PDA

View Full Version : $20 Billion Escrow - Deserves Kudos

menmon
06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
I want it on the record that getting BP to escrow $20B is a very significant achievement, given the risk of BP failing and skipping on its liability. It should be noted that there were no limits on BP liabilitiy for this either.

What this should prove to the Fox News croud is that no matter how significant the success, Fox aways says Obama never does anything right. Therefore, if I was wanting to put my faith in a reporter, I would want one that reports accurately and if that reporter does not considered this a huge success, I would find someone else to take my cues from.

Buzz
06-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Mike, didn't you get the memo? It's an abuse of power by the O administration!

badbullgator
06-18-2010, 10:37 AM
What record do you want it on and who cares?
Off early from ihop?

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I want it on the record that getting BP to escrow $20B is a very significant achievement, given the risk of BP failing and skipping on its liability. It should be noted that there were no limits on BP liabilitiy for this either.

What this should prove to the Fox News croud is that no matter how significant the success, Fox aways says Obama never does anything right. Therefore, if I was wanting to put my faith in a reporter, I would want one that reports accurately and if that reporter does not considered this a huge success, I would find someone else to take my cues from.

Give Gretta a call..........

On the Record regards,

NCA

aandw
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM

PINHEADS & PATRIOTS
Pinhead!
Shannon Price
Read why...
Patriot!
Sandra Bullock
Read why...

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"It is the job of the federal government to protect the American people. In this case, the feds did not monitor BP closely enough. But that's history. Now the important thing is to clean up the Gulf and to help folks who have been harmed by the spill. BP should pay for all of that. All of it. And Mr. Obama was correct in bringing pressure on the company to pony up the money. I don't really care how the president did it. I'm happy there's $20 billion in play and more to come."

Bill O'Reilly on the June 17 edition
of The O'Reilly Factor

couldn't find a quote from greta van sustren. she is not as opinionated. didn't bother looking at hannity

dnf777
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Yes, you're right on the money with that! I pointed out some very significant items that Obama secured, including the escrow account (many of which republicans were calling for themselves!!) and all I got was some childish nursery-rhyme!

I guess some people just can't give credit, where credit is due. (nor accept responsibility, but that's a whole 'nother thread!)

I suppose its more fun to be a blind, insulting ideologue, than to work together for a common goal, and put differences aside.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 12:02 PM
What record do you want it on and who cares?
Off early from ihop?

Several of us "non-Rushites" have admitted Bush may have done a couple of good things in his tenure as POTUS. I am also curious to see if any of the Rushites can admit that Obama has done ONE thing that they can applaud. One would think getting a major international corporation to establish a fund to help save American jobs and ways of life, far in excess of the law, would garner some accolades??

Any takers? Great post, Sambo. Lets see what happens!

Matt McKenzie
06-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree that securing that escrow is a positive accomplishment. That said, there were some talking about suspending the dividend to support it. In my opinion, it isn't anyone's business what the dividend is except BP's stockholders and the BOD. How BP comes up with the money and what they chose to do within the company is nobody's business. The only matter of substance is that they pay the bill on the cleanup. The stockholders take a hit regardless of what happens with the dividend.

david gibson
06-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Several of us "non-Rushites" have admitted Bush may have done a couple of good things in his tenure as POTUS. I am also curious to see if any of the Rushites can admit that Obama has done ONE thing that they can applaud. One would think getting a major international corporation to establish a fund to help save American jobs and ways of life, far in excess of the law, would garner some accolades??

i'll bite. i do think BP should have put up the cash, and i am glad O did it, but i disagree with his rude and direct approach trying to sound tough. his chicago politics dont work well on the bigger stage. he sounds more and more like the punks from iran, venezuela, and n. korea. after becoming a laughingstock for his apology tour he tries to be tough and it rings hollow. his approval rating is dropping here and abroad.

so yeah - he did right to lock that money up beforehand, but he looked like an ass doing it.

gman0046
06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
It's just too bad the Messiah can't stop the leak. By the time this leak is over 20 Billion may not cover it. Lets face it, Obongo is helpless to stop the leak. What a disgrace for Americans having a Clown like him for our President. Any idea when he may tackle the Illegal Alien problem? Lets see how successful he is at that.

dnf777
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
i'll bite. i do think BP should have put up the cash, and i am glad O did it, but i disagree with his rude and direct approach trying to sound tough. his chicago politics dont work well on the bigger stage. he sounds more and more like the punks from iran, venezuela, and n. korea. after becoming a laughingstock for his apology tour he tries to be tough and it rings hollow. his approval rating is dropping here and abroad.

so yeah - he did right to lock that money up beforehand, but he looked like an ass doing it.

