PDA

View Full Version : Hew, Ducknworth, RK, BBGH, Yardley, and others....

dnf777
07-11-2010, 01:17 PM
This forum has been taken over by a few who cannot see beyond their ideals. I have enjoyed and learned from all of you, especially those with whom I disagree.

Most have been gentlemen and ladies, many more than I listed in the title, but the few who are obnoxious and immature have made this forum not worth the time.

I hope to keep in touch with most of you via PM or FB, but to the few who have made this forum venomous, I have nothing to say. You're not worth my time.

As suggested by the radical police here, I will take a break.

mjh345
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Dave, I can understand your sentiments. There seem to be a growing number of intollerant buffoons here that turn to personal insults for those who aren't in lockstep with their ideals or sentiments.
They are too ignorant to realize that it only reflects poorly on them, and also either shows that they have no rational counter arguments to the opposing view, or that they are too stupid to argue them.

I noticed Deputydawg and others have also grown weary of it. Your absence will only give the bully's want they want. A discussion board without differing opinions is really worthless to a rational openminded person; however that fact {and many others} doesn't occur to them.

I would hope you would keep offering your input & realize that their insults really don't affect you. They only serve to diminish themselves in the eyes of the rational posters on here; who admittedly seem to be fewer and farther between at times.

Good Luck & Hope to see you continue to contribute your input

Matt McKenzie
07-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Dave,
Although you and I find ourselves on different sides of some issues, I hope that I'm not one of the folks who you are talking about. I've always tried to keep it civil and I've tried to explain my perspective in a rational and logical way. Hope I haven't offended you along the way.

BonMallari
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
You think POTUS is bad ....have you been on the main page lately..its almost safer here:p

zeus3925
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Enjoyed your presence, Dave. But I have noticed that there are fewer and fewer participants in this forum. I'm sure that many have been convinced that some kind of maniacs exist here because of the name calling.

Our nation is in a time of great crisis. We need good leadership if we are going to make it. But the name calling as exhibited here and in the body politic serves only to discourage those that might serve the country well.

Governance of this country demands input from various viewpoints. Those inputs can only mean anything if there is mutual respect. But this forum is adding little other than hostility.

road kill
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
You think POTUS is bad ....have you been on the main page lately..its almost safer here:p

It is worse there right now....now "SIT!!"

Dave is my friend and I always enjoy the banter.

Sometimes when some people talk down to others the may not have what it takes to stand up in the same manner.
If the feel they have been talked down to, they react in a manner they are accustomed to.

Too many (perhaps me as well) back others into a corner.
They come out swinging in the way they know how.

Some can do it 1 way, but there other ways to skin a cat.

I do not like the name calling or the making fun of names.
I have my reasons.

But there are 2 sides to this, shockingly, there are a couple of progressives that don't fight nice as well.

When you can wrap your arms around that, YOU TOO may see some of the answers you think are so clear.

I like talkin' to Dave, we talk on different venues other than this board and I will continue to talk to Dave.

But again, both ideological sides express themselves on occasion that crosses the line as personal.

I have chosen to use succinct 1 liners, as no one here listens or pays attention anyway and I know I won't change any minds.

I am 58 years old, I have been in combat 3 times, I have saved several lives, I have raised and educated two kids, I have had the love of 2 great women (1 is gone now), I have built a couple businesses, I have had some nice professional succes I get to do all the things I love (except teach Elvis to be silent at the line)and I have been around the world.
I am the result of my life experiences just like you guys.
I also prefer not to be talked down to or approached as though I am a fool.

I try to be respectful, but if someone wants to get jiggy, let's go.

For what it's worth.

stan b

YardleyLabs
07-11-2010, 04:16 PM
At least on POTUS, when we say "Sit Means Sit", we spell it with the letter "h" in the appropriate places.

david gibson
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
This forum has been taken over by a few who cannot see beyond their ideals. I have enjoyed and learned from all of you, especially those with whom I disagree.

Most have been gentlemen and ladies, many more than I listed in the title, but the few who are obnoxious and immature have made this forum not worth the time.

I hope to keep in touch with most of you via PM or FB, but to the few who have made this forum venomous, I have nothing to say. You're not worth my time.

so take your ball and go home because obama keeps feeding the other side ammunition and you find it harder and harder to defend him with any modicum of self respect left over?

please.......you remind me of the guy on the sofa in the new geico commercial.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdLruOIKmA

subroc
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Good luck to you.

I never understood why someone who posts on an internet bulletin board and decides to leave/stop posting feels compelled to make an announcement about it.

Goose
07-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Is that all it took to get rid of you? Sarah Palin has more staying power than you do!

We live in Cuba now.

dnf777
07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Is that all it took to get rid of you? Sarah Palin has more staying power than you do!

We live in Cuba now.

Sarah Palin quit long before I did...from a job she took at oath to uphold. I never took an oath to post here.

RK, Hookset--You know I'm not talking about you guys. Zeus, Bon, Duck, you guys are all friends in my book, and I'll throw ducks or tip glasses with ya'll anytime.

Subroc, I only say goodbye because I do have friends here, and you're one of them, that I will miss bantering with.

Gibson--you are right. Obama is making it easier for you guys it seems. But he is not the reason I'm leaving. Its a few here who can't abide by a few unwritten rules of common respect and decency. You and I have squared off before, but both come out better for it. You actually tempt me to stick around.

