PDA

View Full Version : Zinger Winger II question

Nate_C
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
I am looking at the ZW 2. It is just small enought to fit in my SUV and it seems to throw futher then the SOG and Mini-Z. Any thoughts or opinons? It is cheaper then the Mini-Z which confuses me. Is is built cheaper some how and does it throw significantly futher then the SOG/Mini-Z.

Huff
06-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I have the ZW2 and a friend has the SOG. The ZW2 does throw further than the SOG. I also think that the ZW2 is very well built.

Russell

Robert
06-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Dunno on the cost deal but I have both. ZW II and the SOB. ZW II throws much higher and further and seems better made in the hinge arms, although both are nice. Both only have one place to hook your bands rather than an extra set of hooks to vary your throws.

Mario Monico
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I believe the differance between the Zinger2 and the mini is the thay area wher you put the the primer for sound the Zinger2 only offers the 209 spot .

christinaA
06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I have three ZW II's that I have purchased one at a time over the last three years. I don't always have birds, and my problem was that they threw bumpers or dokens WAY too far. I purchased extra hooks and screws from ZW and installed a second set of hooks higher up the legs so I could adjust the throw.

Tim McGarry
07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Yep, the extra hooks are cheap (you can get em from any hardware store too). Extra hooks allow you to place the mark right where you want it for your scenario without moving your gun station.

fuchsr
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I have a ZW2 and it has only one set of hooks while I believe the mini has two, so you can vary the length of the throw.

I agree with the opinion expressed in some other replies that the throw of the Wingers is huge. What I did is restring it with the longer rubber tubing from the Field Trialer.

-r

I believe the differance between the Zinger2 and the mini is the thay area wher you put the the primer for sound the Zinger2 only offers the 209 spot .