PDA

View Full Version : VP Bite-Me strikes again!

huntinman
06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Biden Calls Custard Shop Manager a 'Smartass' After Taxes Comment

Published June 27, 2010
| FOXNews.com

Vice President Biden is shown speaking with the manager of Koppís Frozen Custard in Milwaukee, Wis. (WISN)

Vice President Biden called the manager of a custard shop outside of Milwaukee, Wis., a "smartass" after the man asked him to lower taxes.

Biden made the comment after the Koppís Frozen Custard shop manager told him that his dessert would be on the house if he lowered taxes.

"What do we owe you?" Biden is heard saying in footage captured by WISN-TV.

"Donít worry, itís on us," the manager replied. "Lower our taxes and weíll call it [the custard] even."

"Why donít you say something nice instead of being a smartass all the time?" Biden said a few minutes later.

Biden had walked in to Koppís mistakenly asking for ice cream instead of custard.

The manager said later in an interview with WISN that he thought Biden didnít seem happy initially about the taxes comment, but that the vice president later whispered that he was just kidding.

Biden was in Wisconsin to hit the campaign trail with Democratic Senator Russ Feingold. Just days earlier, the vice president told a crowd of Feingoldís supporters gathered at a fund-raising event that "thereís no possibility to restore the 8 million jobs lost in the Great Recession."

He then added that he and the current administration "inherited a god-awful mess."

After he wraps up his time with Feingold, Biden will visit the Gulf Coast on Tuesday to survey the damage caused by the BP oil spill.

Click here for more on this story from WISN.

dnf777
06-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn......

Must be a regional thing.....no "custard shops" around here! We eat ice-cream.

road kill
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn......

Regional that the VP of the USA is rude and condescending to his bosses?
He is disconnected and arrogant beyond belief.

They better re-vote on that unemployment compensation, cause Joe is gonna need it soon.

You funny!!

Middle of the road regards!!

rk

BonMallari
06-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn......

once you eat frozen custard you may never eat frozen yogurt again...got friends that own a small chain of them in the DC/VA area and there is a concept called Sheridan's that is popping up around parts of the country...the only bad thing about frozen custard is that its not diet friendly..very high in calories but smooth and tastes great :D:D

huntinman
06-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Regional that the VP of the USA is rude and condescending to his bosses?
He is disconnected and arrogant beyond belief.

They better re-vote on that unemployment compensation, cause Joe is gonna need it soon.

You funny!!

Middle of the road regards!!

rk

Bite-Me has been on the public dole since he was 29 yrs old. He could care less what the public thinks. Maybe that's why he and Obama are such a good fit, they both think the public works for them.

gmhr1
06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
He should be fired for saying this, the Gen gets relieved after saying something thats made public this guy stands up in front of the whole country says the F word and all these other things and nothing happens to him.

dnf777
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
once you eat frozen custard you may never eat frozen yogurt again...got friends that own a small chain of them in the DC/VA area and there is a concept called Sheridan's that is popping up around parts of the country...the only bad thing about frozen custard is that its not diet friendly..very high in calories but smooth and tastes great :D:D

Don't eat frozen yogurt either. My preferred way of dealing with rotten milk is to throw it out, not freeze it and eat it!

Marvin S
06-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Don't eat frozen yogurt either. My preferred way of dealing with rotten milk is to throw it out, not freeze it and eat it!

What is it with you? Having a little involvement with the dairy industry, I know that they are heavy regulated (which should make you happy), so there must be food value in what they sell including frozen custard. I will query my son, he's probably more knowledgeable on the subject than you, & doc, he paid for his own education in that field.

BonMallari
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM

you must be lactose intolerant like many of us...guess that rules out cheese, sour cream.cottage cheese....:p

dnf777
06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
What is it with you? Having a little involvement with the dairy industry, I know that they are heavy regulated (which should make you happy), so there must be food value in what they sell including frozen custard. I will query my son, he's probably more knowledgeable on the subject than you, & doc, he paid for his own education in that field.

Don't you know how to make yogurt? That was microbiology 101. And don't worry, I paid for my education, then served to help protect the right of idiots like you to open your yogurt-holes and prove it! Why don't you google "yogurt" and see what I was joking about? Maybe your son can explain how you made a jack-a$$ out of yourself, yet again! (probably old hat for him)

In the mean time, you might want to quit insulting veterans, soldiers, and public servants who bettered themselves and served through various military scholarship programs. I think you'll find yourself all alone in thinking we're a bunch of freeloaders amongst this crowd.

