PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Can someone tell me why we are refusing help cleaning up the Gulf spill from foreign countries especially the Dutch? It seems the right believes obama doesn't want it cleaned up in order to promote Cap and Tax. I don't know what the left excuse(s) er I mean reason(s) are.

david gibson
06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Can someone tell me why we are refusing help cleaning up the Gulf spill from foreign countries especially the Dutch? It seems the right believes obama doesn't want it cleaned up in order to promote Cap and Tax. I don't know what the left excuse(s) er I mean reason(s) are.

lord only knows his ulterior motives. i have heard a lot about the jones act, which can easily be overidden in an emergency, but his union boss cronies are on his butt not to override it because it affects some of their people. but i'd love to hear the left side as well.....

Franco
06-26-2010, 11:03 AM
lord only knows his ulterior motives. i have heard a lot about the jones act, which can easily be overidden in an emergency, but his union boss cronies are on his butt not to override it because it affects some of their people. but i'd love to hear the left side as well.....

.....Bingo!

John Schmidt
06-26-2010, 02:49 PM

You asked and google delivered (why you couldn't do the same is beyond me, since I all I did was use, "BP oil spill foreign aid" in google search ). And the fact that anyone believes that clean-up is being delayed to promote some future policy is laughable yet sad.

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/660195/

From the above link:

To date, the administration has leveraged assets and skills from numerous foreign countries and international organizations as part of this historic, all-hands-on-deck response, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, the United Nations’ International Maritime Organization and the European Union’s Monitoring and Information Centre. In some cases, offers of international assistance have been turned down because the offer didn’t fit the needs of the response.

Now this information doesn't address the Dutch specifically, but the above paragraph suggests that other aid that was offered but turned down was inappropriate. So it appears that we are not refusing aid from foreign countries. Where is your information source that we are refusing aid from all foreign countries?

John

david gibson
06-26-2010, 03:19 PM
thats just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration. its a politically charged issue - conservative leaning sources have a totally different read on this as opposed to liberal sources, so we may never know the real story...

Franco
06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Then why was the offer from Norway to send over their clean up vessels denied?

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
You asked and google delivered (why you couldn't do the same is beyond me, since I all I did was use, "BP oil spill foreign aid" in google search ). And the fact that anyone believes that clean-up is being delayed to promote some future policy is laughable yet sad.

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/660195/

From the above link:

To date, the administration has leveraged assets and skills from numerous foreign countries and international organizations as part of this historic, all-hands-on-deck response, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, the United Nations’ International Maritime Organization and the European Union’s Monitoring and Information Centre. In some cases, offers of international assistance have been turned down because the offer didn’t fit the needs of the response.

Now this information doesn't address the Dutch specifically, but the above paragraph suggests that other aid that was offered but turned down was inappropriate. So it appears that we are not refusing aid from foreign countries. Where is your information source that we are refusing aid from all foreign countries?

John

Firstly, who is Mike Briggs and how did you confuse him with me?

Secondly, I was asking for other poster's opinion/insights not you wise arse BS.

Thirdly, the link you refer to seems to be somewhat bias to how great the government is/has responded. I think I'll get my information elsewhere.

Fourthly, my sources are just about any newspaper, newscast or internet post you can find. In fact there was one that showed the country, type of assistance offered, status of the offer and whether payment was required. I can't lay my hands on it right now but I'm still looking.

david gibson
06-26-2010, 03:45 PM

Secondly, I was asking for other poster's opinion/insights not you wise arse BS.

Thirdly, the link you refer to seems to be somewhat bias to how great the government is/has responded. I think I'll get my information elsewhere.

Mike Briggs is a good guy down here - member of my club actually. his wife's first name starts with a K and so he has named a dog or two with a "MK" theme like you do. looks like mr. schmidt ried to be cute and researched "MK" to try to get your name - and failed miserably. LOL

dnf777
06-26-2010, 03:48 PM
thats just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration. its a politically charged issue - conservative leaning sources have a totally different read on this as opposed to liberal sources, so we may never know the real story...

