PDA

View Full Version : Is Joe Barton for real???

dnf777
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
What an idiot! Not surprised though.
I guess he's getting his from the republican leadership on this!
Wonder where Rush falls?

Washington (CNN) - Under fire for appearing to shield BP from criticism Thursday morning, Rep. Joe Barton was told by House GOP leaders later in the day to apologize "immediately" or lose his position as the senior Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, several Republican sources tell CNN.

david gibson
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
What an idiot! Not surprised though.
I guess he's getting his from the republican leadership on this!
Wonder where Rush falls?

Washington (CNN) - Under fire for appearing to shield BP from criticism Thursday morning, Rep. Joe Barton was told by House GOP leaders later in the day to apologize "immediately" or lose his position as the senior Republican on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, several Republican sources tell CNN.

i would say the rep. leaders responded appropriately. plenty of dems have said dumb things too and been reprimanded. just goes to show that is not the party line.

dnf777
06-17-2010, 08:37 PM
i would say the rep. leaders responded appropriately. plenty of dems have said dumb things too and been reprimanded. just goes to show that is not the party line.

So true. It reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw recently:

CAUTION: ENGAGE BRAIN PRIOR TO PLACING MOUTH IN GEAR

huntinman
06-17-2010, 10:23 PM
the apology to BP was wrong...calling Obamas tactics a shakedown was correct.

Steve
06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
He should have chastised all the other congress weasels for grand standing. No defense for BP, they effed up.

david gibson
06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
what did hayward stand to gain by answering anything? sure he was under oath, but its easy to say he didnt know or wasnt involved in a certain decision - i am sure because he was advised by his legal team that anything he said would be used against him in future courts and lawsuits. i am sure congress knew this and still held the inquisition and acted as they did to look like they are taking charge. nothing ever stood to be gained by this panel.

i am sure joe hazelwood is feeling a little better now that he is no longer the villian saint of oil spills... ;-)

Buzz
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM

You're making it sound like he didn't put any thought into his statement before he said it.

BrianW
06-18-2010, 09:05 AM
The way I heard Barton's remarks was that he was sorry that our system has broken down to the point that "the Chicago way" is now the way we do business in this country.
Barrack "Capone" called BP in and ordered them to pay up if they want to continue to do business in his neighborhood.

The $20b does not stop BP from getting sued for damages so what is it going to do and who gets to administer this "escrow account"? There is also no cap on if Obama can demand more.

Obama is one the ordered a halt to drilling and yet BP has to put up $100m for them in addition?

Like it or not, the stock dividends were a contractual agreement that, once again, doesn't matter to the Obama Administration.

If this isn't a sorry day in America, where we used to be a nation of laws instead of Executive Branch edicts, I don't know what is.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 09:15 AM
the apology to BP was wrong...calling Obamas tactics a shakedown was correct.

Shakedown? I thought a conservative who believes in accountability for ones' actions would understand that this account is to help the working people of La who's jobs have been erased by corporate malfeasance?? Or is it only the "small people" who should be held accountable, and corporations given a free pass? This move eliminated the concern for the 75 million cap, ensured even if BP weasels its way into bankruptcy, that the people are protected at least to the tune of 20 bil.

Shakedown?

dnf777
06-18-2010, 09:17 AM
If this isn't a sorry day in America, where we used to be a nation of laws instead of Executive Branch edicts, I don't know what is.

I'm glad to see people waking up to the executive branch power grabbing that's been going on for a long, long time. I guess it just took a democrat being in office to open eyes!

Buzz
06-18-2010, 09:23 AM
The way I heard Barton's remarks was that he was sorry that our system has broken down to the point that "the Chicago way" is now the way we do business in this country.
Barrack "Capone" called BP in and ordered them to pay up if they want to continue to do business in his neighborhood.

The $20b does not stop BP from getting sued for damages so what is it going to do and who gets to administer this "escrow account"? There is also no cap on if Obama can demand more.

