PDA

View Full Version : you decide

david gibson
06-09-2010, 11:58 AM
this email found me, so i snopesed it to see what there was:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/pressconference.asp

and snopes may be right, saying no flags in "visible" range. they have a point.

but look at the pics they post to try to refute it. for clinton and reagan is is clear they are not showing the whole scene, a flag could easily be placed in its proper position and be cropped out - however there is a lot more of the east room of the white house and one would expect a flag in visible range. the other photos are certainly impromptu and unusual locations, understandable there is no flag there. but a scheduled press conference in the east room of the white houses should have a flag.

snopes may or may not be biased, but whether they are or not it is clear to me here that they did not do a very good job researching this, so at best they should have deemed it "undetermined"

Blackstone
06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I've decided it's really not that important to me it there was a flag there or not.

subroc
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I've decided it's really not that important to me it there was a flag there or not.

I agree. I am not that interested in the whole flag and nationalism thing as it relates to him. He has already proven he is uninterested in shows of nationalism and that lack of interest could be based on any number of things. I expect it is that most on the left are world government types and this is how he views himself, as a citizen of the world. Either way, I don't really care, it is what it is.

That said, I am far more concerned with how thin skinned, and inept he is at every turn.

Blackstone
06-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I agree. I am not that interested in the whole flag and nationalism thing as it relates to him. He has already proven he is uninterested in shows of nationalism and that lack of interest could be based on any number of things. I expect it is that most on the left are world government types and this is how he views himself, as a citizen of the world. Either way, I don't really care, it is what it is.

That said, I am far more concerned with how thin skinned, and inept he is at every turn.

I don't think he's shown a lack of nationalism. However, I am far more concerned with the results of his efforts than whether or not he has flags flying behind him during a speach or photo op.

road kill
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Frankly, I don't think the flag of the United States of America means to him what it does to me.
In fact, I am certain it does not.

Therefore, to me, it's just as well he does not stand before it.
But I have a suspicion he will find out soon enough about what that flag stands for and what it means to most of us LEGALS!!!:D

rk

mjh345
06-09-2010, 04:19 PM
this email found me, so i snopesed it to see what there was:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/pressconference.asp

and snopes may be right, saying no flags in "visible" range. they have a point.

but look at the pics they post to try to refute it. for clinton and reagan is is clear they are not showing the whole scene, a flag could easily be placed in its proper position and be cropped out - however there is a lot more of the east room of the white house and one would expect a flag in visible range. the other photos are certainly impromptu and unusual locations, understandable there is no flag there. but a scheduled press conference in the east room of the white houses should have a flag.

snopes may or may not be biased, but whether they are or not it is clear to me here that they did not do a very good job researching this, so at best they should have deemed it "undetermined"

David, why should we decide, when we're not worthy?
Almost daily on here you give reason for why we should all defer our opinions to yours
Just yesterday for example you had a post in which you stated that you hated all liberals; and another post wherein you stated that you couldn't wait for the year 2010 to get here.

With your posts exhibiting such objectivity, compassion and rational wisdom we really don't need snopes or free thought on any of our parts.

One thing that has become clear to me is that any opinion expressed on POTUS or elsewhere that disagrees with you is without question WRONG!!

By the way Brady is without doubt the greatest and best looking dog EVER

Buzz
06-09-2010, 04:30 PM
s with you is without question WRONG!!

Except for my Ace and Mick. Raven, not so much in the looks department, but she is working hard at becoming a great one.

david gibson
06-09-2010, 04:41 PM
David, why should we decide, when we're not worthy?
Almost daily on here you give reason for why we should all defer our opinions to yours
Just yesterday for example you had a post in which you stated that you hated all liberals; and another post wherein you stated that you couldn't wait for the year 2010 to get here.

With your posts exhibiting such objectivity, compassion and rational wisdom we really don't need snopes or free thought on any of our parts.

One thing that has become clear to me is that any opinion expressed on POTUS or elsewhere that disagrees with you is without question WRONG!!

i wondered where you have been! you haven't stalked me in several weeks, what gives?? i guess i'll have to try and piss you off more.

dont you know when you stalk people like you do me it shows you have some kind of man crush? you really do creep me out how you follow me around, and you always have to mention my dog. jealousy and envy are not good healthy traits my friend, you should get some help with that.

charly_t
06-09-2010, 04:50 PM
As I have aged (and aged and aged) it has became clear to me that the young need to be taught what to respect very early in life. To me as an
American (a citizen of the USA) this is important. It should be important to every citizen in the USA to have love of country. Trust me........that Flag
of our country being displayed is important.