That one source is the unified command, including the USCG. Are you saying they're on the take? It also includes BP and Transocean. Surely they're not part of this vast Obama conspiracy? I understand that you must attack the source of any information contrary to the right wing point of view, but this seems like a reasonable source of info.

david gibson
06-26-2010, 03:58 PM
That one source is the unified command, including the USCG. Are you saying they're on the take? It also includes BP and Transocean. Surely they're not part of this vast Obama conspiracy? I understand that you must attack the source of any information contrary to the right wing point of view, but this seems like a reasonable source of info.

boy you are paranoid into thinking any time someone dissents with something you think they think its a conspiracy. now, TO and BP would have no info on foreign countries offering help to the "administration", would they? no, just the administration would, so that cuts them out of this issue. so yes, i dont think its too out of the realm to think the administration might spin the info a little in their favor, just like the conservative slanted media spin it in their favor. conspiracy? come on now, settle down here son.

dnf777
06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
boy you are paranoid into thinking any time someone dissents with something you think they think its a conspiracy. now, TO and BP would have no info on foreign countries offering help to the "administration", would they? no, just the administration would, so that cuts them out of this issue. so yes, i dont think its too out of the realm to think the administration might spin the info a little in their favor, just like the conservative slanted media spin it in their favor. conspiracy? come on now, settle down here son.

I'm not the one promoting a conspiracy and you know it. I'm not a birther, a truther, or one who believe this well was anything but a corporate negligence event trying to cut costs and make a few extra bucks.

YOU are the one who said, "..that's just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration...."

I believe when an administration controls and colludes with that many other sources (listed on the website) that is a conspiracy.

I don't support a conspiracy theory here. I think that given the circumstances, the administration has done a decent job. Not stellar, but far better than we could have hoped for with recent administrations, no doubt!

david gibson
06-26-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm not the one promoting a conspiracy and you know it. I'm not a birther, a truther, or one who believe this well was anything but a corporate negligence event trying to cut costs and make a few extra bucks.

YOU are the one who said, "..that's just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration...."

I believe when an administration controls and colludes with that many other sources (listed on the website) that is a conspiracy.

I don't support a conspiracy theory here. I think that given the circumstances, the administration has done a decent job. Not stellar, but far better than we could have hoped for with recent administrations, no doubt!

thats laughable!!!!

now - do you ever thoroughly read before you post? i didnt say you thought it was a conspiracy, i said you always think everyone else thinks its a conspiracy. and ".that's just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration..." doesnt mean i think its a conspiracy, it means i think there is a chance of bias there.

and YOU said:

"I understand that you must attack the source of any information contrary to the right wing point of view, but this seems like a reasonable source of info. "

oh, and you are so perfect you have never ever done this from your viewpoint, have you???

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Check out:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19655

Buzz
06-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Can someone tell me why we are refusing help cleaning up the Gulf spill from foreign countries especially the Dutch?

Does this qualify on a source on the Dutch equipment, or do you have a pre-approved list that I need to stick with?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ybenjamin/detail?blogid=150&entry_id=65647

I saw an interesting discussion the other day pertaining to the attempted moratorium on drilling. They showed footage from the congressional hearing with the oil executives. The executives were getting questioned about how all their plans were cookie cutter copies of each other, even down to numbers that needed to be called in the event of an incident. The CEO of Exxon stated that it is well known that oil companies share information and assets in order to keep the costs reasonable. So, not only are the plans shared, but so are the clean-up assets. Everything from skimmers, booms, etc.

So, the answer to the question of why doesn't the government have all the oil companies throwing their assets at the spill is, they are. And so, if any other accidents take place while they are working on the current disaster, there is nothing that could be done, no additional resources to call on.

Comforting, no?

I saw another discussion with oil company experts about the super tanker skimmers. They said that those skimmers are extremely effective when there is a near surface spill, where all the oil is on the surface and is in a fairly confined space. But the situation in the gulf is very different. The oil is pouring out a mile under the surface. The oil isn't coming right to the surface, but it's flowing in big clouds for great distances at depths of 2000-3000 feet. It surfaces in unpredictable areas and is pushed around and broken up further by currents and wind. In other words, it's not very confined to any area. There are patches floating around here and there, and super tankers are not maneuverable, so they aren't very effective at this type of clean-up.

