PDA

View Full Version : What Makes an AMERICAN??

road kill
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJSG1umIoU&feature=popular

rk:D

M&K's Retrievers
07-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't let Dave see this. It'll ruin his holiday.:D

YardleyLabs
07-04-2010, 12:44 PM
"Being American is not a matter of blood or birth. It's a matter of faith. It's a matter of fidelity to the xhared values that we all hold so dear. That's what makes us unique. That's what makes us strong. Anybody can help us write the next great chapter in our history." -- Barack Obama

I have no problem with this statement and believe it is a good thing to remember on the anniversary of our Declaration of independence.

depittydawg
07-04-2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJSG1umIoU&feature=popular

rk:D

Nice piece of manufactured propaganda.

dnf777
07-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't let Dave see this. It'll ruin his holiday.:D

No, not really. You just like to think that your political persuasion is the only true American one. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Fact is, many Irish and Scottish soldiers fought and died in both the Revolutionary War (not to mention British-born colonists) and Civil War. Our victory in WWII was in large part due to German and Italian immigrants, do you not agree?

What do you really think Obama was referring to in that repetitive film loop? His birth certificate, or more likely, a question regarding legal immigration? And the contributions of immigrants? Come on, tell the truth here. Sorry to dismantle your fun, but damn, as you said, the truth sometimes hurts!

M&K's Retrievers
07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
No, not really. You just like to think that your political persuasion is the only true American one. I have never said that. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Fact is, many Irish and Scottish soldiers fought and died in both the Revolutionary War (not to mention British-born colonists) and Civil War. Our victory in WWII was in large part due to German and Italian immigrants, do you not agree? What has this to do with my poking fun at you?

What do you really think Obama was referring to in that repetitive film loop? His birth certificate, or more likely, a question regarding legal immigration? And the contributions of immigrants? Come on, tell the truth here.Don't care what obama was referring to or for that matter anything else he has to say. If his lips are moving, he is probably lying. Sorry to dismantle your fun, but damn, as you said, the truth sometimes hurts!And you sir, as pointed out in another post, need to lighten up

Now, back to the grand kids, But Lite, sparklers, tanks, smoke bombs and a few illegal bottle rockets.:-P

dnf777
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Now, back to the grand kids, But Lite, sparklers, tanks, smoke bombs and a few illegal bottle rockets.:-P

I'll agree with the lightening up, sparklers, and all that!

Have a great 4th!

ps....where did you find bottlerockets!!!????

freefall319
07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
...where did you find bottlerockets!!!????

Thank you Wyoming, where almost anything realted to Fireworks are sold & cheap too!:cool:

M&K's Retrievers
07-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Have a great 4th!

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.:D Actually, we bought a butt load of them several years ago and use a few each year. Got them from a friend who has his ATF fireworks license. You wouldn't believe the stuff he can get.

road kill
07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
No, not really. You just like to think that your political persuasion is the only true American one. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Fact is, many Irish and Scottish soldiers fought and died in both the Revolutionary War (not to mention British-born colonists) and Civil War. Our victory in WWII was in large part due to German and Italian immigrants, do you not agree?

What do you really think Obama was referring to in that repetitive film loop? His birth certificate, or more likely, a question regarding legal immigration? And the contributions of immigrants? Come on, tell the truth here. Sorry to dismantle your fun, but damn, as you said, the truth sometimes hurts!

How many of them were here illegally???

rk

dnf777
07-04-2010, 03:50 PM
How many of them were here illegally???

rk

Ask your local Native American.....he'll tell you! :(

dnf777
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.:D Actually, we bought a butt load of them several years ago and use a few each year. Got them from a friend who has his ATF fireworks license. You wouldn't believe the stuff he can get.

There's a dentist here who has his license, and we put on a show down by the river at the annual pig roast that rivals most small towns! Still can't find bottle rockets though...:-x:-x

(probably just as well.....it would be poor style for me to show up in my own trauma bay explaining why a red stick is coming out of my ear... not that we would launch them at each other....) :cool:

freefall319
07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I can't believe that you all would take a holiday like this and make it a political cluster..........

