PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub Questions

vern3
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
We are wanting to purchase a hot tub to help with my wife's back problems and my achy joints.

Needing all the info on best brands and options

We found one manufacturer that makes a chiller to add to theirs to keep water cool in the summer, does anybody know if this works or is it just advertising spam?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Vernon

PM's are fine

TN_LAB
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
I have one. I wouldn't buy one with a chiller. If you want the water to chill down, all you have to do is turn the heater down and/or break out the garden hose.

I would recommend getting one that has a fully insulated tub as opposed to the type that just have insulation around the cabinet.

I also think getting an ozonator is wise.

If possible, shop around and wet test a few.

MikeB
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
I bought a Sundance 800 Series Cameo 3 years ago. Best money I ever spent. I have back issues and arthritis in most all my joints. The lounge works out the tight muscles in my neck and sholders. Another seat works my middle and lower back. All the jets are totaly adjustable so nothing is to hard or to soft. Many colored lights, AM/FM, CD radio, I-pod docking with 2 pop up speakers and water proof remote control.

Check all the Sundance units out here.
http://www.sundancespas.com/880Series/Cameo.html

Bud Bass
06-28-2010, 01:17 AM
We had one at our last home. Don't need a chiller up here. 33 degree tap water is chill enough. We used ours pretty often but only in the winter, very rarely in the summer(too warm out). It was outdoors and going out and in at night when 10 degrees out is very chilling. From what I understand, a very high percentage of people use them the first year and then very rarely after that. It's a large investment for not being used after the first year much. Wasn't the case with us, my wife wanted one here until I put a large jacuzzi in the bedroom of our current home. Bud