PDA

View Full Version : Unknown South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee faces felony charge

Roger Perry
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
How did a 32-year-old unemployed vet who lives with his parents and who faces a felony charge end up the Democratic nominee for Senate in South Carolina?

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/27305

Hell, elect him, he would fit right in with the other crooks.:grab:

subroc
06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Roger

I expect if you had an opportunity to vote for him given a choice between him and any "R" you would pull the handle or check the box happily.

dixidawg
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=56259 (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56259)

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56304

dnf777
06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Roger

I expect if you had an opportunity to vote for him given a choice between him and any "R" you would pull the handle or check the box happily.

This guy hasn't hurt anybody nearly as bad as the "R"s have yet. :D

Something very fishy is going on with this guy, and I suspect it wasn't his idea! I doubt this guy is capable of forming complete ideas, from the way he sounds on tv.

subroc
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Dave

It appears you would as well.

road kill
06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
This guy hasn't hurt anybody nearly as bad as the "R"s have yet. :D

Something very fishy is going on with this guy, and I suspect it wasn't his idea! I doubt this guy is capable of forming complete ideas, from the way he sounds on tv.
You talking about Obama????

rk

dnf777
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok, I've taken some rib shots on this, but I'm tellin' ya, this will be interesting to see it unfold. A guy who did NOTHING, wins 44 out of 46 counties??? Doesn't anyone else smell a rat, here?

Terri
06-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the people of South Carolina decided that the Washington crowd who are supposedly well educated make very stupid decisions on behave of this nation. Instead of trying again for a educated senator they went with some one that fits the label- dumb @##. Who knows he might even do the job for less money, I hear he hardy spent any money to get the democratic spot. He sounds like a real conservative. I think his conservative style is what has the democratic party big wigs upset. We all know that criminal ways have never bothered the party when it comes to politics.

Terri

Matt McKenzie
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok, I've taken some rib shots on this, but I'm tellin' ya, this will be interesting to see it unfold. A guy who did NOTHING, wins 44 out of 46 counties??? Doesn't anyone else smell a rat, here?

I agree that something doesn't smell right, but as far as I can see, the voters selected him as thier candidate. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. If it turns out that he was selected fair and square and simply based on his skin tone (he didn't campaign, so I'm not sure what else it could be), it will be quite amusing.

dnf777
06-13-2010, 07:13 AM
I agree that something doesn't smell right, but as far as I can see, the voters selected him as thier candidate. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. If it turns out that he was selected fair and square and simply based on his skin tone (he didn't campaign, so I'm not sure what else it could be), it will be quite amusing.

Matt, I agree. But even at that, how did anyone know WHAT HIS SKIN COLOR WAS? He never appeared in public, ran NO ads, ran NO commercials, had NO website???

If this is legit, it is the greatest grassroots campaign ever in history of the US, and I doubt that. Last I heard, he had more votes than registered voters, but then the story fell off the radar. Who knows?

subroc
06-13-2010, 07:27 AM
It must be plot by the "R"s. I expect former President George W. Bush had a hand in it.

cotts135
06-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Roger

This could easily applied to uniformed Republicans as well. What I think is wrong with this statement is that I suspect anyone posting on this board has some kind of interest in politics and would look deeper into a candidates qualifications than to just blindly pull a lever based solely on an R or a D.

paul young
06-14-2010, 09:06 AM
you're really on a roll, aren't you, Joe?

cheap shots from the cheap seats regards....-Paul

Roger Perry
06-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Roger

Actually I actually check out who I vote for and who I do not vote for. I did not vote for Bush 43 and thought McCain and Palin would keep doing the things the way Bush 43 was running the country and did not vote for either of them either. That left little choice who to vote for.

ducknwork
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Actually I actually check out who I vote for and who I do not vote for. I did not vote for Bush 43 and thought McCain and Palin would keep doing the things the way Bush 43 was running the country and did not vote for either of them either. That left little choice who to vote for.

By electing Obama, exactly what changed? Not much. I guess you should have just voted Maverick/Hottie 08.

Cody Covey
06-14-2010, 03:24 PM
aren't you happy with your choice?

subroc
06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
you're really on a roll, aren't you, Joe?

cheap shots from the cheap seats regards....-Paul

Nothing cheap about the seats Paul.

It would be naive to think or believe that some don’t pull the handle or check the box based solely on the “D” or the “R.” To take it even further there are many one issue voters that vote based solely on the position a politician states he will take on their pet issues, or organizations. I expect issues such as pro-choice, pro-life, gun (NRA), gun control, or union membership directs their membership on who to vote for.

From their writing and positions, both Dave and Roger appear to be those that would vote for a criminal “D” before they would ever vote for an “R”

And “Ds” have voted convicted criminal “Ds” into office before as evidenced by the election of Marion Barry.

road kill
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I honestly do not get you lefty's issue with this guy.
You know more about him than the guy you elected President!
And he has every bit as much experience!!

Actually more, he is a veteran so he knows something about the military!!

rk

dnf777
06-15-2010, 07:46 AM

rk

You may be right...but with two notable distinctions:
He's not Harvard material, and
He probably would have a kegger at the rose garden, not just a bottle!

Hmmmm....on second thought.......

ducknwork
06-15-2010, 08:57 AM

rk

All VERY good points...:D

Roger Perry
06-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Not happy, no but I believe we would as a country, be worse off if McCain/Palin would have won the election. It was a choice of voting for the lesser evil.

Roger Perry
06-15-2010, 10:23 AM

rk

Why is it that if you are not far right you are a lefty?

