PDA

View Full Version : Republicans---The Party of YES!

huntinman
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Republicans -- The Party of YES!
By Jon Kraushar

Published July 08, 2010
| FoxNews.com

Once again, President Obama is labeling Republicans as “the Party of no.” Last week, in Racine, Wisconsin the president said of the GOP, “They figured if we just keep on saying no to everything and nothing gets done then somehow people will forget who got us into this mess in the first place and we’ll get more votes in November.”

Fair enough. Republicans can counter that they are actually “the Party of yes,” offering an alternative to Obama’s failed agenda.

Republicans can say:

• Yes to consumer-controlled spending and no to government out-of-control spending.
• Yes to stimulating civilian jobs and no to stimulating government jobs.
• Yes to wealth creation by private citizens and no to wealth redistribution by government confiscation.
• Yes to enforcing existing laws and no to forcing new big government laws.
• Yes to free market exchanges and no to government controlled exchanges.
• Yes to tax cuts and tax simplification and no to tax increases and IRS complication.
• Yes to individual responsibility and no to bureaucratic irresponsibility.
• Yes to fair deals in an open labor market and no to sweetheart deals for unions.
• Yes to incentives for growth-seeking small businesses and entrepreneurs and no to special favors for bailout-seeking, mismanaged businesses and government enterprises.
• Yes to free trade and no to trade protectionism.
• Yes to returning America to its Constitutional roots and no to turning America into a European welfare state.

The November midterm elections are an opportunity for a new, “yes, we can” formula. For Obama, we = I. For real hope and change, let’s change the formula to we = We the People.

Communications consultant Jon Kraushar is at www.jonkraushar.net

Blackstone
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
It's a shame they weren't saying "Yes" to consumer-controlled spending and no to government out-of-control spending, and "Yes" to stimulating civilian jobs before Obama took office. Mybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

Hew
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
It's a shame they weren't saying "Yes" to consumer-controlled spending and no to government out-of-control spending, and "Yes" to stimulating civilian jobs before Obama took office. Mybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.
So sayeth the POTUS Place Cheer Captain for cash for clunkers and the government takeover of GM.

Blackstone
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I never said cash for clunkers was a great idea. I had no idea if that program would work. But, at least it was an attempt to spark sales in the auto industry, and more sales equal more job.

However, I did support the goverment loaning GM the money for restructuring. It probably saved my job, kept food on my table, and a roof over my head. I would be a fool to be angry about that. It did the same for several thousand others as well. It may not have stimulated new jobs, but it did preserve ones we already had. The party of "Yes" said "No" to that.

Now, GM sales are up, they repaid their outstanding Gov. loans, turned a profit for the 1st quarter, and is preparing an IPO, the proceeds of which will be used to start buying out the government's stake in GM.

huntinman
07-09-2010, 08:55 AM
I never said cash for clunkers was a great idea. I had no idea if that program would work. But, at least it was an attempt to spark sales in the auto industry, and more sales equal more job.

However, I did support the goverment loaning GM the money for restructuring. It probably saved my job, kept food on my table, and a roof over my head. I would be a fool to be angry about that. It did the same for several thousand others as well. It may not have stimulated new jobs, but it did preserve ones we already had. The party of "Yes" said "No" to that.

Now, GM sales are up, they repaid their outstanding Gov. loans, turned a profit for the 1st quarter, and is preparing an IPO, the proceeds of which will be used to start buying out the government's stake in GM.

The biggest pile of you know what ever typed! They re-paid less than 10% and tried to play it off like they paid off the whole thing. In fact, what they did pay came from their stash of bailout money in the first place. Why do you think they had to get those ridiculous commercials off the air? One of the more outrageous claims ever made by a CEO. He was laughed right off the air.