PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer who defended Terrorists heads Az prosecution

BonMallari
07-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Something about this just doesnt pass the smell test..the lawyer who represented the Gitmo 9 and "American "Taliban John Walker Lindh will be heading up the justice dept team to prosecute the state of Arizona

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/08/ex-terror-lawyer-lead-arizona-immigration-law/

troy schwab
07-08-2010, 10:13 AM
This will surely improve his political ambitions......LOL This adminstration is an absolute joke. "eminent authority" ....... REALLY????? I think OBAMA should have to live in Arizona for at least a year, and send his kids to ARIZONA schools, etc..... before he can raise judgement on anything here..... I wonder how he would feel being in the english speaking minority, or have his children learn in primarily spanish speaking schools. Just makes you wonder how big of a power trip this guy is really on. Im pretty sure the local governments have a better grip on things......... WOW!

Franco
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
How can the Feds prosecute Arizona, they haven't broken any laws? It is only when a state breaks the law the the Feds get involved. Again, what law has Arizona broken?

What about all the states that are breaking current Fed Law by creating "Safe Havens" for illegals? These states ARE breaking the law, so why aren't we prosecuting them?

Are we a nation of laws?

Richard Fuquay
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
How can the Feds prosecute Arizona, they haven't broken any laws? It is only when a state breaks the law the the Feds get involved. Again, what law has Arizona broken?

What about all the states that are breaking current Fed Law by creating "Safe Havens" for illegals? These states ARE breaking the law, so why aren't we prosecuting them?

Are we a nation of laws?

I think the word "prosecuting" here was a misuse of the term. This guy is representing the U.S. in challenging the constitutionality of the law, in a civil context, not prosecuting the state criminally.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I think the word "prosecuting" here was a misuse of the term. This guy is representing the U.S. in challenging the constitutionality of the law, in a civil context, not prosecuting the state criminally.

yeah, but with this administration its the same thing......

BonMallari
07-08-2010, 04:24 PM

You're correct...I just think that later in the history books when my son reads about the US vs Arizona in his textbooks, will it read how the US got its butt whipped in court...I'm sure you Law and Order legal eagles will be able to cite all kinds of precedent,just frustrated that the DOJ is filing suit against a state for cleaning up a federal mess...

Franco
07-08-2010, 05:06 PM

You are correct, a poor choice of a word by me.

I should have written;

Obama and Holder are out to persecute the citizens of Arizona for trying to protect themselves from a hoard of illegal migrants. ;-)

gman0046
07-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Sorry Franco, Obongo and Holder are out to prosecute all Americans who are against their racist views.

david gibson
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
poetic justice:

AZ kicks butt and embarrasses the fed by winning the lawsuit, brewer runs in 2012 and trounces obama.

this lady is everything palin isnt, they will have a hard time ridiculing her in the same manner. accomplished businesswoman as well as politician, very commanding with leadership skills, and not bad looking.

plus
she can pronounce "corpsman" AND can prove she was born in the USA!

oh yeah - no need for a teleprompter either.....

BonMallari
07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Why aren't the TWO Republican Senators from AZ out in front defending their state..its time to retire the old curmudgeon McCain ...he and Kyl should be standing shoulder to shoulder with Gov.Brewer on this...instead she has to rely on Sheriff Joe Arpaio to talk tough and watch her back

Richard Fuquay
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I have not studied the issue, but I cannot believe that the DOJ will win this. I have personal knowledge of an illegal getting arrested because the papers he was using to try an get a driver's license were from a fugitive felon. It was easily cleared up with finger prints but no one in the criminal justice system ever asked him who he really was. He was obviously illegal but no one seemd to care so he was released. I think we have lost our minds if we don't all pass laws like AZ's.