07-09-2010, 11:29 AM
The courts have spoken.
The Jury ruled.

But Obama and Holder have a diffferent horse in this "race!!"

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Feast_bay&id=7545102

rk

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 03:02 PM
And, you don’t see any reason for the DOJ to investigate this case other than race? Grant was face down on the ground. The officer stood, drew his weapon, and shot Grant in the back. His defense was that Grant was resisting being handcuffed, he was afraid for his life, and he thought he was firing his taser instead of his gun.

Officers are required to keep their taser on the opposite hip from their firearm. So the officer drew from the wrong side, and mistook his Sig Sauer 226-40 for a taser. Loaded, the Sig is probably 3 times as heavy as the taser, and they don’t look or feel anything alike. That would seem to be a hard mistake to make.

Maybe the officer was just negligent, folded under pressure, and just made a terrible mistake. However, there are also allegations of videos of the event and camera phones being confiscated at the scene by the police, and not produced as evidence later. One of the officers involved shouted, “Bitch ass n****r” at Grant just before he was shot. And, you know the instruction by the judge to the jury as well as evidence allowed and disallowed can have a profound impact on the decision the jury reaches. Based on that, I would think the case deserves further investigation.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
And, you donít see any reason for the DOJ to investigate this case other than race? Grant was face down on the ground. The officer stood, drew his weapon, and shot Grant in the back. His defense was that Grant was resisting being handcuffed, he was afraid for his life, and he thought he was firing his taser instead of his gun.

Officers are required to keep their taser on the opposite hip from their firearm. So the officer drew from the wrong side, and mistook his Sig Sauer 226-40 for a taser. Loaded, the Sig is probably 3 times as heavy as the taser, and they donít look or feel anything alike. That would seem to be a hard mistake to make.

Maybe the officer was just negligent, folded under pressure, and just made a terrible mistake. However, there are also allegations of videos of the event and camera phones being confiscated at the scene by the police, and not produced as evidence later.

david gibson - if this really happened we would know it - people would have seen it and video taped that as well. there were a lot of people around. cameras go into pockets and purses real quick and easy, and there was no report of everyone being detained and searched.

One of the officers involved shouted, ďBitch ass n****rĒ at Grant just before he was shot. And, you know the instruction by the judge to the jury as well as evidence allowed and disallowed can have a profound impact on the decision the jury reaches.

david gibson -ohhh, the judge is in on it to. brilliant, my dear watson!

Based on that, I would think the case deserves further investigation.

david gibson - of course - what else would the "i dont have all the facts yet, but i do know the cop was white and the other guy was black, so it is clear that the police acted stupidly" - obama administration do?

are they having a sale on tin foil hats today or something??

road kill
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
And, you donít see any reason for the DOJ to investigate this case other than race? Grant was face down on the ground. The officer stood, drew his weapon, and shot Grant in the back. His defense was that Grant was resisting being handcuffed, he was afraid for his life, and he thought he was firing his taser instead of his gun.

Officers are required to keep their taser on the opposite hip from their firearm. So the officer drew from the wrong side, and mistook his Sig Sauer 226-40 for a taser. Loaded, the Sig is probably 3 times as heavy as the taser, and they donít look or feel anything alike. That would seem to be a hard mistake to make.

Maybe the officer was just negligent, folded under pressure, and just made a terrible mistake. However, there are also allegations of videos of the event and camera phones being confiscated at the scene by the police, and not produced as evidence later. One of the officers involved shouted, ďBitch ass n****rĒ at Grant just before he was shot. And, you know the instruction by the judge to the jury as well as evidence allowed and disallowed can have a profound impact on the decision the jury reaches. Based on that, I would think the case deserves further investigation.
Sadly, there are a number of injustices like this that occurr every day.
For an example, the polling place violation allegations.
That is just dismissed, but this one we have to get the Feds involved??

Nope, this is political and about VOTES!!

rk

Hew
07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
And, you donít see any reason for the DOJ to investigate this case other than race? Grant was face down on the ground. The officer stood, drew his weapon, and shot Grant in the back. His defense was that Grant was resisting being handcuffed, he was afraid for his life, and he thought he was firing his taser instead of his gun. The crux of the defense is that he thought he was shooting his Taser and he made a horrible mistake. More than one witness (including Grant's friend) testified that the officer said, "Get back, I'm going to taze him" (or words to that effect).

