PDA

View Full Version : Palin Accuses Obama Of Pussyfooting Around/BP

Franco
06-08-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/palin_to_obama_on_oil_companie.html

She finally said something I can agree with!

depittydawg
06-09-2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/palin_to_obama_on_oil_companie.html

She finally said something I can agree with!

There's a first time for everything. It's time for Obama to get some advice from somebody who knows what the hell to do. What he should be doing is talking to Exxon Mobil and Chevron and offering them the spoils of a gutted BP for their assistance. Isn't that was Hank Paulsen did when the Financial Crisis dropped in his lap? The only way to deal with sharks, is to get them to eat each other.

menmon
06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
She is one to talk...Exxon was let off the hook easy. Had they followed through with what they were suppose to have done. Those people she mentions that are stilling feeling the effects might have a different story.

Oh I'm sure if she was running things that see would ride into town on a horse, rare up, wink and shoot her gun.

BonMallari
06-09-2010, 11:12 AM
She is one to talk...Exxon was let off the hook easy. Had they followed through with what they were suppose to have done. Those people she mentions that are stilling feeling the effects might have a different story.

Oh I'm sure if she was running things that see would ride into town on a horse, rare up, wink and shoot her gun.

Exxon Valdez was in '89...pretty sure she wasnt the governor back then

huntinman
06-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Been wondering where you have been. All it took was a Palin reference to reel you in! I think you have a crush on her, maybe you could move in with that pervert reporter next door to her...

menmon
06-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Been wondering where you have been. All it took was a Palin reference to reel you in! I think you have a crush on her, maybe you could move in with that pervert reporter next door to her...

I've actually had to do a little work lately. You are right I try not to miss an opportunity to put the Eskimo Bimbo in her place!

dnf777
06-09-2010, 01:49 PM
What "executive experience" does she have for when the going gets tough?

Let's see, what did she do when faced with the rigors of governorship?

Somebody remind me.....??

duckheads
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
what "executive experience" does your boy have? what kind of leadership does he have? oh yea that's right he and his boy holder are down there with a team of lawyers to see how fast they can file a law suit. seems they would focus on "plugging the hole daddy" they can do a beer summit but can't bring together as many engineers, oil people, experts, etc. to try and help figure out a way to stop the oil.

instead to contacting the lawyers they could bring experts together and figure out how to deal with they oil that is out already. it called leadership. and don't give me the now you want the government crap. this is a national disaster and this is where the federal government is needed. it is not needed to control our every day lives and take half our life savings when we die.

and don't give me the "he's not my boy" crap either. you and buzz and the other "independants" on here are only fooling yourselves and no one else when you claim he is not your boy.

this guy and his administration are so far in over theirs heads is is not even funny!

you blame the Katrina response on bush when the dumb arse mayor and governor sat on their thumbs. the feds can't respond until the governor seeks help. what the feds should jump in right away when bush was pres but you are giving your boy a pass as the feds sits on their collective arses while the oil continues. where are all of the protesting environmentalists now? what a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

dnf777
06-09-2010, 02:43 PM
what "executive experience" does your boy have? what kind of leadership does he have? oh yea that's right he and his boy holder are down there with a team of lawyers to see how fast they can file a law suit. seems they would focus on "plugging the hole daddy" they can do a beer summit but can't bring together as many engineers, oil people, experts, etc. to try and help figure out a way to stop the oil.

instead to contacting the lawyers they could bring experts together and figure out how to deal with they oil that is out already. it called leadership. and don't give me the now you want the government crap. this is a national disaster and this is where the federal government is needed. it is not needed to control our every day lives and take half our life savings when we die.

and don't give me the "he's not my boy" crap either. you and buzz and the other "independants" on here are only fooling yourselves and no one else when you claim he is not your boy.

this guy and his administration are so far in over theirs heads is is not even funny!

you blame the Katrina response on bush when the dumb arse mayor and governor sat on their thumbs. the feds can't respond until the governor seeks help. what the feds should jump in right away when bush was pres but you are giving your boy a pass as the feds sits on their collective arses while the oil continues. where are all of the protesting environmentalists now? what a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