Nor_Cal_Angler
06-27-2010, 11:03 PM

Don't you know how to make yogurt? That was microbiology 101. And don't worry, I paid for my education, then served to help protect the right of idiots like you to open your yogurt-holes and prove it! Why don't you google "yogurt" and see what I was joking about? Maybe your son can explain how you made a jack-a$$ out of yourself, yet again! (probably old hat for him)

In the mean time, you might want to quit insulting veterans, soldiers, and public servants who bettered themselves and served through various military scholarship programs. I think you'll find yourself all alone in thinking we're a bunch of freeloaders amongst this crowd.

Doc,

I gotta get your back on this one....

I really really really really cant stand most of what you post.....being your say your independent and all....;-);-);-)

But anyone who served this country, learned to patch up our boys, and then actually patched up our boys...can freeload on my taxdollars...

If you helped save even one of our brave men and or women, then enjoy what military pension you earned. I am glad I could contribute to if.

NCA

dnf777
06-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks NorCal.
No matter how much we may disagree on how things are being run, at the end of the day, we're on the same sidelines, playing for the same team, and hoping we win in the end.

Marvin S
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
And don't worry, I paid for my education, then served to help protect the right of idiots like you to open your yogurt-holes and prove it! Maybe your son can explain how you made a jack-a$$ out of yourself, yet again! (probably old hat for him)

Funny thing - my son says the opposite of what you say :eek: !!!!!

Just a little history for those such as you who are impaired. In my day we had NO choice as to whether we served or not, our number came up, we were automatically in. The only option one had was to enlist so there was a choice in branch of service.

But I did march in many Saturday morning parades for the General's benefit & was 1 of 20 chosen to serve in the Honor Guard when Truman came to visit our installation, HDQTRS SAC. As that is ancient history to you, that would be President Truman. I have met General Lemay - quite a thrill for a 19 YO Airman 1/c - he was truly an excellent soldier!!

As for the BS about all these public servants bettering themselves through the scholarship programs, it's about the money just like most things are. I am sure we could find studies that prove the only benefit is to the individual & not those paying the rent.

But you have to feel good, you have a 1 member fan club from sorta this side of the fence, It is interesting that when you tell folks what all this 1st responder effort costs & what it produces they begin to have a different perspective on what they are paying.

ErinsEdge
06-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn......

You bet it's a regional thing. Kopps is one of the top custards in Wisconsin. They were pretty much here first except for Leons which was the "Happy Days" model which was near my HS. People come from all over for Kopps custard and Gilles too. Culvers came much later but they are pretty much in every small-medium sized town and they all rotate flavors. There is a sub-culture of closet custard addicts. I pretty much have no control over the car when Turtle Dove and Carmel Cashew show up. To go to Kopps and call it ice cream and get nasty shows his typical gaffs.

My preferred way of dealing with rotten milk is to throw it out, not freeze it and eat it!

Someone was asleep in Micro 101 because yogurt is not rotten. It just took 40 years for it to become the rage and fix bad digestion instead of pumping in drugs. I made yogurt for my kids before it was in stores. Maybe you are talking about Clabber.

I really really really really cant stand most of what you post.....being your say your independent and all

I agree-some people just live to be mean spirited.

dnf777
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
You bet it's a regional thing. Kopps is one of the top custards in Wisconsin. They were pretty much here first except for Leons which was the "Happy Days" model which was near my HS. People come from all over for Kopps custard and Gilles too. Culvers came much later but they are pretty much in every small-medium sized town and they all rotate flavors. There is a sub-culture of closet custard addicts. I pretty much have no control over the car when Turtle Dove and Carmel Cashew show up. To go to Kopps and call it ice cream and get nasty shows his typical gaffs.

Someone was asleep in Micro 101 because yogurt is not rotten. It just took 40 years for it to become the rage and fix bad digestion instead of pumping in drugs. I made yogurt for my kids before it was in stores. Maybe you are talking about Clabber.

You almost have me convinced to try some!

Yes, yogurt provides beneficial microbes to repleat colonic flora, especially after antibiotics throw everything out of balance. For people who are too sick to eat, there are yogurt enemas, and there are even more disgusting ways to re-establish normal colonic flora described out of Canada in the journals. If you can't imagine, I'll let you google. I don't endorse it!

And you don't need Activia and its B. regularis to get the benefits of yogurt. But hey, its making somebody rich!

I agree-some people just live to be mean spirited.

Roger Perry
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
When I was growing up my parents only bought custard, I don't remember us eating much ice cream. Too bad I cannot find any custard in South Florida. Heck, we don't even have cherry soda here.