Officers are required to keep their taser on the opposite hip from their firearm. So the officer drew from the wrong side, and mistook his Sig Sauer 226-40 for a taser. Loaded, the Sig is probably 3 times as heavy as the taser, and they donít look or feel anything alike. That would seem to be a hard mistake to make. Arrested a lot of violent and struggling criminals with an angry mob screaming at you have you?

Maybe the officer was just negligent, folded under pressure, and just made a terrible mistake. However, there are also allegations of videos of the event and camera phones being confiscated at the scene by the police, and not produced as evidence later. One of the officers involved shouted, ďBitch ass n****rĒ at Grant just before he was shot. That's not what I read. I read it was said to Grant's buddy, and the cop claimed he was parrotting back what the kid had just called him. And, you know the instruction by the judge to the jury as well as evidence allowed and disallowed can have a profound impact on the decision the jury reaches. Based on that, I would think the case deserves further investigation. A viewing of the video shows a cop who fired his gun and by his expression and comments and actions nearly any fair-minded person would see that this was a horribly stupid accident. Which is exactly what the jury, to their credit, found. But, hey, if Holder wants to keep scaring Whitey that's just fine by me. I welcome a Justice Dept. inquiry. ;-)

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
are they having a sale on tin foil hats today or something??

If they are, make sure you stock up. I'm sure you don't want to run out.

Why is everything black against white with you? You have a real problem with race, don't you?

Franco
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I haven't followed this case as we have had bigger issues to follow down here.

One question: Why was the suspect resisting arrest?

My though is that had he obeyed the arresting officers, he wouldn't have had to try and tazer him.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
If they are, make sure you stock up. I'm sure you don't want to run out.

Why is everything black against white with you? You have a real problem with race, don't you?

yes i do. i have a real problem with race when i see a president make decisions based upon it time after time after time. he'll stay out of any mess thats black doing wrong to white, and get heavily involved on the minority side when its against them, regardless of the facts. and in every case its clear he will get more votes his way.

what happened to all the transparency and bringing together he was supposed to bring to the office?

he is a fraud and a racist and you guys just sweep it under the rug. fools all.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM

My though is that had he obeyed the arresting officers, he wouldn't have had to try and tazer him.

how dare you try to put the burden of being responsible for ones actions on the criminal!!! racist!!

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Hew,

The officer may have made the mistake, but I stand by my statement that it is a difficult mistake to make. I read the same thing about what he said, but this is supposed to be a trained police officer, and he can’t tell the difference between a Sig Sauer 226-40 and a taser?

“Arrested a lot of violent and struggling criminals with an angry mob screaming at you have you?”

Come on Hew, that is not an excuse. Police officers are trained to handle situations like that. Being untrained, maybe I would have screwed up under the pressure and grabbed the wrong weapon and used it. But, it would not have been because I couldn’t tell the difference once it was in my hand.

”That's not what I read. I read it was said to Grant's buddy, and the cop claimed he was parrotting back what the kid had just called him.”

All of the accounts I read said that Officer Pirone made the remark directly to Grant. But, in all fairness, Pirone was not the shooter.

Just because the officer was visably upset after the shooting doesn’t mean he did not intend to shoot to kill. Maybe taking a life didn’t feel like what he thought it would. I don’t know.

The fact is, there are questions about the verdict based on video evidence and witness statements. The family and the community are not satisfied with the verdict, and has request the DOJ investigate. That’s what they are doing. If you want to look at in strictly racial terms, that’s up to you.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 04:43 PM
yes i do. i have a real problem with race when i see a president make decisions based upon it time after time after time. he'll stay out of any mess thats black doing wrong to white, and get heavily involved on the minority side when its against them, regardless of the facts. and in every case its clear he will get more votes his way.

what happened to all the transparency and bringing together he was supposed to bring to the office?

he is a fraud and a racist and you guys just sweep it under the rug. fools all.

Based on some of the statements you have made on this forum, I think you just have a problem with race period. Some of your statements had nothing to do with Obama, transparency, or anything swept under the rug. They were just about race.