How about calling a truce for a day and just enjoy the freedom that so many have fought and died for.

Happy 4th to EVERY AMERICAN! Regardless of how you vote...........

BonMallari
07-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Have a great 4th!

Moapa India reservation, right off interstate 15 just north of Las Vegas...many Indian tribes are exempt from certain laws in their states.

HAVE A GREAT FOURTH OF JULY.....GOD BLESS AMERICA & GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS

road kill
07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I can't believe that you all would take a holiday like this and make it a political cluster..........

How about calling a truce for a day and just enjoy the freedom that so many have fought and died for.

Happy 4th to EVERY AMERICAN! Regardless of how you vote...........

That's what we do!!??!!??:D

stan b

gman0046
07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Most Southern States sell Fireworks including all types of rockets. For some reason many Yankee states outlaw Fireworks. The same seems to apply with handguns and concealed carry permits as well.

dnf777
07-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Most Southern States sell Fireworks including all types of rockets. For some reason many Yankee states outlaw Fireworks. The same seems to apply with handguns and concealed carry permits as well.

I remember living in Texas waiting to move back to Pennsylvania so I could get my CWP. Been around here much longer.

I remember bottlerockets being outlawed right before I left, and that was '87.

I'm about 50 hours into a 72 hour shift covering the ER. Had one 5yo step on a smoke bomb with burns to his foot. Last July 4 I worked was in Louisiana, and I had more blast injuries to hands than most of my patients that day could count on their fingers. Maybe that has something to do with why they're being outlawed? Before you say its their God-given right to blow their fingers off, and it is, just remember who paid their ER bills.....YOU did!

depittydawg
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I remember living in Texas waiting to move back to Pennsylvania so I could get my CWP. Been around here much longer.

I remember bottlerockets being outlawed right before I left, and that was '87.

I'm about 50 hours into a 72 hour shift covering the ER. Had one 5yo step on a smoke bomb with burns to his foot. Last July 4 I worked was in Louisiana, and I had more blast injuries to hands than most of my patients that day could count on their fingers. Maybe that has something to do with why they're being outlawed? Before you say its their God-given right to blow their fingers off, and it is, just remember who paid their ER bills.....YOU did!

Now there you go giving us a dose of reality again... You know that's gonna piss everybody off. :(

gman0046
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey dnf, it must be great living in Franklin, PA. Please tell us what you have to do to purchase a handgun. It must really be fun when you have to register them. Sure glad we don't have those Yankee laws down here.

david gibson
07-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Ask your local Native American.....he'll tell you! :(

hmmm...lets see, the native americans were not organized on this land as a sovereign state and had no laws against immigration, so 100% of them (irish, germans, etc) were legal

david gibson
07-05-2010, 10:53 PM
"Being American is not a matter of blood or birth. It's a matter of faith. It's a matter of fidelity to the xhared values that we all hold so dear. That's what makes us unique. That's what makes us strong. Anybody can help us write the next great chapter in our history." -- Barack Obama

I have no problem with this statement and believe it is a good thing to remember on the anniversary of our Declaration of independence.

sounds like he's talking about himself here. Freudian slip regards....

dnf777
07-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Hey dnf, it must be great living in Franklin, PA. Please tell us what you have to do to purchase a handgun. It must really be fun when you have to register them. Sure glad we don't have those Yankee laws down here.

I won't insult my southern friends and family by calling your ignorant attitude "typical".....I know it's not. But it is ignorant.

To answer your question, I walk into a store, fill out a 30 second form, and walk out with a gun after paying for it. As for "yankee laws", I assume you mean the right to carry a concealed weapon, as my whole time growing up in Texas, that was prohibited, while PA has allowed for it all along? Didn't realize you were anti-gun???