I'm sure I'll be back, but just need a break for a while. Besides, with a job, kids home for the summer, nice weather.....need some time away.

subroc
07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Dave, as I said above, the best of luck to you...

gman0046
07-11-2010, 07:34 PM
dnf is a Drama Queen thats why he had to make two posts saying he's leaving. Anyone else would have just quit posting his usual Liberal BS.

Blackstone
07-11-2010, 08:03 PM
dnf is a Drama Queen thats why he had to make two posts saying he's leaving. Anyone else would have just quit posting his usual Liberal BS.

Just had to get in one last jab, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Buzz
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't spend much time looking at liberal forums because to me it seems ridiculous to spend time discussing politics with people you agree with. At least it makes you think to have to deal with those who challenge your opinions. But it sure looses it's luster when you have to deal with those who get personal and disrespectful. Stay busy and have fun with your family and your dog.

Now I'll have to take a look at the antics on the main forum. Haven't looked there in awhile either.

caryalsobrook
07-11-2010, 09:08 PM
While new to this forum, I too ahve been amazed at the name calling and ridicule expressed. It was easy to see RoaD Kill's style on one liners which are quite entertaining and at ties informative. I enjoy his posts.

I have always liked to ask questions. Ones answers shows much about the person you are having a discussion. It shows the confidence in themselves bythe answers they give. Probably the most informative answer I hear is "I don't know" or "You are right and I am wrong" They certainly show an open mind and a willingness to learn.

As I said, my style is to ask questions and if I can to pick at the answers to gain different perspectives. I think that I tried this with you and you chose to pay more attention the the name calling instead of an open and objective dialogue. I regret that you chose to pay more attention to the former. Maybe we both could have learned something as well as those on this forum. Don't feel like I am picking on you, you are not the only one who apears to avoid answering questions but had rather deal with the name calling and ridicule.

Sorry we could not have an open and civil discussion

david gibson
07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
While new to this forum, I too ahve been amazed at the name calling and ridicule expressed. It was easy to see RoaD Kill's style on one liners which are quite entertaining and at ties informative. I enjoy his posts.

I have always liked to ask questions. Ones answers shows much about the person you are having a discussion. It shows the confidence in themselves bythe answers they give. Probably the most informative answer I hear is "I don't know" or "You are right and I am wrong" They certainly show an open mind and a willingness to learn.

As I said, my style is to ask questions and if I can to pick at the answers to gain different perspectives. I think that I tried this with you and you chose to pay more attention the the name calling instead of an open and objective dialogue. I regret that you chose to pay more attention to the former. Maybe we both could have learned something as well as those on this forum. Don't feel like I am picking on you, you are not the only one who apears to avoid answering questions but had rather deal with the name calling and ridicule.

Sorry we could not have an open and civil discussion

relax and reflect a little here dave, you are like the new brittish kid who shows up to a junior high class in texas wearing shorts and suspenders. you are never going to get away from the target that is painted over your chest.

this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society. that subset is overwhelmingly anti-obama and has been from the start. as i have said before, many of us just cant understand how anyone in our sport can hold liberal beliefs. so by default you are an abuse magnet, some just do it with a little more thought and substance than others.

but i certainly understand the need for a break. maybe while on your little break in mamby-pamby land you can find yourself a little self confidence you jackwagon! ;-)

zeus3925
07-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Now that's disrespectful.

JDogger
07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
relax and reflect a little here dave, you are like the new brittish kid who shows up to a junior high class in texas wearing shorts and suspenders. you are never going to get away from the target that is painted over your chest.

this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society. that subset is overwhelmingly anti-obama and has been from the start. as i have said before, many of us just cant understand how anyone in our sport can hold liberal beliefs. so by default you are an abuse magnet, some just do it with a little more thought and substance than others.

but i certainly understand the need for a break. maybe while on your little break in mamby-pamby land you can find yourself a little self confidence you jackwagon! ;-)

OMG! the next thing you know, we'll be refering to photographers as "Artsy-Fartsy". ;-);-) (2nd wink for emphasis, ya know). JD

zeus3925
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
The offenders are showing themselves!

mjh345
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM

Dave, I gotta agree with David on this.
Put your cast iron big boy panties on and wade back into the muck.

This forum would make a John Bircher look like a flaming liberal. You aint gonna change most peoples minds.
The asshats that go personal are what they are, regardless of their stance. The majority know who they are and their opinions are diminished by their inability to articulate their point and delve into the insult game.

Enjoy your time away and come back soon with a little thicker skin

david gibson
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
OMG! the next thing you know, we'll be refering to photographers as "Artsy-Fartsy". ;-);-) (2nd wink for emphasis, ya know). JD

you did see the commercial, right? ;-)

JDogger
07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
you did see the commercial, right? ;-)

...??... No...Try not to be so oblique. You talkin' bout the eagle? JD

ducknwork
07-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I have been too busy all weekend to look at this forum, but this isn't what I wanted to see this morning. Dave, it'll stink if you stay gone from here...after all, who's gonna make up for your 4,367 posts per day if you aren't here?;-) I can certainly understand your frustration. You know I almost feel the same from the PM last week, but I am hopelessly addicted, so I can't leave...It's too bad that grown men can't treat each other with more decency than what is shown here day in and day out, and it is certainly MUCH worse than it used to be. Maybe it's the heat that has everyone grumpy right now. Yall need to start acting like men, not like middle school kids. I find it humorous that some grown men get their kicks by giving people neverending rations of shit over the internet. Damn, get a life. Screwing with someone here and there in good nature is one thing, but constantly and purposefully attacking others maliciously or picking fights for the sake of picking fights is ridiculous. Grow up, children.