Obama is one the ordered a halt to drilling and yet BP has to put up $100m for them in addition?

Like it or not, the stock dividends were a contractual agreement that, once again, doesn't matter to the Obama Administration.

I only hope that conservatives continue this line of argument.

About the administrator of the fund:

Kenneth R. Feinberg is in his third term as the president of the board of trustees of the Washington National Opera and this shows his outstanding leadership.

Kenneth Feinberg became the president of board of trustees of Washington National Opera in the previous month which enabled him to become president for 3rd.

Kenneth Feinberg - born October 23, 1945, Brockton, Massachusetts is an American attorney, specializing in mediation and alternative dispute resolution.

Kenneth Feinberg was the Special Master of the 9-11 Victims Compensation Fund. He alone was responsible for distributing some $7 billion of taxpayer money to the families of the victims of 9-11.

Finally, what ever gave you the impression that dividends are a contractual agreement? You invest your money, you takes your chances.

badbullgator
06-18-2010, 09:24 AM
He should have chastised all the other congress weasels for grand standing. No defense for BP, they effed up.

Exactly! BP is responsible and to apologize was wrong, at least for the reason he gave. I would apologies for the whole fiasco yesterday however. That whole hearing embarrassed me. Both sides!

huntinman
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Shakedown? I thought a conservative who believes in accountability for ones' actions would understand that this account is to help the working people of La who's jobs have been erased by corporate malfeasance?? Or is it only the "small people" who should be held accountable, and corporations given a free pass? This move eliminated the concern for the 75 million cap, ensured even if BP weasels its way into bankruptcy, that the people are protected at least to the tune of 20 bil.

Shakedown?

So are you saying that due process is not important to you? Or is it only for some people and not others. Libs argue that anyone who touches US soil should have all the protections that citizens get (if they are terrorists or illegal aliens), but that does not apply to those mean money making corporations. Your hypocrisy is only exceeded by your devotion to the messiah.

Congress instituted the previous cap, not BP.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
So are you saying that due process is not important to you? Or is it only for some people and not others. Libs argue that anyone who touches US soil should have all the protections that citizens get (if they are terrorists or illegal aliens), but that does not apply to those mean money making corporations. Your hypocrisy is only exceeded by your devotion to the messiah.

Congress instituted the previous cap, not BP.

Oh boy...where to start??

First, it was not an executive order or any other judicial or legislative action that got BP to establish the fund. It was Obama, sitting them down, and reaching a just agreement. Kind of old fashioned, I understand why it is a foreign concept to many today. Leadership from the oval office. I know, its been a while! Due process has NOTHING to do with this!

Secondly, there is no second point. Trying to mix illegal immigration policy and political ideology is exactly what will mire this recovery down to nothing! You can keep it up if that's the best you got, or should I say, the best your Oxy-messiah has got! [gotten] in case the grammar police are lurking

huntinman
06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Due process has NOTHING to do with this!

We already know that. That's the problem. Due process when it's convenient to the left's argument, otherwise the hell with it...we don't need it. If you are so willing to throw this out the window, be careful what you wish for. Other rights are sure to follow.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
We already know that. That's the problem. Due process when it's convenient to the left's argument, otherwise the hell with it...we don't need it. If you are so willing to throw this out the window, be careful what you wish for. Other rights are sure to follow.

You don't get it.

When I was a little kid, I busted a neighbor's window with a baseball. It was totally my fault, due to my lack of careful planning. Sort of like, say, BP spilling 140 million gallons of oil into the gulf. Now my neighbor sat me down, explained to me that I had made a mistake that will cost him money, and that its not right for him to have to pay. So he offered to let me pay, or work, to compensate him for the damage. I agreed to do what was right.

Now, was my "due process" denied? I don't think so.

And nobody apologized to me for the travesty of this poor little boy being made pay for the window I broke!

If you don't understand my little allegory, please call you local republican politicians and encourage them to support Barton (publicly) in his call for Obama to apologize to BP!! Here's the link:

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

huntinman
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
You don't get it.

