PDA

View Full Version : Az Governor

depittydawg
06-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Is this Broad for real? Does she actually have a chance at winning an election in Az?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/arizona-governor-jan-brewers-immigration-comments-draw-fierce-criticism/19532318?icid=main|netscape|dl1|link1|http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/arizona-governor-jan-brewers-immigration-comments-draw-fierce-criticism/19532318

Doc E
06-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I imagine she knows more about what goes on in AZ than you do up there in Kaliforegon.

I say OR needs more illegals so that you will get a clue.

subroc
06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
how do you know what she says isn't true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDlN7VLmXQ&feature=player_embedded

M&K's Retrievers
06-26-2010, 05:57 PM
... Does she actually have a chance at winning an election in Az?

You'll be calling her "Landslide Brewer" after she wins her next election.

huntinman
06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
She's got more brass than any of the male politicians out there. Tough and not tied down by pc BS.

caryalsobrook
06-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Is this Broad for real? Does she actually have a chance at winning an election in Az?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/arizona-governor-jan-brewers-immigration-comments-draw-fierce-criticism/19532318?icid=main|netscape|dl1|link1|http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/arizona-governor-jan-brewers-immigration-comments-draw-fierce-criticism/19532318

The last definition of illegal meant ILLEGAL. That meant breaking the law dippy. I don't care why they are breaking the law there MUST BE CONSEQUENCES. Oh I guess that just applies to citizens or so the party in power wants it.

BonMallari
06-27-2010, 03:03 AM

your obvious disrespect for the female gender speaks volumes about you..;)

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
how do you know what she says isn't true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDlN7VLmXQ&feature=player_embedded

I simply read the article. There are plenty of quotes from people in Az in positions that deal directly with the problem that say she is full of nonsense.

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
The last definition of illegal meant ILLEGAL. That meant breaking the law dippy. I don't care why they are breaking the law there MUST BE CONSEQUENCES. Oh I guess that just applies to citizens or so the party in power wants it.

Didn't read the article did you?

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 10:00 AM
She's got more brass than any of the male politicians out there. Tough and not tied down by pc BS.

She does look pretty tough. I certainly wouldn't want to tangle with her. :rolleyes:

Hoosier
06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
She is doing what all elected officials should be doing, standing up for the best interest of her constituents. That is something the clowns in Washington haven't done in my lifetime, and will never do unless held accountable be the entire nation, not just the good folks of AZ. We should support AZ as they stand up to the tyrants in DC. The only way anything will change is for the states start forcing the feds to do the right thing. Washington has been doing whatever it damn well pleases for way to long, and the states need to remind them who they are there to represent.

dback
06-27-2010, 11:12 AM
I simply read the article.

Obviously not well.....

There are plenty of quotes from people in Az in positions that deal directly with the problem that say she is full of nonsense.

I only found one......here is the opening statement from the group he represents. "Since President Obama's election, there's been a surge in hate crimes, political murders and assassination threats in this country." You can probably find supporting stats in some obscure blog for the 'hate crimes' statement, 'political murders'??.....name one....and....I guess they're referencing the Nogales PD's lives being threatened in their final comment. Were I allowed or thought it prudent, I'd post the numerous explicit photos in my possession of Mexican army/Mexican Drug cartel shootouts or better yet, Cartel decapitations of any of its enemies, Army, Police, Citizens, Rivals........ Only a fool would take Cartel threats lightly and this doesn't even touch on the potential for national security risks from other groups.

