PDA

View Full Version : Is It The Chief Liar or The Liar In Chief?

M&K's Retrievers
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Check out this and see what you think:

http://americanthinker.com/2010/07/blather_in_kansas_city.html

gman0046
07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Obongo has to lie. He's accomplished absolutely nothing since he's been in office.

YardleyLabs
07-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Check out this and see what you think:

http://americanthinker.com/2010/07/blather_in_kansas_city.html
I have to laugh given the number of times conservatives here blame Clinton for the Bush recession.

As RK likes to say, unbelievable!:rolleyes:

road kill
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I have to laugh given the number of times conservatives here blame Clinton for the Bush recession.

Ah yes, the GOLD standard!!!:D

rk

M&K's Retrievers
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Screw the blame game. What about the lies he told in his speech - the subject of the thread?

YardleyLabs
07-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Screw the blame game. What about the lies he told in his speech - the subject of the thread?
There is no factual assessment in the article to respond to.

1. "This recession was the culmination of a decade of irresponsibility-a decade that fell like a sledgehammer on middle class families." This is absolutely true and it will take at least another ten years to recover assuming that we have the political will to balance the budget even if that means more taxes.

2. " So our goal has never been to create another government program, our goal has been to spur growth in the private sector. ? - The President was describing the stimulus program in his speech. Beyond that, however, the health care proposals, as structured, add government financing to private sector programs to allow additional people to be covered. No new national health service was created. And, of course, as the article notes, the health reform bill passed was what he promised would be passed during his Presidential campaign. How can the man be called a liar for doing what he said he would do?

3. "And we are guided by a simple idea: Government doesn't have all the answers." -- The article actually never points to any factual error in this statement, relying instead on a presumption that its audience believes that the government has all the answers. This is just another straw man argument. I know of no one who actually thinks that. The President's comment in full was "And we were guided by a simple idea: Government doesnít have all the answers. Ultimately, government doesnít create all the jobs. Government canít guarantee growth by itself. But what government can do is lay the foundation for small businesses to expand and to thrive, for entrepreneurs to open up shop and test out new products, for workers to get the training that they need, and for families to achieve some measure of economic security. And that role is especially important in tough economic times. " As is often the case, the argument in this article tries to create a false dichotomy. Either you believe that government knows nothing and can do nothing or you believe that it knows everything and can do anything. Reality rests firmly somewhere in the middle.

4. $32 million given to create 50 jobs... This, of course, is a complete distortion. The funds provided to Smith at the request of area development officials, were added to $36 million invested by the company to create a new manufacturing facility on the site of a closed American Airlines maintenance facility where almost 700 people had been laid off. The plant is building hybrid vehicles for industrial use and is purchasing supplies and material from a number of other local businesses. An article on this can be seen at http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2009/03/02/story1.html?q=Smith%20Electric%20Vehicles%20stimul us%20funding. Whether or not the investment is worthwhile probably won't be known for a long time. It will depend on how successful the start up business proves to be.

road kill
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM

1. "This recession was the culmination of a decade of irresponsibility-a decade that fell like a sledgehammer on middle class families." This is absolutely true and it will take at least another ten years to recover assuming that we have the political will to balance the budget even if that means more taxes.

2. " So our goal has never been to create another government program, our goal has been to spur growth in the private sector. ? - The President was describing the stimulus program in his speech. Beyond that, however, the health care proposals, as structured, add government financing to private sector programs to allow additional people to be covered. No new national health service was created. And, of course, as the article notes, the health reform bill passed was what he promised would be passed during his Presidential campaign. How can the man be called a liar for doing what he said he would do?

3. "And we are guided by a simple idea: Government doesn't have all the answers." -- The article actually never points to any factual error in this statement, relying instead on a presumption that its audience believes that the government has all the answers. This is just another straw man argument. I know of no one who actually thinks that. The President's comment in full was "And we were guided by a simple idea: Government doesnít have all the answers. Ultimately, government doesnít create all the jobs. Government canít guarantee growth by itself. But what government can do is lay the foundation for small businesses to expand and to thrive, for entrepreneurs to open up shop and test out new products, for workers to get the training that they need, and for families to achieve some measure of economic security. And that role is especially important in tough economic times. " As is often the case, the argument in this article tries to create a false dichotomy. Either you believe that government knows nothing and can do nothing or you believe that it knows everything and can do anything. Reality rests firmly somewhere in the middle.

4. $32 million given to create 50 jobs... This, of course, is a complete distortion. The funds provided to Smith at the request of area development officials, were added to $36 million invested by the company to create a new manufacturing facility on the site of a closed American Airlines maintenance facility where almost 700 people had been laid off. The plant is building hybrid vehicles for industrial use and is purchasing supplies and material from a number of other local businesses. An article on this can be seen at http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2009/03/02/story1.html?q=Smith%20Electric%20Vehicles%20stimul us%20funding. Whether or not the investment is worthwhile probably won't be known for a long time. It will depend on how successful the start up business proves to be.