YardleyLabs
07-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Gman definitely picked the wrong state in making assumptions about weapons possession. Pennsylvania is an "at right" state where a concealed carry permit must be issued within 45 days unless the state determines (subject to appeal) that the applicant is legally prohibited from gun ownership because of criminal history, history of mental illness, or the existence of a court restraining order. No permit is required to purchase or possess a pistol. There have been legislative efforts to limit purchases to two guns/month, but these have been defeated and could be deemed unconstitutional under the state constitution anyway. No locality is permitted to adopt laws more restrictive than the state laws limiting possession. Carry permits are good for five years and my last one cost $12. The only paperwork filed when purchasing a pistol is that required under Federal law. Now, New Jersey is a completely different situation. If I cross into NJ carrying my pistol loaded with hollow point ammo, as is normally the case, I would be subject to a multi-year sentence. The only mitigating factor would be that the pistol is legal. However, that would not protect me from the penalties associated with possessing "cop killer" ammunition. While procedures exist for non-residents to obtain carry permits in NJ, I only know of one instance where this was done. In PA, carry permits are honored from almost every state in the country.

gman0046
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
How about PA requiring guns to be registered? You didn't address that.

dnf777
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for taking the time to explain that Jeff. But you made the mistake of using facts again when dealing with someone who is more interested in kindling old Civil War grudges that learning the truth about anything. As you said, Pa has consistently been one of the leading gun-rights states, FAR ahead of Texas. Having lived in both states, I know this first hand. Opening day of buck season in Pennsylvania has been considered the largest assemblage of armed men (and women) in the world, on that given day, and I find it humorous to be questioned on our gun rights!

Oh yeah, Gman...as for those "yankee laws" you sure is glad you ain't got.....how 'bout the SECOND AMENDMENT of the Constitution?? I believe that was scribed and passed in "yankee land"????? Hmmm...where was that darned old Constitutional Convention again??...oh yeah, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!! Feel kinda silly now, don't you? :D:D:D

gman0046
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Another "Know It All" post by dnf. He still won't address gun registration in PA. I've lived in Houston and Dallas and know you could by all the handguns you want in Texas with no registration. How about the Texas Law on traveling through several different counties with a handgun? Maybe thats something you don't know about and its been in effect long before PA's concealed carry law.

YardleyLabs
07-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I have never registered my guns on anything except the Federal forms. The following summary of PA laws is provided at about.com:

Rifles and Shotguns
Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No
Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? NoHandguns
Permit to purchase handgun? No
Registration of handguns? No
Licensing of owners of handguns? No
Permit to carry handguns? YesPurchase

Any individual or dealer selling a handgun is required to sell or transfer it at the place of business of a licensed dealer or county sheriff’s office. Transfers of all firearms (handguns, rifles and shotguns) by a licensed dealer are subject to an instant records check of the purchaser.
The purchaser must sign a transfer application/record of sale for the purchase of a handgun.
No transfer application/record is necessary to transfer a rifle or shotgun.
There is a $2 fee for the instant check and a $3 firearm sale surcharge to cover telephone costs.

depittydawg
07-06-2010, 01:01 PM

Registering guns is a good thing. Unless your afraid you might get caught next time you rob a liquor store?

depittydawg
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I have never registered my guns on anything except the Federal forms. The following summary of PA laws is provided at about.com:

Rifles and Shotguns
Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No
Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? NoHandguns
Permit to purchase handgun? No
Registration of handguns? No
Licensing of owners of handguns? No
Permit to carry handguns? YesPurchase

Any individual or dealer selling a handgun is required to sell or transfer it at the place of business of a licensed dealer or county sheriff’s office. Transfers of all firearms (handguns, rifles and shotguns) by a licensed dealer are subject to an instant records check of the purchaser.
The purchaser must sign a transfer application/record of sale for the purchase of a handgun.
No transfer application/record is necessary to transfer a rifle or shotgun.
There is a $2 fee for the instant check and a $3 firearm sale surcharge to cover telephone costs.