I would hope you'd have more to go on than this to start an entire thread slamming our 'Broad'. Ditch the Bong, Birkenstocks and ponytail and quit listening to the Union Boss.....you might acquire some degree of respect.

gmhr1
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh shes going to win 69 % of registered voters say she will, I sure hope so she has my vote! Obamas big way to secure our border is put up signs, he wont do anything that may cost him the hispanic vote their probably the only ones that will vote for him!

david gibson
06-27-2010, 11:41 AM
i cant wait to see the numbers in 2012 for how many people in AZ vote for obama after this mess - maybe single digits??

a local talk show host here is organizing a trip with a large group of houstonians to visit AZ, spend money and show them our support. AZ is welcoming the group with open arms in appreciation.

and a funny one - last month the D-backs came to play and LULAC tried to get a huge demonstration. a whole 20 people showed up, 4 of whom were seen putting their signs away and then buying tix to go see the game.

http://michaelberry.com/index.php/2010/05/14/support-arizona/

Franco
06-27-2010, 11:48 AM
i cant wait to see the numbers in 2012 for how many people in AZ vote for obama after this mess - maybe single digits??

/ (http://michaelberry.com/index.php/2010/05/14/support-arizona/)

I would imagine that the Democrats stratergy will be to declare Amnesty and get all those illegas voting in Arizona. Heck, they might even have Mexican declared official state language. Arizona has voted for the GOP Presidential candidate over the past 65 years. If Obama can get enough illegals naturalized, that would all change.

gmhr1
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
theres a good video of Gov Brewer addressing Obama and his signs along the border, plus a petition to sign demanding he secure our border at

www.SecureTheBorder.org (http://www.SecureTheBorder.org)

Gerry Clinchy
06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
She has a good point ... the signs are warning U.S. citizens of danger ... 80 miles inside the U.S. Sure wouldn't make me feel "safe". Is this the same way we behave in high-crime areas elsewhere, i.e. just warn people to stay out of those areas?

Those extra 10,000 troops that Obama did not move from Iraq to A'stan ... why not move them to the Mexican/American border?

It's also obvious that the Feds are well aware that the issue of these illegal border crossings are very much a criminal element. While illegal immigration for honest jobs is still illegal, that the Feds would allow these other life-threatening criminal activities to continue without any opposition is unconscionable. Would the Mexican govt really be in an uproar if securing our borders helped them solve the problems these cartels create in Mexico?

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Obviously not well.....

I only found one......here is the opening statement from the group he represents. "Since President Obama's election, there's been a surge in hate crimes, political murders and assassination threats in this country." You can probably find supporting stats in some obscure blog for the 'hate crimes' statement, 'political murders'??.....name one....and....I guess they're referencing the Nogales PD's lives being threatened in their final comment. Were I allowed or thought it prudent, I'd post the numerous explicit photos in my possession of Mexican army/Mexican Drug cartel shootouts or better yet, Cartel decapitations of any of its enemies, Army, Police, Citizens, Rivals........ Only a fool would take Cartel threats lightly and this doesn't even touch on the potential for national security risks from other groups.

I would hope you'd have more to go on than this to start an entire thread slamming our 'Broad'. Ditch the Bong, Birkenstocks and ponytail and quit listening to the Union Boss.....you might acquire some degree of respect.

If you actually come up with something intelligent to say, go ahead and post. If your just gonna dive into a tirade of insults go kick your dog or whatever it is you usually do when your outmatched.

Franco
06-27-2010, 07:20 PM
If you actually come up with something intelligent to say, go ahead and post. If your just gonna dive into a tirade of insults go kick your dog or whatever it is you usually do when your outmatched.

It is you that have nothing intelligent to offer on the subject. These people live in Arizona and have to deal with it in thier state. Whereas you and most liberals live in some isolated state-of-mind.

I salute the Arizona Gov. for taking action!

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM
It is you that have nothing intelligent to offer on the subject. These people live in Arizona and have to deal with it in thier state. Whereas you and most liberals live in some isolated state-of-mind.

I salute the Arizona Gov. for taking action!

The Az governor is now on the record as stating that MOST illegal immigrants are drug dealers. This is not true. It isn't even close to being true. Therefore the lady is showing her colors as a political opportunist, trying desperately to cling to the power that she has in Az, by inciting a core of citizens to rally behind her. If you want to be part of that core, go ahead, it is your choice. But to the rest of us in the country, you people look foolish. Dangerously foolish I might add.

Franco
06-27-2010, 07:45 PM
How do you know what she is saying is not accurate?