Cody Covey
06-15-2010, 10:35 AM
You may be right...but with two notable distinctions:
He's not Harvard material, and
He probably would have a kegger at the rose garden, not just a bottle!

Hmmmm....on second thought.......better a kegger than an 8 ball if you are wanting to go that route?

ducknwork
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Not happy, no but I believe we would as a country, be worse off if McCain/Palin would have won the election. It was a choice of voting for the lesser evil.

What has O done that you think M/P would have done differently? After all, he has continued Bush's policies for the most part.

Roger Perry
06-15-2010, 11:13 AM
What has O done that you think M/P would have done differently? After all, he has continued Bush's policies for the most part.

US conservative darling Sarah Palin says she thinks President Barack Obama should declare war on Iran.

The one-time Republican vice presidential candidate said in an interview with Fox News that Obama should play the war card if he wants to get re-elected in 2012.

"Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decided really to come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do," she said on Sunday.

Her views on a war with Iran for one.
How about McCains lack of understanding the economy for another.
The New York Times’ Paul Krugman noted recently that, in a moment of candor, John McCain admitted economics isn’t his thing. “The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/opinion/14krugman.html) as well as I should,” he said. But, “I’ve got Greenspan’s book,” he assured the audience.
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/18/mccain-economy/

ducknwork
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
US conservative darling Sarah Palin says she thinks President Barack Obama should declare war on Iran.

The one-time Republican vice presidential candidate said in an interview with Fox News that Obama should play the war card if he wants to get re-elected in 2012.

"Say he decided to declare war on Iran or decided really to come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do," she said on Sunday.

Her views on a war with Iran for one.
How about McCains lack of understanding the economy for another.
The New York Times’ Paul Krugman noted recently that, in a moment of candor, John McCain admitted economics isn’t his thing. “The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/opinion/14krugman.html) as well as I should,” he said. But, “I’ve got Greenspan’s book,” he assured the audience.
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/18/mccain-economy/

Ok, well we know that congress would not allow that to happen right now. So what would M/P (btw, she wouldn't be able to do that as she would only be vp anyway) have done differently that would actually have happened?

I guess I'll edit as well...O just hasn't come out and admitted he doesn't understand the economy (among other things). But then again, it's not necessary. We already know it.

huntinman
06-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Her views on a war with Iran for one

As opposed to Bambis views on war with the US...

depittydawg
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Personally I liked Hillary, but there is NO DOUBT that Obama is an improvement over his predecessor. Consider what the Bush / Cheney administration would have done with the BP disaster. At this point they would be awarding Haliburton a nice 'no bid' contract for about 15 billion dollars of tax payer money to do just about anything they wanted to with. There is a very good chance a McCain administration would have done something very similar. At least Obama is now on the right track in demanding BP put up the 15 billion dollar trust fund. What he need to do now is expand that, to include all the players in the off shore drilling market.

Cody Covey
06-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Halliburton is out there working already. . .

huntinman
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Personally I liked Hillary, but there is NO DOUBT that Obama is an improvement over his predecessor. Consider what the Bush / Cheney administration would have done with the BP disaster. At this point they would be awarding Haliburton a nice 'no bid' contract for about 15 billion dollars of tax payer money to do just about anything they wanted to with. There is a very good chance a McCain administration would have done something very similar. At least Obama is now on the right track in demanding BP put up the 15 billion dollar trust fund. What he need to do now is expand that, to include all the players in the off shore drilling market.

Boy, you are really out there. 2 months in and Bush would have done SOMETHING... Obama is still trying to figure out what happened and who he should blame next. His response has been pathetic.

Roger Perry
06-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Boy, you are really out there. 2 months in and Bush would have done SOMETHING... Obama is still trying to figure out what happened and who he should blame next. His response has been pathetic.

Yeah, maybe Obama should have put on a snorkle mask, a set of fins and got a blow tourch and fixed the leak himself.

dnf777
06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Boy, you are really out there. 2 months in and Bush would have done SOMETHING... .

Yeah, he would have invaded Iraq! :D:D:D

RP: I like your idea about the blowtorch, but I might try some JBweld first. Hey, didn't Billy Mays sell some kind of super-putty, guaranteed to plug leaking pipes and fix flat tires?

Here's how to order regards......

Buzz
06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Where is this guy when you need him?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090620063410/wikiality/images/3/3f/Barack-obama-superman-byron-furgol.jpg

david gibson
06-15-2010, 02:00 PM

yup. O is doing a bang-up job! just look at those approval ratings soar! and all them good southern folk are just diggin on him to the max.

ducknwork
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM

You spelled that last word completely wrong. It is actually spelled n-o-n-e-x-i-s-t-e-n-t. Well, unless you count the time that he feigned anger while searching for 'whose ass to kick.'

huntinman
06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
You spelled that last word completely wrong. It is actually spelled n-o-n-e-x-i-s-t-e-n-t. Well, unless you count the time that he feigned anger while searching for 'whose ass to kick.'

Well since he said he has been in charge since day 1, maybe he should kick his own ass.

ducknwork
06-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Well since he said he has been in charge since day 1, maybe he should kick his own ass.

Funny you should say that...:D

Don't know who the woman is (found the pic on the net) but this is about 15 minutes from my house...Maybe O should visit.;)

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/self-kicking-machine.jpg

road kill
06-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Where is this guy when you need him?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090620063410/wikiality/images/3/3f/Barack-obama-superman-byron-furgol.jpg

Golfing??

rk