When I was a little kid, I busted a neighbor's window with a baseball. It was totally my fault, due to my lack of careful planning. Sort of like, say, BP spilling 140 million gallons of oil into the gulf. Now my neighbor sat me down, explained to me that I had made a mistake that will cost him money, and that its not right for him to have to pay. So he offered to let me pay, or work, to compensate him for the damage. I agreed to do what was right.

Now, was my "due process" denied? I don't think so.

And nobody apologized to me for the travesty of this poor little boy being made pay for the window I broke!

If you don't understand my little allegory, please call you local republican politicians and encourage them to support Barton (publicly) in his call for Obama to apologize to BP!! Here's the link:

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

OK, I'll come down to your level little boy. Maybe you can get this. When I was a little boy I broke a sliding window out of our house. I admitted my guilt, but my parents thought my brother must have been involved and made him pay half. They didn't want to hear what really happened and with no due process, my brother was screwed out of his money for no good reason.

I love all you goofy a$$ libs so willing to just turn evrything over to Bambi with no checks and balances which you generally scream for. There is someone in this conversation who doesn't get it, and I'm here to tell you it is you. Somehow, you got through med school, so you must have some intelligence. But like my ex wife, who is also an MD, I think common sense is severely lacking. You may want to be an Obama zombie, but not me.

depittydawg
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh boy...where to start??

First, it was not an executive order or any other judicial or legislative action that got BP to establish the fund. It was Obama, sitting them down, and reaching a just agreement. Kind of old fashioned, I understand why it is a foreign concept to many today. Leadership from the oval office. I know, its been a while! Due process has NOTHING to do with this!

Secondly, there is no second point. Trying to mix illegal immigration policy and political ideology is exactly what will mire this recovery down to nothing! You can keep it up if that's the best you got, or should I say, the best your Oxy-messiah has got! [gotten] in case the grammar police are lurking

Very well stated. Probably futile, but right on.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
OK, I'll come down to your level little boy. Maybe you can get this. When I was a little boy I broke a sliding window out of our house. I admitted my guilt, but my parents thought my brother must have been involved and made him pay half. They didn't want to hear what really happened and with no due process, my brother was screwed out of his money for no good reason.

I love all you goofy a$$ libs so willing to just turn evrything over to Bambi with no checks and balances which you generally scream for. There is someone in this conversation who doesn't get it, and I'm here to tell you it is you. Somehow, you got through med school, so you must have some intelligence. But like my ex wife, who is also an MD, I think common sense is severely lacking. You may want to be an Obama zombie, but not me.

Well, since you called me a "little boy", goofy a$$ lib, and insulted my ability to get through med school, let me dip to your level for just a moment and let you know that your ex-wife told me .....ah, that's beneath me. I'll let it go.

Captain Mike D
06-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Well, since you called me a "little boy", goofy a$$ lib, and insulted my ability to get through med school, let me dip to your level for just a moment and let you know that your ex-wife told me .....ah, that's beneath me. I'll let it go.

Wait ,wait, I know what she told you-- She couldn't stand the fact that he had common sense, while she was so educated , and he left her grasping for responces that he would not be able to see through when they argued!!

M&K's Retrievers
06-19-2010, 12:58 AM

Just a thought but perhaps you should consider same.

BrianW
06-19-2010, 05:58 PM
You don't get it.

When I was a little kid, I busted a neighbor's window with a baseball. It was totally my fault, due to my lack of careful planning. Sort of like, say, BP spilling 140 million gallons of oil into the gulf.