It has to be heartbreaking seeing your area and way of life being destroyed. People's anger is understandable. They are going to arm chair quarterback, point fingers, complain about BP, the government, etc. They are going to scrape for dumb ideas like building sand berms, bitch about barges being held until the safety equipment can be verified by the Coast Guard, complain that the Gulf isn't just crawling with skimmers. And in the end, no one is going to be satisfied, because there is (in my opinion) no amount of preparation that can be done for something of this magnitude happening in the gulf.

dnf777
06-26-2010, 04:47 PM
thats laughable!!!!

now - do you ever thoroughly read before you post? i didnt say you thought it was a conspiracy, i said you always think everyone else thinks its a conspiracy. and ".that's just one source, and it appears to be run by the administration..." doesnt mean i think its a conspiracy, it means i think there is a chance of bias there.

and YOU said:

"I understand that you must attack the source of any information contrary to the right wing point of view, but this seems like a reasonable source of info. "

oh, and you are so perfect you have never ever done this from your viewpoint, have you???

Well, David, you accused me of claiming conspiracies, when I did no such thing, so I just returned the favor.....except with a quote from you that could be construed as implying a conspiracy!

And when a source is worthy of being questioned, I question it. This source is sponsored in part by the USCG, and Adm. Thad Allen. Want to attack his integrity in this issue? Go ahead. I think the Coast Guard is doing a fine job with what resources they have. Why don't you channel some of your anger and frustration at those who ACTUALLY CAUSED THIS SPILL, AND HAD NO PLAN TO DEAL WITH IT? Oh, I forgot, you're a republican, so your position must be to apologize to BP for making them pay for their damages?

david gibson
06-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Well, David, you accused me of claiming conspiracies, when I did no such thing, so I just returned the favor.....except with a quote from you that could be construed as implying a conspiracy!

And when a source is worthy of being questioned, I question it. This source is sponsored in part by the USCG, and Adm. Thad Allen. Want to attack his integrity in this issue? Go ahead. I think the Coast Guard is doing a fine job with what resources they have. Why don't you channel some of your anger and frustration at those who ACTUALLY CAUSED THIS SPILL, AND HAD NO PLAN TO DEAL WITH IT? Oh, I forgot, you're a republican, so your position must be to apologize to BP for making them pay for their damages?

there you go again. i have clearly stated i have not voted a straight ticket ever and not voted in a primary since reagan. i have also chastised BP for their ineptness with this well from the beginning. i know a little more that the average joe about this stuff having roughnecked a few years and studying petroleum geology, and living close to and having been inside the Texas City refinery where their ineptness killed 15 people a few years ago. i never agreed with barton on what he said, and neither did the republican party who chastised him immediately. you are a fool trying to wrap the whole party with his words, but then again, thats your MO, painting with a broad brush like you just did.

if you knew my views on most issues you would have a hard time calling me republican. and since you insist on twisting reality and falsely labeling me as you see fit i am done here.

depittydawg
06-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Does this qualify on a source on the Dutch equipment, or do you have a pre-approved list that I need to stick with?

because there is (in my opinion) no amount of preparation that can be done for something of this magnitude happening in the gulf.

And the same people who complain the most about the Government not acting, also complain and resist when the government does act.

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 05:41 PM
And the same people who complain the most about the Government not acting, also complain and resist when the government does act.

Taking action against a disaster versus passing bullshit legislation are not the same thing. To quote Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that".

dnf777
06-26-2010, 06:18 PM
there you go again. i have clearly stated i have not voted a straight ticket ever and not voted in a primary since reagan. i have also chastised BP for their ineptness with this well from the beginning. i know a little more that the average joe about this stuff having roughnecked a few years and studying petroleum geology, and living close to and having been inside the Texas City refinery where their ineptness killed 15 people a few years ago. i never agreed with barton on what he said, and neither did the republican party who chastised him immediately. you are a fool trying to wrap the whole party with his words, but then again, thats your MO, painting with a broad brush like you just did.

if you knew my views on most issues you would have a hard time calling me republican. and since you insist on twisting reality and falsely labeling me as you see fit i am done here.