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 04:50 PM

rk

I'm quite disgusted that you compare someone holding a billy club outside of a polling place to an execution by a trained police officer. No one could make the mistake of a fully loaded sig compared to a taser...

road kill
07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm quite disgusted that you compare someone holding a billy club outside of a polling place to an execution by a trained police officer. No one could make the mistake of a fully loaded sig compared to a taser...

That is not what I did.
This went to court and went thru due process.
You don't like the results so you through a fit?

BTW--I would bet almost everyone here knows that I was not equating those events as you suggested.

rk

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM

rk

There is a big difference between some guy standing outside of a polling place with a night stick not hurting or threatening anyone and shooting an unarmed man in the back while he is lying face down on the ground.

This is not the first time the DOJ has gotten involved in a case where someoneís civil rights may have been violated. Itís not political. That is what they are supposed to do.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Franco,

Some witnesses said he was not resisting until he was punched and kneed in the face by Officer Pirone. I think that is one of the reasons the family has requested the DOJ get involved.

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
That is not what I did.

BTW--I would bet almost everyone here knows that I was not equating those events as you suggested.

rk
Where did i throw a fit you made a gross comparison and i called you on it thats all.

The officer got involuntary manslaughter where the video clearly shows that he pulled his gun when the suspect was lying face first on the ground and shot him. I'm sorry but that's either race or a power trip. It wasn't a mistake. He didn't think he pulled his tazer. His argument until the day he took the stand was that he thought that Grant had a gun. Then all of a sudden hes on the stand and he thought he pulled his taser? Something held completely differently fired completely differently, weights are completely different. How the hell did he aim the "taser" and not see that it wasn't a taser. This was an execution plain and simple.

The civil case should be interesting something like 1.5 million. Since he had the money to post a 3 million dollar bond i say make him pay every last dime.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
That is not what I did.

rk

If you don't like the results, you do exactly what the family did. You request the DOJ investigate. That doesn't mean they will get the results they want in the end, but it is their only recourse. Are you suggesting they should just accept the verdict and say nothing?

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 05:05 PM
If you don't like the results, you do exactly what the family did. You request the DOJ investigate. That doesn't mean they will get the results they want in the end, but it is their only recourse. Are you suggesting they should just accept the verdict and say nothing?
I'm sure he would...

road kill
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
You guys are something else.

Yeah, the cops deliberately shot an innocent unarmed man for no reason and then the evil courts covered it up.

Get real.....

rk

david gibson
07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Based on some of the statements you have made on this forum, I think you just have a problem with race period. Some of your statements had nothing to do with Obama, transparency, or anything swept under the rug. They were just about race.

when you have nothing else, play the race card. care to back that accusation up with facts? birds of a feather flock together my friend, doesnt make it racism.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
There is a big difference between some guy standing outside of a polling place with a night stick not hurting or threatening anyone and shooting an unarmed man in the back while he is lying face down on the ground.

This is not the first time the DOJ has gotten involved in a case where someoneís civil rights may have been violated. Itís not political. That is what they are supposed to do.

testimony: he slapped his club in his other hand and said "you are about to find out what its like being ruled by the black man, cracker"

naaaaaa....not a threat at all.....:rolleyes:

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
You guys are something else.

Yeah, the cops deliberately shot an innocent unarmed man for no reason and then the evil courts covered it up.

Get real.....

rk

Wouldn't be the first time the cops have done something like that and i didn't say the courts covered it up. I'm saying they gave a lesser sentence to a man who deserved much more than what he got.

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
testimony: he slapped his club in his other hand and said "you are about to find out what its like being ruled by the black man, cracker"

thats a threat?

road kill
07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Wouldn't be the first time the cops have done something like that and i didn't say the courts covered it up. I'm saying they gave a lesser sentence to a man who deserved much more than what he got.

Really, and you KNOW this how??

stan b

Cody Covey
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
watch the video and use your common sense. Then tell me it was an accident. It wasn't its not possible. a 5 year old wouldn't have made that mistake...
I have a question...Why are you sticking up for this officer?