If you don't understand my little allegory,
If you insist on playing the allegory game;
Before you broke your neighbor's window, did he set down the rules of how, where & when you would play? Did he specify exactly how much insurance your parents had to carry if his house was exposed to danger and what safeguards had to be in place? Did you have to file for countless permits and fund studies out of your own pocket to study that risk and the odds of the damage before you could even buy your ball & bat?
And then when you finally met all these conditions and signed an agreement to that effect, did your neighbor then have the right to say the established rules don't apply any more and I can change them and make up new ones as we go along until I'm satisfied with the results? If he had said "Not only are you going to replace that broken window but you're going to repaint my whole house too?" would you have gone along with that as well? "Oh and by the way you are going to pony up an "escrow account" based on your projected allowance for the next 10 years until I make sure there is no potential residual damage that I can't see yet and it's up to you to find out how you're going to fund this thing", I'm sure you would have gone along with that too. :rolleyes:

Now I'm NOT saying that BP is blameless and they may very well have contributed to the explosion and shut off valve failure but they jumped through every hoop that EPA, Interior, MMS and every alphabet agency ad nauseum put out there for them. And if those processes weren't followed, isn't it the Federal Governments fault as well? But that's why there is an investigation process & a legal system to determine fault, blame & damage liability. I have no idea what industry or business you're involved in but are you really willing to let the next president throw out any arbitrary figure that he feels like if it's involved in an accident?

And do you really think that 1 private 3rd party guy is going to administer the whole escrow fund? There is going to be a whole new bureaucracy set up to monitor and administer this "fund" for years to come. How many millions of $'s are going to be siphoned off through fraud & waste, graft & corruption now that the Feds are involved, that will never see the actual victims? If Medicare is any indication, it's going to a whole lot more than an oil sucking barge full!

Gerry Clinchy
06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
but are you really willing to let the next president throw out any arbitrary figure that he feels like if it's involved in an accident?

I believe Obamacare has already taken care of DNF's "industry" of medical care.

dnf777
06-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Before you broke your neighbor's window, did he set down the rules of how, where & when you would play? Did he specify exactly how much insurance your parents had to carry if his house was exposed to danger and what safeguards had to be in place? Did you have to file for countless permits and fund studies out of your own pocket to study that risk and the odds of the damage before you could even buy your ball & bat?
And then when you finally met all these conditions and signed an agreement to that effect, did your neighbor then have the right to say the established rules don't apply any more and I can change them and make up new ones as we go along until I'm satisfied with the results? If he had said "Not only are you going to replace that broken window but you're going to repaint my whole house too?" would you have gone along with that as well? "Oh and by the way you are going to pony up an "escrow account" based on your projected allowance for the next 10 years until I make sure there is no potential residual damage that I can't see yet and it's up to you to find out how you're going to fund this thing", I'm sure you would have gone along with that too. :rolleyes:

Now I'm NOT saying that BP is blameless and they may very well have contributed to the explosion and shut off valve failure but they jumped through every hoop that EPA, Interior, MMS and every alphabet agency ad nauseum put out there for them. And if those processes weren't followed, isn't it the Federal Governments fault as well? But that's why there is an investigation process & a legal system to determine fault, blame & damage liability. I have no idea what industry or business you're involved in but are you really willing to let the next president throw out any arbitrary figure that he feels like if it's involved in an accident?

And do you really think that 1 private 3rd party guy is going to administer the whole escrow fund? There is going to be a whole new bureaucracy set up to monitor and administer this "fund" for years to come. How many millions of $'s are going to be siphoned off through fraud & waste, graft & corruption now that the Feds are involved, that will never see the actual victims? If Medicare is any indication, it's going to a whole lot more than an oil sucking barge full!

Didn't think you'd understand. I urge you to call your republican representatives and urge them to support Joe Barton's apology, if you feel so strongly.

dnf777
06-19-2010, 09:46 PM

My take-home pay has increased by 10% since Obama took office. Are you crediting Obama with that? I didn't, but if you insist?

dnf777
06-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Just a thought but perhaps you should consider same.

We all should. Shouldn't we?

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2010, 12:06 AM
My take-home pay has increased by 10% since Obama took office. Are you crediting Obama with that? I didn't, but if you insist?

