PDA

View Full Version : November 6/7, 2012

david gibson
07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
after this, and after the rodney king verdict, its going to be really ugly after the 2012 election. much worse, since its a nationwide event.

i remember grumblings that it could happen in 2010, and that was before he ever held office. can you imagine the outrage they will have when he is ousted from office??

gonna be a lot of tension leading up to this......

gman0046
07-09-2010, 01:15 PM
What was the Rodney King verdict? Wasn't he arrested for impersonating a Piniata?

Franco
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I was living in Westwood (Los Angeles) when the Rodney King riots errupted. I kept telling the locals that it was going to get ugly if the police on trial were not convicted. Not that I thought they should be convicted but after ahving lived there for a while, one picks up on the mindset of the city which is that authority and the police are bad and lawbreakers are good.

Remember, this is southern Cal, a very liberal town that has lost touch with reality long ago.

The roits weren't in west LA as much as the southcental and downtown areas. But, I did have a .357 with me at all times. After watching that truck driver dragged out of his truck and hit in the face with a brick on TV I wasn't going to let anything like that happen to me.

They tried to burn down many of the businesses owned by Korean-Americans but the business owners stood guard with automatic weapons and the Rodney King types went for the easier prey.

None of the thugs caught on tape were ever brought to justice.

And, I agree that when Obama is dismissed by the voting public it will get ugly again. I'm not convinced he will walk peacfully away from power.

road kill
07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
I was living in Westwood (Los Angeles) when the Rodney King riots errupted. I kept telling the locals that it was going to get ugly if the police on trial were not convicted. Not that I thought they should be convicted but after ahving lived there for a while, one picks up on the mindset of the city which is that authority and the police are bad and lawbreakers are good.

Remember, this is southern Cal, a very liberal town that has lost touch with reality long ago.

The roits weren't in west LA as much as the southcental and downtown areas. But, I did have a .357 with me at all times. After watching that truck driver dragged out of his truck and hit in the face with a brick on TV I wasn't going to let anything like that happen to me.

They tried to burn down many of the businesses owned by Korean-Americans but the business owners stood guard with automatic weapons and the Rodney King types went for the easier prey.

None of the thugs caught on tape were ever brought to justice.

And, I agree that when Obama is dismissed by the voting public it will get ugly again. I'm not convinced he will walk peacfully away from power.

Lots of speculation on that.
None of the scenarios Ihave read about seem good.
There is a school of thought that he will NOT leave.

We shall see.

rk

Franco
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I remember the day before the last Presidential election, I told my daughter who is a nurse not to go to work on election day. She works the late shift and gets off at midnight. Though she is more than capable with her pistol, I bought her a .38 S&W for her 14th birthday, that she would be safer not going to work at all on election day just in case Obama lost. I didn't want her driving home after her shift if there was rioting in the streets.

I had visions of 1991 Los Angeles on my mind. Then, I realized that this is south Louisiana and that the police would use all means at their dispoasl to maintain the peace.

We are still a state with laws that are enforced.

M&K's Retrievers
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
There is a school of thought that he will NOT leave.

rk

Oh, he'll leave.

Blackstone
07-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I know this is a scary thought for you guys, but what if he wins in 2012?:p

road kill
07-09-2010, 04:06 PM

That would be proof positive that America has been dumbed down and no longer exists.

rk

BonMallari
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I was also in SoCal living in the San Diego area and happened to be up in Orange County playing golf and then spending the evening at my mother's..I had brother's and sisters,nephews and nieces living all around the southland..the only one that in really affected was my brother Will, he was a hospital administrator in east LA , the highway patrol was proactive and surrounded it and basically locked it down...I took a couple of personal days off and hung out at mom's,drove her to the market,and other errands,also took her to church...it was surreal to watch it all unfold on TV

Hope I never have to see that scenario again

M&K's Retrievers
07-09-2010, 04:26 PM

I can't imagine adding a smiley face to that unthinkable thought.:barf:

road kill
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I was also in SoCal living in the San Diego area and happened to be up in Orange County playing golf and then spending the evening at my mother's..I had brother's and sisters,nephews and nieces living all around the southland..the only one that in really affected was my brother Will, he was a hospital administrator in east LA , the highway patrol was proactive and surrounded it and basically locked it down...I took a couple of personal days off and hung out at mom's,drove her to the market,and other errands,also took her to church...it was surreal to watch it all unfold on TV

Hope I never have to see that scenario again
When Obama gets his ass handed to him in 2012 it will be worse.

rk

Henry V
07-09-2010, 04:31 PM
That would be proof positive that America has been dumbed down and no longer exists.

rk
No, that was proven in 2004. Stay the course..............

duk4me
07-09-2010, 04:32 PM
after this, and after the rodney king verdict, its going to be really ugly after the 2012 election. much worse, since its a nationwide event.

i remember grumblings that it could happen in 2010, and that was before he ever held office. can you imagine the outrage they will have when he is ousted from office??

gonna be a lot of tension leading up to this......