Interstate I-10 is the #1 travel route for drugs. There are more drug bust on I-10 than any other major throughfare. Those drugs are coming from Mexico through Arizona. From Phoenix it travels east, west and north. Drugs smugglers control nearly a 4,000 acre corridor south of there.

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-27-2010, 07:48 PM
The Az governor is now on the record as stating that MOST illegal immigrants are drug dealers. This is not true. It isn't even close to being true. Therefore the lady is showing her colors as a political opportunist, trying desperately to cling to the power that she has in Az, by inciting a core of citizens to rally behind her. If you want to be part of that core, go ahead, it is your choice. But to the rest of us in the country, you people look foolish. Dangerously foolish I might add.

Depitty.....

I used to think that you were pretty level headed, I didnt agree with what you said "most" of the time...but this draws the line. "Foolish"....look at your statement and then look up and see the mirror....you must be soaking wet from the portland rains to believe you can qualify that statment as true. Here I will help you out....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/immigration/nationally_60_favor_letting_local_police_stop_and_ verify_immigration_status

http://people-press.org/report/613/arizona-immigration-law

http://www.gallup.com/poll/127598/americans-favor-oppose-arizona-immigration-law.aspx

and here is one for you to spin....but it still shows an OVERWELMING SHOW OF SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/05/12/4433376-poll-nearly-two-thirds-back-az-law

Rest of the country regards,

NCA

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Depitty.....

I used to think that you were pretty level headed, I didnt agree with what you said "most" of the time...but this draws the line. "Foolish"....look at your statement and then look up and see the mirror....you must be soaking wet from the portland rains to believe you can qualify that statment as true. Here I will help you out....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/immigration/nationally_60_favor_letting_local_police_stop_and_ verify_immigration_status

http://people-press.org/report/613/arizona-immigration-law

http://www.gallup.com/poll/127598/americans-favor-oppose-arizona-immigration-law.aspx

and here is one for you to spin....but it still shows an OVERWELMING SHOW OF SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/05/12/4433376-poll-nearly-two-thirds-back-az-law

Rest of the country regards,

NCA
Your confusing the two issues here. This post had nothing to do with the Az law. It had to do with her credibility. She claims that "most" illegals are drug smugglers. Funny, no one else seems to agree with her, including the people in charge of monitoring traffic and policing the borders. I think is is very bad leadership of the worst order to incite people to action by knowingly feeding them false information. That is the point of this post. The debate over the Az Enforcement law has nothing to do with it.

T.J. Bonner, president of the union that represents Border Patrol agents, told CNN that Brewer's comments, don't "comport with reality -- that's the nicest way to put it."

aime Farrant of the Tucson-based Border Action Network told Fox News that he has "no evidence" that most people are entering to smuggle drugs, while Mexican Senator Jesus Ramon Valdes, who represents the Mexican border state of Coahuila, said the comments were racist and ignorant.

"Traditionally, migrants have always been needy, humble people who in good faith go looking for a way to better the lives of their families," Ramon Valdes told Fox News.

This statement from the article is opinion and is disputed by the factual evidence. First the opinion.
The people-smuggling industry "has gone from a sort of do-it-yourself, small guy operation, to big business," Birns said. "There's going to be a lot more violence on the border."

Now the data- from another source. Ask yourself, how does this support or deny the claim that "most" illegals are drug smugglers.

a recent FBI report obtained by the Associated Press on the basis of the Freedom of Information Act has found that the top four safest big cities in the U.S. are all in the border states. According to the new FBI report, San Diego, Phoenix, El Paso and Austin are big cities that have the lowest rates of violent crime in the U.S. With respect to killings at the hands of U.S. Border Patrol it is important to note a Customs and Border Protection report that shows that Border agents face far less danger than local law enforcement in most U.S. cities. From the Associated Press:

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Be it because of drug smuggling, people smuggling, violent crimes, ZAPPING the money that the taxpayer pays for social services...WHAT EVER...

you refered to US that support, that govenor, that state, those AMERICANS, and THAT LAW...as FOOL's and further tried to say that the MAJORITY of the "rest of us" think your "reckless FOOL's"

you can say my post didnt have anything to do with yours and the point you were making....but my Mama didnt rase no fool, and I didnt fall off the turnip truck yesterday...