I stand happily corrected!

(and I was just kidding about Bush ever doing anything right!) :D

never mind me, I'm just havin' some Friday afternoon fun! Just went through a deposition for another physician, and like Rodney said, "I feel like I just gave birth......TO AN ACCOUNTANT!"

off topic, but after going through the legal process, for just one tiny little issue...I don't know how there is one tree left standing in the world. I literally have 2 full reams of neatly stacked papers of inane nonsense questions and answers from depositions...and this is just one person in one case! Surely this BP claims process will deplete the planet of every last tree by the time the paperwork is done!

menmon
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I agree that securing that escrow is a positive accomplishment. That said, there were some talking about suspending the dividend to support it. In my opinion, it isn't anyone's business what the dividend is except BP's stockholders and the BOD. How BP comes up with the money and what they chose to do within the company is nobody's business. The only matter of substance is that they pay the bill on the cleanup. The stockholders take a hit regardless of what happens with the dividend.

The reason for suspending the dividend is to assure there is adaquate cash flow to cover the liability of the spill. It would be a bad thing if they distributed money to pay a dividend and them could not cover their obligations to the gulf regions.

I'm pretty sure they understood that anyway. If you are a stockholder, you are an owner and this disaster falls upon you prorata to your ownership.

menmon
06-18-2010, 02:51 PM
It's just too bad the Messiah can't stop the leak. By the time this leak is over 20 Billion may not cover it. Lets face it, Obongo is helpless to stop the leak. What a disgrace for Americans having a Clown like him for our President. Any idea when he may tackle the Illegal Alien problem? Lets see how successful he is at that.

Exxon even admited that they didn't know how to stop the leak. Why do you want to change the immigration laws. Your Messiah Regan is who opened the floodgate anyway. Just think, you couldn't get your yard mowed for $20 anymore, much less get you house cleaned for $40.

Buzz
06-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty sure they understood that anyway. If you are a stockholder, you are an owner and this disaster falls upon you prorata to your ownership.

I don't know how this escapes people. Like I said earlier, you invest your money, you takes your chances.

depittydawg
06-18-2010, 04:47 PM

I agree with this. Obama has now smashed another Republican bad policy. The Bush era saw the climax of the externalization of costs for big business. The Bank Bailout orgy was the climax. Mismanaged risk being passed on to tax payers was the Bush legacy. Obama has just delivered a wake up call to every corporation on the landscape. You screw up, YOU pay. I think us lib's like to call that Capitalism. Isn't it grand!

Captain Mike D
06-18-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah, but will Joe Biden go to jail for fraud and extortion based on his leaning over the table and telling the BP officials they better do it, or the Government was going to seize it?

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
FIX THE LEAK....#1
THEN INQUIRE IF IT WAS NEGLIGENCE.....#2
THEN HOLD YOUR WITCH HUNTS.....#3
THEN PLACE BLAME.....#4
THEN HOLD A PERSON OR COMPANY RESPONSIBLE....

This administration is more concerned with MONEY and who's gonna pay it (BP) then they are with SOLVING the problem....

In the fire service....we dont pull up to your house and say to you...hold on here we need to wait untill the fire investigator gets here and ask's you some questions.....and then sit by while the house is burning...then the investigator gets there and ask's you, hey now did you leave a curling iron on, or did you by chance stick a newspaper in the toaster.....

all the while your screaming FORGET THAT WE'LL TALK ABOUT THAT LATER....PUT MY DAMN HOUSE FIRE OUT...

and then have the investigator say well we need to let this house burn to the ground and get these questions answered so we can know where to place the blame and get our fire department reimbursed for the work we did....

Im just saying....CART IS BEFORE THE HORSE, regards...

NCA

caryalsobrook
06-18-2010, 05:42 PM

Question. You said that BP extablished the fund. Are they establishing the fund or are they only providing the money for a fund established by Obama???

caryalsobrook
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between the two.

huntinman
06-18-2010, 09:15 PM
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between the two.