Oh, come on. Don't take your toys and go home! You're right, I don't know you that well, to insult you by calling you a republican! ;)

I will stand by my characterization of the republican party by Barton's words though. He IS the ranking republican member of the energy committee, and therefore would be chairman if his party resumes control. That makes his words represent the republican policy. If not, he should be removed. He's not the only voice to side with oil and big business, either. The conservative party's sweetheart Michelle Bachman said BP is being "fleeced", and that this compensation fund is just "redistribution of wealth"!!!

paul young
06-26-2010, 08:21 PM

David,

maybe it was the title of the post (the real reason) that we thought suggested a conspiracy...

i've said it before; until the flow of oil from that well is stopped, any attempt at cleanup will be ineffective. hopefully they get it done before a tropical storm comes ashore.

according to DU magazine in their last issue, the gulf coast marshes are the wintering ground for 13 million ducks and geese. what a mess!!!-Paul

John Schmidt
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Then why was the offer from Norway to send over their clean up vessels denied?

Beats the heck out of me why it was denied, why don't you call up Thad Allen and the King of Norway to find out your answer. And when the decision makers get back to you with their answers, let us all know, since we wait here with bated breath on the great foreign aid denial theory.

Because it is obvious that these foreign aid offers of help were the silver bullets that would transform this unusually slow and painstaking clean-up effort into some magical efficient, miracle process. And we all know that government never wants anything to be efficient when the slow, expensive, inefficient methods are the preferred mode of operation.

John

John Schmidt
06-26-2010, 10:23 PM

My apologies to Mike for attributing your drivel to his good name.

A little sensitive today? Given that you original post didn't mention that only specific people were to reply, I will take your second point as a bit of sour grapes.

Knock yourself out with your information gathering from your unbiased sources.

Fourthly, my sources are just about any newspaper, newscast or internet post you can find. In fact there was one that showed the country, type of assistance offered, status of the offer and whether payment was required. I can't lay my hands on it right now but I'm still looking.

It appears that your fourth point contradicts your third point. You claim to use just about any source out there yet when one is offered that may be biased, you dismiss it. So which is it? Are you with the 'any source' or just the ones you agree with?

I eagerly wait for this attribution you refer to, since I am sure it will clear up the great foreign aid denial mystery.

John

caryalsobrook
06-26-2010, 10:40 PM
THis is just heresay but as I understand it, it has to do with maritime laws passed years ago concerning foreign ships coming into US waters whit cargo to be unloaded at US ports. There was as I understand it a squabble about who was to unload the cargo with the unions. kAs I understand it, The unions managed to get a law passed that protected them form ships entering waters, whether they actually came into port to be unloaded or were unloaded outside of port. Did not BO say he was only following the law? Maybe we passed a law that wound up biting our own A$$. Don't know this as fact but suspect maybe this is true but don't hold me to it.

Gerry Clinchy
06-26-2010, 10:45 PM
It appears that the Jones Act only applies to carrying "merchandise". Accordingly, Allen stated that, thus far, no waivers have been deemed necessary to allow the foreign ships into US waters for the clean-up ... but they are prepared to expedite the process any waivers that may be needed.

caryalsobrook
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
It appears that the Jones Act only applies to carrying "merchandise". Accordingly, Allen stated that, thus far, no waivers have been deemed necessary to allow the foreign ships into US waters for the clean-up ... but they are prepared to expedite the process any waivers that may be needed.

Thinks- nice to know:) It took me 4 years to get a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers to widen the lefees on my sister's farm but only with a stipulation that I also get a permit from the state of Tennessee also. 2 more years and I cna't find any agency in the state that will provide the permit. All agencies say that they have nothing to do with it. They don't object to my widening the levees but They won't give a permit or consent to it. Catch 22? Or is it that no one cares or won't take responsibility. I call it red tape. Maybe they will work out the skimmer ships from the Netherlands by the year 3000:)

Franco
06-26-2010, 10:55 PM
according to DU magazine in their last issue, the gulf coast marshes are the wintering ground for 13 million ducks and geese. what a mess!!!-Paul

70% of the wintering waterfowl are in southwest La., west of the Atchafalaya River. No oil there and most of those birds are in the rice fields.

The biggest concentration of birds in southeast La, are in three areas. The delta including the Delta Wildlife Refuge, Lafite/Baritarria and marshes south of Houma.

There is NO oil intrusion in the marshes south of Houma, some in Lafite/Baritarria and some oil in the delta around the Pass A Loutre area and up a little futher north to Delacroux.

