PDA

View Full Version : i'll flat out call Obama the "N" word!

david gibson
07-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, thats right, i said it! he is a Narcissist!! as a companion the the thread "Lets make a list", i think we can have some fun with this. add input wherever you like! (in bold) i could fill them all in but i want more examples from all his anti-fans out there! ;-)

The narcissist:

* Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments, talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);

the "community organizer" certainly fits this.

* Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

* Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);

* Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation – or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (Narcissistic Supply);

couldnt stand it when questioned about lack of oil spill response, then turned to claiming to be conducting interviews so he "knows whose ass to kink". anyone seen any ass kicking at all? ass licking maybe.....

* Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her unreasonable expectations for special and favorable priority treatment;

* Is "inter personally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;

where do we begin? "dead fish" emmanuel,

* Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;

another easy one - suing AZ when the majority of americans clearly support 1070, same with the health care bill

* Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects of his or her frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid) delusions as he or she believes that they feel the same about him or her and are likely to act similarly;

the constant pointing of fingers across the aisle, blaming bush, etc etc....anyone remember reagan doing this after the mess he took over from carter? or any president badmouthing the other side and previous admin like he does?

* Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people he or she considers inferior to him or her and unworthy.

Narcissism is a defense mechanism whose role is to deflect hurt and trauma from the victim's "True Self" into a "False Self" which is omnipotent, invulnerable, and omniscient. This False Self is then used by the narcissist to garner narcissistic supply from his human environment. Narcissistic supply is any form of attention, both positive and negative and it is instrumental in the regulation of the narcissist's labile sense of self-worth.

Perhaps the most immediately evident trait of patients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is their vulnerability to criticism and disagreement. Subject to negative input, real or imagined, even to a mild rebuke, a constructive suggestion, or an offer to help, they feel injured, humiliated and empty and they react with disdain (devaluation), rage, and defiance.

From my book "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited":

Many narcissists are over-achievers and ambitious. Some of them are even talented and skilled. But they are incapable of team work because they cannot tolerate setbacks. They are easily frustrated and demoralized and are unable to cope with disagreement and criticism. Though some narcissists have meteoric and inspiring careers, in the long-run, all of them find it difficult to maintain long-term professional achievements and the respect and appreciation of their peers. The narcissist's fantastic grandiosity, frequently coupled with a hypomanic mood, is typically incommensurate with his or her real accomplishments (the "grandiosity gap").

from http://www.globalpolitician.com/25109-barack-o

Franco
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
How about, "Nincompoop" ? ;-)

nin·com·poop

   /ˈnɪnhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngkəmˌpup, ˈnɪŋ-/ http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) Show Spelled[nin-kuhhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngm-poop, ning-]
–noun a fool or simpleton.

dnf777
07-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Show me any politician who has risen to the national level who's NOT narcissistic!

david gibson
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Show me any politician who has risen to the national level who's NOT narcissistic!

regardless of what you or i think of him, bush was far from this description. same with reagan.

dnf777
07-08-2010, 01:21 PM
regardless of what you or i think of him, bush was far from this description. same with reagan.

Your opinion. I find it hard to believe a Hollywood actor and president are "far from this description"!! But since neither of us knew either of them, we're just kinda makin' noise.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Your opinion. I find it hard to believe a Hollywood actor and president are "far from this description"!! But since neither of us knew either of them, we're just kinda makin' noise.

maybe, but i base this opinion on how both treated and worked with their political adversaries, both domestic and foreign, and how they addressed their constituents.

obamas level of class in this respect is like a fart in a hurricane. you'll never know it was there.....

zeus3925
07-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Whaaaat?????

david gibson
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Whaaaat?????

well i dont expect the lefty minority to agree with the truth.......

Blackstone
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
maybe, but i base this opinion on how both treated and worked with their political adversaries, both domestic and foreign, and how they addressed their constituents.

obamas level of class in this respect is like a fart in a hurricane. you'll never know it was there.....

I guess that explains why Bush invaded Iraq without the U.N. support and at the condemnation of about 50 other countries. That certainly constitutes playing well with others.

However, in all fairness, any president I have seen in the last 50 years would fit the description of a narcissist. It is probably what it takes to have the balls to run for that job. Did you ever read “GEORGE BUSH AND MALIGNANT NARCISSISM” by Paul Levy? He did the same thing you did with Obama, and attributed many of the same personality traits to him.

If you Google any of the presidents (including Reagan) and “narcissism” you will get multiple hits for why someone thinks they were narcissistic. So let's just call them all the "N" word, and get it overwith.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I guess that explains why Bush invaded Iraq without the U.N. support and at the condemnation of about 50 other countries. That certainly constitutes playing well with others.

