PDA

View Full Version : Should Obama resign?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Should Obama Resign Over February 13?
By Kevin McCullough

While defending his own policies President Obama has routinely been rude and sarcastic to his predecessor, George W. Bush. Yet Obama appears to be making the resident of the previous White House look like a genius compared to his own serious missteps in office.

Case in point – Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's performance and the communication of priorities on the issue of oil rig safety in the Gulf of Mexico.

It seems incomprehensible that the president and other members of the administration still have jobs when it is now being reported that the federal government was apprised by BP on February 13 that the Deepwater Horizon oil rig was leaking oil and natural gas into the ocean floor.

In fact, according to documents in the administration's possession, BP was fighting large cracks at the base of the well for roughly ten days in early February.

Further it seems the administration was also informed about this development, six weeks before to the rig's fatal explosion when an engineer from the University of California, Berkeley, announced to the world a near miss of an explosion on the rig by stating, "They damn near blew up the rig."

It's also now being reported that BP was asking for the administration's help on this matter long before the deadly accident and the now gushing well of tar.

Which leads me to some questions for the president. If I were in front row of reporters in the White House briefing room, here’s what I’d like to know:

1. It appears, Mr. President, that you were informed by BP about problems on Deepwater Horizon on February 13 and the company wanted your help. What did you say?

2. Given this new revelation, Mr. President, how can you can sleep at night knowing that your inaction cost the lives of eleven men in Louisiana?

3. Did you inform the victims' families about these facts when you invited them to the White House for last month's photo op?

4. You've said, Mr. President, time and again, that the buck stops with you. Doesn’t that statement seem like something bordering on propaganda when you follow it up with what appears to be a false sense of outrage by telling Matt Lauer that you're looking for rear ends to kick?

5. Does the buck stop with you… or not?

6. Are you going to insist that Mr. Salazar step down from his post in disgrace and shame?

7. Will you hold another prime time television press conference and tell the entire truth to the American people? -- These would be the actions of a man who says that the buck "stops" with him.

8. I know when this news was breaking midday on Saturday about the latest BP developments that you and the Vice President were out on the golf course. Was it 39th or 40th time you've played a round in 18 months? (Just for a point of reference President Bush played golf 24 times in eight years.) Never mind, your priorities are for you to decide. At least until election night...

And now here's where I would not be able to stop myself from saying more...

It is one thing, Mr. President, to be forced to deal with unexpected circumstances and to have to deal with genuinely new problems. President Bush sure had to. He had to respond to an attack on our homeland that took the lives of 3,000 of our fellow citizens. But on his watch no other terrorist actions took lives of Americans on our soil, largely due to his steadfast leadership and willingness to accept no excuses on the matter.

But Mr. President, you seem to have very little leadership experience and it appears you have even less skill. Being a good dad and nice guy who sees the world as he wishes it to be is not exactly a resume of exacting leadership.

Your advisers have failed you and you have failed the American people on nearly everything we've asked of you.

Where you go from here is really your call, but you should consider two options if you genuinely love the country you work for and those of us you report to.

First, change your tactics. Second, appear to care. Attempt to engage and empower Americans who can and will go solve this mess.

Otherwise resign.

For the good of the nation, for your own children's future, change your patterns or change your path... but change!

You do remember that word don't you, Mr. President?

Kevin McCullough is the nationally syndicated host of "'Baldwin/McCullough Radio" now heard on 213 stations and columnist based in New York. He blogs at www.muscleheadrevolution.comHis second book "The Kind Of MAN Every Man SHOULD Be is in stores now. And host of "The Kevin McCullough Show" weekdays 7a-9am EST on Sirius 161/XM 227.

Franco
06-21-2010, 02:17 PM
If it can be proven, a Congressional Hearing is in order.

Lets face it, the Dems are going to use Sen Barton's comments against the GOP in November. This wouldd certainly turn the table.

huntinman
06-21-2010, 02:26 PM

Lets face it, the Dems are going to use Sen Barton's comments against the GOP in November. This wouldd certainly turn the table.

If this is true, it is much more serious than a dumb comment by one senator. Hell, if they get punished for saying something stupid, you could kick them all out of office on both side of the aisle.

