PDA

View Full Version : 11 Russian Spies Nabbed

Roger Perry
06-30-2010, 09:50 AM
How about that Obama administration ---- caught a bunch of Russian spies -------

The U.S. Justice Department announced the arrest of 10 men and women in New York, New Jersey, Cambridge, Mass., and the Washington, D.C,. area late on Monday. Their alleged boss, known as Christopher Metsos, was arrested the same day in Cyprus and freed on bail. All have been charged with conspiring to act as spies, and nine with conspiracy to commit money laundering.

huntinman
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
A bigger question is how long did obama know about them and why did he not confront the Russian president about it last week? Didn't want to spoil the hamburger lunch I guess.

Franco
06-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Too bad he can't catch any of the illegals destroying USA property, stealing USA jobs and costing USA tax payers billions.

Roger Perry
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
A bigger question is how long did obama know about them and why did he not confront the Russian president about it last week? Didn't want to spoil the hamburger lunch I guess.

A better question would be ---- If the spies were known to be here since 2000 why did the Bush administration not catch them?

The Justice Department announced the arrests of 10 suspects on Monday in the multi-year investigation, which dates back to 2000.
Two of those arrested, 40-year-old Michael Zottoli and 31-year-old Patricia Mills, lived in a Seattle apartment before moving to Arlington, Virginia in October, 2009, the complaint said.
Zottoli, who claimed he was a U.S. citizen born in Yonkers, N.Y., and Mills, who purported to be a Canadian citizen, are married. Zottoli has been in the U.S. Since 2001, investigators said, and Mills has lived in the country since 2003.

ducknwork
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Congratulations to the administration. That's what you were looking for right?;)

Maybe now he should go have a cheeseburger with them.

BonMallari
06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
instead of trying to make this subject a Dem/Rep issue how about giving kudos to the justice dept for doing their job and keeping America safe...isnt that what we should be celebrating

ducknwork
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
instead of trying to make this subject a Dem/Rep issue how about giving kudos to the justice dept for doing their job and keeping America safe...isnt that what we should be celebrating

That's what I meant, even if it did sound a little bit smartass.

road kill
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Im sorry Bon, but the whole point of this thread from Roger was to insult Bush;
"A better question would be ---- If the spies were known to be here since 2000 why did the Bush administration not catch them?"

But not everyone is as glee filled as the Rog!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704103904575337041000860662.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.6e39b4356db3f9767b7dd94f29693e4 1.2f1&show_article=1

But hey, we are all "reset" now!!

rk:D

YardleyLabs
07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Hopefully the decision to delay arrests and keep the suspects under observation for 9-10 years produced some good intelligence, and hopefully the timing of the arrests reflected similar judgment that it was time to roll things up before there were damages to our security. I would hate to think that either administration would make these decisions for partisan political reasons.

huntinman
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Hopefully the decision to delay arrests and keep the suspects under observation for 9-10 years produced some good intelligence, and hopefully the timing of the arrests reflected similar judgment that it was time to roll things up before there were damages to our security. I would hate to think that either administration would make these decisions for partisan political reasons.

Jeff, I don't know you, but I know you can't be that naive.

YardleyLabs
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Jeff, I don't know you, but I know you can't be that naive.
Are you seriously suggesting that the Bush administration let these guys operate for a decade for political gain?:confused::confused:

huntinman
07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that the Bush administration let these guys operate for a decade for political gain?:confused::confused:

No, and I'm not suggesting Bambi and his gang didn't.

T. Mac
07-01-2010, 01:56 PM
According to the write up of this in my local paper, the government knew about this going on for some time and was monitoring the communications. The reason why they were not arrested sooner was that no secret information of any value was ever communicated from the suspects to their handlers, and the fact that one of the suspects was about to leave the country, possibly for good. And it was unkown and a mystery what their purpose was as they were not in any social circles that would have yielded and meaningful data.

paul young
07-01-2010, 03:01 PM
sometimes it's better to watch and wait. the justice dept. knew who they were and what information they acquired.

i'm also sure that they didn't catch them all at once. they probably were able to expose 2 and then, over the course of the investigation, were able to uncover more and more of them.

the narcotics investigators work the same way. many of their investigations span years.

no big whoop, just our guys doing their job. i say well done by all.-Paul

Lucky Seven
07-02-2010, 09:18 AM
How about that Obama administration ---- caught a bunch of Russian spies -------

The U.S. Justice Department announced the arrest of 10 men and women in New York, New Jersey, Cambridge, Mass., and the Washington, D.C,. area late on Monday. Their alleged boss, known as Christopher Metsos, was arrested the same day in Cyprus and freed on bail. All have been charged with conspiring to act as spies, and nine with conspiracy to commit money laundering.

So Roger, Where should Obama and Holder keeps these people??

GITMO ????

Or in your Liberal mind, What ocean front prison or ocean view cell should they get ????

I mean these are the type of people that Holder usually defends ...... so he should know best. Right ????

road kill
07-02-2010, 09:27 AM

I am seriously suggesting that everything the Obama administration does is a calculated political move!!

rk

BrianW
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM

Apparently State is upset at Justice as the timing is "embarrassing"

The State Department meanwhile styled the episode as a remnant of the Cold War covert intelligence struggle between spymasters in Moscow and Washington that would not have a lasting impact on ties.

"We’re moving towards a more trusting relationship. We’re beyond the Cold War; our relations absolutely demonstrate that," said Phil Gordon, assistant secretary of state for European Affairs.

What a relief. Now we don't have to worry that the Obama administration might take Russia’s aggressive and extensive espionage effort the wrong way.
After all, this effort was obviously meant to be a further sign from Russia of their respect and regard for their close friend, the United States. In the same spirit of the Russians supplying Iran with an air defense system.

david gibson
07-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure if obama actually new at the time that they were spys he would have granted then amnesty and a cabinate position

pete

bingo! we have a winner!

Roger Perry
07-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Im sorry Bon, but the whole point of this thread from Roger was to insult Bush;
"A better question would be ---- If the spies were known to be here since 2000 why did the Bush administration not catch them?"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704103904575337041000860662.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.6e39b4356db3f9767b7dd94f29693e4 1.2f1&show_article=1

But hey, we are all "reset" now!!

rk:D

Sorry, the point of the thread was not intended as an insult to Dumbya. I was just answering a question posed by Bill. He asked how long Obama knew of the spies and I just answered his question.

A bigger question is how long did obama know about them and why did he not confront the Russian president about it last week?

Kapish?

ducknwork
07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
A bigger question is how long did obama know about them and why did he not confront the Russian president about it last week?
[COLOR=red]

Because that was not the proper way to handle it.

Do you think he should have asked him about the spies while they were eating their cheeseburgers? I don't.

subroc
07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I am not sure what I think about this prisoner swap.

BTW, Anna Chapman is pretty hot...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1292745/Russia-offers-spy-swap-U-S--deal-place-Britain.html