You are right and Obamas pay Czar is the "independant 3rd party" who is going to administrate the shakedown fund.

dnf777
06-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Question. You said that BP extablished the fund. Are they establishing the fund or are they only providing the money for a fund established by Obama???

Ever heard of "google"? It will link you to many different sources of information that can answer your question.

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes, you're right on the money with that! I pointed out some very significant items that Obama secured, including the escrow account (many of which republicans were calling for themselves!!) and all I got was some childish nursery-rhyme!

I guess some people just can't give credit, where credit is due. (nor accept responsibility, but that's a whole 'nother thread!)

I suppose its more fun to be a blind, insulting ideologue, than to work together for a common goal, and put differences aside.

Ever heard of "google"? It will link you to many different sources of information that can answer your question.

Actually, Caryalsobrook...you should have noticed that DNF already answered your question before you even posted it....he specifically said that OBAMA established the fund...(see above)

And DNF....a proper response to his question wouldnt have been what you snarkely stated (see above) a proper response would have been.....I actually already answered your question and I stated that from the research or information I have been given I feel OBAMA established the fund by pressuring BP to set up the escrow account, BUT if you wish to reasearch yourself you should be able to form your own opinion of what happened and a good way to do it would be by using GOOGLE.

SNARKY regards ;-);-)

NCA

dnf777
06-20-2010, 05:28 AM
This is getting a little silly. Obama sat down with BP, and came out with a $20 billion escrow to help the people of the gulf coast. If Jindal had done that, or Barber, we'd be singing Allejuha at the top of our voices! Give me a break! You will legally twist the term "establish" to fit your hatred of our POTUS, so my answering the question, in the face of obvious success for a change, is fruitless. Have a good w/e, what's left anyway.

caryalsobrook
06-20-2010, 07:51 AM
This is getting a little silly. Obama sat down with BP, and came out with a $20 billion escrow to help the people of the gulf coast. If Jindal had done that, or Barber, we'd be singing Allejuha at the top of our voices! Give me a break! You will legally twist the term "establish" to fit your hatred of our POTUS, so my answering the question, in the face of obvious success for a change, is fruitless. Have a good w/e, what's left anyway.

I asked the question about who established the fund because I suspect that they would be the ones to determine how the money is distributed.Thought it was a legitimate question but I guess that was stupid on my part. Never thought about hating anyone much less someone I don't know, and I don't know BO. I am just learning about his policies. So I guess my stupid question got a stupid answer. Sorry to take anyone's time.

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2010, 08:18 AM
I asked the question about who established the fund because I suspect that they would be the ones to determine how the money is distributed.Thought it was a legitimate question but I guess that was stupid on my part. Never thought about hating anyone much less someone I don't know, and I don't know BO. I am just learning about his policies. So I guess my stupid question got a stupid answer. Sorry to take anyone's time.

You didn't. Dave is just grumpy when he has to work weekends.

dnf777
06-20-2010, 03:39 PM
You didn't. Dave is just grumpy when he has to work weekends.

Wrong again! I've been on Yellowcreek Lake sailing with my family, and my 90 year old democrat union coal-miner Grandfather! Couldn't be happier, spending the Father's Day weekend with a true American hero!

The escrow fund has explicitly defined who will manage the funds and the allocation of claims. The same guy who handled 9-11 with bipartisan support and trust. This is just more political Obama bashing, and its silly.

If I look like I'm grumpy....or working....we got a different take on life!!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/DSC_0081.jpg

Jay Dufour
06-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Lets see how the third party boy pisses it away !!!!

M&K's Retrievers
06-20-2010, 04:18 PM

If I look like I'm grumpy....or working....we got a different take on life!!

I don't see a cooler full of ice cold Bud.

caryalsobrook
06-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Who hired the guy? Who does he work for? Bipartisan support?? Was he chosen by a congressional bill passed by Congress?? It's just that when I worked for somebody then I pretty much followed his directives. That doesn't mean I hated him or anything like that. Just that he was my boss.

Franco
06-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Personal Injury attorneys are smiling ear to ear since they'll be getting half to one-third of this fund! Same guys Obama wouldn't touch with his Health Care debacle. Should be very interesting to see who gets what.

Remember Cash For Clunkers? The administration told car dealers they would get thier money in 10 days. They use governemnt provided forms and it was still a mess with many not getting thier money for over 120 days.

BP attorneys are no dummies. This may have goten them off the hook for a much bigger liability. Oh, and never trust this administration to get anything right.