Don't stay gone too long!

david gibson
07-12-2010, 08:13 AM
...??... No...Try not to be so oblique. You talkin' bout the eagle? JD

oh, i'm sorry, excuse me for being so oblique as to refer to a post in this thread. post #8 to be exact. i was under the false assumption that your many, well thought out and overwhelmingly convincing posts were the result of having read the preceding posts in the thread in which you choose to opine....:rolleyes:

david gibson
07-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I have been too busy all weekend to look at this forum, but this isn't what I wanted to see this morning. Dave, it'll stink if you stay gone from here...after all, who's gonna make up for your 4,367 posts per day if you aren't here?;-) I can certainly understand your frustration. You know I almost feel the same from the PM last week, but I am hopelessly addicted, so I can't leave...It's too bad that grown men can't treat each other with more decency than what is shown here day in and day out, and it is certainly MUCH worse than it used to be. Maybe it's the heat that has everyone grumpy right now. Yall need to start acting like men, not like middle school kids. I find it humorous that some grown men get their kicks by giving people neverending rations of shit over the internet. Damn, get a life. Screwing with someone here and there in good nature is one thing, but constantly and purposefully attacking others maliciously or picking fights for the sake of picking fights is ridiculous. Grow up, children.

Don't stay gone too long!

what is with you people? do you understand this:
dnf: "As suggested by the radical police here, I will take a break."

now put the tissues away and man up, he aint goin anywhere. just like he is brett favre retiring, get all emotional and blubbery and then turn around and nothings changed... ;-)

"you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

JDogger
07-12-2010, 08:32 AM
oh, i'm sorry, excuse me for being so oblique as to refer to a post in this thread. post #8 to be exact. i was under the false assumption that your many, well thought out and overwhelmingly convincing posts were the result of having read the preceding posts in the thread in which you choose to opine....:rolleyes:

I usually only skim your posts and don't click on any links. I like to get in and out as fast as I can to avoid any chance of cross-contamination.:p

david gibson
07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I usually only skim your posts and don't click on any links. I like to get in and out as fast as I can to avoid any chance of actually learning anything meaningful.:p

fixed it .......

ducknwork
07-12-2010, 10:40 AM
what is with you people? do you understand this:
dnf: "As suggested by the radical police here, I will take a break."

now put the tissues away and man up, he aint goin anywhere. just like he is brett favre retiring, get all emotional and blubbery and then turn around and nothings changed... ;-)

"you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Of course I understand the quoted statement. Apparently you didn't understand my entire post, so I will give you a brief synopsis.

Express disappointment at learning of this. Make attempt at humorous jab. Relate to his opinion. Make statement regarding the resident dickheads on the forum who have nothing better to do than act like children. Wish they would grow up and act like real men.

Hoosier
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Now who's gonna take our posts out of context, and act like the victim when called on it.

badbullgator
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Dave
Sorry to see you go, but I understand. The new way here is to post "louder" than the other guy and fight about everything posted rather than discuss it.

badbullgator
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Now who's gonna take our posts out of context, and act like the victim when called on it.

Well we will still have Henry's charts.......

ducknwork
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
The only true words above are "many of us just can't understand"; therefore you think you know it all.........

Perhaps the more moderate people posting or reading this forum were raised with better family values, i.e. manners, etc. that allow them to make conversation without name calling, spreading fear, hate, and lies which is the constant right wing losing platform - besides cut taxes, cut regulations, start wars, and spend like crazy.

You and many others repeatedaly show your intellectual capacity by your writings and rantings. As a child my father told me that people who cuss all the time are not very intelligent which is analagous to this board and the reason the know it all's will soon have it to themselves. It is just too unproductive for respectful folks..............

You still on the govt payroll?:p

Good post, by the way. Very well said.

Well, except for the right wing part because you know you can't make stereotypes like that and be correct.

road kill
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
The only true words above are "many of us just can't understand"; therefore you think you know it all.........

Perhaps the more moderate people posting or reading this forum were raised with better family values, i.e. manners, etc. that allow them to make conversation without name calling, spreading fear, hate, and lies which is the constant right wing losing platform - besides cut taxes, cut regulations, start wars, and spend like crazy.

You and many others repeatedaly show your intellectual capacity by your writings and rantings. As a child my father told me that people who cuss all the time are not very intelligent which is analagous to this board and the reason the know it all's will soon have it to themselves. It is just too unproductive for respectful folks..............

Progressives are not moderates.

Now quit wasting my tax money!!:D

rk

david gibson
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM

You and many others repeatedaly show your intellectual capacity by your writings and rantings. As a child my father told me that people who cuss all the time are not very intelligent which is analogous to this board and the reason the know it all's will soon have it to themselves. It is just too unproductive for respectful folks..............

then you are saying this statement is not true???