Why do you bother to answer these mindless boobs? It's not a debate. They can't debate. They're too close minded to accept any data or facts concerning issues they've been programmed to respond to.
Any disagreement comes down to my way or the hiway with them. They don't listen. The only way to deal with nutballs like this is to ignore them until they break the law and then toss them in the slammer... ANY LAW! Not just the ones they think are ok...

david gibson
07-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Why do you bother to answer these mindless boobs? It's not a debate. They can't debate. They're too close minded to accept any data or facts concerning issues they've been programmed to respond to.
Any disagreement comes down to my way or the hiway with them. They don't listen. The only way to deal with nutballs like this is to ignore them until they break the law and then toss them in the slammer... ANY LAW! Not just the ones they think are ok...

another classic! keep it up deppity - you are on a roll!! you are just like your messiah:

"i am trying to be bipartisan, but the republicans wont do it my way"

he has you almost completely programmed now!

lol!

dnf777
07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Another "Know It All" post by dnf. He still won't address gun registration in PA. I've lived in Houston and Dallas and know you could by all the handguns you want in Texas with no registration. How about the Texas Law on traveling through several different counties with a handgun? Maybe thats something you don't know about and its been in effect long before PA's concealed carry law.

sorry gman, made up facts don't count! When I left Texas the first time in 1988, there was no carry permit except for law enforcement. And don't quote archane laws, like the one that I'm told is still on the books banning the driving of an automobile in the city limits of Houston! (obviously a hold over from the early 20th century)

dnf777
07-06-2010, 01:25 PM
another classic! keep it up deppity - you are on a roll!! you are just like your messiah:

"i am trying to be bipartisan, but the republicans wont do it my way"

he has you almost completely programmed now!

lol!

What part of "facts" don't you guys understand?
This is a colossal waste of time!
You got the facts, instead the posts about "yankee land laws" were false and innaccurate, you guys make up your own!
I'm outta here!

david gibson
07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
What part of "facts" don't you guys understand?
This is a colossal waste of time!
You got the facts, instead the posts about "yankee land laws" were false and innaccurate, you guys make up your own!
I'm outta here!

we could only be so blessed.

gman0046
07-06-2010, 01:28 PM
David, I hope you are outta here. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of your know it all, been there done that and an expert on any and all subjects.

Julie R.
07-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Have a great 4th!

Isn't there still that big fireworks store in Breezewood PA, near the MD border? We used to buy fireworks including bottle rockets there. Now we go just over the line to WV which is much closer; in fact we went yesterday to stock up since everything's half price now. WV laws let their stores sell just about anything, even gigantic cakes and mortars and rockets so huge you have to shoot them from 55 gal. drums, as long as you're taking them out of state. Last year I got some big ones that exploded into smiley faces; the sticks were actually 3 foot stakes! WV residents can only buy the wimpy stuff unless they have a permit.

Next time you go on a road trip south just head down 81 to WV and take exit #5 for Inbred and you won't believe the bounty. Two good ones are State Line Sparklers (on Explosive Dr., you can see it from 81) and Bunker Hill Fireworks. It's only about an hour from Harrisburg. But by far the best prices & selection I've ever seen are the fireworks superstores in TN, but that's 6 hrs. from us, compared to a little over an hr. to get to Inbred.

road kill
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Isn't there still that big fireworks store in Breezewood PA, near the MD border? We used to buy fireworks including bottle rockets there. Now we go just over the line to WV which is much closer; in fact we went yesterday to stock up since everything's half price now. WV laws let their stores sell just about anything, even gigantic cakes and mortars and rockets so huge you have to shoot them from 55 gal. drums, as long as you're taking them out of state. Last year I got some big ones that exploded into smiley faces; the sticks were actually 3 foot stakes! WV residents can only buy the wimpy stuff unless they have a permit.

Next time you go on a road trip south just head down 81 to WV and take exit #5 for Inbred and you won't believe the bounty. Two good ones are State Line Sparklers (on Explosive Dr., you can see it from 81) and Bunker Hill Fireworks. It's only about an hour from Harrisburg. But by far the best prices & selection I've ever seen are the fireworks superstores in TN, but that's 6 hrs. from us, compared to a little over an hr. to get to Inbred.

