PDA

View Full Version : shootout/border

gmhr1
07-02-2010, 03:57 PM
This is why we need Gov Brewer and Obama needs to get off his rear and do something NOW

massive gun battle between rival drug and migrant trafficking gangs near the U.S. border Thursday left 21 people dead and at least six others wounded, prosecutors said.

The fire fight occurred in a sparsely populated area about 12 miles from the Arizona border, near the city of Nogales, that is considered a prime corridor for immigrant and drug smuggling.

To top it off a federal Judge just ruled that Mexico can sue Az for SB1070

dnf777
07-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Its easy to criticize and call names. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? Would you look to the great conservative patriarch Ronald Reagan on how to deal with illegal immigrants? God, I hope not!

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Its easy to criticize and call names. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? Would you look to the great conservative patriarch Ronald Reagan on how to deal with illegal immigrants? God, I hope not!

LOCK IT DOWN.....

BETTER YOURS AND MINE...then theirs....

Thier drugs polute our youth, they prevent otherwise employable adults from even functioning.....thier gangs are below dispicable, they too corrupt our youth...

I say, LOCK THE FRICKEN BOARDER DOWN....NO MORE means NO MORE!!!

D.A.R.E didnt work....becasue drug cartels dont read or write ENGLISH...and could care less really.

No more patty cake patty cake ....with these cartels, and corrupt governments, if they cant get there people in check, we are not resonsible for them...there actions should be awarded with a swift and definite punishment....YOU FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Give TEXAS, AZ, NM, CA...what we need and SHUT IT DOWN!!!!

NCA

gmhr1
07-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Obama needs to stand behind AZ and not challenge our law in court let us take care of our State since the Federal Govt won't.

BonMallari
07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
its really sad how people in non border States are somewhat ambivalent to those that actually live in or near the trouble hot spots..I even see that same sentiment in my old home town full of tree hugging granola eating birkenstock wearing libs in Austin...they turn a blind eye to the problem because to many its half a world away...

well guess what people its on your back door step,been there for years, but unfortunately the problem has escalated beyond what was once minimally acceptable..IMHO this administration is waiting with the same sense of urgency it has displayed on the coast and is waiting for a chance to capitalize on the situation politcally

SHUT THE BORDER DOWN NOW....

dback
07-02-2010, 05:02 PM

First and foremost.....secure the border!!!!! Stop the problem from getting worse. After that it gets 'sticky'....you can;

1)Give blanket amnesty.
2)Deport every illegal.
3)Case by case deportation.
4)Opportunity to work towards 'Nationalization' with some ground work for that opportunity.

IMHO.....#1 is a monster problem, #2 won't work, #3 would just become #1 and #4 in some form may be the best option. O prepped you all yesterday with his speech for a blanket amnesty thereby making Arizona's and any similar law moot. When it happens....you all owe me $100.00 each for letting you know this in advance. ;-)

depittydawg
07-02-2010, 05:03 PM
SHUT THE BORDER DOWN NOW....

That sounds like "Drill Baby Drill"

Marvin S
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
LOCK IT DOWN.....

Thier drugs polute our youth, they prevent otherwise employable adults from even functioning.....thier gangs are below dispicable, they too corrupt our youth...

D.A.R.E didnt work....becasue drug cartels dont read or write ENGLISH...and could care less really.

No more patty cake patty cake ....with these cartels, and corrupt governments, if they cant get there people in check, we are not resonsible for them...there actions should be awarded with a swift and definite punishment....YOU FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

NCA

IMO - the reason drugs exist & will continue to is that we reward the people responsible for cleaning it up with more funds & more officers. Maybe someone on this forum could explain to me why this is not counter productive :confused:.

Obama's Drug Czar, Kerlikowske, was one of the most permissive Police Chiefs in Seattle's history, & that takes some doing :(.

dnf777
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
LOCK IT DOWN.....

NCA

Most of our drug problems here in rural Pa are from home-baked meth labs, not mexican dope. And I always hear that illegals do the menial labor that proud Americans WON'T do! But besides those fallacies, I agree with you on shutting down the border.

Its like the oil spill. You can skim, burn, shovel, scrub....whatever you want...but until you stop the flow, the problem won't go away. Stopping the flow means securing the boarder for one, and having HARSH penalties for employers who ignore the labor laws and employ them.

After all the debate and finger pointing, I say give AZ their law. Let them divert resources and see what happens! I can tell you what will happen. Very little to nothing. That's like giving Johnny a bucket and shovel and telling him he's solving the oil spill problem.

dback
07-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Most of our drug problems here in rural Pa are from home-baked meth labs, not mexican dope. And I always hear that illegals do the menial labor that proud Americans WON'T do! But besides those fallacies, I agree with you on shutting down the border.

Its like the oil spill. You can skim, burn, shovel, scrub....whatever you want...but until you stop the flow, the problem won't go away. Stopping the flow means securing the boarder for one, and having HARSH penalties for employers who ignore the labor laws and employ them.

After all the debate and finger pointing, I say give AZ their law. Let them divert resources and see what happens! I can tell you what will happen. Very little to nothing. That's like giving Johnny a bucket and shovel and telling him he's solving the oil spill problem.

I can tell you what is happening.....a mass exodus, and not back to Mexico.....and the law hasn't (and probably never will) taken affect yet.

road kill
07-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Of course if AZ does get some positive results, uh oh!!

Then the Feds will have to put up or shut up.

Can't have that.

rk

dnf777
07-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I can tell you what is happening.....a mass exodus, and not back to Mexico.....and the law hasn't (and probably never will) taken affect yet.

