PDA

View Full Version : Now This Is Really Dumb!

Franco
06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
The U of Alabama is erecting a statue of Nick Saban and there are concerns that it won't be ready for the brginning of the season.

Kind of like that rediculous statue of Bobby Bowden at UF.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2010/06/nick_saban_statue_might_not_be.html

Scout
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Is it dumb because all Alabama National Championship winning coaches have a statue there.

Or!

Is it dumb because he left LSU and left yall with the Mad Hatter.

Franco
06-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Actually, he did S La. well by leaving for the Dolphins. He signed Culpepper over Brees and the rest is history.;-)

Les won another NC since.

I just think it dumb to erect statues while the coach is still the active HC. If they are to be immortalized, it should be for the body of work over a career.

mjh345
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
The U of Alabama is erecting a statue of Nick Saban and there are concerns that it won't be ready for the brginning of the season.

UF has a statue of Bowden?

BonMallari
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
just be thankful that you dont have the Tim Tebow speech emblazoned on a wall for eternity...( the one about you'll never see anyone work harder.....):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bayou Magic
06-30-2010, 06:36 AM
This is a good thing! If everyone in LA would send one pigeon to UA, we could cover that statue with pigeon poo in no time.

fp

aandw
06-30-2010, 07:57 AM

bobby bowden is FSU. i cant believe a UF fan hasn't corrected you. i agree on erecting the statue this early in his tenure. not sure that saban likes it either.

Hew
06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
just be thankful that you dont have the Tim Tebow speech emblazoned on a wall for eternity...( the one about you'll never see anyone work harder.....):rolleyes::rolleyes:
As a UF fan, I'm thankful for Tebow's speech, his Heisman and his two national titles on display at the Heavner Center...for all eternity.

Does UT have Cart McCoy's X-rays emblazoned somewhere on campus? :p

Franco
06-30-2010, 08:13 AM
UF has a statue of Bowden?

Fla State!

Brain fart, I typed it last night while watching the CWS.;-)

dback
06-30-2010, 08:22 AM
As a UF fan, I'm thankful for Tebow's speech, his Heisman and his two national titles on display at the Heavner Center...for all eternity.

:-) :-) :-) ...can't wait for CFB season to get rolling....

Hew
06-30-2010, 08:40 AM
:-) :-) :-) ...can't wait for CFB season to get rolling....
I typed that just for you; knowing that you'd appreciate it. :D

Amen on the CFB gettin' started.

BonMallari
06-30-2010, 08:56 AM

No but the police blotter at the Austin PD reads BOOK EM HORNS

badbullgator
06-30-2010, 09:00 AM

X2.
I think it is silly for a coach that is still active to have a statue....it would make me feel uneasy if it were me. Statues are for the dead

depittydawg
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
X2.
I think it is silly for a coach that is still active to have a statue....it would make me feel uneasy if it were me. Statues are for the dead

Just curious, but when they lose the big game, do they tear the statues down?