Koolaid
06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
My main source of aged wisdom hehe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktlfjFb3j0

ducknwork
06-10-2010, 06:23 AM
This whole thread = *yawn*

It seems that every thread I read is a repeat of the last and a preview of the next.:rolleyes:

david gibson
06-10-2010, 08:43 AM
i think you miss the point. snopes is widely used - the most used- source for authenticity for internet chatter. i use it all the time. in most cases it it pretty clear cut with research that bunks or debunks the email/story whatever.

but this one is not so well done. i dont care about the debate of whether the obama is eschewing the flag or not, its the snopes method on the story. can we believe them? it appears to me that some of the "evidence" they provide is not very substantial.

this post was not to start a debate over obamas patriotism, it was to question what many - myself included - use as a basis for internet validity.

dnf777
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Its real simple: When the site agrees with you position, you endorse and defend it. When it disagrees or merely fails to support you, you attack it.

Udder'nat, I agree with Duck.....Yaaaaaawwwwnnn

david gibson
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Its real simple: When the site agrees with you position, you endorse and defend it. When it disagrees or merely fails to support you, you attack it.

Udder'nat, I agree with Duck.....Yaaaaaawwwwnnn

that is a total lie and you know it. find all these instances where i have defended snopes and back that statement up.

i snopes most everything i get. my favorite fishing guide in alaska sends me so much stuff its not funny, all anti-obama, and 90% doesnt check out and i dont send it on. most recent was the supposed nude pics of obamas mom, as well as the pic hew posted. snopes it and you see that the image was taken as they played hail to the chief, he had no reason or obligation to have his hand on his heart. i passed on it too. i have depended on the site 99 to 1. so the one time i have an issue with the way they present their evidence i am accused of attacking them. you are so wrong its not funny.

so with you it is just like with the potus. to question him is to attack him. to question him is racist. we must all be lockstep with what you think is right.

in other words, you got nothin. this is your typical response. as well as you generally express your opinion and defend your side, its posts like this that show your voids. all you do is turn around and throw the same fistful of rocks.

dnf777
06-10-2010, 10:20 AM
most recent was the supposed nude pics of obamas mom, as well as the pic hew posted.

all you do is turn around and throw the same fistful of rocks.

Maybe so, but at least I don't have to look at pictures of elderly ladies. I hope you didn't shoot them!!

ducknwork
06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
i think you miss the point. snopes is widely used - the most used- source for authenticity for internet chatter. i use it all the time. in most cases it it pretty clear cut with research that bunks or debunks the email/story whatever.

but this one is not so well done. i dont care about the debate of whether the obama is eschewing the flag or not, its the snopes method on the story. can we believe them? it appears to me that some of the "evidence" they provide is not very substantial.

this post was not to start a debate over obamas patriotism, it was to question what many - myself included - use as a basis for internet validity.

Now if you are trying to say that snopes is being censored by the feds to avoid showing Obama in a bad light, then that would be slightly more interesting. But if there were an urban legend or rumor going around about that, where would we be able to confirm it? Not snopes!;)

david gibson
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Now if you are trying to say that snopes is being censored by the feds to avoid showing Obama in a bad light, then that would be slightly more interesting. But if there were an urban legend or rumor going around about that, where would we be able to confirm it? Not snopes!;)

not that either. the mikillsons have long been suspected of slanting things in obamas favor, much like the MSM. tons of info if you google it. i have remained neutral so far because i havent seen any blatant slant until this subject got my attention.

to the admin's credit, i just saw the subject in a brief press conference with a flag right where it should be, and on fox news no less. apparently someone on his staff reads rtf and tipped him off. ;-)

and to snopes credit, they give this "undetermined". i cant argue since there is no irrefutable proof. if i was so hell-bent as i am accused of being i would be calling BS and sending this all over, but i havent. so you dont quite know me as well as you think dnf......

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/dunham.asp

and on that note, what about the "whoomp there it is" video? even if its him, who cares? i dont see that as detrimental, just a curiousity maybe....