Kinda confused and stupid. Who is exactly they?

road kill
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM

No it wasn't.

It was proven in 2008.

Hope & Change
(translation: Bush started it!!)

rk

road kill
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Kinda confused and stupid. Who is exactly they?

All the people with "warm tingly feelings up their legs" when Obama speaks!!:D

rk

Franco
07-09-2010, 04:42 PM

If he wins in 2012, then that would be the end of what was once a very great and powerful nation. The beacon of civility, fairness and prosperity would be behind us. It would be our 410AD, the year Rome was sacked and never to recover as a great empire. We would be just another economically poor nation along with the rest of the poor nations of the world.

I'm not sure we can survive 4 years of Obama, certainly not 8.

Without the United States to lead the rest of the world, we would enter into another Dark Ages, just like after the Fall of Rome.

david gibson
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM

very funny - but did you see riots from mccain supporters in 2010? do you ever see riots from the conservative side? the fact is, the guy you support is also supported by ignorant rioters that will cause mayhem when he is not elected.

i know you wouldnt do it or condone it, but it is your people nonetheless. i have to question your integrity when thats the side you chose to identify with.

Franco
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Heck, the Democrats were rioting, burning and tearing up property when the Lakers won the NBA title last month!

How do you think they will react when Obama gets bounced from office?

dnf777
07-09-2010, 05:23 PM

Then republicans will de-facto challenge the legitimacy of the election for one.
You guys are concerned he won't leave.....I'd be surprised if anything could make him STAY!

I think the bottom line is: if the economy is good or better, he will win. If not, he's out. Period.

duk4me
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM
very funny - but did you see riots from mccain supporters in 2010? do you ever see riots from the conservative side? the fact is, the guy you support is also supported by ignorant rioters that will cause mayhem when he is not elected.

i know you wouldnt do it or condone it, but it is your people nonetheless. i have to question your integrity when thats the side you chose to identify with.

I'm so easily confused is they the same people that threw the tea in the harbor? Oh prey tell me who is they David?

david gibson
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm so easily confused is they the same people that threw the tea in the harbor? Oh prey tell me who is they David?

oh no, those was patriots dressed up like injuns.

"they" is the type that gets out and riots and burns cop cars at a joyous time every time their home team wins or a cop doesnt get thrown in prison for trying to do his job. "they" comes from various ethnic backgrounds, and in most all cases voted for obama because they thought he would stick it to "the man". and in most cases that was the first and onl;y time they have ever voted. thats why obama has to keep the race card in plain view so they will see what a hero he is to them and they will vote again.

Roger Perry
07-10-2010, 10:50 AM

rk

Yeah, kind of like when Dumbya got re elected. Who would have thunk?

gman0046
07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
All they need is a reason to riot. It doesn't matter. It cold be a court verdict, or a natural disaster like Katrina. Too bad the Liberals on this site can't list one instance of Conservatives rioting.

road kill
07-10-2010, 02:30 PM

That is sooooo classy.

Just what I expect from you.......:rolleyes:

rk

road kill
07-10-2010, 02:31 PM
All they need is a reason to riot. It doesn't matter. It cold be a court verdict, or a natural disaster like Katrina. Too bad the Liberals on this site can't list one instance of Conservatives rioting.

I can......the Revolutionary War!!

rk

dnf777
07-10-2010, 03:48 PM

rk

Those were long-haired liberals

Blackstone
07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Heck, the Democrats were rioting, burning and tearing up property when the Lakers won the NBA title last month!

How do you think they will react when Obama gets bounced from office?

How do you know they were Democrats?

JDogger
07-11-2010, 01:21 AM

rk

Well there you go Gman...from one of yours...JD

ducknwork
07-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Don't worry guys. Whenever they riot, they are brilliant enough to tear up and burn stuff in their own neighborhoods...:confused:

WaterDogRem
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Yeah, b/c John Kerry was the better candidate right?