With all due respect.....have you no shame???:oops:

rk

YardleyLabs
07-10-2010, 07:49 PM
With all due respect.....have you no shame???

rk
With all due respect....have you no facts?:oops:

road kill
07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
With all due respect....have you no facts?:oops:

Your interpretation/spin does not equal fact.

rk:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM

2. " So our goal has never been to create another government program, our goal has been to spur growth in the private sector. ? - The President was describing the stimulus program in his speech. Beyond that, however, the health care proposals, as structured, add government financing to private sector programs to allow additional people to be covered. No new national health service was created. You've lost it. My God man wake up. And, of course, as the article notes, the health reform bill passed was what he promised would be passed during his Presidential campaign. How can the man be called a liar for doing what he said he would do?It's the only thing he has done he said he would do!

3. "And we are guided by a simple idea: Government doesn't have all the answers." -- The article actually never points to any factual error in this statement, relying instead on a presumption that its audience believes that the government has all the answers. The article doesn't have to, his actions speak volumes. This is just another straw man argument. Say what? I know of no one who actually thinks that. The President's comment in full was "And we were guided by a simple idea: Government doesn’t have all the answers. Ultimately, government doesn’t create all the jobs. Government can’t guarantee growth by itself. But what government can do is lay the foundation for small businesses to expand and to thrive, for entrepreneurs to open up shop and test out new products, for workers to get the training that they need, and for families to achieve some measure of economic security. And that role is especially important in tough economic times. " As is often the case, the argument in this article tries to create a false dichotomy. Either you believe that government knows nothing and can do nothing or you believe that it knows everything and can do anything. Reality rests firmly somewhere in the middle.

Jeff, please excuse my delay in responding but I just now stopped spinning. The guy is lying at every turn trying to save his ass and you know it.

If bullshit were music, you and obama would be a symphony.

JDogger
07-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Your interpretation/spin does not equal fact.

rk:rolleyes:

That could be applied to many who post here. Jess' sayin" :p

You think...really...you gotta lock on the Truth?

Good Luck regards, JD

PS Man...it's all Interpretation/spin. You, me...everybody.

Tell me, since you know it all...what stock do I buy tomorrow? I wanna know?

What's Stan's forecast?

Or do you and Gibson, m&k et al. just post a few times a day pissin' and moanin' about the way things are?

Who ya got waitin' who's gonna turn the world around and make it 1960 again? Nobody!
I got news for ya. The world and the country are changing/have changed.
We slept at the throttle, and I'm as pissed as you.

Do you get it?

Now...what's your plan?

Or, do ya wanna just carp, bleat and warble?

C'mon.... put forth a plan for 2010, 2012 beyond just winnin' the election. Otherwise we just get more of the same 'ol same 'ol. N'you know it...

YardleyLabs
07-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Jeff, please excuse my delay in responding but I just now stopped spinning. The guy is lying at every turn trying to save his ass and you know it.

2. ... No new national health service was created. You've lost it. My God man wake up. And, of course, as the article notes, the health reform bill passed was what he promised would be passed during his Presidential campaign. How can the man be called a liar for doing what he said he would do?It's the only thing he has done he said he would do!

3. "And we are guided by a simple idea: Government doesn't have all the answers." -- The article actually never points to any factual error in this statement, relying instead on a presumption that its audience believes that the government has all the answers. The article doesn't have to, his actions speak volumes. This is just another straw man argument. Say what? I know of no one who actually thinks that. ...

I'm sorry, did I miss the creation of a new national health service? I thought we passed a program that will permit the uninsured to buy private insurance. With respect to health reform being the only thing he did, you are clearly wrong. He said he would continue in Iraq with a policy of removing our forces from primary combat roles (done) and begin to withdraw them (done). He said he would refocus our primary war efforts on Afghanistan (done), he said he would make investments to promote green energy jobs (done). There are many more, but this is enough to show that your comment is completely false, and the Smith investments being mocked by the American Thinker article are an example of a specific "green" investment of the type that was promised during the campaign.

What about his actions represents or reflects the absurd belief that government has all the answers? As I said, I don't know anyone that says that or believes that. The real disagreements, it seems to me, are that in saying that Government doesn't have all the answers, Obama implied and believes that government does have some of the answers, while those on the right appear to believe that government doesn't even deserve a seat at the table (until, of course, something goes wrong). He also believes that government has a role in stimulating investment and in providing regulatory oversight of business activities -- both propositions opposed on the right unless, of course, the government actions provide massive windfall profits for a preferred industry (e.g., the Medicare prescription program designed specifically to meet the wildest dream of the pharmaceutical industry). However, such beliefs are a far cry from believing that government has all the answers. By trying to reframe questions in extreme terms, the real intention is to keep people from thinking about what is being proposed.. It is a tactic unfortunately used by both sides to promote extremist agendas.

road kill
07-11-2010, 06:44 AM
That could be applied to many who post here. Jess' sayin" :p

You think...really...you gotta lock on the Truth?