Is that the name of the town or what they do??

Your killin me here!!:D:D:D:D:D

rk

Julie R.
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Is that the name of the town or what they do??

Your killin me here!!:D:D:D:D:D

rk

Both ;-) Actually I think the town was originally named Inwood, but even the interstate exit says Inbred.

road kill
07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Here is some of the testimony for some of you to read that know everything about this case, but admit you haven't seen or read the facts.:rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/06/ex-official-accuses-justice-department-racial-bias-black-panther-case/

Hey, Buzz, I know you got nothin' else to do....snopes this will ya!!:p
(I hope we aren't keepin' jd up......)

rk

BrianW
07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
What makes an American?

"Like the Constitution ... (he) possessed that quintessential American quality, and that is a capacity to change, ... a capacity to be made more perfect (?!?) :confused:," Obama said (in his eulogy of Robert Byrd)

Yes, you will! oh sorry "can" :rolleyes:

YardleyLabs
07-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Here is some of the testimony for some of you to read that know everything about this case, but admit you haven't seen or read the facts.:rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/06/ex-official-accuses-justice-department-racial-bias-black-panther-case/

Hey, Buzz, I know you got nothin' else to do....snopes this will ya!!:p
(I hope we aren't keepin' jd up......)

rk
And where was J. Christian Adam's outrage about the armed Arizona militiamen directly harassing Hispanics as they tried to vote? At that time his group decided not to prosecute. The man is a right wing political hack hired by Bush political appointee Bradley Schlozman, who was found by the DOJ Inspector General under Bush to have acted in a persistently illegal manner to drive out the staff of the Civil Rights Division appointed prior to Bush and to replace them with "right thinking, real Americans." This group halted virtually all prosecutions of civil rights violations against minorities and redirected the efforts of the division to prosecuting any policies that they viewed as favoring minorities. Adams was one of those appointees. He had served in the National Republican Lawyers Association and served as one of the attorneys for Republicans during the 2000 election in Florida.

david gibson
07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
And where was J. Christian Adam's outrage about the armed Arizona militiamen directly harassing Hispanics as they tried to vote? At that time his group decided not to prosecute. The man is a right wing political hack hired by Bush political appointee Bradley Schlozman, who was found by the DOJ Inspector General under Bush to have acted in a persistently illegal manner to drive out the staff of the Civil Rights Division appointed prior to Bush and to replace them with "right thinking, real Americans." This group halted virtually all prosecutions of civil rights violations against minorities and redirected the efforts of the division to prosecuting any policies that they viewed as favoring minorities. Adams was one of those appointees. He had served in the National Republican Lawyers Association and served as one of the attorneys for Republicans during the 2000 election in Florida.

why dont you blame your own people - holder and obama - for not prosecuting? where is YOUR outrage at them??? thats where the fingers point skippy.

just more hypocritical dribble from the left folks, nothing to see here.....

YardleyLabs
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
why dont you blame your own people - holder and obama - for not prosecuting? where is YOUR outrage at them???

just more hypocritical dribble from the left folks, nothing to see here.....
I object to the prosecution in Philadelphia because I have seen no evidence that there was any illegal intimidation. If there was (which I doubt), it was clearly limited to the one person. The other three did nothing even vaguely illegal. The situation in Arizona seems to be a little further over the line, but may or may not have constituted illegal intimidation given that carrying a handgun openly is no more a crime than carrying a nightstick in Pennsylvania.

david gibson
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I object to the prosecution in Philadelphia because I have seen no evidence that there was any illegal intimidation. If there was (which I doubt), it was clearly limited to the one person. The other three did nothing even vaguely illegal. The situation in Arizona seems to be a little further over the line, but may or may not have constituted illegal intimidation given that carrying a handgun openly is no more a crime than carrying a nightstick in Pennsylvania.

i never asked you why you object to the philly issue. once again, you are avoiding the question. YOU posted a diatribe about Adams and asked why he wasnt outraged at the AZ incident you brought up. how do you KNOW he wasnt? and more importantly, if it was so egregious -

- one more time now, are you ready? - the question i asked you was::

why dont you blame your own people - holder and obama - for not prosecuting? where is YOUR outrage at them??? why are you pointing the finger at adams?

just cant stand it when your leftist administration gets cracked, can you? starting to happen on a daily basis now...

just more hypocritical dribble from the left folks, move on - nothing to see here.....