YardleyLabs
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
As a matter of interest Stan and Dave, have you watched any of the seven videos of the incident itself. You can see film with detailed commentary at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zibrvBxsdck. You can also see copies of all the films taken as released by the court on YouTube. I understand the reluctance of juries to convict officers for actions they take on duty. The fact that the jury found him guilty of manslaughter is itself unusual, particularly since the entire shooting appears to have been very deliberate and done in a context where it is hard to see what threat was perceived. You can see the officer stand up while the suspect is being held down by the other officer. He unhooks his pistol from his right hip holster. He aims the pistol carefully to avoid endangering his fellow officer, and shoots the suspect in the back. He then finishes hand-cuffing the suspect and rolls him over on his back. In the incident report completed at the station, the officer indicated that the shooting was not an accident. However, the jury was not permitted to view that report. I'm sure that it is a complete coincidence that a Los Angeles jury didn't include one single black person.

Filing civil rights charges and even filing civil charges are both part of the judicial system. As I am sure you remember, that was the approach used to obtain a slim modicum of justice following a similarly well thought out and deliberative verdict exonerating O. J. Simpson.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 06:36 PM

I did not read through the testimony, but if that's what he said, it's a pretty weak threat. You're going to be ruled by a black man . . . . that's the threat? Did he threaten to hit anyone? Did he confront anyone directly with his night stick? I'm just not seeing it. Mybe it's because I wouldn't have felt threatened.

dnf777
07-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Not sure how anyone would rush to defend what looks like a cold-blooded killing of a non-threatening, subdued suspect, well under police control.

Calmly shooting an unarmed man, laying facedown, in the back is really hard to explain in terms of imminent threat and justifiable deadly force.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 06:52 PM
when you have nothing else, play the race card. care to back that accusation up with facts? birds of a feather flock together my friend, doesnt make it racism.

Me play the race card. You have to be kidding. You have made several derogatory comments about blacks on this forum. I am not going to waste my time going back over your posts to find them. I am not the only one that has called you on it in the past.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Okay Hew, you are in a situation where the guy you are trying to apprehend is face down on the ground and resisting putting his arm behind his back, so you decide to TASE him. In the heat of the moment, you reach on the wrong side for your taser, and unsnap and draw your service weapon by mistake. Are you telling you would not notice the difference?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/PrairieHunter/taser-gun.jpg

A loaded .40 Sig 226 weighs just over 2 lbs. A Taser X26 weighs just over 7 oz.

dnf777
07-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Okay Hew, you are in a situation where the guy you are trying to apprehend is face down on the ground and resisting putting his arm behind his back, so you decide to TASE him. In the heat of the moment, you reach on the wrong side for your taser, and unsnap and draw your service weapon by mistake. Are you telling you would not notice the difference?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/PrairieHunter/taser-gun.jpg

Yeah. You draw your weapon, draw aim, and feel the trigger as you pull....and you don't realize you're about to fire your pistol into someone's back??

Sorry. That dog don't hunt.

luvmylabs23139
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
I did not read through the testimony, but if that's what he said, it's a pretty weak threat. You're going to be ruled by a black man . . . . that's the threat? Did he threaten to hit anyone? Did he confront anyone directly with his night stick? I'm just not seeing it. Mybe it's because I wouldn't have felt threatened.

Maybe you wouldn't feel threatened but others would.
Lets look at this from my angle. I'm 5'3'' 110 lbs and female. Yes that would be very intimidating unless I had one of my 80lb dogs with me and they aren't allowed in the voting places. The visual would be enough for me to turn around and just leave. I would not get close enough for further action to even be required on their part.

BrianW
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm sure that it is a complete coincidence that a Los Angeles jury didn't include one single black person. .

Don't forget that the prosecutor, the one who took such pains to inflame the black community with his allegations of "execution", is the one who had to sign off on the jury selection as well. Is he in on the fix now as well, Jeff?

Or is it because prosecutors in Los Angeles have not won a murder conviction in a police shooting case since 1983?

The officer was convicted folks. This is not the Rodney King beating trial where the officers were acquited. He faces 10 years or more in prison. What's the DOJ going to do, spend millions of our tax dollars to find him "more" guilty? Are those monies going to help Grant's family at all? They've already got a civil wrongful death case started. No. Meanwhile, DOJ spends more of our money to vacate a judgment where the defendants didn't even bother to show in court, and I've read that one on them is an attorney?

