PDA

View Full Version : Effective Political Ad For Rick Barber

Franco
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ7ZDUutU4

This guy can sure get folks fired up! Should win big in his bid for Congress. Anti-incumbant is reaching a feverish pitch and it is about time. He has more on youtube worth watching.

I like this guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9Ro5kHf_M

depittydawg
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Franco;629572]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ7ZDUutU4

This guy can sure get folks fired up! Should win big in his bid for Congress. Anti-incumbant is reaching a feverish pitch and it is about time. He has more on youtube worth watching.[/QUOTE

Pretty radical. I don't see people like this as doing anything but harm for the country. "Gather your armies" What a freak'n idiot...

david gibson
06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Franco;629572]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ7ZDUutU4

This guy can sure get folks fired up! Should win big in his bid for Congress. Anti-incumbant is reaching a feverish pitch and it is about time. He has more on youtube worth watching.[/QUOTE

Pretty radical. I don't see people like this as doing anything but harm for the country. "Gather your armies" What a freak'n idiot...

oh come on deppity - its the other side but its a good and fair ad. and clever.

whats wrong with what he said?? just curious why that one quote got you fired up.

Franco
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
"Gather Your Armies", Mr Barber is calling for a long overdue voter revolution.

david gibson
06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
"Gather Your Armies", Mr Barber is calling for a long overdue voter revolution.

but does deppity think thats advocating violence?

huntinman
06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
The best thing about the ad will be the increase in blood pressure of the libs that view it! Awesome ad. Most would not have the stones to do an ad like that.

depittydawg
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=depittydawg;629574]

oh come on deppity - its the other side but its a good and fair ad. and clever.

whats wrong with what he said?? just curious why that one quote got you fired up.

No, I don't buy into it. Leaders need to bring people together, not drive wedges between them. Calling for arms is not acceptable in my opinion. I don't care which side of the fence he's on. Radicals don't make good politicians.

starjack
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
dippity I THINK THAT WAS MENT ARMY OF VOTERS. BUT I DONT CARE GREAT AD WHAT EVER WAS MENT

depittydawg
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
but does deppity think thats advocating violence?

and the worst thing that will come of it is that all the Timothy McVea's out there will take him at his word...

Franco
06-14-2010, 06:53 PM
I think he is exactly the kind of representative we need in DC. Military service should be required of all seeking Federal office. And, lets face it, common sense isn't so common in DC. I like the fact that he is outspoken and says it with conviction. Just like his comments about the building of a mosque at the World Trade Center site to be completed on the 10th anniversary of the 911 attack.

The Muslims here want to rub that in our face by this act, pure and simple. We need more like him that are willing to stand up for the USA and not yield to those within that would like us destroyed.

david gibson
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
and the worst thing that will come of it is that all the Timothy McVea's out there will take him at his word...

so did you condemn Obama when he said:

"if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun" ??

any goose/gander comments?

depittydawg
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
so did you condemn Obama when he said:

"if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun" ??

any goose/gander comments?

Don't know what the reference was to that. But in general it sounds like something a coward would say. I prefer TR's comment on the subject. "Walk softly but carry a big stick".
There is an interesting event from the life of Julius Caesar that plays well here. As a young general he marched through Gaul conquering and pillaging. He was stopped by the Rhine as was every conquering army before him. The wide deep river had proven an unsurmountable barrier protecting Germania from conquering armies. As a demonstration of his ambition and his leadership Caesar ordered his engineers to design and build a bridge. They did it in 10 days. A thousand feet accross and 20 30 feet deep.
As they built the bridge an army 5 times the size of Caesars watched in wonder. When the bridge was complete Caesar crossed the Rhine with his 40,000 troops. The horrified army of Germania fled to high ground and awaited the coming attack. For several weeks Caesar explored Germania and quietly collected ransom from the opposition but never attacked. Afterward he and his army crossed back into Gaul and dismantled the bridge. He returned to Rome a Hero, having accomplished the impossible, crossing the Rhine with an army.
The point is the attack wasn't necessary. Just the knowledge that Rome had the power and technology to do it was all that was needed. Sadly, a lesson the GWB and BHO have yet to learn.

Eric Johnson
06-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Rick Barber was in 2nd place in the primary election in the 2nd District in Alabama. A Martha Roby won the primary but lacked the 50+% to win it outright. This just happens to be my district.

Barber was caught last week sponsoring illegal gambling tournaments. He'd been doing this for several years at his place of business. He was caught out and has since stopped the activity.

The incumbent is Rep Bobby Bright. Bright was the Mayor of Montgomery before being elected to Congress in a screwed up election in 2008.

Rick Barber has nothing particularly notable in his background. He makes a big deal out of being a former serviceman but in the 2nd District, former servicemen are a dime a dozen.

Martha Roby has one claim to fame. While Bright was the Mayor of Montgomery, she was a Councilwoman and stood in opposition to Bright every step of the way. He took a city that was in the black and increased the G.O and Revenue Bond debt level to almost $100 million. He did this in about 12 years. Martha was a thorn in his side everystep of the way since her election in 2004 (I think).

In a run-off, the primary consideration should be to select the candidate that can win the general election and defeat Bright. Martha Roby had 49+% of the primary vote compared to Barber's 25%. Martha Roby can win against Bright. Barber can not because Bright will seize on Barber's "illegal gambling house" operation.

This ad gets Barber a lot of attention outside the District which doesn't count for anything.

Eric

pat addis
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
the only thing wrong with him is he isn't running in illinois

david gibson
06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Don't know what the reference was to that. But in general it sounds like something a coward would say. .....

ahem. Barack Obama told a crowd of supporters in Philadelphia back in 2008, “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” He added, “That’s the Chicago way.”

you are so quick to condemn on the right what the left has already done - in this case the mighty zerO himself.

"momma always said - coward is as cowards does"