"this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society."

show me the latinos and african americans running dogs... :confused:

you mean nothing to me, you are the biggest plagiarist on this forum and i nailed you on it - you do remember Michael David Cobb Bowen, right? he's the guy that wrote the essay on bigotry and racism that you copied and posted as your own - no quotation marks, no references. here ya go - i'll remind you:
http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=605144#post605144

and i will also offer the proof:
http://www.mdcbowen.org/p2/rm/define/bigots.html

do the last two paragraphs sound familiar???

what a joke. and the biggest joke is the guy is really cool, a very conservative black man at a crossroads with his life because of the likes of jeremiah wright, jesse jackson, al sharpton, and,......ummmm, oh yeah, barack obama.

so all in all i thank you for your plagiarist endeavor, as despicable as it is, it introduced me to a very insightful man with some great ideas and essays. we are now FB friends, i read his blog daily. thanks again!

now, settle down skippy, for every lie you claim i have put forth there are just as many on the liberal front - or, dare say, are you saying your thoughts are the only ones worthy of consideration???? noooo, you cant say that, can you? that would be doing just what you claim i am doing.........ad nauseum....

so - hiding behind a fake name, claiming to have a super secret govt job with a secret handshake and everything, and plagiarizing other peoples work to claim as your own.......tell me, just what credibility do you have? anything and everything you say is questionable. how much did you google to write the above? my name is out there for all to see, and i run hunt tests under the same. you, sir or madam, clearly have not the cajones to even come close to standing next to me.

and the really sad thing is you are likely a regular here who goes undercover as a coward....until you lift the veil, you are nothing but a coward, but now you have dug such a deep hole now a coward like you cant even show his face. "oh what a tangled web we weave....." LOL (Shakespeare, by the way)

Pals
07-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Well we will still have Henry's charts.......

This made me laugh right out loud. Still chucking.

Seriously-I hope you don't leave Dave.

JDogger
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM

"this sport and lifestyle of retrievers and hunting that we all hold in common is pretty much exclusive to the middle and upper middle class anglo section of our society."

I guess you haven't run many dogs in NM, DG. The three AKC and UKC clubs in NM include many minorities, Scottish-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-americans, Italian-Americans, Spanish-Americans, and others.
My mentor, and introductor to dog games was named Soon, a Korean-American.
I will grant you, no African-Americans participate here in NM, that I know of, but we have had Texans, (you know, a hole other country:p). The "T"-word is used here much as the "N"-word is used in TX, but... we like you...really...we sell you over-priced real estate, teach your kids to ski and snow-board, (if God had wanted Texans to have mountains, he would have given them some), and snigger at you on the plaza in Santa Fe while you buy "Indian-made", made in China.
We tolerate you, but frequently wish you would just go home.

So, you see DG, xenophobia is not yours exclusively. You may despise, hate, and hold in contempt others, but the feeling is shared, to be sure.

JDogger

PS Please share with your fellow Texan's, that ther ain't no ducks in NM.
Thank You!:)

Clint Watts
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM

Hopefully a short one. Enjoy.

dback
07-12-2010, 10:24 PM

MMMMmmmm-Kaayyy

That's not what I said and you know it. Like I said before, work on your reading comprehension or just quit trying to misconstrue things and start fights for no apparent reason at all. I have no reason to delete this thread, but apparently you aren't man enough to stand behind what you say. After all, you say you would have Chris delete it if it was you.

Now, how about answering the questions. You claim to have such big cajones, but all I see is bob and weave.

I really can't believe I am still bothering with you. You are one level above whale turds to me.

Leading by example I see.

It is the rare individual on POTUS that doesn't engage in some degree of 'one-upmanship' ....ranging from out right insults to at least parting 'gigs'. Herr Goodwin, adept as he may be in not participating in this behavior, falls short of complete innocence himself. Dave started his 1 million post barrage on POTUS by stating he was going to quit on several occasions.....personally if I'm going to quit, I'm not going to do a 'Cosby Farewell Tour'. If Dave or anyone else reads his posts you'll find that he nearly always had a parting shot. If you don't want that stuff....don't participate in it. Jeff seems to get less of it than most because he rarely becomes involved. Now....I on the other hand take shots at Jeff because his politics make me nauseous and frankly..... he's just a little on the ugly side :shock: ;-)

Look on the bright side Dave.....if you take a whole year off......you'll still be a 'post count' leader :-) :-)

Hew
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
The person who always amazes me with his ability to never take anything personal is Franco. Dude is unflappable. I don't think I've ever seen him write anything nasty about anyone; no matter how he might have been provoked and/or justified (including by me ;-)). DNF, send me your address and I'll send you a crocheted WWFD bracelet that you can wear that will hopefully provide you with some tranquility while you post. Some songs need more cowbell. Some forums need more crazy-talk. ;) We'll miss you while you're on your hiatus. Take care.

Hew
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I read something a few years ago in DU or Delta that New Mexico has more ducks fly through it than any other state in the country. I had to read it twice because I thought I didn't read it correctly. Why don't more people hunt NM? Why isn't it a Mecca? Do the ducks just pass through on their way to Mexico?

dback
07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
The person who always amazes me with his ability to never take anything personal is Franco. Dude is unflappable. I don't think I've ever seen him write anything nasty about anyone; no matter how he might have been provoked and/or justified (including by me ;-)). DNF, send me your address and I'll send you a crocheted WWFD bracelet that you can wear that will hopefully provide you with some tranquility while you post. Some songs need more cowbell. Some forums need more crazy-talk. ;) We'll miss you while you're on your hiatus. Take care.

No....no, no......that's just plain BS.....you and Franco both gave me shit years ago about my favorite D-1 institution.....the nasty, insulting language the two of you used is gonna cost you dearly.....SOON!!!!!!!!!!

I read something a few years ago in DU or Delta that New Mexico has more ducks fly through it than any other state in the country. I had to read it twice because I thought I didn't read it correctly. Why don't more people hunt NM? Why isn't it a Mecca? Do the ducks just pass through on their way to Mexico?

How the hell did you get from Southern Kalifornia to Florida.....fly???? If you had driven through that........aaaaaaah.........scenic? local, you'd know why it's not a 'Mecca' :-)

JDogger
07-12-2010, 10:57 PM

More than coincidence???