If, as some have alleged, the shooting was an "execution", why did two people, including a friend of Grant's, testify that they heard the officer say he intended to use his Taser shortly before the shooting. In at least six other instances, officers have said they made the same mistake of firing a handgun when they intended to use a Taser. Numerous witnesses said Mehserle looked shocked after the gunshot. Defense attorney Michael L. Rains said video footage shows his client holding his head in his hands in despair.
Why, according to the LA Times no less, (hardly Fox News) was there NO evidence presented in the case that officer who shot acted with prejudice?

YardleyLabs
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Don't forget that the prosecutor, the one who took such pains to inflame the black community with his allegations of "execution", is the one who had to sign off on the jury selection as well. Is he in on the fix now as well, Jeff?

No, the prosecutor does not have to sign off on jury selection. Each party is given a finite number of peremptory challenges and must otherwise challenge based on substantive objections. It is considered illegal to use those challenges to achieve a specific racial outcome, but that tends to only be applied to the prosecutor.

road kill
07-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Lets look at this from my angle. I'm 5'3'' 110 lbs and female. Yes that would be very intimidating unless I had one of my 80lb dogs with me and they aren't allowed in the voting places. The visual would be enough for me to turn around and just leave. I would not get close enough for further action to even be required on their part.

Well then, just bring your "night stick," they seem to be OK!!;-)

rk

road kill
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
As a matter of interest Stan and Dave, have you watched any of the seven videos of the incident itself. You can see film with detailed commentary at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zibrvBxsdck. You can also see copies of all the films taken as released by the court on YouTube. I understand the reluctance of juries to convict officers for actions they take on duty. The fact that the jury found him guilty of manslaughter is itself unusual, particularly since the entire shooting appears to have been very deliberate and done in a context where it is hard to see what threat was perceived. You can see the officer stand up while the suspect is being held down by the other officer. He unhooks his pistol from his right hip holster. He aims the pistol carefully to avoid endangering his fellow officer, and shoots the suspect in the back. He then finishes hand-cuffing the suspect and rolls him over on his back. In the incident report completed at the station, the officer indicated that the shooting was not an accident. However, the jury was not permitted to view that report. I'm sure that it is a complete coincidence that a Los Angeles jury didn't include one single black person.
Filing civil rights charges and even filing civil charges are both part of the judicial system. As I am sure you remember, that was the approach used to obtain a slim modicum of justice following a similarly well thought out and deliberative verdict exonerating O. J. Simpson.

So, you too are playing the race card!!

I'm shocked, but then it's all you have.

By the way, quoting one of your fellow travelers, "this disgusts me.":D

rk

Hoosier
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah. You draw your weapon, draw aim, and feel the trigger as you pull....and you don't realize you're about to fire your pistol into someone's back??

Sorry. That dog don't hunt.

Have you been around many deer hunters? Adrenaline will do some crazy things to people. I have heard of people ejecting all their shells, thinking they fired five times at an animal, only to realize hadn't fired any rounds when they find their shells on the ground unfired. People have shot a deer and just walked out of their deer stand. Bow hunters have drawn their bows without an arrow in them and dry fired their bows ect, ect, ect. I believe that mistake could easily have happened, and I'm gonna give the officer the benefit of the doubt every time over some scum bag thug.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
.......snipped the drivel...........

Filing civil rights charges and even filing civil charges (WTF does that mean???) are both part of the judicial system. As I am sure you remember, that was the approach used to obtain a slim modicum of justice following a similarly well thought out and deliberative verdict exonerating O. J. Simpson.

so you think the OJ verdict was correct, even if by a "slim modicum of justice"?

oh, you just get better by the minute!

kb27_99
07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry boys, from what I saw on the video this was an execution! If the defendant would have claimed a mistake was made other than the lame excuse of mistaking his service side arm for his tazzer I could swallow the verdict, but in this case if it were my son I would be counting the days for him to be released from prison. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

I ask, have any of you been in a situation where you had to decide to take another persons life? I have, and considering the circumstances I am confidant with decisions I made and glad they turned out the way they did.

Donít try and blow smoke up our azzes claiming adrenalin, if they cant handle the pressure they shouldn't be in that position. The guy was flatted out on his stomach; at that point words don't mean a darn thing.