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Why would Obama resign? Did Dumbya resign after being told that Al queda may use airplanes in an attack on the US and then the next month flew 2 planes into the World Trade Center? Did Dumbya resign when after attacking Iraq, no weapons of mass destruction were found? Did Dumbya resign when he lied to the American people?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Why would Obama resign? Did Dumbya resign after being told that Al queda may use airplanes in an attack on the US and then the next month flew 2 planes into the World Trade Center? Did Dumbya resign when after attacking Iraq, no weapons of mass destruction were found? Did Dumbya resign when he lied to the American people?

Roger, is that you or do you have your computer rigged to respond to everything with your drivel about Bush? You are more predictable that Obama.... well, maybe not.

Buzz
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
By Kevin McCullough

While defending his own policies President Obama has routinely been rude and sarcastic to his predecessor, George W. Bush. Yet Obama appears to be making the resident of the previous White House look like a genius compared to his own serious missteps in office.

8. I know when this news was breaking midday on Saturday about the latest BP developments that you and the Vice President were out on the golf course. Was it 39th or 40th time you've played a round in 18 months? (Just for a point of reference President Bush played golf 24 times in eight years.) Never mind, your priorities are for you to decide. At least until election night...

It is one thing, Mr. President, to be forced to deal with unexpected circumstances and to have to deal with genuinely new problems. President Bush sure had to. He had to respond to an attack on our homeland that took the lives of 3,000 of our fellow citizens. But on his watch no other terrorist actions took lives of Americans on our soil, largely due to his steadfast leadership and willingness to accept no excuses on the matter.

The article mentions Bush 3 times. God forbid that Roger might bring him up. I can't tune in RW radio without hearing Obama compared to Bush every 30 seconds. If you are not a winger however, you have no right to mention he who's name must not be spoken...

How many vacation days did Bush take when he was in office. Do I have to look that one up again? I guess golf is way different than a day cutting brush.

david gibson
06-21-2010, 02:55 PM

STFU already about no WMD. clinton and kerry and a host of other democrats were in total agreement with Bush until, and only until, it began to become politically expedient for them to not be.

"i voted for the war before i voted against it" puhlease.

yeah - they could do this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/sandplanes.asp
http://www.snopes.com/photos/small/mig01_small.jpg

yet you fail to believe they could do the same with WMD? and why was this never covered by the MSM? your argument rings hollow with us, save your breath. i am sure you need it whilst drowning in all this hope and change we are all experiencing.......

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
STFU already about no WMD. clinton and kerry and a host of other democrats were in total agreement with Bush until, and only until, it began to become politically expedient for them to not be.

"i voted for the war before i voted against it" puhlease.

yeah - they could do this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/sandplanes.asp
http://www.snopes.com/photos/small/mig01_small.jpg

yet you fail to believe they could do the same with WMD? and why was this never covered by the MSM? your argument rings hollow with us, save your breath. i am sure you need it whilst drowning in all this hope and change we are all experiencing.......

We all (including me), Congress and the American people believed Dumbya when he stated with such certainty that Iraq had WMD and we would have to go to war with Iraq to rid them of WMD. Who would have expected the President of the United States to lie about such a thing? Surely not me, Congress or the American people. Yet there not any WMD to be found there, so what was the point of attacking Iraq other than to satisfy Dumbya's ego? Oil maybe?

pat addis
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM

i didn't like bush (but voted for him) but can we stay on the sublect on wheather obama knew about the leak or not is it true? i had not heard of this.

david gibson
06-21-2010, 03:13 PM
We all (including me), Congress and the American people believed Dumbya when he stated with such certainty that Iraq had WMD and we would have to go to war with Iraq to rid them of WMD. Who would have expected the President of the United States to lie about such a thing? Surely not me, Congress or the American people. Yet there not any WMD to be found there, so what was the point of attacking Iraq other than to satisfy Dumbya's ego? Oil maybe?

kerry and clinton and all the other democrats did not base their opinion that iraq had WMD just because bush told them. they had access to all the same intelligence and made their own decisions.