There is oil in some of the outer marshes in SE La., what we call "barrier islands". The oil is affecting oyster beds and bird rookeries.

And, ducks do not winter in the Gulf Of Mexico!

A strong Tropical Storm or Hurricane would place some oil in the marhes in SE La. If the can get the leak stopped by early August, the oil by mid-September would not be detremental to Teal. If anything, a storm would dilute the oil even more. Oil DOES NOT hold up in warm water and the microbes with the help of the heat are helping to breakdown the oil!

Quit screaming the "sky is falling" all the way from Ct.

david gibson
06-26-2010, 11:26 PM
70% of the wintering waterfowl are in southwest La., west of the Atchafalaya River. No oil there and most of those birds are in the rice fields.

The biggest concentration of birds in southeast La, are in three areas. The delta including the Delta Wildlife Refuge, Lafite/Baritarria and marshes south of Houma.

There is NO oil intrusion in the marshes south of Houma, some in Lafite/Baritarria and some oil in the delta around the Pass A Loutre area and up a little futher north to Delacroux.

There is oil in some of the outer marshes in SE La., what we call "barrier islands". The oil is affecting oyster beds and bird rookeries.

And, ducks do not winter in the Gulf Of Mexico!

A strong Tropical Storm or Hurricane would place some oil in the marhes in SE La. If the can get the leak stopped by early August, the oil by mid-September would not be detremental to Teal. If anything, a storm would dilute the oil even more. Oil DOES NOT hold up in warm water and the microbes with the help of the heat are helping to breakdown the oil!

Quit screaming the "sky is falling" all the way from Ct.

words of wisdom here.

geese down here dont hang out in salt water as a rule, rice fields are fresh water and hence above the tidal salt water. they are safe. lots of geese come here to texas, no oil, rice fields again,l even more safe.

but Franco you are a bit amiss where i have bolded your quote - one of my worries is the salt water birds - redheads, buffleheads, bluebills, merganzers all winter in salt water. these are my prime targets in duck season - i hunt in salt water - and they are the ones most vulnerable come fall when they migrate down, of course after the immediate issue of pelicans/egrets/herons etc, non game birds at most risk....and the oysters, shrimp, crabs, various other mullusks, etc etc...even jellyfish.

there aint no end.

Franco
06-26-2010, 11:55 PM
but Franco you are a bit amiss where i have bolded your quote - one of my worries is the salt water birds - redheads, buffleheads, bluebills, merganzers all winter in salt water. these are my prime targets in duck season - i hunt in salt water - and they are the ones most vulnerable come fall when they migrate down, of course after the immediate issue of pelicans/egrets/herons etc, non game birds at most risk....and the oysters, shrimp, crabs, various other mullusks, etc etc...even jellyfish.

there aint no end.

Good point on Divers. I doubt it will affect many Puddlers though.

M&K's Retrievers
06-27-2010, 02:04 AM
I eagerly wait for this attribution you refer to, since I am sure it will clear up the great foreign aid denial mystery.

John

Post #13 to name a few, Doofus. Also, I don't know how I could have offended you in my original post but your response shows you have a lot of class. It just happens to be low. Oh, if your trying to figure out my name, just ask. I can't imagine why anyone would want to know.

paul young
06-27-2010, 05:14 AM
Franco,i never said the sky was falling, i said the oil is GUSHING.

i hope you're still waving your pom-poms in december.

DU and Delta Waterfowl are a true waterfowler's best friends. neither organization thinks thisvwill not have adverse effects on the birds in the Missisipi flyway. it bothers me that you would think they're just in it for the money. i think you have them confused with BP.

David, i hope you have some good hunts this fall and winter, but it doesn't look good right now. i hunt the salt, too. i don't think Franco has any idea how many birds are out there. probably a good thing.-Paul

dnf777
06-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Franco,
Newsflash: The sky IS falling on the Gulf of Mexico! Likely over 100,000,000 gallons have spilled, and who knows how many more each day! Yes, there will be areas spared, yes, some oil will evaporate, degregate, or be eaten by microbes, but much damage has already been done to huge tracts of coastal habitats.

We need to keep our heads on straight, make every attempt to stop the leak, prevent has already leaked from reaching the shores, and clean up what already has. The only thing we DON'T need, is people downplaying this catastrophe. BP and Haley Barber are already doing that.