Marvin S
06-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Personal Injury attorneys are smiling ear to ear since they'll be getting half to one-third of this fund! Same guys Obama wouldn't touch with his Health Care debacle. Should be very interesting to see who gets what.

Remember Cash For Clunkers? The administration told car dealers they would get thier money in 10 days. They use governemnt provided forms and it was still a mess with many not getting thier money for over 120 days.

BP attorneys are no dummies. This may have goten them off the hook for a much bigger liability. Oh, and never trust this administration to get anything right.

You're over the IHOP kid's head, he wouldn't understand a multiple sequence issue.

FNM went from .93 to .35 this week, was delisted from the NYSE. Just to help IHOP along that's a 62.37% drop. FNM is the government entity that was in charge of exchanging mortgages which was normally headed by partisan D's. Substantial bonuses were paid including over 50 mil to Franklin Raines. Oh, & Obongo got substantial donates along with the guy whose ramming his financial reform bill thru congress, Chris, Barney, Charly, Chuck & others. Where's the outrage from this administration?

You would think IHOP to be more outraged & qualified to input on this if he were what he claims to be ;-).

Franco
06-20-2010, 06:09 PM
You're over the IHOP kid's head, he wouldn't understand a multiple sequence issue.

FNM went from .93 to .35 this week, was delisted from the NYSE. Just to help IHOP along that's a 62.37% drop. FNM is the government entity that was in charge of exchanging mortgages which was normally headed by partisan D's. Substantial bonuses were paid including over 50 mil to Franklin Raines. Oh, & Obongo got substantial donates along with the guy whose ramming his financial reform bill thru congress, Chris, Barney, Charly, Chuck & others. Where's the outrage from this administration?

You would think IHOP to be more outraged & qualified to input on this if he were what he claims to be ;-).

Fannie and Freddie had record bad mortgages in 2009. The administration is using the situation in the gulf as cover. Rahm Emmauel said today that they would use Sen Buton's comments against the GOP in Novemner. What about thier own accountability?

dnf777
06-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't see a cooler full of ice cold Bud.

We had to keep it out of sight. Not allowed in the park. :cool:

gman0046
06-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Must be a bad day in Franklin,Pa.

luvmylabs23139
06-20-2010, 10:28 PM

BP should have had some guts and told BUMFACE to shove it up his a**.

Maybe we should use BUMMA to plug the leak.

menmon
06-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I assure you that the $20B will not be spent to the liking of everyone, but the good news is there is $20B that will find its way to many people that have been effected by this and no limit on the liability of BP and the other parties involved.

As for plugging the leak, I bank many oil service companies, and have been told by more than one, the only way to stop it is with the relief wells. They told me this at the begining too.

Anyway, I hope they can get rid of the oil slicks before our teal start coming down in September.

depittydawg
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Fannie and Freddie had record bad mortgages in 2009. The administration is using the situation in the gulf as cover. Rahm Emmauel said today that they would use Sen Buton's comments against the GOP in Novemner. What about thier own accountability?

I'm pretty sure the RNC and its minions will hold democrats feet to the fire over any issues available, either legitimate or not.

david gibson
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the RNC and its minions will hold democrats feet to the fire over any issues available, either legitimate or not.

so barney frank and chris dodd saying 2 or 3 yrs ago that "fannie mae is in great shape! everything is just peachy!" means nothing to you???

depittydawg
06-21-2010, 05:48 PM
BP should have had some guts and told BUMFACE to shove it up his a**.

Maybe we should use BUMMA to plug the leak.

It would have been an interesting test. I suppose the Commander Guy could have declared a national emergency and seized assets. Obviously that is within his power as President. Personally, I think the idea of the trust fund was probably BP's, not the President's.

depittydawg
06-21-2010, 05:56 PM
so barney frank and chris dodd saying 2 or 3 yrs ago that "fannie mae is in great shape! everything is just peachy!" means nothing to you???

