PDA

View Full Version : Just How Much....

M&K's Retrievers
06-14-2010, 01:52 PM
....is this woman worth? In addition to her personal Air Force jet, travel expenses now add this:

www.rollcall.com/issues/55_146/news/47263-1.html

depittydawg
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
....is this woman worth? In addition to her personal Air Force jet, travel expenses now add this:

www.rollcall.com/issues/55_146/news/47263-1.html

She is worth a lot! I believe her family places her as an entrenched member of the American aristrocracy. Maybe now you guys can see why an 'estate' tax can be a good thing. How many Nancy Pelosi's and George Bush's can we survive as a nation?

Cody Covey
06-14-2010, 02:19 PM
If its her money who cares how she spends it. I doubt there is any circumstance where you could convince me there is a good time for an estate tax. Its their money they worked for it why should the government get a second piece of it?

M&K's Retrievers
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
If its her money who cares how she spends it. I doubt there is any circumstance where you could convince me there is a good time for an estate tax. Its their money they worked for it why should the government get a second piece of it?

Doh! It's our money!

ducknwork
06-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Is this rent paid out of her pocket (basically from her salary) or is it another 'perk' that we foot the bill for in addition to her salary, which would actually increase her income by $18K?

Cody Covey
06-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Is this rent paid out of her pocket (basically from her salary) or is it another 'perk' that we foot the bill for in addition to her salary, which would actually increase her income by $18K?

that would be the question. I assumed office space would be her money. If not then yeah that outrageous and leaves no question why california is broke. If not its her money...money gets spent much more frivolously than that.

M&K's Retrievers
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM

That's $18,736 per month for 3100 square feet. $72.52 per square is damn high rent.

The article states "House Members' district office rent is paid out of their official office accounts called the Members' Representational Allowances."

Cody Covey
06-14-2010, 03:51 PM
well then i stand corrected. . .

Buzz
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM
That's $18,736 per month for 3100 square feet. $72.52 per square is damn high rent.

The article states "House Members' district office rent is paid out of their official office accounts called the Members' Representational Allowances."

When I divide $18,763 by 3100, I get $6.04/square foot.

But, at any rate, that's totally ridiculous rent, and we shouldn't have to pay it. I notice that it says the office is in a federal building. How much is the Fed paying total for office space in there? Hmmm.

Trying to help in the worst way regards...

M&K's Retrievers
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
When I divide $18,763 by 3100, I get $6.04/square foot.

$6.04 times 12 to get the annual leasing rate. That's normally how office space is quoted or used to be . It's been a long while since I had to screw with leases.:D

aandw
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
dumb question, but if it is a fed building and she is a federal employee, why does she have to pay rent? and who does she pay it to?

M&K's Retrievers
06-14-2010, 05:13 PM
dumb question, but if it is a fed building and she is a federal employee, why does she have to pay rent? and who does she pay it to?

Again, according to the article "When members have their office in Federal Buildings, as Pelosi does, the payments are made to the General Services Administration which is the governments property manager."