David, here's your chance to accuse me of conspiracy thinking...;) Why is it, that over two months into this spill and its landfall, do we still see the same film loop of the two birds soaked in oil? Have they acheived celebrity status, or is the media being restricted in what they're allowed access to and can document? I can see this being beneficial (to the tune of tens of millions, if not hundreds) to the tourist industry and BP when claims are settled, so it raises suspicion. After Valdez, we saw all kinds of media coverage. W ith this, its all just stock photos of the well burning surrounded by pumper boats, and the same couple of clips of the same birds? Strange?

Buzz
06-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Franco,

We need to keep our heads on straight, make every attempt to stop the leak, prevent has has already leaked from reaching the shores, and clean up what already has. The only thing we DON'T need, is people downplaying this catastrophe. BP and Haley Barber are already doing that.

From the beginning, I have thought that this was a fools errand. I don't think there is any way to keep that much oil off the beaches.

Time to go train dogs, I have a 7:00 at the retriever club!

Gerry Clinchy
06-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Thinks- nice to know:) It took me 4 years to get a permit from the Army Corps of Engineers to widen the lefees on my sister's farm but only with a stipulation that I also get a permit from the state of Tennessee also. 2 more years and I cna't find any agency in the state that will provide the permit. All agencies say that they have nothing to do with it. They don't object to my widening the levees but They won't give a permit or consent to it. Catch 22? Or is it that no one cares or won't take responsibility. I call it red tape. Maybe they will work out the skimmer ships from the Netherlands by the year 3000:)

No argument from me that govt red tape stymies a lot of simple projects.

In this particular case, the Jones Act was cited as a reason for refusing aid from other countries. That just doesn't seem to be the case. That particular law doesn't have much bearing on the whole thing.

OTOH, that doesn't mean that some other govt regs (EPA, for example) can't create enough red tape on their own.

Not all, the offers were "charitable" ... they were to be compensated for. It would be wise to assess which offers of aid could be useful in this particular situation. It would not serve a useful purpose to bring in ships that would use technologies not appropriate to the nature of this spill (cluttering the area with ships not performing useful purpose) and wasting funds in the process.

Whether the Fed govt reacted quickly enough in drawing together the best scientists and practitioners to assess and act most effectively would be a separate question from the Jones Act alone.

John Schmidt
06-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Post #13 to name a few, Doofus. Also, I don't know how I could have offended you in my original post but your response shows you have a lot of class. It just happens to be low. Oh, if your trying to figure out my name, just ask. I can't imagine why anyone would want to know.

Nearly every post you make is offensive in some way. I see your standard fall back is in rare form, 'low class, and doofus'. That's just brilliant. Don't forget to throw in a few more insults and names when your ability to argue your assertions runs dry.

Give me something that is current that still supports your assertion that we are turning away foreign aid, instead of a web site that refers back to some article that was posted nearly 2 months ago. Two months is ancient history in these times.

What is your name? I prefer to address a person by their name instead of some internet handle that they hide behind. I figure if you are willing to do a little name calling and throw out insults, at least sign your name to it.

John Schmidt

huntinman
06-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Nearly every post you make is offensive in some way. I see your standard fall back is in rare form, 'low class, and doofus'. That's just brilliant. Don't forget to throw in a few more insults and names when your ability to argue your assertions runs dry.

Give me something that is current that still supports your assertion that we are turning away foreign aid, instead of a web site that refers back to some article that was posted nearly 2 months ago. Two months is ancient history in these times.

What is your name? I prefer to address a person by their name instead of some internet handle that they hide behind. I figure if you are willing to do a little name calling and throw out insults, at least sign your name to it.

John Schmidt

Did sambo finally come out of the closet?

John Schmidt
06-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Did sambo finally come out of the closet?

Oh my, Bill, I am so glad that you could offer your stunning observations, insight and diabolical wit to our discussion of foreign aid denials. I know I always look forward to reading your cogent analysis of all topics put forth on POTUS. Welcome aboard to the discussion.

John Schmidt

road kill
06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh my, Bill, I am so glad that you could offer your stunning observations, insight and diabolical wit to our discussion of foreign aid denials. I know I always look forward to reading your cogent analysis of all topics put forth on POTUS. Welcome aboard to the discussion.