However, in all fairness, any president I have seen in the last 50 years would fit the description of a narcissist. It is probably what it takes to have the balls to run for that job. Did you ever read “GEORGE BUSH AND MALIGNANT NARCISSISM” by Paul Levy? He did the same thing you did with Obama, and attributed many of the same personality traits to him.

If you Google any of the presidents (including Reagan) and “narcissism” you will get multiple hits for why someone thinks they were narcissistic. So let's just call them all the "N" word, and get it overwith.

nope, dont think so. obama is the worst, period.

when he loses in 2012 we'll be hearing him whine until 2020 and beyond......

zeus3925
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM

when he loses in 2012 we'll be hearing him whine until 2020 and beyond......

You might change your filter a bit , Dave. You may see a little clearer.

I suspect any Democrat POTUS would inspire you with impotent rage.

Hew
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
However, in all fairness, any president I have seen in the last 50 years would fit the description of a narcissist. It is probably what it takes to have the balls to run for that job.
I'd agree with that. When you get right down to it, anyone who thinks to themself, "Gee, I really believe that I am the best and most qualified person to be the leader of the most powerful nation to ever grace the planet" has to have more than a certain amount of, ahem....self-confidence, shall we say.

That said, I'd also contend that Dubya, of all recent presidents/narcissists, was the most humble and non-pretentious. The most overt prima donna, totally in love with the power and trappings...without doubt, was (and still is) Clinton.

Henry V
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Ahh yes, the narcissist card. It is great to see that another thoughtful patriotic conservative is carrying the ball again just like the others that have done so before... .... ...

The republicans don't have an obligation to support anything this sorry president does. Why should they? Remember his "I won and I will trump you" remark to republicans last year? Let me translate that..."Hey republicans! I don't need you so F U, too" Why the republicans would allow this guy to lecture them is beyond me. They should all hope he fails...and he's doing a good job it.

Obama's popularity continues to sink faster than whale turd which is where it should be. Most thinking Americans now realize that he doesn't have a leadership gene in his entire body and he's simply an agitator and narcissist. But if anything he's arrogant and arrogance will destroy everything in its path....WLICN

or this thread: http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36755

or the leading flag waver....

…..While you're correct that a President can surround himself with experts in any field, that's presuming he accept his limitations and is willing to do something about them. Obomo is a narcissist, pure and simple. He thinks he's magic and all-knowing, smarter than anyone he can hire, a self image that was fed and nurtured by the fawning media.

I too hoped the president would succeed and that despite his inexperience he would at least surround himself with decent staff that would at least try to look at the big picture. Between the tax cheats, influence peddlers and those that can be rented or bought outright, it's not looking good for the messiah. Although he's such a narcissist I doubt he ever has a sleepless night over the havoc he's wreaking.

…..
Effing narcissist. If he spent the time trying to LEARN about the issues at hand instead of primping and preening for the camera, he might be taken a little more seriously. I don't know why he ever ran for POTUS when it's clear he just wants to be a movie star when he grows up.

It's not just you, txbadger. I was disgusted by his campaign speeches on his European trip. It sounds like he wants to rule the world. Bad enough he's a trilateral pimp.

The narcissist elected POTUS by the dumbed down American public is not good at anything except campaigning. Even that, I suspect, is orchestrated behind the scenes. Imagine all the fun he'll have with all the toys he has at his disposal now.

….. I think he truly believes his pathetic fire and brimstone speeches help him win friends and influence people. He's an empty windbag but such an unbelievable narcissist, he just likes the sound of his own voice booming out.

We don't even live in Cuba now; we live in North Korea.

You know, a President's ability to lead depends in large part on surrounding himself with competent advisors in areas where he has little or no experience. Not rewarding his cronies and appointing a bunch of tax cheats and thugs. Only a monumental narcissist would deem himself the supreme authority on all things Presidential. Oh wait, that's what we elected...a monumental narcissist that thinks he knows everything and is so much smarter and more brilliant than every other human on the planet....

Well according to the Pres. and his minions in the mainstream media, his program is already working and everything's wonderful. Fox is the only network that isn't regurgitating the administration's spoon-fed talking points.