Kevin

BrianW
07-09-2010, 09:55 PM
No, the prosecutor does not have to sign off on jury selection.

In the cases that I've been party to, each attorney, for the defense & the prosecution, is asked by the judge if they are satisfied with the jury selected and if they believe that a fair trial can be achieved for the defendant.

I didn't state anything about a racial "profile" of the jury.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM

I understand your point, and I am in no way condoning them being there. I think everyone has a different threshold for that sort of behavior before they feel intimidated. I don't think that would have intimidated me. I probably would have dismissed him as some sort of nut, ignored him, and went on in to vote. Had he approached me, I probably would have felt intimidated.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Have you been around many deer hunters? Adrenaline will do some crazy things to people. I have heard of people ejecting all their shells, thinking they fired five times at an animal, only to realize hadn't fired any rounds when they find their shells on the ground unfired. People have shot a deer and just walked out of their deer stand. Bow hunters have drawn their bows without an arrow in them and dry fired their bows ect, ect, ect. I believe that mistake could easily have happened, and I'm gonna give the officer the benefit of the doubt every time over some scum bag thug.

If he wasn't a trained police officer, I could agree with you. However, this is not a case of buck fever. He is trained to handle these types of situations. If he was that unfit for the job, it should have shown up during training or in a psych evaluation. I just donít think it is reasonable to assume he could not tell the difference between the 2 weapons when they are so dissimilar.

dnf777
07-10-2010, 06:54 AM

I AM a deerhunter. I don't just hang around them. Does this qualify YOU as an expert. I suggest you hang around some REAL deerhunters, who know how to fire their weapons and nock an arrow! Sounds like you're at the annual "take a tard hunting" outing! Or are those just your typical booz it up temp-tards at the camp Cheney hunters?

Yeah, BTW, is it common amongst your hunting groups to have a few beers and shoot your hunting partners in the head, too??

Ah, now I get the picture.

Sorry hoosier, a professional law officer should be AWARE that he is about to disharge his weapon into someone's back!

Please let me know when you're in the woods regards....

luvmylabs23139
07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I understand your point, and I am in no way condoning them being there. I think everyone has a different threshold for that sort of behavior before they feel intimidated. I don't think that would have intimidated me. I probably would have dismissed him as some sort of nut, ignored him, and went on in to vote. Had he approached me, I probably would have felt intimidated.

That is the point. You just admitted that you would be intimidated if he approached you.:rolleyes:
20 years ago I would have been stupid enough to get right in his face and basically tell him exactly what I thought of him. I did the eqivalent back then and ended up with a gun in my face. These days I think more of my safety than taking on a battle that I would physically lose.

gman0046
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Now dnf is a deer hunter. Isn't there anything he doesn't do???? He is also now a police expert.

dnf777
07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Now dnf is a deer hunter. Isn't there anything he doesn't do???? He is also now a police expert.

I do lots of things. You ought to try something besides making an arse of yourelf with meaningless comments on pOUTS. Still haven't heard ONE COHERENT ARGUMENT or position statement from you yet! Just empy insults.

When you insult someone, haven't you learned by now to expect an answer? How old are you anyway? I thought a poll here showed everyone to be at least 20 or so?

And please, let us know when you pick up a gun. I don't want to be in the same state if you can't tell if you're cycling empties or spent shells....or forget to nock an arrow.

See ya at the next Mensa meeting.......NOT!

Hoosier
07-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I AM a deerhunter. I don't just hang around them. Does this qualify YOU as an expert. I suggest you hang around some REAL deerhunters, who know how to fire their weapons and nock an arrow! Sounds like you're at the annual "take a tard hunting" outing! Or are those just your typical booz it up temp-tards at the camp Cheney hunters?

Yeah, BTW, is it common amongst your hunting groups to have a few beers and shoot your hunting partners in the head, too??

Sorry hoosier, a professional law officer should be AWARE that he is about to disharge his weapon into someone's back!