John Schmidt
Just an observation.
But all you have done here in an effort to elevate yourself above the fray is issue a personal insult which has added nothing to the discussion.
If that makes you feel good, then good for you.

To me, it's just another middle of the road independent exposing what he really is, in a "cogent" fashion, of course!!;-)

In regard to the topic of the thread, something is going on and as I get older my opinions become more cynical.
To me, the delays are either deliberate or extremely poor management and ineptitude.

Let's hope I am wrong.

rk

huntinman
06-27-2010, 05:17 PM

John Schmidt

Glad I could help make your day a pleasant one.

John Schmidt
06-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Just an observation.
But all you have done here in an effort to elevate yourself above the fray is issue a personal insult which has added nothing to the discussion.
If that makes you feel good, then good for you.

Well shoot Stan, I thought the mode of operation on here was to hurl insults, and grenades from the cheap seats. Don't you agree? Heck, I am just playing the game that others play here. Obviously the link I posted in direct response to the OP's inquiry and my sarcastic remark about it being the basis of
some long term policy decision was met with displeasure. And of course the name calling commenced as a result.

To me, it's just another middle of the road independent exposing what he really is, in a "cogent" fashion, of course!!;-)

I didn't think my body of work on here was enough for you to come to that conclusion about where I stood in the road. I certainly am familiar with everyone else's body of work here to know where they stand and how they express themselves now and in the past.

In regard to the topic of the thread, something is going on and as I get older my opinions become more cynical.

Let's hope I am wrong.

rk

Perhaps something is going on, ultimately there are few that know the reason, and as David said earlier, we may never know. Ultimately, the foreign aid help is not going to magically transform the clean-up process into a smooth, efficient, operation. It is not a silver bullet and you know that. So the hand wringing about Oboma turning 'this foreign aid' down is nothing more than carping from the sideline. I know it is fun to do and it provides further evidence of the ineptitude of the current administration and the problems of big government and the lack of transparency, yada, yada, yada. All I know is that I am glad I am not Thad Allen or BP's Chief of Operations trying to stop the oil leak. Those are the individuals that are ultimately responsible for actually implementing the solutions to the current set of problems.

John Schmidt

road kill
06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Well shoot Stan, I thought the mode of operation on here was to hurl insults, and grenades from the cheap seats. Don't you agree? Heck, I am just playing the game that others play here. Obviously the link I posted in direct response to the OP's inquiry and my sarcastic remark about it being the basis of
some long term policy decision was met with displeasure. And of course the name calling commenced as a result.

I didn't think my body of work on here was enough for you to come to that conclusion about where I stood in the road. I certainly am familiar with everyone else's body of work here to know where they stand and how they express themselves now and in the past.

Perhaps something is going on, ultimately there are few that know the reason, and as David said earlier, we may never know. Ultimately, the foreign aid help is not going to magically transform the clean-up process into a smooth, efficient, operation. It is not a silver bullet and you know that. So the hand wringing about Oboma turning 'this foreign aid' down is nothing more than carping from the sideline. I know it is fun to do and it provides further evidence of the ineptitude of the current administration and the problems of big government and the lack of transparency, yada, yada, yada. All I know is that I am glad I am not Thad Allen or BP's Chief of Operations trying to stop the oil leak. Those are the individuals that are ultimately responsible for actually implementing the solutions to the current set of problems.

John Schmidt
Well, I ain't perfect, I do try to avoid the name calling et al.

And I honestly do NOT know what is going on here with the oil mess.
But I know one thing..........FOLLOW the MONEY!!!:cool:

rk

BonMallari
06-27-2010, 06:55 PM

John Schmidt

John , just because you have been lurking on the site for years, you are a relative newcomer to POTUS (unless you have been posting under an alias) demanding someone's name only comes about after you have traded replies with that person, maybe a PM or two and to some extent a certain amount of respect that you can take a hit as well as dish it out, along with a dose of humility along the way...so even though you think you have us all figured out,you really dont,because those that play here on a regular basis dont really know each other (and in many cases dont care to) ;)

dnf777
06-27-2010, 06:59 PM
And I honestly do NOT know what is going on here with the oil mess.
But I know one thing..........FOLLOW the MONEY!!!:cool:

rk

In that vein, If you follow the oil money to the source of evil, how could you possibly be supportive of the last administration?? Arbusto, Haliburton, Carslile,....all filthy rich due to oil, and increased wealth tremendously as a result of their oversight....or lack thereof.