YardleyLabs
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
i never asked you why you object to the philly issue. once again, you are avoiding the question. YOU posted a diatribe about Adams and asked why he wasnt outraged at the AZ incident you brought up. how do you KNOW he wasnt? and more importantly, if it was so egregious -

- one more time now, are you ready? - the question i asked you was::

why dont you blame your own people - holder and obama - for not prosecuting? where is YOUR outrage at them??? why are you pointing the finger at adams?

just cant stand it when your leftist administration gets cracked, can you? starting to happen on a daily basis now...

just more hypocritical dribble from the left folks, move on - nothing to see here.....
As I stated very clearly, I have no outrage at the failure of Obama and Holder to pursue prosecution of the three men in the Philadelphia case who did no wrong. It is their responsibility to drop prosecution in such cases. I question why they did not drop prosecution against the fourth man also since I have seen no evidence that he did anything wrong either. I am outraged at Adams because he did pursue a case for which there was no justification and, by doing so, made political mockery out of the justice process. The man deserves to be disbarred.

david gibson
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
As I stated very clearly, I have no outrage at the failure of Obama and Holder to pursue prosecution of the three men in the Philadelphia case who did no wrong. It is their responsibility to drop prosecution in such cases. I question why they did not drop prosecution against the fourth man also since I have seen no evidence that he did anything wrong either. I am outraged at Adams because he did pursue a case for which there was no justification and, by doing so, made political mockery out of the justice process. The man deserves to be disbarred.

kinda quick to judge there, arent you? you want the case dropped right now based only on evidence YOU have seen on the internet and tv, and , you arent even an attorney! you havent seen all the facts, no one outside the court has. but you have already decided guilt, havent you?

why cant you let the case work its way through the system and then decide??? hmmmmm?

and dont go trying to say we do the same thing. not true, the difference is when i think someone on the left is guilty i want the case to go through the system.

yardley: "i dont have all the facts yet, but its clear that adams is lying"

hmmmm....where have i heard something like that before....hmmmm

you and dippity - i think i'll start calling you two tweedledumb and tweedledumber. just cant decide which is which, but it doesnt matter!

YardleyLabs
07-07-2010, 10:44 AM
kinda quick to judge there, arent you? you want the case dropped right now based only on evidence YOU have seen on the internet and tv, and , you arent even an attorney! you havent seen all the facts, no one outside the court has. but you have already decided guilt, havent you?

why cant you let the case work its way through the system and then decide??? hmmmmm?

and dont go trying to say we do the same thing. not true, the difference is when i think someone on the left is guilty i want the case to go through the system.

yardley: "i dont have all the facts yet, but its clear that adams is lying"

hmmmm....where have i heard something like that before....hmmmm

Actually, the case did work its way through the system and is done. A complaint was filed. There was no response. As a consequence, the entered a default judgment meaning that charges were accepted without a hearing on the merits. The Justice Department was asked to submit its request for a judicial order concerning action it wanted taken against the defendants. The Justice Department replied that, on review, it did not believe that the evidence warranted and charges against three of the defendants and requested an injunction against the fourth defendant prohibition any election site activities by the defendant until 2012. The Judge reviewed this proposed order and endorsed it, ending the case. Obviously, however, Adams and you are not happy with that conclusion.