30-40 jets buried? WMD would be much easier, without pesky tail fins sticking up so far.

""Something as big as an airplane that's within . . . a stone's throw of where you're functioning, and you don't know it's there because you don't run around digging into everything on a discovery process," so until you find somebody who tells you where to look, or until nature clears some sand away and exposes something over time, we're simply not going to know.

"But, as we all know," he added, "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

now, one last time - Bush is gone. he is happy hanging out in central texas. its time for you to get some validity somehow.

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Roger, is that you or do you have your computer rigged to respond to everything with your drivel about Bush? You are more predictable that Obama.... well, maybe not.

You mentioned that 11 people died in the BP oil well explosion. Yet you did not mention that 3,000 people died in the World Trade Center, over 4,000 of our military have died in Iraq and hundreds of thousands of Iraq's citizens have died since the invasion (more dead Iraq citizens than Saddam Hussain was responsible for). Can you expound on that?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Typical lib debate technique. When you have no valid argument, change the subject and attack Bush... Neither of you lefties addressed the allegation from the article, just immediately with the Bush this or that. What about your boy in the WH and the info he had prior to the explosion?? Should your boy do the right thing and resign or should we impeach him?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
You mentioned that 11 people died in the BP oil well explosion. Yet you did not mention that 3,000 people died in the World Trade Center, over 4,000 of our military have died in Iraq and hundreds of thousands of Iraq's citizens have died since the invasion (more dead Iraq citizens than Saddam Hussain was responsible for). Can you expound on that?

Yes, that debate has been done ad infinitum. Get over it ya'll lost that debate too. Stick to the subject of the thread or start a new thread.

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Typical lib debate technique. When you have no valid argument, change the subject and attack Bush... Neither of you lefties addressed the allegation from the article, just immediately with the Bush this or that. What about your boy in the WH and the info he had prior to the explosion?? Should your boy do the right thing and resign or should we impeach him?

Other than the right wing wacko you quoted, is there any otherreports of the white house (specifically President Obama) knowing about the oil and gas leak on February 13th? or is that your only source?

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes, that debate has been done ad infinitum. Get over it ya'll lost that debate too. Stick to the subject of the thread or start a new thread.

What debate? I suppose it is our imagination that hundreds of thousands of people died because of the invasion of Iraq?f Maybe it was all a dream and never happened.

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Other than the right wing wacko you quoted, is there any otherreports of the white house (specifically President Obama) knowing about the oil and gas leak on February 13th? or is that your only source?

Just found this one, hopefully more to come... Just like when the WH tried to buy off senate candidates, the story may not develop as quickly as one would like. Tough to get the truth when the media is in Bambi's lap.

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Just found this one, hopefully more to come... Just like the WH try to buy off senate candidates, the story may not develop as quickly as one would like. Tough to get the truth when the media is in Bambi's lap.

So just because some right wing wacko says it's so makes it the truth? Come on now, chicken little, the sky is falling.

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM
to quote a famous lib, Dan Rather..."It matters not whether it is true, it is the seriousness of the charge."

Now, I don't believe that...but libs like to use it when they are accusing normal people of something, so I'm using it here. Why didn't your boy do something when he knew that rig could blow months ahead of time?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:36 PM
So just because some right wing wacko says it's so makes it the truth? Come on now, chicken little, the sky is falling.

Nope, the sky already fell when you guys put an incompetent man-child in the WH.

troy schwab
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
YEP! Or at least I can dream.......

Buzz
06-21-2010, 03:37 PM

This is the only thing I was able to find.

It is about cracks in the rock that they were trying to seal.

It is clear that Kevin McCullough did not understand what he was reading when he stated that there were cracks that were leaking oil and natural gas. What was happening that drilling mud was leaking into the cracks, and they were trying to fill them with concrete. I wonder if he knows what drilling mud is used for?

I find the information about surging gas in March to be more alarming.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-17/bp-struggled-with-cracks-in-gulf-well-as-early-as-february-documents-show.html

BP Plc was struggling to seal cracks in its Macondo well as far back as February, more than two months before an explosion killed 11 and spewed oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

It took 10 days to plug the first cracks, according to reports BP filed with the Minerals Management Service that were later delivered to congressional investigators. Cracks in the surrounding rock continued to complicate the drilling operation during the ensuing weeks. Left unsealed, they can allow explosive natural gas to rush up the shaft.