Dave drops out... and SusieQ pops up. :rolleyes:

As Frank Zappa once asked, "SuzieCreamCheese, what's got into you?"

JD

Clint Watts
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
It is worse there right now....now "SIT!!"

Dave is my friend and I always enjoy the banter.

Sometimes when some people talk down to others the may not have what it takes to stand up in the same manner.
If the feel they have been talked down to, they react in a manner they are accustomed to.

Too many (perhaps me as well) back others into a corner.
They come out swinging in the way they know how.

Some can do it 1 way, but there other ways to skin a cat.

I do not like the name calling or the making fun of names.
I have my reasons.

But there are 2 sides to this, shockingly, there are a couple of progressives that don't fight nice as well.

When you can wrap your arms around that, YOU TOO may see some of the answers you think are so clear.

I like talkin' to Dave, we talk on different venues other than this board and I will continue to talk to Dave.

But again, both ideological sides express themselves on occasion that crosses the line as personal.

I have chosen to use succinct 1 liners, as no one here listens or pays attention anyway and I know I won't change any minds.

I am 58 years old, I have been in combat 3 times, I have saved several lives, I have raised and educated two kids, I have had the love of 2 great women (1 is gone now), I have built a couple businesses, I have had some nice professional succes I get to do all the things I love (except teach Elvis to be silent at the line)and I have been around the world.
I am the result of my life experiences just like you guys.
I also prefer not to be talked down to or approached as though I am a fool.

I try to be respectful, but if someone wants to get jiggy, let's go.

For what it's worth.

stan b

Thank you for your service to our country. You are no fool and I do not believe anyone here thinks so. It is because of great patriots like you that we are able to spew our beliefs on forums such as this. Again, thank you.

Clint Watts

Hoosier
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
More than coincidence???

Dave drops out... and SusieQ pops up. :rolleyes:

As Frank Zappa once asked, "SuzieCreamCheese, what's got into you?"

JD

If Susie starts posting 30 times a day we'll know for sure.

JDogger
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM

Lies. All lies. There's no ducks here. ;-)

Go to TX, OK, and AR. :)

JD

M&K's Retrievers
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
.......For what it's worth.

stan b

Buffalo Springfield I believe. :cool:

M&K's Retrievers
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Go to TX, OK, and AR. :)

JD

Hell, JD, I'm on the TX/OK border and there ain't no stinking ducks here. Why would there be? Sod farms took over all the peanut farms. The air boat boys still do OK on the Red River going in to Lake Texoma but even those ducks are just passing thru. Ain't like it used to be.:(

JDogger
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Hell, JD, I'm on the TX/OK border and there ain't no stinking ducks here. Why would there be? Sod farms took over all the peanut farms. The air boat boys still do OK on the Red River going in to Lake Texoma but even those ducks are just passing thru. Ain't like it used to be.:(

Bummer dude. The public land and WMA pressure here is as great as any where.
Same with the Rio Grande, and the area just keeps getting smaller.

I got access to some private land and I wish I just had more time. Maybe this year...

JD

Clint Watts
07-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Bummer dude. The public land and WMA pressure here is as great as any where.
Same with the Rio Grande, and the area just keeps getting smaller.

I got access to some private land and I wish I just had more time. Maybe this year...

JD

Time is the enemy, my boss told me that there will never be a good time, you just have to make time. Still havn't figured it out, when I do I will let the secret out. Hope this is the year for you.

JDogger
07-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Time is the enemy, my boss told me that there will never be a good time, you just have to make time. Still havn't figured it out, when I do I will let the secret out. Hope this is the year for you.

Thanks Clint, :) You too. JD

Franco
07-13-2010, 06:41 AM
The person who always amazes me with his ability to never take anything personal is Franco. Dude is unflappable.

Thanks, it is an old business tactic. Never take anything personal and always attack the message never the messenger;-)

road kill
07-13-2010, 06:44 AM
1 exception.

When I pointed out that there were 16 late hits (5 later resulted in fines for late/illegal hits) with 0 sacks in last years NFC Pro-Wrestling game, he got testy.

Just sayin'.......

rk:D

Franco
07-13-2010, 06:54 AM
1 exception.

When I pointed out that there were 16 late hits (5 later resulted in fines for late/illegal hits) with 0 sacks in last years NFC Pro-Wrestling game, he got testy.

Just sayin'.......

rk:D

I'll quote Troy Aikman, the Color Analysis for the game, "that roughing the passer call against the Saints should have never been called. The way he tackled Farve is textbook, just like you learn it in training camp".

Having watched the game twice on DVD, there were times they were penalized when they shouldn't have been and times when there could have been a penality called. It was a wash. And, when a team turns the ball over 5 times in one game, they don't usually win;-)

P S
Farve is coming back next season just to play the Saints in the Thursday night season opener on the NFL Network, Sept 9th.

I'm giving the Saints -10 cause they'll win by 20!

Sean Payton released his book "Home Team" two weeks ago. It is fantasic read for anyone that loves football or is in management. One doesn't have to be a Saints fan to enjoy his unique approach to the game. The man is by far the best play caller in the NFL.

road kill
07-13-2010, 07:10 AM
I'll quote Troy Aikman, the Color Analysis for the game, "that roughing the passer call against the Saints should have never been called. The way he tackled Farve is textbook, just like you learn it in training camp".