1) He's not my boy.
2) There is a team of industry experts, engineers, and environmentalists assembled in Houston working every day and night on this problem.
3) The lawyers were sent to ensure that BP justly compensates the victims of this spill. Had he not done that, YOU would probably be yelling the loudest that he is negligent in his duty as chief executive in seeing that people's jobs and livelihoods are protected. THAT is something he CAN do something about, and is doing so.
4) He's not my boy. But I'd rather see him and the people working to stop this rig succeed, than see them fail.
5) this has very little to do with Katrina. That was a colossal failure of gov't at all levels, and people died because of the lack of action.
6) Did I mention, he's not my boy.

menmon
06-09-2010, 02:45 PM

I think you are right....lets have the fed commit about $100 Billion dollars to protecting our shoreline and let BP off the hook. Me personally wish they would do what is necessary to keep this oil from ruining my marshes and bays, but you would bitch if they did and raised your taxes to pay for it.

I don't like the position he has taken on this...I don't like hearing words like cost effectinve, but I know most of this forum likes hearing that because it is not in their backyard and all they see is the cost and more debt.

depittydawg
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM

A lot of the environmentalists are cleaning off birds and scooping up oil on the Gulf beaches. And for christs sake, quit hiding behind that stupid argument that the Fed's can't act until the governor asks them. What a crock of crap... :-x

Franco
06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Here is a great example of foot dragging by the administration.

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/presidential_commission_on_bps.html#incart_rh

huntinman
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I've actually had to do a little work lately. You are right I try not to miss an opportunity to put the Eskimo Bimbo in her place!

I see you are still practicing your masonic beliefs of care and kindness to all. You might want to put her in her place, but that is not happening. Although she might hire you to help her carry her money to the bank. Then she will have created one more job than bambi has.

YardleyLabs
06-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Here is a great example of foot dragging by the administration.

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/presidential_commission_on_bps.html#incart_rh
I would hope the commission stays out of the way until efforts to contain the leak are under control. All anyone needs at this point is another group of people asking questions not related to solving the immediate problem. Having been involved in crisis management a few times in my career, I will agree that effective public communication is vital. However, it is equally vital that the people needed to formulate an effective response not be interrupted from their efforts. A full assessment of what went wrong and who is at fault can wait.

menmon
06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I see you are still practicing your masonic beliefs of care and kindness to all. You might want to put her in her place, but that is not happening. Although she might hire you to help her carry her money to the bank. Then she will have created one more job than bambi has.

Hit a nerve. She doesn't have any money, she spends it at the malls, but that makes jobs

road kill
06-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Exxon Valdez was in '89...pretty sure she wasnt the governor back then

Bon, can't let the FACTS get in the way of a personal insult!!!:D

rk

road kill
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Classy!!!!;-)

rk

Franco
06-10-2010, 11:57 AM
A lot of the environmentalists are cleaning off birds and scooping up oil on the Gulf beaches. And for christs sake, quit hiding behind that stupid argument that the Fed's can't act until the governor asks them. What a crock of crap... :-x

Federal law specifically provides that the Governor of Louisiana is in charge. The Federal role is to "support…state and local assistance efforts" with the necessary, primarily financial resources.

Just as in the days after Katrina, President Bush's federal government was the only functioning authority, as the Coast Guard rescued 30,000 people off of rooftops. Hundreds of school buses that could have been used to whisk those people out of harm's way were left ruined under water due to Mayor Nagin's inaction in response to federal hurricane warnings. The partisan Governor acted only to deny and delay President Bush's control over the state's national guard and FEMA responce for political reasons.

With that said, I think Gov. Jindal has done an outstanding job with the current situation. Obama should pay attention as to how Jindal has performed in this crisis.

dnf777
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
With that said, I think Gov. Jindal has done an outstanding job with the current situation. Obama should pay attention as to how Jindal has performed in this crisis.

I heard he's sitting on $38 million after spending only $2million of a 40mil grant from BP to protect the coast??

Franco
06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I heard he's sitting on $38 million after spending only $2million of a 40mil grant from BP to protect the coast??