Yeah, but that's because they read the jobs report yesterday. They're headed to China. :rolleyes:

Franco
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
The last Amnesty was a failure and just encouraged more illegal migration into the USA. Amnesty 2 would lead to more illegal migration from Mexico, Central American and the rest of the world. Say goodbye to any Anglo Culture left in this country!

The most cost friendly and effective way of securing the border is through a show of strength and that means shooting suspected drog cartel members in the lawless section of Arizona. Placing sniper teams at strategic locations would bring law and order to the region.

Maybe too sever or tough but, I'm all for protecting the USA!

USA Citizens First! A concept lost on those parisites in DC.

kb27_99
07-02-2010, 11:56 PM

Is your home run by solar or wind power? Does your car or truck run on water? If the answer is no then quick making yourself look like a bigger dumb a** please.

And yes for the time being, DRILL BABY DRILL! Until better technology is available that’s our best option.

M&K's Retrievers
07-03-2010, 12:05 AM

How in the Hell did you read that into her post?

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-03-2010, 03:28 AM

Kinda sounds like one is contradicting the other...which is it a "fallacy" or does shutting down the board "stop the flow"

Problem with your Penn. reasoning is YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A BOARDER STATE...and yea 95 is a MAJOR route of mexican dope....Texas to ATL through to NY...with drop points all allong 95.....

home cooked dope is a direct result of truck loads of raw aphedamine (Sp) comming from MEXICO....believe it.

NCA

david gibson
07-03-2010, 08:21 AM

your constant "reagans fault" on this issue is not credible and does not come close to comparing. how many did he grant amnesty to, 3 million? much less than now, and he apparently regretted it later. BUT - back then we didnt have shootouts all over the place down there and beheadings and murders and AK-47 bullets hitting city hall in El Paso and cartels threatening to kill US lawmen.

so please, quit making comparisons that are invalid just to try protect this loser you voted for.

its inevitable that this violence will eventually cross the border, and when a US lawman is killed on our side the blood will be on obamas hands and you will surely still support him somehow.

"our borders are safer than ever" - he says after all this? when has El Paso ever had bulletts hit their City Hall?

just like "the economy is heading in the right direction" yeah, right.

how much job growth did we have last month? uhhhhh-huh. they are doing just what they did in the election - telling people what they want to hear. only the fools believed them then, and only the bigger fools believe them now.

dnf777
07-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Kinda sounds like one is contradicting the other...which is it a "fallacy" or does shutting down the board "stop the flow"

Problem with your Penn. reasoning is YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A BOARDER STATE...and yea 95 is a MAJOR route of mexican dope....Texas to ATL through to NY...with drop points all allong 95.....

home cooked dope is a direct result of truck loads of raw aphedamine (Sp) comming from MEXICO....believe it.

NCA

If you kept up with the news, you would know that the town of Hazelton, Pa enacted laws similar to AZ, YEARS ago, and faced numerous appeals road blocks. Arizona is just now doing what a small immigrant-ridden town in Pennsylvania already tried long ago. Next, someone will accuse Pennsylvanians of knowing NOTHING about drilling for oil. Oops, already had to dispel that one!

Does this sound somewhat familiar??

Immigration is a job that has always been handled by the federal government. Asked why he is getting involved, Barletta tells Kroft, "Well, obviously if the federal government was doing something about it you wouldn't be here today. And I wouldn't be talking about it. I mean, we're over 2,000 miles from the nearest Mexican border. So, if cities like Hazleton, Pennsylvania, that sits on top of a mountain is having an illegal immigration problem, I can only imagine what it's like elsewhere in the United States.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/17/60minutes/main2195789.shtml

For us, the whole Arizona flap is just rehashing old hat. Been there, done that. Good luck.

dnf777
07-03-2010, 08:26 AM
your constant "reagans fault" on this issue is not credible and does not come close to comparing. how many did he grant amnesty to, 3 million? much less than now, and he apparently regretted it later. BUT - back then we didnt have shootouts all over the place down there and beheadings and murders and AK-47 bullets hitting city hall in El Paso and cartels threatening to kill US lawmen.

so please, quit making comparisons that are invalid just to try protect this loser you voted for.

its inevitable that this violence will eventually cross the border, and when a US lawman is killed on our side the blood will be on obamas hands and you will surely still support him somehow.

"our borders are safer than ever" - he says after all this? when has El Paso ever had bulletts hit their City Hall?

just like "the economy is heading in the right direction" yeah, right.

how much job growth did we have last month? uhhhhh-huh. they are doing just what they did in the election - telling people what they want to hear. only the fools believed them then, and only the bigger fools believe them now.

Point of correction: I didn't vote for Obama.

Udder'nat, points taken. But I wasn't trying to compare Reagan to the current situation, rather I was pointing out the total lack of a viable plan to deal with this problem from EITHER side of the aisle....because as we both know, politics and the almighty dollar trump all other concerns. So go ahead and bash Obama all you want...he deserves it on this topic....and remember, we've already seen what YOUR messiahs have done, and appropriately bashed them also.

If being broken generates profit or power, don't look for a fix anytime soon

dave

BonMallari
07-03-2010, 12:01 PM

actually I would like to think its more in the tone of

" Bring this wall down, Mr Gorbachev "- President Ronald Reagan

only this time the wall needs to be put up...the Bush administration shares in the fault of not closing the border, they had the tragedy of 9-11 and the sentiment of the American public behind them, but they dropped the ball too...

Roger Perry
07-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey, we could always have the military line up hand in hand and have them play red rover red rover ----- but we would need to get them back from Iraq and Afghanistan first.

BonMallari
07-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey, we could always have the military line up hand in hand and have them play red rover red rover ----- but we would need to get them back from Iraq and Afghanistan first.

you gotta admit guys thats funny...Good one Roger ;)