Not sure how you make the leap from what I said to this; but yes, it means something to me. Although at this point, I'm more focused on the reform that is occurring now, than what happened in the past. I'm not a partisan hack, like most of the extremists around here. There's plenty of blame for democratic as well as republican leadership.

gman0046
06-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey dipitty can you tell us what great Obongo reform your talking about? Whose been running Fannie Mae since Obongo's been in office the last 11/2 years? Judicial Watch just listed Queenie Frank and Dodd as in the top 10 most corrupt politicians of 2009. As a matter of fact 10 of the top 11 are Democrats ( there was a tie for 6th place) therefore 11 instead of 10. Obongo's not far behind as he's the largest recipient of donations from BP. Want to comment on that?

dnf777
06-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Hey dipitty can you tell us what great Obongo reform your talking about? Whose been running Fannie Mae since Obongo's been in office the last 11/2 years? Judicial Watch just listed Queenie Frank and Dodd as in the top 10 most corrupt politicians of 2009. As a matter of fact 10 of the top 11 are Democrats ( there was a tie for 6th place) therefore 11 instead of 10. Obongo's not far behind as he's the largest recipient of donations from BP. Want to comment on that?

It's easy. First you attack the messenger. Smear the source, and then find wing-nut ideological websites that promote YOUR point of view and contest the poster. Then call either the poster or their dog in the race names, and insult them. THEN, you will have a legitimate comment here on POTUS! (you know, like Obummer, bambi, Obongo.....that seals the message!) Oh, then deny any responsibility for recent deficit spending, and just blame the other guy. But whatever you do, do NOT offer any solutions to the problems facing America. Just blame the other guy, and you'll be fine. ;-)

depittydawg
06-22-2010, 02:17 AM
It's easy. First you attack the messenger. Smear the source, and then find wing-nut ideological websites that promote YOUR point of view and contest the poster. Then call either the poster or their dog in the race names, and insult them. THEN, you will have a legitimate comment here on POTUS! (you know, like Obummer, bambi, Obongo.....that seals the message!) Oh, then deny any responsibility for recent deficit spending, and just blame the other guy. But whatever you do, do NOT offer any solutions to the problems facing America. Just blame the other guy, and you'll be fine. ;-)

Don't be to hard on him. He's just following his programming. You have to remember, republican leadership and their propaganda machines have followed the scrip you laid out (perfectly I might add) since Bush the Elder started taking orders from Lee Atwater. It was perfected by Karl Rove, who has to be the most effective propagandist since Joseph Goebbels. I find it amazing, and a little scary, to observe otherwise good decent Americans lowered to this state of servitude such self serving masters.

depittydawg
06-22-2010, 02:27 AM

The only politician that received more money from BP in the 2008 campaign was ....................................... Drum roll Please.........................................
JOHN McCAIN. On a serious note, does it bother you that your politicians are bought and paid for by Large Multi-National Corporations? Then get your head out of your ass and quit supporting The Republican Party who keeps putting Justices on the Supreme Court that make it more and more easy for Corporations to buy your politicians

dnf777
06-22-2010, 02:57 AM
quit supporting The Republican Party who keeps putting Justices on the Supreme Court that make it more and more easy for Corporations to buy your politicians

That may be the biggest threat facing our future as we know it. I'm not giving left-leaning judges a pass on this one either, as we saw the gov't's powers to seize property for private use (under the pretense of public use) expand greatly last year, with their help.

While we sit and bicker and call each other names, the MNCs are buying and selling BOTH parties, and grabbing power away from all of us, one congressional seat, or one judicial bench at a time.

dnf777
06-22-2010, 03:06 AM
Don't be to hard on him. He's just following his programming. You have to remember, republican leadership and their propaganda machines have followed the scrip you laid out (perfectly I might add) since Bush the Elder started taking orders from Lee Atwater. It was perfected by Karl Rove, who has to be the most effective propagandist since Joseph Goebbels. I find it amazing, and a little scary, to observe otherwise good decent Americans lowered to this state of servitude such self serving masters.

Speaking of Lee Atwater, in his twilight days he gave this incredible summary of the Reagan-Bush era, that we could all learn from......

My illness helped me to see that what was missing in society is what was missing in me: a little heart, a lot of brotherhood. The '80s were about acquiring acquiring wealth, power, prestige. I know. I acquired more wealth, power, and prestige than most. But you can acquire all you want and still feel empty. What power wouldn't I trade for a little more time with my family? What price wouldn't I pay for an evening with friends? It took a deadly illness to put me eye to eye with that truth, but it is a truth that the country, caught up in its ruthless ambitions and moral decay, can learn on my dime. I don't know who will lead us through the '90s, but they must be made to speak to this spiritual vacuum at the heart of American society, this tumor of the soul.

Unfortunately, his message seems to have gone unheeded.