“Once they realized they had oil down there, all the decisions they made were designed to get that oil at the lowest cost,” said Peter Galvin of the Center for Biological Diversity, which has been working with congressional investigators probing the disaster. “It’s been a doomed voyage from the beginning.”

BP didn’t respond to calls and e-mails seeking comment. The company’s shares rose 22 pence to 359 pence today in London after the company struck a deal with the Obama administration yesterday to establish a $20 billion fund to pay cleanup costs and compensation. BP has lost 45 percent of its market value since the catastrophe.

On Feb. 13, BP told the minerals service it was trying to seal cracks in the well about 40 miles (64 kilometers) off the Louisiana coast, drilling documents obtained by Bloomberg show. Investigators are still trying to determine whether the fissures played a role in the disaster.

‘Cement Squeeze’

The company attempted a “cement squeeze,” which involves pumping cement to seal the fissures, according to a well activity report. Over the following week the company made repeated attempts to plug cracks that were draining expensive drilling fluid, known as “mud,” into the surrounding rocks.

BP used three different substances to plug the holes before succeeding, the documents show.

“Most of the time you do a squeeze and then let it dry and you’re done,” said John Wang, an assistant professor of petroleum and natural gas engineering at Penn State in University Park, Pennsylvania. “It dries within a few hours.”

Repeated squeeze attempts are unusual and may indicate rig workers are using the wrong kind of cement, Wang said.

Grappling Engineers

BP Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward and other top executives were ignorant of the difficulties the company’s engineers were grappling with in the well before the explosion, U.S. Representative Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said today during a hearing in Washington.

“We could find no evidence that you paid any attention to the tremendous risk BP was taking,” Waxman said as Hayward waited to testify. “There is not a single e-mail or document that you paid the slightest attention to the dangers at this well.”

BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles and exploration chief Andy Inglis “were apparently oblivious to what was happening,” said Waxman, a California Democrat. “BP’s corporate complacency is astonishing.”

In early March, BP told the minerals agency the company was having trouble maintaining control of surging natural gas, according to e-mails released May 30 by the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which is investigating the spill.

Gas Surges

While gas surges are common in oil drilling, companies have abandoned wells if they determine the risk is too high. When a Gulf well known as Blackbeard threatened to blow out in 2006, Exxon Mobil Corp. shut the project down.

“We don’t proceed if we cannot do so safely,” Exxon Chief Executive Officer Rex Tillerson told a House Energy and Commerce committee panel on June 15.

On March 10, BP executive Scherie Douglas e-mailed Frank Patton, the mineral service’s drilling engineer for the New Orleans district, telling him: “We’re in the midst of a well control situation.”

The incident was a “showstopper,” said Robert Bea, an engineering professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who has consulted with the Interior Department on offshore drilling safety. “They damn near blew up the rig.”

To contact the reporters on this story: Alison Fitzgerald in Washington at afitzgerald2@bloomberg.net; Joe Carroll in Washington at jcarroll8@bloomberg.net

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:43 PM
to quote a famous lib, Dan Rather..."It matters not whether it is true, it is the seriousness of the charge."

Now, I don't believe that...but libs like to use it when they are accusing normal people of something, so I'm using it here. Why didn't your boy do something when he knew that rig could blow months ahead of time?

Again, you do not quote a reliable source, just some right wing wacko that wrote a blog. Prove to me and the others that president Obama knew of the gas and oil leak as early as February 13th. By the way, what makes you think that someone would go running into President Obama's office and inform him of an oil leak? That does not sould like a national security issue or something that the President of the United States would have to know. Does the President of the United States get notified of every fire that breaks out across the country or of every person shot or killed in the U.S.?

huntinman
06-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Again, you do not quote a reliable source, just some right wing wacko that wrote a blog. Prove to me and the others that president Obama knew of the gas and oil leak as early as February 13th. By the way, what makes you think that someone would go running into President Obama's office and inform him of an oil leak? That does not sould like a national security issue or something that the President of the United States would have to know. Does the President of the United States get notified of every fire that breaks out across the country or of every person shot or killed in the U.S.?