It (obamaman care) hasn't started yet. You are about to get cut to the bone via obamaman care. Bundled fees, more pre-cert, more "experts" questioning your diagnosis and suggested treatment, delays in getting reimbursed, etc. I really think you will like it.

dnf777
06-20-2010, 06:32 AM
It (obamaman care) hasn't started yet. You are about to get cut to the bone via obamaman care. Bundled fees, more pre-cert, more "experts" questioning your diagnosis and suggested treatment, delays in getting reimbursed, etc. I really think you will like it.

All that's BEEN HAPPENING for years! That, my friend, is the subject of a class action law suit against Bill Frist's insurace company.

Gerry Clinchy
06-20-2010, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE][
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=632251#post632251)

/QUOTE]

Did I write something in invisible ink? At this point, I am not crediting Obamacare with anything, good or bad. That remains to be seen ... just stating the fact that your "industry" has already been re-vamped by Obama implementing his agenda.

The only recent furor I've noted in health care is the failure of Congress to prevent the 21% reduction in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements. The Senate finally passed it, but the House must still vote on it when they return from vacation. As a result, claims submitted during the period when the reduction went into effect will have to be re-submitted once the House has voted ... presumably following the Senate's lead to postpone the scheduled reduction until Congress gets around to a more permanent "fix" on the issue.

badbullgator
06-20-2010, 08:47 AM
You don't get it.

Kind of think this is what BP was doing.............before obongo make them ;-)

badbullgator
06-20-2010, 08:48 AM

!

Exactly!!

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
All that's BEEN HAPPENING for years! T

Yes, and why? Insurance companies adhering to and in-forcing government mandates.

BrianW
06-20-2010, 12:16 PM
I urge you to call your republican representatives and urge them to support Joe Barton's apology, if you feel so strongly.

Rep. Walter C. Minnick, D - ID 1st District. Don't think that's going to happen.
Fwiw, why would they (the GOP) do that? If you actually watch the video, Barton states that "I'm speaking totally for myself, I'm not speaking for the Republican party, I'm not speaking for anybody in the House of Representatives but myself,..."

But did you get the part where he points out that calling the accused party into a conference with the chief investigator present while the investigation is ongoing and and asking for establishment of a financial fund could result in jail time? But that's ok for Obama, the laws don't apply to him also? Obviously not, as he doesn't seem to think the Constitution does either.

depittydawg
06-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Rep. Walter C. Minnick, D - ID 1st District. Don't think that's going to happen.
Fwiw, why would they (the GOP) do that? If you actually watch the video, Barton states that "I'm speaking totally for myself, I'm not speaking for the Republican party, I'm not speaking for anybody in the House of Representatives but myself,..."

But did you get the part where he points out that calling the accused party into a conference with the chief investigator present while the investigation is ongoing and and asking for establishment of a financial fund could result in jail time? But that's ok for Obama, the laws don't apply to him also? Obviously not, as he doesn't seem to think the Constitution does either.

Its called negotiation. It's what executives do. It is becoming apparent that the radical conservative movement, of which many people at this site are a part of despite their self denial, are so focused on playing the "blame game", that you forget what your values are? Raises the question of whether you actually have values.
Here's the deal. Obama, and the democratic congress, has so far resisted the call to fund this cleanup with tax payer dollars. He is forcing the Corporation (and getting cooperation from the corporation) to internalize the costs of their mistakes, rather than passing them along to the tax payer. For this he is being criticized by the Right Wing Ideologues? For this the Republican Party is in a tizzy? The hypocrisy of the right wing camp is ludicrous. There are only two choices. Either you have fiscally conservative values or you don't. Either you believe in BIG government and taxpayer funding of Corporate bailouts or you don't. You can't argue out one side of your mouth in March, and switch sides in June because it suits your own political needs. That is exactly what the Republican Leadership,is trying to get away with. I thought deficits were a bad thing? Aren't these the same things your camp has been harping on this year?

gman0046
06-20-2010, 02:24 PM
The Republican agenda sure beats Obongo's Socialist agenda. Don't know about you but I'd rather choose my own health care then have the government decide which one I'll have. I kind of like the Second Amendment as well. Obongo and Holder would take your guns away in a heartbeat.

depittydawg
06-20-2010, 03:06 PM
The Republican agenda sure beats Obongo's Socialist agenda. Don't know about you but I'd rather choose my own health care then have the government decide which one I'll have. I kind of like the Second Amendment as well. Obongo and Holder would take your guns away in a heartbeat.