No one wants to see the economy get worse than it already is nor do most expect a quick fix but to foolishly praise everything this administration has done as if all the problems are fixed and on the upturn isn't very believable either. What's even worse, is that by his fixation with any negative press and ostentatious attention to minutia such as any criticism makes him look like the narcissist I believe he is; and his appearances on lightweight shows like Letterman only reinforce that belief. Epic failures like appearing on entertainment shows, spending millions to photograph Air Force One over NYC and jetting off with an entourage to pimp Chicago for the Olympics indicate he's more concerned with his image than actually tackling the tough problems he faces.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I'd agree with that. When you get right down to it, anyone who thinks to themself, "Gee, I really believe that I am the best and most qualified person to be the leader of the most powerful nation to ever grace the planet" has to have more than a certain amount of, ahem....self-confidence, shall we say.

That said, I'd also contend that Dubya, of all recent presidents/narcissists, was the most humble and non-pretentious. The most overt prima donna, totally in love with the power and trappings...without doubt, was (and still is) Clinton.

hew - the bold items above are mutually exclusive when defining narcissism. dont you agree? a narcissist by definition cannot be humble. you would call george washington a narcissist? or lincoln? i sure wouldnt.

dnf777
07-08-2010, 05:31 PM

someone going around tv cameras saying "I'm a war president, see?" and "I'm the decider..." and "the nice thing about being president, is you don't have to explain yourself..." Does NOT fit my definition of humble and nonpretentious!

Like I said before, show me a president who is NOT narcissistic! And I'll add to that, egotistical.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
someone going around tv cameras saying "I'm a war president, see?" and "I'm the decider..." and "the nice thing about being president, is you don't have to explain yourself..." Does NOT fit my definition of humble and nonpretentious!

Like I said before, show me a president who is NOT narcissistic! And I'll add to that, egotistical.

big difference between narcissism and egotism. although i would venture to guess you are one of those who manage to be both

Hoosier
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
How about dfn? He really thinks everyone on this site wants to hear his opinion on every point made on every thread on POTUS, that sounds pretty damn narcissistic to me.

Hoosier
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry Dave guess you beat me to making that point.

M&K's Retrievers
07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
The most overt prima donna, totally in love with the power and trappings...without doubt, was (and still is) Clinton.

I don't know, Hew, obama is really bad.:(

Blackstone
07-08-2010, 08:07 PM

In your less tha humble opinion.

dnf777
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
How about dfn? He really thinks everyone on this site wants to hear his opinion on every point made on every thread on POTUS, that sounds pretty damn narcissistic to me.

You bring so much to the conversation. Nice insult.
So glad I don't have to deal with your type on a daily basis.
Please put me on your ignore list, I beg you! Then your putrid responses won't distract those of us having civil discourse.
I'm going back to discussing issues with the good folks of this list. Why don't you and David go play with each other? Sure you both would enjoy!

david gibson
07-08-2010, 08:41 PM
In your less tha humble opinion.

and many many others

david gibson
07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Please put me on your ignore list, I beg you! Then your putrid responses won't distract those of us having civil discourse.
I'm going back to discussing issues with the good folks of this list. Why don't you and David go play with each other? Sure you both would enjoy!

just like obama and fox news! if you dont like their opinion or message, just filter them out!

c'mon dnf, i want to hear more about spreading the wealth and the poor people that cant pay your copay, and how you dont think thats fair that they make a rich doctor share a little of his fortune....

dnf777
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
just like obama and fox news! if you dont like their opinion or message, just filter them out!

c'mon dnf, i want to hear more about spreading the wealth and the poor people that cant pay your copay, and how you dont think thats fair that they make a rich doctor share a little of his fortune....

that's not what I said at all, and that's a poor attempt to twist words. You're a better man that that, I think. The only people I have ever turned away are people who verbally assault my staff or nurses. Oddly, that's usually the same people who refuse to pay the nominal co-pay, then go out and sit in their camaro with Palin 2012 stickers and smoke marlboros worth more than the copay as they drive away. Guess they're entitled to free service, and waive that personal responsibility thingy ya'll talk a lot about?

Hoosier
07-08-2010, 11:01 PM

Oh, don't be such a drama queen. Maybe I should try and match your post count; I'm sure everybody wants to hear my opinion on everything too.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
that's not what I said at all, and that's a poor attempt to twist words. You're a better man that that, I think. The only people I have ever turned away are people who verbally assault my staff or nurses. Oddly, that's usually the same people who refuse to pay the nominal co-pay, then go out and sit in their camaro with Palin 2012 stickers and smoke marlboros worth more than the copay as they drive away. Guess they're entitled to free service, and waive that personal responsibility thingy ya'll talk a lot about?

and i'm supposed to believe there is no embellishment there at all...:rolleyes:

oh of course, make sure they have the evil palin sticker!!! no way could any democrat ever try and cheat the system!

PUUUULEEEEEEZE