PDA

View Full Version : This Last Weekend

Marvin S
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
On Saturday, 6-12, there was a fire in some apartments in Seattle that left 4 juveniles & an adult deceased. A real tragedy which no one likes to see.

But on the back page the real story comes out. These people are immigrants from Algeria, the apartments are public housing put up at great expense to the citizens of Seattle, & fires are a common occurrence. They arrived here from Algeria in 1989 & continued to bring their extended family. The fact that 4 of the deceased were minors & 2010 is 21 years later means they were all born in this country, probably paid for by Medicaid.

The head of that particular population states to the press "We are a poor minority, the city needs to find a large enough place for us to mourn".

Oh & the 1st fire truck on the scene would not pump water so things were delayed 4 minutes. 7 trucks responded, this is an apartment fire. The pictures in the paper show 9 fireman standing in groups outside the yellow ribbons.

While this is brief - it was about 6 full length columns in the paper - it is a synopsis. Seattle Times, 6-13 if someone would post the link.

My question - does anyone find anything wrong with these scenarios?

Franco
06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Our immigration laws have been broken for a long time. They should have never been allowed in.

huntinman
06-15-2010, 09:24 AM
On Saturday, 6-12, there was a fire in some apartments in Seattle that left 4 juveniles & an adult deceased. A real tragedy which no one likes to see.

But on the back page the real story comes out. These people are immigrants from Algeria, the apartments are public housing put up at great expense to the citizens of Seattle, & fires are a common occurrence. They arrived here from Algeria in 1989 & continued to bring their extended family. The fact that 4 of the deceased were minors & 2010 is 21 years later means they were all born in this country, probably paid for by Medicaid.

The head of that particular population states to the press "We are a poor minority, the city needs to find a large enough place for us to mourn".

Oh & the 1st fire truck on the scene would not pump water so things were delayed 4 minutes. 7 trucks responded, this is an apartment fire. The pictures in the paper show 9 fireman standing in groups outside the yellow ribbons.

While this is brief - it was about 6 full length columns in the paper - it is a synopsis. Seattle Times, 6-13 if someone would post the link.

My question - does anyone find anything wrong with these scenarios?

Were they cooking with a charcoal grill like the time a few years back when the power was out for several days during the winter? They had no concept of carbon monoxide... I think those were Sudanese.

TCFarmer
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I think this is the article you mentioned.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012098916_fire13m.html