PDA

View Full Version : its starting to look clearer now.....

david gibson
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Blago.Obama.Senate.2.1770821.html

"In the call, Blagojevich's chief of staff, John Harris, tells his boss that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's soon-to-be top aide, had called him to give him a list of four people that Obama would find acceptable as his successor in the Senate. They were Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.; injured Iraq War vet Tammy Duckworth; U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky and Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes."

so all the talk about "dead fish" emanual stepping down looks clearer - falling on the sword for the mighty O. the way chicago politics runs its clear to any right minded person that O knew what was going on, proving it and making it stick is a different matter.

where is the change? oh, i see the change, its even sleazier than before, thats change, right?

huntinman
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM

"In the call, Blagojevich's chief of staff, John Harris, tells his boss that Rahm Emanuel, Obama's soon-to-be top aide, had called him to give him a list of four people that Obama would find acceptable as his successor in the Senate. They were Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.; injured Iraq War vet Tammy Duckworth; U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky and Illinois State Comptroller Dan Hynes."

so all the talk about "dead fish" emanual stepping down looks clearer - falling on the sword for the mighty O. the way chicago politics runs its clear to any right minded person that O knew what was going on, proving it and making it stick is a different matter.

where is the change? oh, i see the change, its even sleazier than before, thats change, right?

Say what you want about Obama, but he's slicker that the original...Slick Willie. The new teflon Don.

Pals
06-24-2010, 06:09 PM
You'll have to pardon me, but really this is all so funny. Politics as usual, and even worse; Chicago style. Oh no, no, no, no surely Mr. President is clean as the driven snow!! :rolleyes: I can't wait to hear the whining oh sorry, I meant "the justification' about this little tidbit of information.

road kill
06-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I told eveyone I could before the election you only needed to know 1 thing about Obama.......

.....he's from the south side of Chicago!!!!

rk

depittydawg
06-24-2010, 06:15 PM

It has nothing to do with Chicago. When Reagan ascended out of Ca his followers went with him. When Sr Bush made it, all the Texas and (family) supporters also tagged along. It goes without saying, being a part of a successful organization leads to opportunities.

huntinman
06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
It has nothing to do with Chicago. When Reagan ascended out of Ca his followers went with him. When Sr Bush made it, all the Texas and (family) supporters also tagged along. It goes without saying, being a part of a successful organization leads to opportunities.

Wer'e not talking about opportunities dawg, we are talking about the sleaze factor. This band of misfits is as sleazy as they come. Blago, Rahmbo, Obama...peas in a pod.

david gibson
06-24-2010, 06:21 PM

and texas and california have just as much reputation for the same level of sleazy politics, much of which originated in the old teamsters and mobsters.....yep, nothing to do with chicago - move along folks, nothing to see here.....

Pals
06-24-2010, 06:28 PM

WHAT???!!!

I grew up outside of Chicago. The things I could tell you....

Oh it most certainly does have everything to do with dirty politics. And there are few dirtier than Chicago.

pat addis
06-24-2010, 07:00 PM

you are a long way from chicago so you might not know how the democrat machine works but i can sum it up like this, it holds the rest of illinois hostage to coruption if you are outside of cook county your vote is useless.i always wondered why when voter fraud is charged cook co. is never mentioned.i bet there is more dead people voting in cook co than live ones in my county.

depittydawg
06-24-2010, 07:10 PM
and texas and california have just as much reputation for the same level of sleazy politics, much of which originated in the old teamsters and mobsters.....yep, nothing to do with chicago - move along folks, nothing to see here.....