Well, looking at the "oil leak", I think it is at the level of a National Security issue.

You are right, I would not expect this President to interupt his golf game, baseball game, or hob-nobbing with hollywood types to inform himself of something like a "little ole oil leak". He's way too busy to worry himself with such trivial stuff.

Roger Perry
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Do you have trouble seeing the BP oil well distaster for who is really to blame? It is BP's oil well that exploded and sank killing 11 workers because BP failed to follow safety procedures. The White House did not drill the well or cause the explosion. Why don't you put the blame where it is deserved in BP's lap.

Buzz
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, looking at the "oil leak", I think it is at the level of a National Security issue.

You are right, I would not expect this President to interupt his golf game, baseball game, or hob-nobbibg with hollywood types to inform himself of something like a "little ole oil leak". He's way too busy to worry himself with such tribial stuff.

Did you read the article I posted? In February there was no oil leak. They were having issues with cracks in the rock adjacent to the bore hole.

Buzz
06-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Do you have trouble seeing the BP oil well distaster for who is really to blame? It is BP's oil well that exploded and sank killing 11 workers because BP failed to follow safety procedures. The White House did not drill the well or cause the explosion. Why don't you put the blame where it is deserved in BP's lap.

He's too busy jumping up and down in anger at the "shakedown" of BP.

huntinman
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
He's too busy jumping up and down in anger at the "shakedown" of BP.

I agree that is BP's fault and they should pay. I also agree with Buzz's characterization of of Obama's "shakedown". Fits right in with the Chicago way. No wonder he and Blago got along so well, along with Rahmbo they are some of the slimiest politicians of all time.

You guys can try all you want to defend your boy, but the bloom is off the rose, the magic is gone, the telepromter has lost it's touch. Enjoy the D's remaining time in power, they are going down in Nov.

gman0046
06-21-2010, 04:34 PM
huntinman, you are right on. Obongo has been exposed for the imbecile he is. They will go down in November. Real Americans are ready to take back our country. Not a day goes by that more slime doesn't emerge about the Obongo administration.

david gibson
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
huntinman, you are right on. Obongo has been exposed for the imbecile he is. They will go down in November. Real Americans are ready to take back our country. Not a day goes by that more slime doesn't emerge about the Obongo administration.

agreed, but he will never resign. he will cry and whine forever.

Baharec
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Obama should spend way more time on what is going on and reacting to the situation and get it under control. That being said, the company that owned this rig should be held responsible for their actions. It had to be the British company that did this, they have never liked us and it makes you think how much of this was an actual accident? Think about it, do the British like us at all? I wouldn't put this kind of action past them.

M&K's Retrievers
06-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes. ......

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-22-2010, 01:01 AM

BP's fault huh....the United States government and all of its departments for this and departments for that and councils for this and that and boards of this and that and pannels, agencies, commissions etc. etc. etc. HAD TO SIGN OFF ON ALL OF THE SAFTEY PROCESSES and PRATICES.

so who was asleep at the switch......BP or the agency that watches the agency that watches the council that watches the board that watches the department that oversee's the group that is responsible....

Ohhhh I see this is another reason to have a pannel do a review to implement another group to oversee the board, that watches...ohhhhhh you get the picture

GOVERNMENT GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!!

NCA

Buzz
06-22-2010, 07:57 AM

NCA

I want the Republicans to run on this in 2010 in the worst way.

huntinman
06-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I want the Republicans to run on this in 2010 in the worst way.

Hopefully, you will be obliged... Most of the country agrees with NCA.

menmon
06-22-2010, 08:53 AM
By Kevin McCullough

Case in point – Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's performance and the communication of priorities on the issue of oil rig safety in the Gulf of Mexico.

It seems incomprehensible that the president and other members of the administration still have jobs when it is now being reported that the federal government was apprised by BP on February 13 that the Deepwater Horizon oil rig was leaking oil and natural gas into the ocean floor.

