PDA

View Full Version : When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck?

Ken Bora
06-29-2010, 10:17 PM
He guys,
I have another simple question.
I very much enjoyed learning mid-east history from last time and want to pick your brains again?
When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck? I saw on the news this evening that some nice feller was running for a political office in one of the northern states of Mexico. And he was gunned down in the street by those nasty cartel fellers. They shoot folk running for office in the street. Now I bought myself a military force. I picked it up second hand when I began paying taxes. I figger it is the best in the world, though others seem to challenge that, at times. I share my army with the rest of you, for while we are many, we act as one. We have members of our military all over the world. Building nations and promoting peace, through force. We pay for this, you and I. Actually, off topic I had a kid waiting tables for us who was an economic major at U.V.M. and he could take your taxable income and the amount of it you contributed to the general fund and the known percentage of that, that was for the publicly known military budget, at the time. And calculate what you paid to the military. It takes me two, two-week pay periods, to buy one rifle bullet!!!!! But all of us together buy some powerful stuff donít we. Sometimes I sit and wonder what my bullet did this month. Now we chose to have our military in Korea, and Germany, and Japan, and Cuba, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Kurdistan, Pakistan. Hereastan, Thereastan, Everywhereastanstan!
Yet there sits Mexico.
Our friendly neighbor to the south.
If you added up all those deaths from our fairly recent terror attacks and wars in the stans.
And compared all the loss of life from Mexico, from straight up killings to deaths of human traffic left in locked trucks to all the lives destroyed by the drugs. What number is higher? Do we have any of our military in Mexico? If not why? Where is the greater threat, half way around the world or a place I can drive my truck to?
When did we choose to let this happen? Did Manifest Destiny die at the pacific? What if there was no border at all. And going from Arizona to Sonora was the same as going from Vermont to Massachusetts?

depittydawg
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
He guys,
I have another simple question.
I very much enjoyed learning mid-east history from last time and want to pick your brains again?
When did we decide to let Mexico go to heck? I saw on the news this evening that some nice feller was running for a political office in one of the northern states of Mexico. And he was gunned down in the street by those nasty cartel fellers. They shoot folk running for office in the street. Now I bought myself a military force. I picked it up second hand when I began paying taxes. I figger it is the best in the world, though others seem to challenge that, at times. I share my army with the rest of you, for while we are many, we act as one. We have members of our military all over the world. Building nations and promoting peace, through force. We pay for this, you and I. Actually, off topic I had a kid waiting tables for us who was an economic major at U.V.M. and he could take your taxable income and the amount of it you contributed to the general fund and the known percentage of that, that was for the publicly known military budget, at the time. And calculate what you paid to the military. It takes me two, two-week pay periods, to buy one rifle bullet!!!!! But all of us together buy some powerful stuff donít we. Sometimes I sit and wonder what my bullet did this month. Now we chose to have our military in Korea, and Germany, and Japan, and Cuba, and Iraq, and Afghanistan, Kurdistan, Pakistan. Hereastan, Thereastan, Everywhereastanstan!
Yet there sits Mexico.
Our friendly neighbor to the south.
If you added up all those deaths from our fairly recent terror attacks and wars in the stans.
And compared all the loss of life from Mexico, from straight up killings to deaths of human traffic left in locked trucks to all the lives destroyed by the drugs. What number is higher? Do we have any of our military in Mexico? If not why? Where is the greater threat, half way around the world or a place I can drive my truck to?
When did we choose to let this happen? Did Manifest Destiny die at the pacific? What if there was no border at all. And going from Arizona to Sonora was the same as going from Vermont to Massachusetts?

Well, it's pretty standard to deploy your military at the extreme edges of your empire. Roman Legions were deployed throughout Africa, Germany, British Aisles. The British had their fleet in America, Africa, India, etc. Since the Monroe Doctrine, South America has been pretty much off limits to the rest of the world, hell we almost had a nuclear war over a stinking island off Florida.

You raise some profound questions. Why do we do it? I fall on the side of MONEY. Lot of money to be made blowing crap up and setting up puppet regimes around the world to funnel resources back to our industries. Then there is the Security argument. Some folks think we are safer at home because we have a giant military poised to attack and destroy anywhere on the planet at a moments notice. That's probably true to an extent. But it's damn expensive. It brought the Ruskies down. And in the end, probably won't last many more years for the United States either.

Ken Bora
10-28-2010, 09:11 PM
And today,
I saw that a town down there had all of its police officers quit.
Complete lawlessness, rule by cartel.
We have our military deployed around the globe defending the downtrodden.
Yet right here on our doorstop we have total lawlessness.
We should invade, for the common good of both sides of the border.
Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldn’t we just let Texas do it?
Those folk need help, we are getting attacked and invaded every day.
Why is this taking so long?

Franco
10-28-2010, 09:20 PM
And today,
Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldnít we just let Texas do it?

That is exactly what they want us to do!

