PDA

View Full Version : Who Does Obama Think...

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 04:01 PM
...Will Eventually Pay For This Tax? I guess he thinks we are all stupid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65P0VP20100626

depittydawg
06-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Good question. It will be passed to consumers as much as competition allows. And partly absorbed by reduced profits and bonus'. Now a question for you. Would you rather have banking fees increased a little, or fork out another Trillion Dollars to bail them out again in a few years?

signgirl
06-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Obama tried to talk the G8 into a bank tax for the whole crowd. Well.....we have pretty strict banking regs here in Canada and NONE of our banks got in trouble during the downturn. Our banks are autonomous and very successful none the less. A few were mild victims of the toxic loan scams...and I say scams with tongue in cheek because someone did not do their homework. Obama then pressed for more bailout spending. It looks like the remaining 7 leaders, including many in Europe who are borderline bankrupt, vetoed that idea in spades. They are instead tightening their belts by many notches. Guess their leaders are not in the pockets of the Unions!!.

subroc
06-26-2010, 06:47 PM
...Now a question for you. Would you rather have banking fees increased a little, or fork out another Trillion Dollars to bail them out again in a few years?

are these the only two choices?

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Good question. It will be passed to consumers as much as competition allows. And partly absorbed by reduced profits and bonus'. Now a question for you. Would you rather have banking fees increased a little, or fork out another Trillion Dollars to bail them out again in a few years?

I vote for neither.

huntinman
06-26-2010, 07:28 PM

zhe thinks everyone is stupid but himself. The most arrogant jerk to ever hit DC

Franco
06-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Would you rather have banking fees increased a little, or fork out another Trillion Dollars to bail them out again in a few years?

The tax is suppose to be payback for the last bailout. If we had any meaningful Banking Reform, we wouldn't have to bail them out again!

Buzz
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Obama then pressed for more bailout spending. It looks like the remaining 7 leaders, including many in Europe who are borderline bankrupt, vetoed that idea in spades. They are instead tightening their belts by many notches.

Get ready for serious stagnation and deflation.

road kill
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM

Neither, let the free market sort it out!!

rk

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Obama tried to talk the G8 into a bank tax for the whole crowd. Well.....we have pretty strict banking regs here in Canada and NONE of our banks got in trouble during the downturn. Our banks are autonomous and very successful none the less. A few were mild victims of the toxic loan scams...and I say scams with tongue in cheek because someone did not do their homework. Obama then pressed for more bailout spending. It looks like the remaining 7 leaders, including many in Europe who are borderline bankrupt, vetoed that idea in spades. They are instead tightening their belts by many notches. Guess their leaders are not in the pockets of the Unions!!.

Bingo......

From the article:

"I hope we can build on the progress we made at last year's G20 summits by coordinating our global financial reform efforts to make sure a crisis like the one from which we are still recovering never happens again," he said. (Obama)

Is this guy for real....Globalization is what will WIPE us out and almost did...the intergration of individual economies to come up with this "global economy" is hamstringing each and evey country...ONE WORLD ORDER IS BAD!!!

Canada, England, China, Germany all PUBLICLY told our President to take a cold bath and wake up....they told him "YOU CANT SPEND YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS" and that is exactly what will happen if he gets this 90 billion dollar tax revenue..not one dime will make it's way back to the tax payer, it will be spent on the beast itself just a means to keep government going bigger and badder then ever....

NCA