Having watched the game twice on DVD, there were times they were penalized when they shouldn't have been and times when there could have been a penality called. It was a wash. And, when a team turns the ball over 5 times in one game, they don't usually win;-)

There weren't any called against the Vikings.
NFC Championship game.

There were however 6, count them, 6 fines levied the following week by the NFL.
5 were because of late hits and illegal contact on Favre.
There is your aluminum chair in the ring............

I'm guessing, deep down inside, you already know that.

Congrats on your Lombardi trophy!!

rk

aandw
07-13-2010, 08:02 AM

P S
Farve is coming back next season just to play the Saints in the Thursday night season opener on the NFL Network, Sept 9th.

I'm giving the Saints -10 cause they'll win by 20!

Sean Payton released his book "Home Team" two weeks ago. It is fantasic read for anyone that loves football or is in management. One doesn't have to be a Saints fan to enjoy his unique approach to the game. The man is by far the best play caller in the NFL.
i don't watch a lot of NFL, prefer college football. but you have got to be kidding. brees had a great year, no doubt, and a good career. but peyton manning is in a class by himself.
Roll Tide

M&K's Retrievers
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Sean Payton ....... The man is by far the best play caller in the NFL.

Don't let Jerry Jones hear you say that.:(

dixidawg
07-13-2010, 08:09 AM
[/i][/b]
i don't watch a lot of NFL, prefer college football. but you have got to be kidding. brees had a great year, no doubt, and a good career. but peyton manning is in a class by himself.
Roll Tide

Right behind Tom Brady :-)

YardleyLabs
07-13-2010, 08:11 AM
MMMMmmmm-Kaayyy

....Now....I on the other hand take shots at Jeff because his politics make me nauseous and frankly..... he's just a little on the ugly side :shock: ;-)

I may be ugly, but my dog is cute.....

http://yardleylabs.com/misty/0512_0037026-Misty-Jeff.jpg
;);)
She's just finished a triple with a straight line distance of about a mile -- primarily swimming -- and is hoping that I'm lining her up for more rather than just letting someone take our picture. I, by contrast, have clearly not done a triple for a very long time.

Franco
07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
There weren't any called against the Vikings.
NFC Championship game.

Congrats on your Lombardi trophy!!

rk

That's because Brees gets rid of the ball very quickly. He doesn't hang onto it like some others. Unless Tom Brady proves he still has it, he doesn't rank in my Top 5 QB's.

1 Drew Brees
2 Peyton Manning
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Phillip Rivers
5 Brett Farve

ducknwork
07-13-2010, 08:42 AM

;);)
She's just finished a triple with a straight line distance of about a mile -- primarily swimming -- and is hoping that I'm lining her up for more rather than just letting someone take our picture. I, by contrast, have clearly not done a triple for a very long time.

It always really messes my head up when I see someone online for the first time. They never, I repeat NEVER look anything like what I imagine. This is no exception...:eek:;-)
Sounds like a pretty awesome dog, though! Two thumbs up!

M&K's Retrievers
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
That's because Brees gets rid of the ball very quickly. He doesn't hang onto it like some others. Unless Tom Brady proves he still has it, he doesn't rank in my Top 5 QB's.

1 Drew Brees
2 Peyton Manning
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Phillip Rivers
5 Brett Farve

Hey! What about Romo?

Franco
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Romo hasn't done anything yet. One playoff win in 4 seasons isn't exactly sterling.

My rankings are based on "now" and not career. Career wise, Tom Brady would be number one. But in the "now", I don't see him in the Top 5.

dixidawg
07-13-2010, 09:30 AM

1 Drew Brees
2 Peyton Manning
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Phillip Rivers
5 Brett Farve

And until Brees proves he can do it more than once, he doesn't make mine :)

EDIT: Just saw your last post. I may have been a bit quick on the trigger.

BonMallari
07-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Romo hasn't done anything yet. One playoff win in 4 seasons isn't exactly sterling.

My rankings are based on "now" and not career. Career wise, Tom Brady would be number one. But in the "now", I don't see him in the Top 5.

So why are Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers in your Top 5 :confused: Romo is a clown and that's hard for this Cowboy fan to admit..

Franco
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
And until Brees proves he can do it more than once, he doesn't make mine :)

EDIT: Just saw your last post. I may have been a bit quick on the trigger.

I hear ya!

But, like we chant around here, "Our Time and Two Dat"!;-)

Franco
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
So why are Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers in your Top 5 :confused: Romo is a clown and that's hard for this Cowboy fan to admit..

Aaron Rodgers has had two great seasons since he became the starter and so has Rivers over the last four seasons.

Who would you rank as the current Top 5?

You could certainly make a case for Rothlesberger but I think he can thank his Defense for his success. Carson Palmer...he hasn't really done anything. Ditto for Cutler. Eli Manning has been too inconsistant.

Vicky Trainor
07-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Folks,
Please stop the personal insults and name calling. There is nothing productive in a discussion when it resorts to such behavior.

Infractions have been given to offenders. Please realize that is a warning to be civil in your discussions. We all understand that controversial subjects cause our emotions to heat up, but please show that you are an adult and can discuss a subject intelligently, instead of resorting to childish banter.

Thanks.

Franco
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
[/i][/b]
Roll Tide

Yea but;

He hasn't gotten it done in the post season except for in 06 and he has been in the league 12 seasons.