If we invade, we will have to take care of them too. Build schools, hospitals, power grids, put them on SS etc. Afterall, that's the way our over-grown warm & fuzzy Fed Gov would handle it.

david gibson
10-28-2010, 09:25 PM
And today,
Actually, with the people and gear already in place, couldnít we just let Texas do it?

simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? thats been Rick Perry's MO, but now that he will be going for a record 3rd term i think the gloves will come off, he doesnt need the latino vote anymore after next week. go get'em rick!

rick perry is governor of the 10nth (or 7nth to 13nth depending on the source - who cares, its still big) largest economy in the world. he really needs to take the gloves off and start swinging.

Ken Bora
10-28-2010, 09:48 PM
simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? ....

How would it loose votes?
I only personally know 2 folk from
Mexico. Both are U.S. citizens, one is my dentist and one a
Waitress where I work. Both happen to be conservative,
Republican, religious folk. I have chatted with both on this topic.
My Dentist may actually have been the one that planted this invasion seed in my head.
They both want safety for their families down there.
But like I said in the O.P., I am hear to learn as some of you all may know more than the 2 I know, you know?

BonMallari
10-28-2010, 09:54 PM
simple - a large portion of their people live here and an even larger number of folks living here are related to folks that live there so what politician wants to risk losing their votes? thats been Rick Perry's MO, but now that he will be going for a record 3rd term i think the gloves will come off, he doesnt need the latino vote anymore after next week. go get'em rick!

rick perry is governor of the 10nth (or 7nth to 13nth depending on the source - who cares, its still big) largest economy in the world. he really needs to take the gloves off and start swinging.

As much as you would like to think Gov Goodhair will take matters into his own hands, he will not because he has bigger political ambitions...its time for Senators Cornyn and KBH to step up and get some federal help (which we know this administration wont do)...unfortunately it may take more bloodshed or God forbid a major catastrophe for the Feds to do anything

david gibson
10-28-2010, 10:11 PM
How would it loose votes?
I only personally know 2 folk from
Mexico. Both are U.S. citizens, one is my dentist and one a
Waitress where I work. Both happen to be conservative,
Republican, religious folk. I have chatted with both on this topic.
My Dentist may actually have been the one that planted this invasion seed in my head.
They both want safety for their families down there.
But like I said in the O.P., I am hear to learn as some of you all may know more than the 2 I know, you know?

dude - with all due respect you are in vermont, we are talking about Texas here. trust me, every texan knows more than 2 people from mexico as soon as they exit the womb.

and you should see the stats of mexican gangs infiltration in houston. scary scary scary, and just today i saw a guy in home depot with the trademark tattoos on his face that look like houston astro logos. google up ms-13, they are everywhere here as well. buddied up with the zetas now.....its a different world than when i was growing up here.

JDogger
10-28-2010, 10:52 PM
The reconquista...coming to your backyard, if it's not already there....

JD

BrianW
10-29-2010, 12:37 AM
First off because Obama would likely institute ROE like Afghanistan. Do you really want more military tribunals when our troops shoot cartel members in the butt and then support the dealers for the rest of their lives because their civil rights were violated?
Also -
Do you really want to hear Jimmy Carter lecturing us on behalf of the occupied Mexicans like he does for the Palestinians?
Don't give him another "cause", please! :mad:

bobbyb
10-30-2010, 03:49 PM
That is exactly what they want us to do!

If we invade, we will have to take care of them too. Build schools, hospitals, power grids, put them on SS etc. Afterall, that's the way our over-grown warm & fuzzy Fed Gov would handle it.

Yeah you're right !!! And yo man Charlie Melancon would vote FOR it Too..LOL
BobbyB
cajun

Gerry Clinchy
10-30-2010, 09:07 PM
If we can't solve our own problems WRT education, health care, social services ... you name it ... how could we ever hope to take on all those additional numbers of people & expect to be in a better position to solve any of the above problems, rather than just make it a larger task.

They say it costs too much to build a fence, but how much is it costing NOT to have the fence?

So ironic that there is so much rancor over AZ making Mexico angry enough to sue AZ ... yet what other country really had to build a wall to keep anyone OUT. Ancient China and Rome come to mind ... to protect from outsiders wanting to grab some (or all) of their wealth and power.

Mexico would rather not have anyone immigrate to their country, it appears
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/03/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

the legislation, signed April 23 by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, is similar to Reglamento de la Ley General de Poblacion — the General Law on Population enacted in Mexico in April 2000, which mandates that federal, local and municipal police cooperate with federal immigration authorities in that country in the arrests of illegal immigrants.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents.

"This sounds like the kind of law that a rational nation would have to protect itself against illegal immigrants — that would stop and punish the very people who are violating the law," said Rep. Steve King of Iowa, ranking Republican on the House Judiciary subcommittee on immigration, citizenship, refugees, border security and international law.

"Why would Mr. Calderon have any objections to an Arizona law that is less draconian than his own, one he has pledged to enforce?" Mr. King said.

It would appear that Mexico doesn't have a very big problem with illegal immigration ... either because of their very strong immigration law ... or because nobody really wants to go there to look for a job anyhow.