In fact, according to documents in the administration's possession, BP was fighting large cracks at the base of the well for roughly ten days in early February.

Further it seems the administration was also informed about this development, six weeks before to the rig's fatal explosion when an engineer from the University of California, Berkeley, announced to the world a near miss of an explosion on the rig by stating, "They damn near blew up the rig."

It's also now being reported that BP was asking for the administration's help on this matter long before the deadly accident and the now gushing well of tar.

Which leads me to some questions for the president. If I were in front row of reporters in the White House briefing room, here’s what I’d like to know:

1. It appears, Mr. President, that you were informed by BP about problems on Deepwater Horizon on February 13 and the company wanted your help. What did you say?

2. Given this new revelation, Mr. President, how can you can sleep at night knowing that your inaction cost the lives of eleven men in Louisiana?

3. Did you inform the victims' families about these facts when you invited them to the White House for last month's photo op?

4. You've said, Mr. President, time and again, that the buck stops with you. Doesn’t that statement seem like something bordering on propaganda when you follow it up with what appears to be a false sense of outrage by telling Matt Lauer that you're looking for rear ends to kick?

5. Does the buck stop with you… or not?

6. Are you going to insist that Mr. Salazar step down from his post in disgrace and shame?

7. Will you hold another prime time television press conference and tell the entire truth to the American people? -- These would be the actions of a man who says that the buck "stops" with him.

And now here's where I would not be able to stop myself from saying more...

But Mr. President, you seem to have very little leadership experience and it appears you have even less skill. Being a good dad and nice guy who sees the world as he wishes it to be is not exactly a resume of exacting leadership.

Your advisers have failed you and you have failed the American people on nearly everything we've asked of you.

Where you go from here is really your call, but you should consider two options if you genuinely love the country you work for and those of us you report to.

First, change your tactics. Second, appear to care. Attempt to engage and empower Americans who can and will go solve this mess.

Otherwise resign.

For the good of the nation, for your own children's future, change your patterns or change your path... but change!

You do remember that word don't you, Mr. President?

Kevin McCullough is the nationally syndicated host of "'Baldwin/McCullough Radio" now heard on 213 stations and columnist based in New York. He blogs at www.muscleheadrevolution.comHis second book "The Kind Of MAN Every Man SHOULD Be is in stores now. And host of "The Kevin McCullough Show" weekdays 7a-9am EST on Sirius 161/XM 227.

The fact that you even read this says very little about you. I assure you there is not an ounce of truth in this at all. Just more lies designed for the unintelligent. Surely you give this forum more credit than this.

huntinman
06-22-2010, 08:58 AM
The fact that you even read this says very little about you. I assure you there is not an ounce of truth in this at all. Just more lies designed for the unintelligent. Surely you give this forum more credit than this.

Say what you want, how did you get out of the kitchen? Some on this forum display quite a bit of common sense and love for our country. From what I have read from you, I don't think you are among them. How can you asure anyone there is not an ounce of truth in anything? Do you have direct access to the president? Or for that matter, drilling rigs in the gulf? If not, you are just protecting your boy.

menmon
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Say what you want, how did you get out of the kitchen? Some on this forum display quite a bit of common sense and love for our country. From what I have read from you, I don't think you are among them. How can you asure anyone there is not an ounce of truth in anything? Do you have direct access to the president? Or for that matter, drilling rigs in the gulf? If not, you are just protecting your boy.

I have work with the oil industry for 30 years and I know that no call the president of the USA for help.

Roger Perry
06-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Did you read the article I posted? In February there was no oil leak. They were having issues with cracks in the rock adjacent to the bore hole.

Of course they do not read the article you posted. The right wing wacko's are only interested in anything negative printed about Obama.

Roger Perry
06-22-2010, 11:10 AM

You are right, I would not expect this President to interupt his golf game, baseball game, or hob-nobbing with hollywood types to inform himself of something like a "little ole oil leak". He's way too busy to worry himself with such tribial stuff.