Brees has thrown more TD's and thrown for more yardage over the last 4 seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I love "homeboy" Peyton Manning, we are freinds on Facebook. But right now he's #2 in my book. The best pass he has ever thrown was the interception/pick 6 to Tracy Porter in the Super Bowl:razz:

dixidawg
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Brady has more Super Bowl rings than the entire Manning family ;-)

BonMallari
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Aaron Rodgers has had two great seasons since he became the starter and so has Rivers over the last four seasons.

Who would you rank as the current Top 5?

You could certainly make a case for Rothlesberger but I think he can thank his Defense for his success. Carson Palmer...he hasn't really done anything. Ditto for Cutler. Eli Manning has been too inconsistant.

Mine would be similar to yours except I still believe in Brady and based on current accomplishments I would have to put Eli M in the top 5...I do think Rodgers throws the best ball of all the QB's out there, perfect spiral every time,but not a Rivers fan, and not a big Ben fan either( but he has the rings)

ducknwork
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
What?! No Jake Delhomme fans?:rolleyes::(

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Once again, it come down to a matter of race with you. Why is that important? :confused:

I don't follow retriever trial much, but it seems like I remember seeing a black guy competing with a pretty nice chessie. I believe the dog's name was Hunter, and it was either a SH or MH. And, there are other blacks, hispanics & asians that compete in other venues, and train and hunt their dogs.

david gibson
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Once again, it come down to a matter of race with you. Why is that important? :confused:

I don't follow retriever trial much, but it seems like I remember seeing a black guy competing with a pretty nice chessie. I believe the dog's name was Hunter, and it was either a SH or MH. And, there are other blacks, hispanics & asians that compete in other venues, and train and hunt their dogs.

just pointing out a fact. are you saying its not true? and i didnt say every single person was anglo, - i said vast majority. so your lone example means nothing. flame at will, i am silenced.......

YardleyLabs
07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
just pointing out a fact. are you saying its not true? and i didnt say every single person was anglo, - i said vast majority. so your lone example means nothing. flame at will, i am silenced.......
I would agree that this is a generally white game, just as it is also a predominantly conservative and predominantly Christian group, but there are some outstanding non-whites who ae pretty prominent both as competitors and judges, and there are also a number on non-Christians and even Liberals. I believe Blackstone is referring to Malcolm Haith, who runs a few field trial dogs, including his Chessie Hunter, and contributes a lot to the sport. Ours is a small community and most that we do is not necessarily viewed favorably by the general public. I understand the back and forth about breeds (after all Chessie and Fluffy owners have already decided that being different is better than winning:D), but I see no useful purpose in trying to define or divide our community based on politics, religion, nationality, sexual orientation (we have all of those also)or color.

http://jeffgoodwin.com/SDRC-201006/SDRC201006-Amateur/images/0510_0035219-haith-hunter.jpg

Pals
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
. Ours is a small community and most that we do is not necessarily viewed favorably by the general public. I understand the back and forth about breeds (after all Chessie and Fluffy owners have already decided that being different is better than winning:D), but I see no useful purpose in trying to define or divide our community based on politics, religion, nationality, sexual orientation (we have all of those also)or color.

oh no you didn't..............................

YardleyLabs
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
oh no you didn't..............................
:snipersmile::snipersmile::snipersmile::snipersmil e:

Oh yes....

:grab:

(I have to be a little careful since owners of "minority" breeds buy a lot more pictures than owners of Labs.:D

david gibson
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I would agree that this is a generally white game, just as it is also a predominantly conservative and predominantly Christian group, but there are some outstanding non-whites who ae pretty prominent both as competitors and judges, and there are also a number on non-Christians and even Liberals. I believe Blackstone is referring to Malcolm Haith, who runs a few field trial dogs, including his Chessie Hunter, and contributes a lot to the sport. Ours is a small community and most that we do is not necessarily viewed favorably by the general public. I understand the back and forth about breeds (after all Chessie and Fluffy owners have already decided that being different is better than winning:D), but I see no useful purpose in trying to define or divide our community based on politics, religion, nationality, sexual orientation (we have all of those also)or color.

http://jeffgoodwin.com/SDRC-201006/SDRC201006-Amateur/images/0510_0035219-haith-hunter.jpg

jesus buzz, that wast the point. read back and you will see all i was doing was making a point to dnf as to why he is attacked on here, thats it. you guys are making it bigger than it was intended. i had no intentions of bringing race into the mix, just pointing out why he is in the minority. please leave race out of it as far as a debate goes. it was just a stated fact and nothing else.

dback
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM

;);)

LOL......I need to make this plain to everyone that while Jeff and I have communicated via PMs on several occasions, I have never met him in person or seen a photo before. I believe we are friendly enough to have some fun. No....I'm not going to post my picture.....Jeff looks like Brad Pitt next to me.

AND.........I'm not good enough to do that white coat thing........although.... we did have 'Jacket Buttoning 101' at the institution I attended :-) :-) :-)

david gibson
07-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I guess you haven't run many dogs in NM, DG. The three AKC and UKC clubs in NM include many minorities, Scottish-Americans, Irish-Americans, German-americans, Italian-Americans, Spanish-Americans, and others.
My mentor, and introductor to dog games was named Soon, a Korean-American.
I will grant you, no African-Americans participate here in NM, that I know of, but we have had Texans, (you know, a hole other country:p). The "T"-word is used here much as the "N"-word is used in TX, but... we like you...really...we sell you over-priced real estate, teach your kids to ski and snow-board, (if God had wanted Texans to have mountains, he would have given them some), and snigger at you on the plaza in Santa Fe while you buy "Indian-made", made in China.
We tolerate you, but frequently wish you would just go home.