Here is some great news, the most productive fishing grounds east of the river, closest to the leak have reopened!
http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/state_reopens_some_fishing_gro.html

I don't know how much the state has spent or how much they have already paid out. All I know is that he is living down there and is hands on. He told a BP official yesterday that they need to get off their butts and get more containment and clean up vessels into the area. Jindal is the reason we now have adequate booms and is involved with every company hired to work the situation. He has Adm. Thad Allen following him around like a lost schoolboy.

huntinman
06-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Here is some great news, the most productive fishing grounds east of the river, closest to the leak have reopened!
http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/state_reopens_some_fishing_gro.html

I don't know how much the state has spent or how much they have already paid out. All I know is that he is living down there and is hands on. He told a BP official yesterday that they need to get off their butts and get more containment and clean up vessels into the area. Jindal is the reason we now have adequate booms and is involved with every company hired to work the situation. He has Adm. Thad Allen following him around like a lost schoolboy.

Jindal is not your average politician...he actually does something. We could use someone like him in the WH.

ducknwork
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Jindal is not your average politician...he actually does something. We could use someone like him in the WH.

There was talk of him running a while back. Maybe this is his chance to perform on the national stage so everyone can get a taste of what he would bring? He'll definitely get more exposure from this.

depittydawg
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM

I know little about the guy. At this point though, I would look at him, or anyone else as opposed to the current Potus, whom I consider to be either completely incompetent or simply another liar. Keep in mind if he is mainstream Republican, by that I mean anti gvoernment, anti regulation, anti small business and anti working class, he doesn't stand a chance for my support.

Franco
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Gov. Jindal lacks the on-camera charisma needed to get elected. We first noticed him when former Gov Foster put him in charge of the state's health system right out of college. He reformed the system to the point where it is one of the top 3 state health systems in the coutry and believe me, it was an absolute mess when he took the project of reform over.

Jindal is a nerd of sorts with no sense of humor. His IQ is in the genius range and he has taught all his kids advanced Calculus by age 8! He is in his mid30's and probably won't be considered any high then VP material. He refuses to play politics either for personal or party gain.

Oh, and he won't wear expensive cloths and will only wear depatment store suits.

mjh345
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Gov. Jindal lacks the on-camera charisma needed to get elected. We first noticed him when former Gov Foster put him in charge of the state's health system right out of college. He reformed the system to the point where it is one of the top 3 state health systems in the coutry and believe me, it was an absolute mess when he took the project of reform over.

Jindal is a nerd of sorts with no sense of humor. His IQ is in the genius range and he has taught all his kids advanced Calculus by age 8! He is in his mid30's and probably won't be considered any high then VP material. He refuses to play politics either for personal or party gain.

Oh, and he won't wear expensive cloths and will only wear depatment store suits.

Sadly Franco you are probably correct.
Hopefully the electorate will wise up and elect based on qualifications rather than image.
I don't know much about Jindal, but a genius who can turn around a messed up health system, and wont play politics who is honest and hardworking and hands on sounds pretty good to me even if he is a nerd wearing off the rack suits.

Beats the hell out of the blow dried Madison Avenue created morons we've been stuck with for the past decade. They both kind of strike me as rather nerdy in a decidedly non-genius manner anyway.

Given the chance I would have voted for the nerdy Ron Paul over either candidate we were stuck with last time

Franco
06-10-2010, 08:40 PM
The woman running for Gov in S Carolina is cut from the same cloth. Children of Hindu immigrents, both converted of Methodist.

I'm impressed with his work ethic. On Super Bowl Sunday when the rest of the state was looking forward to watching the game, Jindal was trying to redo the state's buget. He didn't understand why he couldn't get key legislatures to attend a meeting that afternoon at the gov's mansion.

You are more likely to see Mrs Jindal wearing a $5. pair of "on sale" sneakers than $500 designer sneakers.

BonMallari
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Sadly Franco you are probably correct.
Hopefully the electorate will wise up and elect based on qualifications rather than image.
I don't know much about Jindal, but a genius who can turn around a messed up health system, and wont play politics who is honest and hardworking and hands on sounds pretty good to me even if he is a nerd wearing off the rack suits.

Beats the hell out of the blow dried Madison Avenue created morons we've been stuck with for the past decade. They both kind of strike me as rather nerdy in a decidedly non-genius manner anyway.

Given the chance I would have voted for the nerdy Ron Paul over either candidate we were stuck with last time

you mean the mousy horse faced Former First Lady from Arkansas that used her producer Hollywood friends from Designing Women to do a major makeover and put her on the cover of every womens magazine for 8+ yrs..the Clinton administration invented and used Madison Ave hype to an art form....

Until a no experienced Jr Senator from Chicago used their playbook and beat them over the head with it :p:p