Actually, the things I was talking about I either read about or talked to people in archery shops, and sporting goods stores. The people I hunt with are hard core hunters who hunt daylight to dark in northern MN. You should try it sometime. One of those "turds" as you call them shot a buck that scored 184 at noon on the last day of a 16 day season, after hunting every legal minute up to that point. None, I repeat none of the people I hunt with drink at all while handling firearms, and if they did they would be kicked out of camp (which is a real deer camp, not some namby pamby, sit down to pee gathering of the "hope and change crowd" you hang out with). So if you'd like to do some real, big woods hunting, let me know. It might get a little scary for a fence row hunter like I'm sure you are though, seeing more wolves then deer and all. Oh, and be prepared most of us hike 3 to 5 miles back into a frozen swamp to hunt, so don't piss of the entire camp by giving your opinion on everything, you might need somebody to help you drag a 250+ lb deer. Now go back to being a expert on every subject that comes up, but leave the hunting to us actual woodsmen.

gman0046
07-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Well put Tremayne. Looks as if you along with many others have dnf pegged.

dnf777
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice job of backing out of what you said.
I hunt for meat, not wall hangings. Keep your scoring system.

Go back home and do your little locker room comparisons on each other. I don't need to prove anything to you.

This forum has deteriorated into the biggest bunch of immature comments I've seen in a long time. Unfortunately, I must include some of my replies to you in that group. At least I have the ability to recognize this and sign off.

Have fun with each other boys.

Hoosier
07-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Nice job of backing out of what you said.
I hunt for meat, not wall hangings. Keep your scoring system.

Go back home and do your little locker room comparisons on each other. I don't need to prove anything to you.

This forum has deteriorated into the biggest bunch of immature comments I've seen in a long time. Unfortunately, I must include some of my replies to you in that group. At least I have the ability to recognize this and sign off.

Have fun with each other boys.

Glad you wont be joining us, would have been a pain in the ass rescuing a lost greenhorn anyhow. Walk the wrong way, and you'll have a 70 mile hike through the boundary waters and into Canada, before you hit a paved road.

By the way I've probably killed over 40 deer, and only a few were bucks. I've used a bow, rifle, black powder, shotgun, and handgun. Next time you want to start trash talking about hunting aim it more to the left side of the isle, you might find a better target. And before you start on the bird hunting I probably do more of that then you'll ever do either, so I would keep that one toned down too. :rolleyes:

Blackstone
07-10-2010, 10:21 PM
That is the point. You just admitted that you would be intimidated if he approached you.:rolleyes:
20 years ago I would have been stupid enough to get right in his face and basically tell him exactly what I thought of him. I did the eqivalent back then and ended up with a gun in my face. These days I think more of my safety than taking on a battle that I would physically lose.

But, from the accounts I read, he wasn't approaching people threatening them. So, I guess I would not have felt intimidated in that situation. :rolleyes:

When you get right in the face of someone as you described, then you become the aggressor and intimidator. You are lucky the person probably didn't feel that intimidated by you and only put in your face to make a point and instead of using it.

dnf777
07-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Glad you wont be joining us, would have been a pain in the ass rescuing a lost greenhorn anyhow. Walk the wrong way, and you'll have a 70 mile hike through the boundary waters and into Canada, before you hit a paved road.

By the way I've probably killed over 40 deer, and only a few were bucks. I've used a bow, rifle, black powder, shotgun, and handgun. Next time you want to start trash talking about hunting aim it more to the left side of the isle, you might find a better target. And before you start on the bird hunting I probably do more of that then you'll ever do either, so I would keep that one toned down too. :rolleyes:

Tremayne
What the hell is the purpose of dumbass comments like that? You know NOTHING about me, or how much or what I hunt. YOU started the trash talking, and like I said, if you're going to insult, expect replies.

Not from me anymore. I'm done with this romper-room conversation. You know what? If you killed 10 more deer than me in our lives, who the F*$( cares???

Can you honestly say that you have engaged in conversations like this since grade schjool? Don't answer.

I welcome discussion, debate, headbutting with you. I have enjoyed most of our banter.....and even though I won't admit it, I sometimes even agree with your posts.

But as for yankees getting lost in the woods, our yankee gun laws, who killed more deer with Bowie knives in their teeth, and who has a longer.....well, hopefully you get the point.....I will politely excuse myself from those type of petty arguments. I think we're all better than that.

Hoosier
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM

What's the matter? Would you like to be able to type stuff like that and have me crawl into a corner, and hide.