Good Luck regards, JD

PS Man...it's all Interpretation/spin. You, me...everybody.

Tell me, since you know it all...what stock do I buy tomorrow? I wanna know?

What's Stan's forecast?

Or do you and Gibson, m&k et al. just post a few times a day pissin' and moanin' about the way things are?

Who ya got waitin' who's gonna turn the world around and make it 1960 again? Nobody!
I got news for ya. The world and the country are changing/have changed.
We slept at the throttle, and I'm as pissed as you.

Do you get it?

Now...what's your plan?

Or, do ya wanna just carp, bleat and warble?

C'mon.... put forth a plan for 2010, 2012 beyond just winnin' the election. Otherwise we just get more of the same 'ol same 'ol. N'you know it...

No, I am well aware of who thinks they are the "sole possesor of the truth!!"
And ye his "Fellow Travelers," who cannot express your selves fall in lock step with the resident secular progressive!!"

All your group does is "HATE" Bush and feel guilty.

Now, what's your plan, or do ya wanna just carp, bleat and warble!!

rk

M&K's Retrievers
07-11-2010, 11:22 AM
2. ... No new national health service was created. You've lost it. My God man wake up. And, of course, as the article notes, the health reform bill passed was what he promised would be passed during his Presidential campaign. How can the man be called a liar for doing what he said he would do?It's the only thing he has done he said he would do!

3. "And we are guided by a simple idea: Government doesn't have all the answers." -- The article actually never points to any factual error in this statement, relying instead on a presumption that its audience believes that the government has all the answers. The article doesn't have to, his actions speak volumes. This is just another straw man argument. Say what? I know of no one who actually thinks that. ...

I'm sorry, did I miss the creation of a new national health service? Apparently so, Jeff. You know very well what the end result will be. I thought we passed a program that will permit the uninsured to buy private insurance. Wrong again. The number of uninsureds will increase with many opting to pay the fine. This has all been hashed out here before. With respect to health reform being the only thing he did, you are clearly wrong. He said he would continue in Iraq with a policy of removing our forces from primary combat roles (done) and begin to withdraw them (done). He said he would refocus our primary war efforts on Afghanistan (done), he said he would make investments to promote green energy jobs (done). There are many more, but this is enough to show that your comment is completely false, and the Smith investments being mocked by the American Thinker article are an example of a specific "green" investment of the type that was promised during the campaign.

What about his actions represents or reflects the absurd belief that government has all the answers?Taking over the auto industry, financial business, oil business and the health industry while at the same time refusing to do what the government should do in securing our borders. As I said, I don't know anyone that says that or believes that. The real disagreements, it seems to me, are that in saying that Government doesn't have all the answers, Obama implied and believes that government does have some of the answers, while those on the right appear to believe that government doesn't even deserve a seat at the table (until, of course, something goes wrong). He also believes that government has a role in stimulating investment and in providing regulatory oversight of business activities -- both propositions opposed on the right unless, of course, the government actions provide massive windfall profits for a preferred industry (e.g., the Medicare prescription program designed specifically to meet the wildest dream of the pharmaceutical industry). However, such beliefs are a far cry from believing that government has all the answers. By trying to reframe questions in extreme terms, the real intention is to keep people from thinking about what is being proposed.. It is a tactic unfortunately used by both sides to promote extremist agendas.

Jeff, I didn't say he hasn't done anything. I said and the article said he lies at the drop of a hat. Your plethora of BS can't change the truth. Perhaps we should start a thread listing all of the lies and you can respond to each.

Roger Perry
07-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Ah yes, the GOLD standard!!!:D

rk

GW Bush's salute to the American People.

< — Previous Picture (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushpic18.htm) | Next Picture (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushpic20.htm) — >

road kill
07-11-2010, 12:01 PM
GW Bush's salute to the American People.

< — Previous Picture (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushpic18.htm) | Next Picture (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushpic20.htm) — >

Roger's man crush and the GOLD standard.

YardleyLabs
07-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Jeff, I didn't say he hasn't done anything. I said and the article said he lies at the drop of a hat. Your plethora of BS can't change the truth. Perhaps we should start a thread listing all of the lies and you can respond to each.Actually you said of health care reform: It's the only thing he has done he said he would do! My examples show that to be wrong.