That's the point of the facts. The Obama / Democratic agenda is much less socialistic than the Republican agenda.

dnf777
06-20-2010, 04:34 PM
If you actually watch the video, Barton states that "I'm speaking totally for myself, I'm not speaking for the Republican party, I'm not speaking for anybody in the House of Representatives but myself,..."

Well, one little problem with that. See, he's the ranking republican on that committee, so he doesn't just get to say, "I don't speak for the party"!

dnf777
06-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Yes, and why? Insurance companies adhering to and in-forcing government mandates.

WHAT??? Dude, go learn up on this before you embarrass yourself anymore.

Marvin S
06-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Its called negotiation. It's what executives do. It is becoming apparent that the radical conservative movement, of which many people at this site are a part of despite their self denial, are so focused on playing the "blame game", that you forget what your values are? Raises the question of whether you actually have values.
Here's the deal. Obama, and the democratic congress, has so far resisted the call to fund this cleanup with tax payer dollars. He is forcing the Corporation (and getting cooperation from the corporation) to internalize the costs of their mistakes, rather than passing them along to the tax payer. For this he is being criticized by the Right Wing Ideologues? For this the Republican Party is in a tizzy? The hypocrisy of the right wing camp is ludicrous. There are only two choices. Either you have fiscally conservative values or you don't. Either you believe in BIG government and taxpayer funding of Corporate bailouts or you don't. You can't argue out one side of your mouth in March, and switch sides in June because it suits your own political needs. That is exactly what the Republican Leadership,is trying to get away with. I thought deficits were a bad thing? Aren't these the same things your camp has been harping on this year?

In comparison to your ideology, David Broder would fit in that camp :).

This is all a political cartoon playing & someone hopes they can score points. While your messiah may be coining points with your ilk, Bobby Jindal is kicking his a$$ with results. Hayward & the messiah are cut from the same cloth, you are just to locked up to be aware of that.

If you really want to talk about a long term mess, the extractive industries have always been cozy with whomever was in power. Many Superfund sites are old mines, both coal & hardrock, with more to come & nothing being done about it. Probably even a few in the messiah's home state :eek:.

BTW dippity, for a guy who polishs solar panels you are developing quite a resume.

david gibson
06-20-2010, 09:56 PM

you are kidding, right?

huntinman
06-20-2010, 11:11 PM

President Blames GOP for Making Life Harder on Unemployed... here is your blamer in chief. Same guy who just told the high school kids to be accountable and don't point fingers... what a freaking joke of a POTUS.

M&K's Retrievers
06-21-2010, 12:15 AM
WHAT??? Dude, go learn up on this before you embarrass yourself anymore.

I hate it when a grown man calls another one "Dude". Maybe it's the cold Bud and sailing talking. Anyway, I've been a health insurance professional in personal production, general agent and consultant for over 35 years. Much longer, I suspect, than you have been looking at arseholes. Repricing is the result of insurance companies contracting with providers (that would be you) to discount their fees for increased patient activity. You don't have to participate but if you don't your patients will go somewhere else to someone cheaper.It was also trying to offset the fact that providers (that would be you again) reduce their fees for those who pay cash or don't have insurance. "Managed Care" IE mandated second opinions, pre certification, etc. are nothing but bull sh!t requirements in an attempt to reduce provider abuse but do nothing but increase both the providers and the insurance company's cost of doing business. I doubt they actually reduced procedures performed or days confined.

