that is what you've been programmed to do isn't it?

Just stating fact and opinion.

M&K's Retrievers
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
..... a logical train of thought ....

Now that's funny!!

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 01:50 PM
you watch way too much olberman and maddow.
obama campaigned, spent 10's of millions of dollars, and made pleas and promises to get the job. you don't work as hard as he did to get a job then gripe about it. he knew exactly what he was getting into.
BTW your post is a complete load of poop.

Never seen Maddow, olberman or any of the other political hacks on the squawk box. I did watch Hard Ball for a while several years ago, but got tired of the uselessness of watching other people yell at each other on TV. Don't even have cable. I get my information from a variety of sources, some mainstream, some off stream, some from right here believe it or not.
My conclusions are my own. And frankly, over time, I'm probably about 90% accurate. I accessed GWB as a bumbling uninformed man of questionable competence during the 1st debate with Al Gore. I assessed Obama as a great orator lacking in practical experience and way to concerned with compromise during the campaign. The results of the Obama administration, while frustrating to one who wanted real change are quite in line with what he said he'd do. And while they haven't led to the immediate success we all dreamed for, they certainly are not disastrous as were the policies of his predecessor.

aandw
06-08-2010, 02:09 PM
the financial meltdown policies were started before bush took office. the wars were majority supported when they first started. maybe not by you but by more people than not. bush may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but it amazes me to hear obama, biden, and pelosi mispeak, stutter, and just say stupid stuff and still be consider some type of intellect.
i will most of the time disagree with obama policies, but i could at least respect the guy if he would step up to the plate and take a swing. his watching and waiting, you libs like to call it patience, i call hesitance because he is afraid to make a stand. good leaders lead and adapt to the situations as they come. doing nothing isn't an option for the POTUS

M&K's Retrievers
06-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Never seen Maddow, olberman or any of the other political hacks on the squawk box. I did watch Hard Ball for a while several years ago, but got tired of the uselessness of watching other people yell at each other on TV. Don't even have cable. I get my information from a variety of sources, some mainstream, some off stream, some from right here believe it or not.
My conclusions are my own. And frankly, over time, I'm probably about 90% accurate. I accessed GWB as a bumbling uninformed man of questionable competence during the 1st debate with Al Gore. I assessed Obama as a great orator lacking in practical experience and way to concerned with compromise during the campaign. The results of the Obama administration, while frustrating to one who wanted real change are quite in line with what he said he'd do. And while they haven't led to the immediate success we all dreamed for, they certainly are not disastrous as were the policies of his predecessor.

That splains it, Lucy. Might I be so bold as to suggest that you invest in a satellite dish? Just a thought...

dnf777
06-08-2010, 02:13 PM

ANYONE knows that after total infrastructure devastation like Katrina, POTABLE WATER must be on the way yesterday! Tents, MREs, water buffalos and bottles. Simple concept. We had bottled water to Indonesia within 6 hours of the Tsunamis, so you can't convince me we just didn't know?? Hell, I think Bush I and Clinton were in Indonesia quicker than we got potable water to NOLA! Katrina was a colossal failure of FEMA and the federal gov't to provide assistance in a disater.

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
That splains it, Lucy. Might I be so bold as to suggest that you invest in a satellite dish? Just a thought...

Are you suggesting that the nonsense that comes over the airwaves is enlightening to you? Or that it has any relevance to truth? Yep, that does splain a lot. But then, I already suspected as much.
It's entertainment my friend. Nothing more. If you're taking it for anything more than a laugh, you getting buffaloed. BTW, I have a dish. I quit using it years ago because it was distracting me, and more importantly my kids, from doing the things that are actually meaningful in life. You want information, invest 15 minutes of your day and watch the first segment of The News Hour on PBS.
And if you really want to know whats going on in the world, and why, just read my posts...

You'll be better informed than if you spent 6 hours hooked up to the cable. :D

mjh345
06-08-2010, 02:32 PM

WOW!!
This may explain the "logic and deep thought" so evident in many of your posts

ducknwork
06-08-2010, 02:32 PM
The word, "create" was perhaps to harsh. At leat on the terrorist disaster. Although with what is known now, the phrase, "failed to prevent" holds water.

You are correct. Clinton did fail to prevent 9/11.

Roger Perry
06-08-2010, 02:48 PM

Clinton was not President Sept 11, 2001. Bush spent the month of August 2001 on vacation, was told there might be an attack and did nothing about it.

ducknwork
06-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Clinton was not President Sept 11, 2001. Bush spent the month of August 2001 on vacation, was told there might be an attack and did nothing about it.

And what did Clinton do when he had Bin Laden within his 'grasp'?

Mmmm hmmm. That's what I thought.

Roger Perry
06-08-2010, 03:25 PM
And what did Clinton do when he had Bin Laden within his 'grasp'?

Mmmm hmmm. That's what I thought.

Why did bush let bin laden get away when we had him surrounded in tora bora, afghanistan?

i guess he was to obssessed with sadams oil.

HMMMMMMMMMM That's what I thought

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 03:26 PM

So did Reagan. How far back you want to go?

aandw
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM

what would you suggest he should have done?

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
what would you suggest he should have done?

It would have been nice if he would have read the memos on his desk. Maybe picked up the phone and brought in all the principals who were frantically trying to get his attention. Would it have changed anything? Who knows? But so far, Bush's watch gets the honor of hosting the most significant attack on US continental soil since the War of 1812. (excluding the civil war of course)

aandw
06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
what was bush told? if they were "frantically" trying to get his attention, wouldn't there be more than a memo? according to roger he was told "there might be an attack". what was he told?
you didn't answer the question.

