PDA

View Full Version : Where do they find them???

depittydawg
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Ever wonder where the Republican Party finds its leaders and mouth pieces? This guy has been an embarrassment since his first day on center stage. Hopefully this one will get him fired.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/02/dust-up-over-steeles-view-of-afghan-war/?hp
Michael Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee, drew fierce criticism on Friday after declaring at a party fund-raiser that the United States was on the wrong side of history with its conflict in Afghanistan, a military fight he called “a war of Obama’s choosing.”

The comments prompted William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard and a leading voice of conservative support for the war in Afghanistan, to call for Mr. Steele’s resignation as party leader.

“Your tenure has, of course, been marked by gaffes and embarrassments, but I for one have never paid much attention to them, and have never thought they would matter much to the success of the causes and principles we share,” Mr. Kristol wrote Friday. He added, “Needless to say, the war in Afghanistan was not ‘a war of Obama’s choosing.’ It has been prosecuted by the United States under Presidents Bush and Obama.”

road kill
07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
He is no where near as embarrassing as Obama!!

Over the recent years the leaders of the DNC have been caricatures of themselves.

rk

dnf777
07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
He's a great fit for the modern republican party. I'd leave him alone.

road kill
07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
He's a great fit for the modern republican party. I'd leave him alone.
Is that you independent middle of the road opinion?
Or a veiw from the progressive left?

rk

depittydawg
07-02-2010, 05:41 PM

rk

Neither. Just an opinion of the man and his penchant for always saying something stupid or inflamatory. Kind of like Sarah Palin.

dnf777
07-02-2010, 06:18 PM

rk

Hey, YOU guys picked him, NOT ME!
I think he's doin' a mighty fine job, and would like to see him permanently tenured in his position. And that's my 'make my mind up as I go' opinion!

road kill
07-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey, YOU guys picked him, NOT ME!
I think he's doin' a mighty fine job, and would like to see him permanently tenured in his position. And that's my 'make my mind up as I go' opinion!
Lets measure his success in November?

rk

dnf777
07-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Lets measure his success in November?

rk

Last November?

bobbyb
07-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Ever wonder where the Republican Party finds its leaders and mouth pieces? This guy has been an embarrassment since his first day on center stage. Hopefully this one will get him fired.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/02/dust-up-over-steeles-view-of-afghan-war/?hp
Michael Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee, drew fierce criticism on Friday after declaring at a party fund-raiser that the United States was on the wrong side of history with its conflict in Afghanistan, a military fight he called “a war of Obama’s choosing.”

The comments prompted William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard and a leading voice of conservative support for the war in Afghanistan, to call for Mr. Steele’s resignation as party leader.

“Your tenure has, of course, been marked by gaffes and embarrassments, but I for one have never paid much attention to them, and have never thought they would matter much to the success of the causes and principles we share,” Mr. Kristol wrote Friday. He added, “Needless to say, the war in Afghanistan was not ‘a war of Obama’s choosing.’ It has been prosecuted by the United States under Presidents Bush and Obama.”
and Joe Biden and that senator that thought that if they moved the military base from one end of Guam to the other side it would tip over is NOT ?
BobbyB
cajun

JDogger
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
He is no where near as embarrassing as Obama!!

rk

of course he's an embarrasment to ya, he got voted in over your guy.:p

Have happy and safe fourth...everyone!

JD

Leddyman
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I never was a big Michael Steel fan. Still he can't hold a candle to your vice president when it comes to stupid.

JDogger
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I never was a big Michael Steel fan. Still he can't hold a candle to your vice president when it comes to stupid.

That's our VP leddyman...we're all on this bus together...like it or not. It's not a freakin' football game, for god's sake. Some other Bozo will come to replace this one, and then the other side will carp, bleat, warble and ululate, until they're accussed of being "un-american", cause the current "messiah" ain't everybody's cup o' tea...

Respect the man...yea or nay...it's your right...but respect the office...or yer just pissin' in the wind.

JD

BonMallari
07-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Michael Steele was made chairman of the RNC by the narrowest of margins and for ONE reason only....they needed someone who could nullify the race card...Steele can make stupid comments and be a totally inefficient RNC chairman, but the Rep. Party needed a bomb thrower and he is it...its awfully hard to call a man of color a racist

Pals
07-03-2010, 06:22 AM
pelosi, biden, reed, frank, boxer.......yep where do they find them?

under a rock. Both parties have total out of touch, elitist morons.

dnf777
07-03-2010, 07:14 AM
...its awfully hard to call a man of color a racist

No it isn't! Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are racists.
That was easy.
Steele is just stupid.

Dave Flint
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
It's called "affirmative action".

(I'm not a fan)

mjh345
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM

BINGO!!!!!

charly_t
07-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Yep, total lack of understanding how real life is lived by most in this country. What really bothers me is the fact that they are so dumb that thay can't look around and learn.........or...
......else they don't care if they ruin our country for the next generation ( including their own family ). How could anyone be that selfish !!!!

depittydawg
07-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Yep, total lack of understanding how real life is lived by most in this country. What really bothers me is the fact that they are so dumb that thay can't look around and learn.........or...
......else they don't care if they ruin our country for the next generation ( including their own family ). How could anyone be that selfish !!!!

What have Pelosi, et. al. done that has "ruined" our country?

depittydawg
07-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Both parties have total out of touch, elitist morons.

Something we can agree on!

Clint Watts
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Something we can agree on!

I agree with this one also.

charly_t
07-04-2010, 04:59 PM
What have Pelosi, et. al. done that has "ruined" our country?

WHAT have they not done is a better question ? Of course what she said goes for almost all in elected offices anymore. If we could find honest people with some moral fiber to vote for it woud be a cause for great celebration. I see them passing more and more poorly thought out laws instead of doing away with the previously badly thought out laws. THAT goes for both parties. kid. I am not partial to either major party.

zeus3925
07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
WHAT have they not done is a better question ? Of course what she said goes for almost all in elected offices anymore. If we could find honest people with some moral fiber to vote for it woud be a cause for great celebration. I see them passing more and more poorly thought out laws instead of doing away with the previously badly thought out laws. THAT goes for both parties. kid. I am not partial to either major party.

The reason for that is the big shots spent $3.5 billion on lobbying this past year. That kind of cash buys access and a whole lot more. The people no longer have control of the government.

charly_t
07-05-2010, 09:34 AM
The reason for that is the big shots spent $3.5 billion on lobbying this past year. That kind of cash buys access and a whole lot more. The people no longer have control of the government.

Yep. No moral fiber. No honesty.

Eric Johnson
07-05-2010, 10:34 AM
While we are on the subject.....how about that Dr. Howard Dean? Seems like we have a tie.

Eric

road kill
07-05-2010, 10:37 AM
While we are on the subject.....how about that Dr. Howard Dean? Seems like we have a tie.

Eric
I'll spot you one Howard Dean and raise you a James Carville!!:D

rk

paul young
07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Michael Steele was made chairman of the RNC by the narrowest of margins and for ONE reason only....they needed someone who could nullify the race card...Steele can make stupid comments and be a totally inefficient RNC chairman, but the Rep. Party needed a bomb thrower and he is it...its awfully hard to call a man of color a racist

no, it isn't hard at all Bon; SOME people do it on here ALL THE TIME..........