So, if the case is done, why is it receiving so much publicity? The Civil Rights Commission, with its 6 conservative members and two Democratic members, has requested documentation of all discussions and documents in the DOJ concerning the decision made in this case. Adams, who was a prosecutor on the case and disagreed with the decision to drop charges against three defendants, resigned his position in DOJ and testified to the Civil Rights Commission that charges were dropped because Holder is hostile to any "race neutral" administration of the Civil Rights Law. Various Republican leaders have called for the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate the DOJ for wrong-doing in this case. The Justice Department has refused to provide the documentation demanded by the Commission, indicating that the documents are protected attorney communications. There has also been no response to requests for a special prosecutor. All of this, of course, is purely partisan political ballet. There is no question that the Attorney General has both the legal authority and responsibility to make decisions on the prosecution of cases, as was done in this instance. I have not even heard a legal theory that would suggest that the decision made illegal, whether one agrees with the decision or not. The Civil Rights Commission has every right to conduct hearings and can sue if it believes that documents are being withheld illegally. At the conclusion of its work, the six Republican members are welcome to sign a report with a dissent from the two Democrat members who has already dismissed the hearings as partisan nonsense. No special prosecutor is appropriate since no crime has even been alleged, much less one that cannot be managed through normal procedures. In the meantime, the one bright note is that one of the political hacks brought into the DOJ by Schlozman has resigned voluntarily. Maybe the others will follow suit.

david gibson
07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Actually, the case did work its way through the system and is done. A complaint was filed. There was no response. As a consequence, the entered a default judgment meaning that charges were accepted without a hearing on the merits. The Justice Department was asked to submit its request for a judicial order concerning action it wanted taken against the defendants. The Justice Department replied that, on review, it did not believe that the evidence warranted and charges against three of the defendants and requested an injunction against the fourth defendant prohibition any election site activities by the defendant until 2012. The Judge reviewed this proposed order and endorsed it, ending the case. Obviously, however, Adams and you are not happy with that conclusion.

So, if the case is done, why is it receiving so much publicity? The Civil Rights Commission, with its 6 conservative members and two Democratic members, has requested documentation of all discussions and documents in the DOJ concerning the decision made in this case. Adams, who was a prosecutor on the case and disagreed with the decision to drop charges against three defendants, resigned his position in DOJ and testified to the Civil Rights Commission that charges were dropped because Holder is hostile to any "race neutral" administration of the Civil Rights Law. Various Republican leaders have called for the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate the DOJ for wrong-doing in this case. The Justice Department has refused to provide the documentation demanded by the Commission, indicating that the documents are protected attorney communications. There has also been no response to requests for a special prosecutor. All of this, of course, is purely partisan political ballet. There is no question that the Attorney General has both the legal authority and responsibility to make decisions on the prosecution of cases, as was done in this instance. I have not even heard a legal theory that would suggest that the decision made illegal, whether one agrees with the decision or not. The Civil Rights Commission has every right to conduct hearings and can sue if it believes that documents are being withheld illegally. At the conclusion of its work, the six Republican members are welcome to sign a report with a dissent from the two Democrat members who has already dismissed the hearings as partisan nonsense. No special prosecutor is appropriate since no crime has even been alleged, much less one that cannot be managed through normal procedures. In the meantime, the one bright note is that one of the political hacks brought into the DOJ by Schlozman has resigned voluntarily. Maybe the others will follow suit.

ok, i get it now. if they are republican, they are political hacks. if they are democrats all is well. fits your Hippocratic MO to a tee!

got it. ;):rolleyes:

YardleyLabs
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
ok, i get it now. if they are republican, they are political hacks. if they are democrats all is well. fits your Hippocratic MO to a tee!

got it. ;):rolleyes:
Actually, not true. They are political hacks if they are hired into non-political, civil service positions, based primarily on their political allegiances and in violation of the law, as was done by Mr. Schlozman (a fact documented in the IG report and bragged about by Mr. Schlozman himself as he admitted in sworn testimony) in hiring Adams and other members of the civil rights division, and if they then continue to pursue highly partisan political agendas in a very public manner while employed in their non-political jobs where they are enjoined by a Republican sponsored law (the Hatch Act) from engaging in partisan activity. Mr. Adams just happens to meet all of these criteria. I have known political hacks from both parties.