Sorry there is something of importance here. Your efforts to demonise the obama administration have once again been put where they belong within the trash heap of meaningless partisan rhetoric.

david gibson
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry there is something of importance here. Your efforts to demonise the obama administration have once again been put where they belong within the trash heap of meaningless partisan rhetoric.

says you, a koolaid drinking fan of the targeted administration. you are the one who said Chicago had nothing to do with it then were quickly slapped down by 2 people who live there and know.
what a pathetic attempt to draw attention away from your ignorant and uninformed statement.
um, by the way, watch the news and look at the polls. i am hardly alone and it is hardly meaningless.

huntinman
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM

OK, you have already been demoted from deppitydawg to just dawg...now we are going to have to demote you to Pup.

depittydawg
06-24-2010, 07:40 PM
OK, you have already been demoted from deppitydawg to just dawg...now we are going to have to demote you to Pup.

Your inabilty to argue the point and resort to name calling speaks volumes for your lack of knowledge of the subject. It is as always, your last word.

YardleyLabs
06-24-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm missing something. What is wrong with Emmanuel placing a call to provide the names of four candidates that the administration would favor? Obviously, the person named would be important to the Party, to the state, and to Obama personally since it was his former seat being filled. I cannot imagine any serious politician that would not make such a call in those circumstances and see nothing wrong with it.

huntinman
06-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Your inabilty to argue the point and resort to name calling speaks volumes for your lack of knowledge of the subject. It is as always, your last word.

I can argue my point, it's just more fun to poke at you a little. Just seems like your screen name just begs for it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

david gibson
06-24-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm missing something. What is wrong with Emmanuel placing a call to provide the names of four candidates that the administration would favor? Obviously, the person named would be important to the Party, to the state, and to Obama personally since it was his former seat being filled. I cannot imagine any serious politician that would not make such a call in those circumstances and see nothing wrong with it.

because everyone knew the seat was for sale.

subroc
06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
will this be a story on the left or will they provide cover for him?

road kill
06-24-2010, 08:22 PM

IF Blago asked for something in return, and Rahm knew, he HAS to report it or he is an accomplis.

I would bet heavily that you already knew that.:rolleyes:

rk

Goose
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM

You're one mighty fine Cuban foot soldier. Do they give out medals for loyalty in the Cuban army?

M&K's Retrievers
06-25-2010, 12:09 AM

How 'bout "deppityshat/

charly_t
06-25-2010, 01:40 AM
I told eveyone I could before the election you only needed to know 1 thing about Obama.......

.....he's from the south side of Chicago!!!!

rk

That is almost what I said. My take was the "Chicago machine" was already alive and well when I was in the 8th grade. I'm now in my 70s and so is my sister. When Sis was so taken with Obama I reminded her about the stuff we learned in current events on Fridays back then. I was pretty sure that it had only got worse by now from what I read. And I always thought my Sis was smart before this last prez race. I still think her brains are better than mine
but she sure worried me for a while :confused:

YardleyLabs
06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
IF Blago asked for something in return, and Rahm knew, he HAS to report it or he is an accomplis.

I would bet heavily that you already knew that.:rolleyes:

rk
As I understand it, the tapes indicate that Blago was told the administration would be "grateful" if he appointed a person from the suggested list.

Right or wrong, "deals" are the driving force in politics, regardless of party or ideology. You might say it is the way of democracy. In that period of my life when I was more directly involved in politics, one of the "innovations" of a newly elected Mayor was to designate a specific person with responsibility for clearing all patronage appointments for jobs. That was actually done to limit the number of such appointments since, previously, each department was being lobbied directly by politicians seeking jobs for their supporters and the number of such jobs offered was much higher. In this case, the patronage was controlled by Democrats.

I now live in a county where, for example, 100% of all paid jobs related to elections are controlled by the County Republican Party organization. This is done openly. No pretense is made by anyone that anything except politics is involved. The same organization controls hundreds of other county jobs as well as all professional service contracts. It is taken for granted that attorneys, insurance brokers, and investment bankers are appointed by the Republican Party based on political donations. Is this right? I happen to think that it is a matter of degree. Ultimately, control of political appointments is essential if an administration, regardless of party, is to be able to establish leadership over policy. Political leaders are elected to d just that. Those wishing to insulate governmental functions entirely from politics fail to realize that "politics" is the appropriate tool for controlling government just as civilian rule is the appropriate tool for controlling the military.