I see nothing wrong with Obama taking a day off to go golfing. Bush took weeks off at a time with 2 wars going on.

depittydawg
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
BP's fault huh....the United States government and all of its departments for this and departments for that and councils for this and that and boards of this and that and pannels, agencies, commissions etc. etc. etc. HAD TO SIGN OFF ON ALL OF THE SAFTEY PROCESSES and PRATICES.

so who was asleep at the switch......BP or the agency that watches the agency that watches the council that watches the board that watches the department that oversee's the group that is responsible....

Ohhhh I see this is another reason to have a pannel do a review to implement another group to oversee the board, that watches...ohhhhhh you get the picture

NCA

Sounds like your right brain and left brain are at odds on this. You want to blame the government for not "policing" a private corporation; and then you want the government ot "get out of the way"....

gman0046
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I still can't believe these Lib's still blaming Bush. When does Bush end and Obongo begin? Maybe you can tell us Perry.

depittydawg
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I still can't believe these Lib's still blaming Bush. When does Bush end and Obongo begin? Maybe you can tell us Perry.

Well, the Cons were blaming "Clinton" up to the end of the Bush regime. And then there's FDR. How long has he been dead? And the Cons still blame him all the time.

gman0046
06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Dippity, you haven't answered the question. When does Bush end and Obongo begin?

david gibson
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Dippity, you haven't answered the question. When does Bush end and Obongo begin?

dont you know yet? it ends whenever and wherever it conveniently fits their argument. its their wild card that never runs out.

troy schwab
06-22-2010, 02:47 PM
My dad always says..... you cant fix the past, just play the cards your dealt. Well, I declare a MISDEAL on this whole administration........ I dont see any improvement in the near future.

Roger Perry
06-23-2010, 10:39 AM

I cannot find any reference to balming Bush anywhere in this thread. Maybe you can point it out to me gman. I did place the blame directly on BP. Maybe because there is a B in BP you mistaked it for B as in Bush?

subroc
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
here is the way it works. Blame president George W. Bush for all that alis the nation throughout the obama presidency. when a republican gets elected, blame starts from the start of the republican admininstration. that is called the left wing fairness doctrine!

menmon
06-23-2010, 11:26 AM
here is the way it works. Blame president George W. Bush for all that alis the nation throughout the obama presidency. when a republican gets elected, blame starts from the start of the republican admininstration. that is called the left wing fairness doctrine!

Funny that seems to come from the right's play book.

Did you know that Glenn Beck made $22MM last year? Funny how making people angry sells

Roger Perry
06-23-2010, 11:27 AM

When Bush took office there was nothing to blame Clinton for because he was handed a job where everything was good. Gas prices about $1.00 a gallon, economy in good shape, no new wars going on, and employment was good. That's called republicans screwing up everything since 2001.

Bubba
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
When Bush took office there was nothing to blame Clinton for because he was handed a job where everything was good. Gas prices about $1.00 a gallon, economy in good shape, no new wars going on, and employment was good. That's called republicans screwing up everything since 2001.

Roger- I just gotta know.

What color is the sky in your world?

Sure would like a key to your medicine cabinet regards

Bubba

depittydawg
06-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Personally I hold Bush accountable for what he did when in office. Much of which we are still dealing with today. To be a little more specific. Republican (and conservative Democratic) economic policies wrecked the economy and blew the budget. This goes back to the late nineties and executive blame rests mostly with Clinton, although Bush kept the ball rolling and through a lot of gasoline on the fire with his WE WILL NOT REGULATE government.
As for the Wars, Bush started them and forever gets a place in history as the biggest Presidential screw up as "The Commander Guy". Obama didn't pull out so now he owns the mess. As for the Drilling Disaster, politically speaking it's Obama's baby. Healthcare reform (which we won't know anything about for years) is Obama's. Financial reform is Obama's, having inherited the mess, he needs to get it fixed.
Probably the biggest problem facing the nation is corruption. And for that Bush gets a huge piece of the blame pie for putting corporatist's on the supreme court who have now ensured that our government will be beholding to corporations more than ever, and for a very long time.
That said, it is no Obama's problem. It is certianly within the powers of the Congress to pass whatever kind of financial reforms they want and even go so far as Constitutional Amendments to override the supreme court.
I would say, in most cases the first years of any presidency is spent dealing with problems they inherited. It certainly is true with Obama. It is also true that you can't judge the impact of a president, congress, or supreme court until years after they are gone. For example we won't know what the impact is for Healthcare reform (despite the sky is falling rhetoric) for years. As we won't know the impact of Bush's reckless fiscal policies. Hope that helps you define the lines.