The OVERWHELMING popularity of this LAW show's that you can call it what ever you want from the list of optiions above...the FOOL is you for living in denial and trying to make a govenor out to be an ememy of the state, when in fact she is doing the one thing her STATE is calling on her to do, if only the other govenors of the 56 states of the union would stand up and DO WHAT THEIR PEOPLE ask them to do, maybe the President of the United 57 STATES would take their lead and do what is right for our country.

NCA

Clint Watts
06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=depittydawg;636611]

T.J. Bonner, president of the union that represents Border Patrol agents, told CNN that Brewer's comments, don't "comport with reality -- that's the nicest way to put it."

Perfect person for a liberal to quote.

Clint Watts
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Mexican Senator Jesus Ramon Valdes, who represents the Mexican border state of Coahuila, said the comments were racist and ignorant.

"Traditionally, migrants have always been needy, humble people who in good faith go looking for a way to better the lives of their families," Ramon Valdes told Fox News.

Believe this guy over a Governor of a state in the United States. When you have to go outside of the country to get viewpoints to support your opinion, then you have lost. I would like to see who contributed to Ramon's campaign.

david gibson
06-27-2010, 11:22 PM
what she said was:

""the majority of illegal trespassers" entering Arizona "are bringing drugs in,""

couple of ways to interpret this. drug runners enter, drop off their load, and go back and do it again, so one person may make several trips in a week or even a day in some cases, especially when tunnels are used. those seeking work make one trip and stay. so, it is very conceivable that the majority of actual crossings are drug related, but perhaps not the majority of individual people.

also, many of the drug runners are pros, better chance of not being detected with their bags of tricks and expertise, whereas non-coyote paying immigrants are rookies and cross where they are more easily seen, broad daylight, etc.

all in all its very conceivable that it could happen. even if it isnt, with the drug runners now threatening to kill our cops who cares? one is too many.

depittydawg
06-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Be it because of drug smuggling, people smuggling, violent crimes, ZAPPING the money that the taxpayer pays for social services...WHAT EVER...

you refered to US that support, that govenor, that state, those AMERICANS, and THAT LAW...as FOOL's and further tried to say that the MAJORITY of the "rest of us" think your "reckless FOOL's"

you can say my post didnt have anything to do with yours and the point you were making....but my Mama didnt rase no fool, and I didnt fall off the turnip truck yesterday...

The OVERWHELMING popularity of this LAW show's that you can call it what ever you want from the list of optiions above...the FOOL is you for living in denial and trying to make a govenor out to be an ememy of the state, when in fact she is doing the one thing her STATE is calling on her to do, if only the other govenors of the 56 states of the union would stand up and DO WHAT THEIR PEOPLE ask them to do, maybe the President of the United 57 STATES would take their lead and do what is right for our country.

NCA

Again you seem unable to debate one topic at a time. I'll leave you with the last word.

dback
06-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Bwaaaahahaha...... You address not a single point in my post and tell me I'm 'outmatched'...you must 'moonlite' at Comedy Central.

You stated there are 'plenty' of quotes from people in Arizona....the article quotes four against the Gov's position, only one from Arizona:

T J Bonner.....UNION President.....ah yes.....the TJ of "They will come. I don't care what fences or how many Border Patrol Agents you put there. They will come" fame.
Francisco Loureiro.....a MEXICAN Immigrant Shelter Director in Nogales, MEXICO
Jesus Ramon Valdes...a MEXICAN Senator
Jaime Farrant....recently hired as the Director of the Border group (only one that spends ANY time in Arizona). You do realize that he's PUERTO RICAN and lived 90% of his life outside the US....mostly Puerto Rico and South America.