Roger Perry
06-08-2010, 03:54 PM
what was bush told? if they were "frantically" trying to get his attention, wouldn't there be more than a memo? according to roger he was told "there might be an attack". what was he told?
you didn't answer the question.

Here ya go -------

September 3, 2003
"CBS reporter David Martin revealed that weeks before the attacks, the CIA had warned Bush personally of Osama Bin Laden�s intent to use hijacked planes as missiles. That followed the damaging exposure by The Associated Press�s John Solomon of a pre-9/11 FBI memo from an officer in Phoenix warning of suspicious Middle Eastern men training at flight schools�a warning that went unheeded."

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/615/who_knew/

Buzz
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Here ya go -------

September 3, 2003
"CBS reporter David Martin revealed that weeks before the attacks, the CIA had warned Bush personally of Osama Bin Laden�s intent to use hijacked planes as missiles. That followed the damaging exposure by The Associated Press�s John Solomon of a pre-9/11 FBI memo from an officer in Phoenix warning of suspicious Middle Eastern men training at flight schools�a warning that went unheeded."

Roger, thanks for the link, but I'm afraid that it's a complete waste of time to post it here. These are the folks that stuck with Bush when his approval was in the 20s. 90% of the posters here come from that 20 something percent.

aandw
06-08-2010, 04:28 PM
CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin says the warning was in a document called the President's Daily Brief, which is considered to be the single most important document that the U.S. intelligence community turns out. The document did not, however, mention the possibility of planes being flown into buildings.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/16/attack/main509294.shtml
is this the same statement just a different view?

Henry V
06-08-2010, 05:23 PM
CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin says the warning was in a document called the President's Daily Brief, which is considered to be the single most important document that the U.S. intelligence community turns out. The document did not, however, mention the possibility of planes being flown into buildings.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/16/attack/main509294.shtml
is this the same statement just a different view?
Right, the document was only titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" and only included text like:

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.
Too bad there was not a recent PDB saying "deepwater drilling is bound to fail and no one is prepared to deal with it". It would have been good to see those on the right defend the PDB as a historical document and see no connection with the government's response.

aandw
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
by your analysis it would have been a memo that said "we might have a oil leak". i don't argue that there were warning signs, but with the info i have heard, what would you have done? shut down oil wells? would this have prevented the leak or just put it off from happening?
the article i read pointed more to the cia and fbi inability to work together than to the white house. if bush knew and didn't prevent it, hang him high. other than shutting down air traffic on the memo "there might be an attack" i don't see what he could have done?

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
by your analysis it would have been a memo that said "we might have a oil leak". i don't argue that there were warning signs, but with the info i have heard, what would you have done? shut down oil wells? would this have prevented the leak or just put it off from happening?
the article i read pointed more to the cia and fbi inability to work together than to the white house. if bush knew and didn't prevent it, hang him high. other than shutting down air traffic on the memo "there might be an attack" i don't see what he could have done?

Those documents were likely all over BP internet and email communications. No doubt they've purged them. Thank's Obama, for not having the FBI seize the evidence before the criminals had a chance to destroy it... Guess BP ended up getting a good ROI on their campaign contribution dollar.

Cody Covey
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
doesn't take much to recover "deleted" items from a computer and especially not emails.

depittydawg
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
doesn't take much to recover "deleted" items from a computer and especially not emails.

And the ball still isn't rolling...

Franco
06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Interesting little story on Obama's gofer Rahm Emanuel and BP.;-)
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/06/rahm-emanuel-bp-gul-oil-spill.html

How is this for Change ?

Buzz
06-08-2010, 09:54 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/06/rahm-emanuel-bp-gul-oil-spill.html

How is this for Change ?

I saw on the news last night that Obama received more money from big oil in the 2008 election than every other candidate except for one. His opponent, John McCain.

Franco
06-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I saw on the news last night that Obama received more money from big oil in the 2008 election than every other candidate except for one. His opponent, John McCain.

What does that have to do with Emanuel getting a free apartment in DC from BP?

huntinman
06-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Yes but bambi got more from BP than anyone including McCain...tell the whole story.

M&K's Retrievers
06-09-2010, 12:10 AM
And if you really want to know whats going on in the world, and why, just read my posts...

:D

I think I would rather watch paint dry, or ice melt or Bora get a haircut.

depittydawg
06-09-2010, 03:14 AM

How is this for Change ?

Now that pisses me off!!!!

depittydawg
06-09-2010, 03:15 AM
I think I would rather watch paint dry, or ice melt or Bora get a haircut.

You cut me deep on that one... :(

YardleyLabs
06-09-2010, 06:49 AM

How is this for Change ?
That's not even a dripping squirt gun. We have one junior congressman living in the apartment of another. That is actually pretty common in a town where members of congress all face the problem of having to maintain two residences: one in their district and one in DC. Apartment sharing and apartment lending are an important way to save money for those who have not yet given up the pretense of remaining connected to their constituents.

The husband of the member of congress owning the apartment that Rahm uses, is a principal in a Democratic media consulting group, with long standing, deep ties to other Democratic organizations including the DSCC. There's another big surprise. Wow, I'm stunned.

However, lo and behold, the consulting company actually has commercial clients, not just political ones. Not just that, but one of those clients was BP, which turned to this group when it was trying to rebrand itself as a "green" company.

Now I understand......BP bought Rahm Emmanuel by giving a contract to a consulting firm where the husband of a member of congress worked so that the member of congress would lend her apartment to Rahm. What brilliant foresight! The reporter for this story is desperately in need of an editor who reads his material, looks up, and says "So what?"