PDA

View Full Version : June Jobs Report!!

road kill
07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Awesome!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/7871421/With-the-US-trapped-in-depression-this-really-is-starting-to-feel-like-1932.html

We only lost 652,000 jobs.
"With the US trapped in depression, this really is starting to feel like 1932
The US workforce shrank by 652,000 in June, one of the sharpest contractions ever. The rate of hourly earnings fell 0.1pc. Wages are flirting with deflation. "

If Bush was President it would have been 653,000!!:shock:

rk

gman0046
07-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Lets hear it for the Kenyan Clown. He hasn't accomplished a dog gone thing.

Doc E
07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
People are hired for the census = "unemployment" is going down.
People are finished being census takers ' "It doesn't count -- they were only temporary".

david gibson
07-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Lets hear it for the Kenyan Clown. He hasn't accomplished a dog gone thing.

arent you paying attention? the loss of jobs is actually a step in the right direction because he has declared this the recovery summer. and its all because he is trying to be bipartisan but the other side wont come all the way over to his side so they arent playing fair.

road kill
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
WOW!!

Our resident "Middle of the road Independents" have avoided this thread like the plague!!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

rk

subroc
07-06-2010, 04:44 PM
it is former President George W. Bush's fault until things get better, then the recovery will be due to obama's great handing of the economy.

YardleyLabs
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
People are hired for the census = "unemployment" is going down.
People are finished being census takers ' "It doesn't count -- they were only temporary".

Contrary to what you have suggested, when the May increase in jobs was announced (total jobs up 431,000), very clear statements were made about the fact that the increase resulted almost entirely from census jobs that would go away in a matter of weeks and months, with only 41,000 new private jobs. Headlines read "May Jobs: A Terrible Report" (CBS News), "May Jobs Report: Census Inflates Payrolls" (CNN), "Census Hiring Aside, Jobs Data Worrisome" (Reuters). Just as the jobs were discounted when they were added (even though they were pretty important to the people working them), the initial loss of some of those jobs has been discounted in the reports on June. Ultimately, the economy will grow or not based on what happens with private sector jobs. The good news is that the number of jobs has been increasing, in sharp contrast to the losses experienced previously. The bad news is that the rate of growth is inadequate to meet our economic needs.

road kill
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Contrary to what you have suggested, when the May increase in jobs was announced (total jobs up 431,000), very clear statements were made about the fact that the increase resulted almost entirely from census jobs that would go away in a matter of weeks and months, with only 41,000 new private jobs. Headlines read "May Jobs: A Terrible Report" (CBS News), "May Jobs Report: Census Inflates Payrolls" (CNN), "Census Hiring Aside, Jobs Data Worrisome" (Reuters). Just as the jobs were discounted when they were added (even though they were pretty important to the people working them), the initial loss of some of those jobs has been discounted in the reports on June. Ultimately, the economy will grow or not based on what happens with private sector jobs. The good news is that the number of jobs has been increasing, in sharp contrast to the losses experienced previously. The bad news is that the rate of growth is inadequate to meet our economic needs.

Gobbledy gook......This guy (Obama) and his administration are a gang of charlatans.

If this administration counts the adding of census jobs as though it is something positive (though exposed as the fraud it is by some media) it must acknowledge the loss of the jobs as a negative.

No amount of paragraphs you write can hide this hypocrisy.

I would expect a learned man such as yourself would be offended (eventually) by this guy putting you in such a postition as to "rationalize" every foolish stunt he pulls.

The gig is up.

rk;)

YardleyLabs
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
it is former President George W. Bush's fault until things get better, then the recovery will be due to obama's great handing of the economy.
Republicans have been pretty clear in blaming the economic collapse beginning in 2006 on Democrats, despite an economy dominated by Republican policies for six years at the time. Almost as soon as Obama became President, the economy began to improve. Republicans followed two strategies in discussing the economy: blaming Obama for all job and stock market losses beginning from the date of the election, and attributing all subsequent improvements on policies implemented under Bush. Interestingly, some of the same comments are made about the stimulus program. Statements were made continuously that the program did not actually result in any jobs. Now, however, the program is being blamed for the slowdown as the different stimulus activities begin to end.

I would think that the Teflon spray cans would finally be empty. I am not happy with the progress on the economy, mostly because little is being done to address future deficits. Specifically, too much of the stimulus money has been used to support on-going operational spending rather than one shot projects. This makes future deficit control harder. However, without the policies of this administration, I believe we would now be in the middle of a depression many times worse than what we now see. I also believe that some additional stimulus activities would be appropriate, but these definitely need to be limited to one shot projects rather than a substitute for state revenues.

Henry V
07-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, the clear trend in employment since he took office is very disturbing. Let's all go back to the trend from 2008, shall we?

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-payrolls.png

Bayou Magic
07-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, the clear trend in employment since he took office is very disturbing. Let's all go back to the trend from 2008, shall we?

http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/charts/gr-payrolls.png

You might want to add this link http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127471049 to add a little clarity to the nice graph. Nothing lies like statistics.

Maybe we need a pork (I mean stimulus) package to keep the unemployment rate under 8%. Wait a minute, we already tried that. Hey, let's do another one and see if it will work this time. To hell with the impossible to pay back deficit.

fp

caryalsobrook
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Republicans have been pretty clear in blaming the economic collapse beginning in 2006 on Democrats, despite an economy dominated by Republican policies for six years at the time. Almost as soon as Obama became President, the economy began to improve. Republicans followed two strategies in discussing the economy: blaming Obama for all job and stock market losses beginning from the date of the election, and attributing all subsequent improvements on policies implemented under Bush. Interestingly, some of the same comments are made about the stimulus program. Statements were made continuously that the program did not actually result in any jobs. Now, however, the program is being blamed for the slowdown as the different stimulus activities begin to end.

I would think that the Teflon spray cans would finally be empty. I am not happy with the progress on the economy, mostly because little is being done to address future deficits. Specifically, too much of the stimulus money has been used to support on-going operational spending rather than one shot projects. This makes future deficit control harder. However, without the policies of this administration, I believe we would now be in the middle of a depression many times worse than what we now see. I also believe that some additional stimulus activities would be appropriate, but these definitely need to be limited to one shot projects rather than a substitute for state revenues.

Why aren't you happy with the economy? Didln't BO say that passing the stimulus package would hold unemployment to less that 7% and if it did not pass then unemployment could go as high as 8 1/2%? Oh I forgot. He now says that it was worse than he thought it was. NOW!!! let's do more of the same:) Then he can say again that it is worse than he thought it was. One thing he will be right about is now (2011) it really will be worse than he thought it was.

On a sideline, I asked you about Michael Mann, professor at Penn State, author of the famous hockey stick graph showing constant temperatures up until the industrial revolution. This hass been the basis of the argument for global warming. We now know that he is under investigation by the University for falsifying hes data and erasing relevant e-mails. I also adked you about Phil Jones, renowned meteriologist also a formal global warming advocate who now says that temperatures during the medieval period were probably warmer than today and also that global temperatures during the last 15 years are probably cooler but not by a stistically significant amount.

Ever wonder why the global warming advocates started using the term "climate change" instead of global warming???