Both of our professions are going to "enjoy" reductions in compensation. Both of our fees are going to be cut. Mine by 50% plus loss of customers. I'm not sure what the providers reduction will be but my guess is it will be substantial. You will probably have to give up that high dollar sailing vessel you showed us. By the way, where was your dog(s)?

BrianW
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM
It is becoming apparent that the radical conservative movement, of which many people at this site are a part of despite their self denial, are so focused on playing the "blame game", that you forget what your values are? Raises the question of whether you actually have values.

If you're referring to the "stimulus", the auto bailouts and the health care takeover, etc. those were debatable choices and courses of action, if you don't believe so, why did there have to be payoffs for Landreiu, Nelson, Stupak, et al to get them to go along with the manufactured crises and the fixes?

This explosion/spill is a true catastrophe and the management of it is a disaster. To try to equate this with a bailout is not even apples & oranges. This is when you pull out all the stops, now, and worry about the checkbook later. Just saying "Plug the damn hole!" doesn't cut it.

Since some here like allegories, let's try this one on:
Your family owns a piece of property and a building on it. You are selected as the business executive for it & lease it to a incorporated business entity to make some product and in return you get a share of the profits (as well as some nice side monies just because they like you). You turn your back and never check to see what they're actually doing or just make "drive-by" inspections. They turn around & make a meth lab in there and there is a fire and explosion that damages the neighborhood & spews dangerous materials around, causing closure of surrounding businesses and people to evacuate their homes while the fire continues to burn for months.
Do you really think you're going to be able to waive your responsibility for the clean up? It's your property, your land and you are ultimately responsible for the goings on there, especially since you're making money off the deal. What do you think the neighborhood is going to say if you drive over there a couple of weeks later , pick up a couple pieces of rubble, say "This is terrible, I'm going to make sure that criminal sets up a find & pays for all this. My family's not going to pay for this." and then leave to go play golf & go to parties? When you get bids & proposals for the clean up, you assign it to one of your subordinates and tell them to take their time, makes sure all the "i"'s are dotted/"t"'s crossed, don't expedite the processes and say "Nobody ever asked me to waive the requirement that prevents out of town specialists from helping clean up."

Meanwhile you give a news conference and claim that you're doing everything possible to correct the problem and that you're not interested in words, you want actions. Then you go take a vacation to get away from all the mess.

Uh huh. :rolleyes: Right.

M&K's Retrievers
06-23-2010, 12:32 AM
I hate it when a grown man calls another one "Dude". Maybe it's the cold Bud and sailing talking. Anyway, I've been a health insurance professional in personal production, general agent and consultant for over 35 years. Much longer, I suspect, than you have been looking at arseholes. Repricing is the result of insurance companies contracting with providers (that would be you) to discount their fees for increased patient activity. You don't have to participate but if you don't your patients will go somewhere else to someone cheaper.It was also trying to offset the fact that providers (that would be you again) reduce their fees for those who pay cash or don't have insurance. "Managed Care" IE mandated second opinions, pre certification, etc. are nothing but bull sh!t requirements in an attempt to reduce provider abuse but do nothing but increase both the providers and the insurance company's cost of doing business. I doubt they actually reduced procedures performed or days confined.

Both of our professions are going to "enjoy" reductions in compensation. Both of our fees are going to be cut. Mine by 50% plus loss of customers. I'm not sure what the providers reduction will be but my guess is it will be substantial. You will probably have to give up that high dollar sailing vessel you showed us. By the way, where was your dog(s)?

Hello Dave?

depittydawg
06-23-2010, 12:42 AM
President Blames GOP for Making Life Harder on Unemployed... here is your blamer in chief. Same guy who just told the high school kids to be accountable and don't point fingers... what a freaking joke of a POTUS.

When it comes to unemployment, I stand with the GOP. What are we on now, like 2 years of unemployment benefits. It's not unemployment. Its welfare.

huntinman
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
When it comes to unemployment, I stand with the GOP. What are we on now, like 2 years of unemployment benefits. It's not unemployment. Its welfare.

Agreed... No incentive to work...