I don't know how many illegals are smuggling drugs. I know for a fact that it's happening. As the drug cartels gain more control over the human smuggling operations it has become the preferred method of moving drugs. Part of the deal for the 'illegal' is to 'mule' in drugs....nice and clean for the cartel, no risk to the 'coyote' or the 'drug lords'.

Now someone that does know a great deal about it (unlike you)....Larry Birns...Director of the Council on Hemispheric Affairs....an actual AMERICAN...."an exaggeration, but not by much.".....color me silly Dip, but this would appear to trump your "not even close" claim. And...I would have sworn that she supported her statement with 'Federal reports' and that stellar 'Conservative' journal the Los Angeles Times?

LMAO....Ya boy.....you really got me Dip

depittydawg
06-28-2010, 03:42 AM
what she said was:

""the majority of illegal trespassers" entering Arizona "are bringing drugs in,""

couple of ways to interpret this. drug runners enter, drop off their load, and go back and do it again, so one person may make several trips in a week or even a day in some cases, especially when tunnels are used. those seeking work make one trip and stay. so, it is very conceivable that the majority of actual crossings are drug related, but perhaps not the majority of individual people.

also, many of the drug runners are pros, better chance of not being detected with their bags of tricks and expertise, whereas non-coyote paying immigrants are rookies and cross where they are more easily seen, broad daylight, etc.

all in all its very conceivable that it could happen. even if it isnt, with the drug runners now threatening to kill our cops who cares? one is too many.

That is the first thoughtful post in disagreement on this thread. You are correct. It is possible in the scenario you laid out. But then, that is stretching what the what the governor said quite a bit. And if that was her argument, I think she would have used it. Maybe you should send it to her. She probably needs an out about now.

depittydawg
06-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Bwaaaahahaha......

LMAO....Ya boy.....you really got me Dip

Bring it back to to original point. Your governor got caught saying something that was not true. She lied. The appearance, since she created this wedge issue, is that she is an opportunistic politician of the worst sort. Capable and agreeable to using false information to flame the pot to enhance her opportunity for re-election at the expense of the reputation of your state and the best intentions for its citizens.

I can't imagine a candidate for Governor getting away with that kind of political nonsense where I live. The election would be over right now. Yeah, there would be a lot of people that would rally behind the extremist. Mostly hate filled racists and they no doubt would make a lot of noise, hold rallies and get some publicity. My guess you'd be looking at maybe 15-20 percent of the voters. Most people would be appalled and just keep quiet until they get their chance to vote. Come election day the racist self serving politician would suffer a large defeat and life goes on. I suspect that is what will happen in Az too. The silent majority is probably taking a very low key approach to this. But come election day, you might be surprised to see how many people don't fall for this kind of antics.

david gibson
06-28-2010, 06:06 AM
the coyotes usually have some amount of drugs along with human cargo, as she went on to clarify:

"The simple truth is that the majority of human smuggling in our state is under the direction of the drug cartels, which are by definition smuggling drugs"

i imagine the Feds know exactly what these lawbreakers bring. All of it. And the only thing they care about, that they bring, is more democrat voters for one and by opposing her and anything she does that keep the hispanic vote solidly for them.. You can rest assured that those who oppose her stand on illegals will make everything she say’s into a big deal

this really is a non-issue. the fact is:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mexican-drug-cartels-threaten-police-arizona/story?id=10995661

THIS is what we should be worried about! NOT what she said or didnt say.

huntinman
06-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Your confusing the two issues here. This post had nothing to do with the Az law. It had to do with her credibility. She claims that "most" illegals are drug smugglers.

One thing we do know...ALL illegal aliens are breaking the law.

badbullgator
06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Again you seem unable to debate one topic at a time. I'll leave you with the last word.

We could only wish

You are pretty much alone on this one so please do not feel free to speak for the whole country, I know you don't speak for my neck of the woods.
Amazing how the left coast folks seem to think they speak for everyone:rolleyes:

What part of ILLEGAL do you not understand? Does it matter if they smuggle drugs? Not realy that only means they are doing more ILLEGAL things, take the drugs out of it and they are STILL ILLEGAL!!