BonMallari
06-27-2010, 07:15 PM
In that vein, If you follow the oil money to the source of evil, how could you possibly be supportive of the last administration?? Arbusto, Haliburton, Carslile,....all filthy rich due to oil, and increased wealth tremendously as a result of their oversight....or lack thereof.

with that line of reasoning why does it start there ? why not with John D Rockefeller and Standard Oil,JP Getty,Hunt Oil, the Bass bros...lets blame Henry Ford for inventing the combustible engine

how about Wall street,OPEC...dont they have a hand in it too

road kill
06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
with that line of reasoning why does it start there ? why not with John D Rockefeller and Standard Oil,JP Getty,Hunt Oil, the Bass bros...lets blame Henry Ford for inventing the combustible engine

how about Wall street,OPEC...dont they have a hand in it too

NO.....just the Bush administration!!:D

rk

Clint Watts
06-28-2010, 12:35 AM

How much money did BP give to the Obama campaign? Follow the money is correct RK.

Clint Watts

M&K's Retrievers
06-28-2010, 12:50 AM

John Schmidt

My name is Mike Whitworth and that's MR. to you.

Feel free to read all of my posts and threads. Maybe you should rethink your comments and maybe not. Guess what? I don't give a hoot.

The link I referred to was 6/10/10 not 2 months ago.

The only posters I rag on is Jeff, DNF and Dippitywhatever. Jeff and DNF expect it. Dippity, who knows.

You sir have not earned my ragging nor my respect. I suspect most of the other posters here would agree.

This is what I look like when I'm ignoring your dead arse.

Oh, what is your real name? I'm working on my Christmas card list. Do you have a dog? How many hours a day do you spend with it/them? Do you do your own training? Why are you on POTUS?

dnf777
06-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Where's my old kindergarten teacher when you need her?

M&K's Retrievers
06-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Where's my old kindergarten teacher when you need her?

Pot meet Kettle....

depittydawg
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
My name is Mike Whitworth and that's MR. to you.

Feel free to read all of my posts and threads. Maybe you should rethink your comments and maybe not. Guess what? I don't give a hoot.

The link I referred to was 6/10/10 not 2 months ago.

The only posters I rag on is Jeff, DNF and Dippitywhatever. Jeff and DNF expect it. Dippity, who knows.

You sir have not earned my ragging nor my respect. I suspect most of the other posters here would agree.

This is what I look like when I'm ignoring your dead arse.

Oh, what is your real name? I'm working on my Christmas card list. Do you have a dog? How many hours a day do you spend with it/them? Do you do your own training? Why are you on POTUS?

Good thing you guys don't live in the same town. You'd be calling for dueling pistols next.

dnf777
06-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Pot meet Kettle....

Yeah, but its fun! :D

Franco
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM
So, why doesn't Obama cut the red tape? Or, does he not view the importance of what is happening?

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/06/red_tape_keeps_prized_oil-figh.html

Gerry Clinchy
06-29-2010, 06:24 AM
It would appear from Franco's article that BP is part of the red tape. If the Feds were really in charge, as has been purported, then they would put the screws to BP to accept the help of the state-of-the-art skimmers ... and eliminate the red tape that may prevent doing that.

If there are any union labor issues involved (which have been implied in some reports) ... this is surely the time that these U.S. workers should realize that the magnitude of this emergency requires their cooperation for their own benefit in the bigger picture.

dnf777
06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
If there are any union labor issues involved (which have been implied in some reports) ... this is surely the time that these U.S. workers should realize that the magnitude of this emergency requires their cooperation for their own benefit in the bigger picture.

Eureka! Blame the labor unions! Step aside George, we have a new scapegoat!

Gerry Clinchy
06-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Eureka! Blame the labor unions! Step aside George, we have a new scapegoat!

Aw, c'mon Dave, I said "IF" there were any labor issues involved ... which, indeed, there has been some report of that being one of the issues.

It is pretty obvious that there are several issues ... why can't we feel free to discuss all of them?