Merriam Webster defines a lie as follows:

1 a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker
2 : something that misleads or deceives

I actually believe that all Presidents and all politicians are guilty of lies. It is an occupational hazard and the public expects it. I personally think that one of Obama's problems is that he doesn't lie enough. How abou you pick a recent Republican President for comparison and we can list the lies by both and fact check each other.

JDogger
07-11-2010, 09:42 PM
No, I am well aware of who thinks they are the "sole possesor of the truth!!"
And ye his "Fellow Travelers," who cannot express your selves fall in lock step with the resident secular progressive!!"

All your group does is "HATE" Bush and feel guilty.

Now, what's your plan, or do ya wanna just carp, bleat and warble!!rk

Aaah, the old "I'm rubber and you're glue" responce.

Thanks for keeping the playing field level. :p

FWIW I've never hated Bush to anything approaching the level of hate shown by some here for the current president, and I don't feel guilty about anything, thank you.

When you utter the name "secular progressive" I believe you may mean it in a derogatory fashion. Some, however, may take it as a compliment. I know I do.
As to falling in lock-step with the resisdent S-P, I defer. While I might not disagree with him always, I find his dry lengthy posts at times tedious.
I prefer to be amused by more passionate responces here on PP.
I mean after all...why do we come and post here? In the chance that our posts will change anyone's mindset...? Doubtful.
We come here to take shots, (hopefully politley, I know you and I do), for the entertainment value.

Now my plan. My plan is to sit back and watch the future unfold, whatever it may be. The political pendulum will swing as surely as sunrise. What it portends, neither you or I know for sure, (if you do, however, I'll consider that stock tip;))

Good dog trainin' to you Stan, and I apologize for all the Jynantonyx in my previous post. JD

road kill
07-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Aaah, the old "I'm rubber and you're glue" responce.

Thanks for keeping the playing field level. :p

FWIW I've never hated Bush to anything approaching the level of hate shown by some here for the current president, and I don't feel guilty about anything, thank you.

When you utter the name "secular progressive" I believe you may mean it in a derogatory fashion. Some, however, may take it as a compliment. I know I do.
As to falling in lock-step with the resisdent S-P, I defer. While I might not disagree with him always, I find his dry lengthy posts at times tedious.
I prefer to be amused by more passionate responces here on PP.
I mean after all...why do we come and post here? In the chance that our posts will change anyone's mindset...? Doubtful.
We come here to take shots, (hopefully politley, I know you and I do), for the entertainment value.
Now my plan. My plan is to sit back and watch the future unfold, whatever it may be. The political pendulum will swing as surely as sunrise. What it portends, neither you or I know for sure, (if you do, however, I'll consider that stock tip;))

Good dog trainin' to you Stan, and I apologize for all the Jynantonyx in my previous post. JD

Both highlights are good things!!;-)

rk

Roger Perry
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM

And speaking of lying Presidents------

The Bush Clock

A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those clocks?"
St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move."
"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"
"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie." "Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?"
St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."
"Where's Bush's clock?" asked the man.
"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I certainly would not trade places with either Bush or Cheney for all the tea in China when it comes judgment day for either of them.

Roger Perry
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Roger's man crush and the GOLD standard.

Back to name calling again?

Julie R.
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Back to name calling again?

Roger, how can you think it's name calling? Hate and love are very similar emotions. You can't have one without the other. Anyone that read your posts can't help but notice that nearly every single one is about Bush. Is it love? or is it a man crush?

Not name calling here, just asking a simple question.

Roger Perry
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Roger, how can you think it's name calling? Hate and love are very similar emotions. You can't have one without the other. Anyone that read your posts can't help but notice that nearly every single one is about Bush. Is it love? or is it a man crush?

Not name calling here, just asking a simple question.

Then a lot of people on here are showing their man love for Obama. As for me, I would not piss on G W Bush if he was on fire.

Blackstone
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Then a lot of people on here are showing their man love for Obama.

I was waiting for that. :D

duckheads
07-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Then a lot of people on here are showing their man love for Obama. As for me, I would not piss on G W Bush if he was on fire.

which one of the "middle of the road independants" on here was just talking about the hate for obama being worst than the hate for GW? I don't think any of us "right wingers" hate obama quite the way Roger hates GW. Or is it a man crush? could you please clarify. How doing the saying go " I think thou protests to much" makes us wonder Roger

Roger Perry
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
which one of the "middle of the road independants" on here was just talking about the hate for obama being worst than the hate for GW? I don't think any of us "right wingers" hate obama quite the way Roger hates GW. Or is it a man crush? could you please clarify. How doing the saying go " I think thou protests to much" makes us wonder Roger

I thought I made myself perfectly clear when I said "I would not piss on G. W. Bush if he was on fire."