So, you see DG, xenophobia is not yours exclusively. You may despise, hate, and hold in contempt others, but the feeling is shared, to be sure.

JDogger

come on dogger, thats not why i brought that up. i know african americans and asians in the sport as well. but the majority is all i said. and that is a fact. its no different than saying the NBA is mostly black. you dont need someone pointing out a few whites in the game to claim you are wrong. its a general statement, and it is a true statement. i was merely pointing out to dave why he is targeted on here, because liberals in general are a minority in the sport. of course there are some, but less than half.

and less than half are non-anglo. therefore my statement is correct.

you guys accuse me right and left of taking things too far but fail to recognize when you do the same. i am just clearing a few things up and i am out of here as far as debating as well. i will read and post an article or two but no debating. this post is a clear example of why, you took a factual comment and then tried to make me sound racist with it, and i wont participate.

by the way, classy post. thanks for putting texans down, there are a whole bunch of them in RTF that you just insulted as well. i dont recall insulting NM, or any other state for that matter. so see? we are all guilty.

K G
07-14-2010, 08:40 AM

Kudos, Jeff. Probably one of the, if not the, best posts I've ever read here, particularly the last sentence.

k g

huntinman
07-14-2010, 09:11 AM
I think we all have one thing in common that should override all the partisan BS (which I sling regularly)... a love for our dogs and whatever game we play with them. All the rest is just stuff. We can needle each other unmercifully, but lets not make it personal. After all, our common interest is what brought us here in the first place.

david gibson
07-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for proving my point Mr. Gibson; and proving your point "many of us just can't understand"

Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community. It has already been pointed out about the other races. I can not speak for the other dog games. Could it be that the dog game crowd is a cross section of America and this board is not?

By the way, the information I posted was not attributed to any author or had any indications it was a quote from the source on the internet where I saw the information, I never claimed that was my writing. You are creating issues out of non-issues a typical right wing radical strategy.

you signed your name to it and didnt cite a reference. lame..

Julie R.
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community.

And you know this, how? Because of your super-spy job and hacking into people's personal information? I don't care who you are, this is a pretty disgusting post. I think I speak for many when I say I don't give a d*mn about other people's sex lives nor what they do behind closed doors. In fact I'd go as far as to say that your gossip, as well as your statement above, falls into the category of "too much information" and I suspect you posted it so we'd all think you're a member of the "in crowd" with the capability of blackmailing someone with your powder keg of insider scoop about who swings both ways. You need to crawl back into the hole you came out of.

david gibson
07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Did you know that there are many gays and lesbians who participate in field trials as judges, trainers, and tough competitors; and have been accepted and respected by the field trial community. It has already been pointed out about the other races. I can not speak for the other dog games. Could it be that the dog game crowd is a cross section of America and this board is not?
y.

if this were true, then at any given hunt test or field trial with 100 participants (based on 2000 census and a 2008 estimate) there would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 68 anglos, 15 hispanics, 12 african-americans, and 5 asians. and depending on what estimates you trust, maybe 3 or 4 gay/lesbian.

now, out of several dozen events i have attended, i see more like 95% anglo, if not more. therefore, somewhere else in the country there must be a lot of events with an overwhelmingly minority participation. i dont see that happening. forget about the gay/lesbian, good luck figuring out if that is valid, but i do know a couple in the game.

so sorry, the numbers just dont bear it out. now go back and reread why i brought this fact out. it was never intended to stir a race debate, it was just to cite a fact for dnf. he had no issue with it or me, why should you? you tried so hard to make it racial and prove me wrong but until you show me a valid estimate that the demographics of the sport fit the national numbers then i will stand by my statement.

now, i am done with anything along race lines, there is no reason for it.

sandyg
07-15-2010, 03:52 PM
SuzyQ, comes out of left field, 15 posts all in POTUS. not even man enough to post his real name or location, spews the lib talking points, and expects us to care.

Ignore list, here I come!!!!

paul young
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
and then there's a couple of Gentlemen (yes, capital G) i have had the priviledge to meet; Dr. Gene Byrd and Tellus Calhoun.

the sport is big enough for people of any kind of descent and it shouldn't even come up as a topic for discussion on this board. -Paul

Roger Perry
02-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I am not trying to bring back an old thread, but I found something interesting on pages 4 and 9. RK on page 4 quoted SusieQ and I could not find the origional thread she posted on and on page 9 David Gibson quoted SusieQ and there wasn't any origional thread before that SusieQ posted on either.

Who the he!! SusieQ was remains a mistery.:confused:

road kill
02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
SusieQ claimed to be an employee of the Secret Srvice.
One of my best friends is Retired SS.
WE had a discussion about SusieQ.

As it turns out, using SS computers, or announcing your position for gain....OR claiming to be SS when you are not all are FELONIES!!!!!!

When I brought this to SusieQ's attention, SusieQ vanished.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game, Set & Match.......RK

Julie R.
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I am not trying to bring back an old thread, but I found something interesting on pages 4 and 9. RK on page 4 quoted SusieQ and I could not find the origional thread she posted on and on page 9 David Gibson quoted SusieQ and there wasn't any origional thread before that SusieQ posted on either.

Who the he!! SusieQ was remains a mistery.:confused:

OK, explain why these old threads keep appearing since you're not trying to bring them back. I'd say posting on them to bring them back on the main page indicates you are, in fact, obessed with stuff that happened in the past. Kind of sad, really. I doubt anyone else even cares who's trolled this forum under a fake name.