Roger Perry
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Roger- I just gotta know.

What color is the sky in your world?

Sure would like a key to your medicine cabinet regards

Bubba

So, you are saying 2001-2008 were great years for the republicans and the nation?

paul young
06-23-2010, 11:48 AM
actually, Bubba, he's got it about right.

in december 2000 the national average price for regular gasoline was $1.41/gallon, the unemployment rate for the nation was 4.2%, and we weren't at war with anyone.

facts is facts..........-Paul

huntinman
06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Funny that seems to come from the right's play book.

Did you know that Glenn Beck made $22MM last year? Funny how making people angry sells

That's Bambi's MO as community organizer in chief.

depittydawg
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
actually, Bubba, he's got it about right.

in december 2000 the national average price for regular gasoline was $1.41/gallon, the unemployment rate for the nation was 4.2%, and we weren't at war with anyone.

facts is facts..........-Paul

Radicals aren't interested in facts. Don't even go there. You'll just piss them off and they will have to go play with their guns.

depittydawg
06-23-2010, 02:24 PM
That's Bambi's MO as community organizer in chief.

Did you know Fox lost a hundred million per year for the first 5 years of Becks folly? Probably still losing money on it.

Franco
06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Did you know Fox lost a hundred million per year for the first 5 years of Becks folly? Probably still losing money on it.

Can you back that statement up? I'm no Beck fan but I don't believe what you posted is accurate.

Fox News Network has been around a lot longer time before Beck's face ever got on it.

Beck's syndicated radio show is only two years old.

huntinman
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM

More typical drivel from the dawg formerly known as deppity. Beck has not been on Fox anywhere near that long. he was on CNN for some strange reason. Decided he wanted someone to actually see his show and moved to FOX. Smart move.

mjh345
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM

Like Franco, I'm skeptical about this
Fox clearly isn't an unbiased news source, but more of an entertainment entityand they clearly ain't "Fair & Balanced"

As an entertainment entity they would surely pull the plug on any of their hosts that "lost $100.000.000/yr for 5 years.

My opinion of Beck is that he is a pot stirring moron, but I gotta believe if he weren't pulling enough "pot stirring moron" loving viewers/listeners, then FOX would quickly make him an unemployed pot stirring moron

Franco
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I did some research.

Beck has only been with Fox News less then a year and a half.

He has been syndicated by Premier Radio Network/Clear Channel since 2002. I am extremely familiar with Clear Channel and as financially strapped as that company is, no way would they carry any host that lost money for more than two quarters of a year.

Aaron Homburg
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Been wondering where the 'Old Guard" is and heck you all are over her on Potts place!!!! Dunno much about Fox but I bet they ain't losing money!

Aaron

huntinman
06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Been wondering where the 'Old Guard" is and heck you all are over her on Potts place!!!! Dunno much about Fox but I bet they ain't losing money!

Aaron

Too hot outside to train so we come on here and pee on the fire hydrant!

depittydawg
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Like Franco, I'm skeptical about this
Fox clearly isn't an unbiased news source, but more of an entertainment entityand they clearly ain't "Fair & Balanced"

As an entertainment entity they would surely pull the plug on any of their hosts that "lost $100.000.000/yr for 5 years.

My opinion of Beck is that he is a pot stirring moron, but I gotta believe if he weren't pulling enough "pot stirring moron" loving viewers/listeners, then FOX would quickly make him an unemployed pot stirring moron

I stand corrected. It was the Hannity show that was staked, along with many other Fox Political Ideologues that lost 100 million for half a decade prior to turning a profit.
"After Rupert Murdoch lost $100 million a year for a half-decade, finally around Y2K Sean Hannity and Fox News began to turn a profit and became equally ubiquitous."