PDA

View Full Version : Race Baiting????

road kill
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
First Mrs. Obama;

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/naacp-tea-party-civil-rights-group-considers-resolution/story?id=11144640

And Mr. Holder;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/11/holder-floats-possibility-racial-profiling-suit-arizona/

And leave us not omit the Reverand Jackson;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

"“
His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract.

-- Rev. Jesse Jackson on Cavs owner Dan Gilbert's comments about LeBron James
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

It's getting old folks and frankly damages the cause.

(can't wait for the spin!!)

rk

M&K's Retrievers
07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I believe this administration will set back race relations 30 years by their constant playing the race card. Frankly, it's getting old and disappointing.

YardleyLabs
07-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I think race baiting became a major part of the Republican campaign strategy during the election and has escalated since. Everything this administration does is redefined in racial terms by conservatives even when the actions taken are the same as those taken by prior administrations. The stories highlighted are perfect examples. In each case, the implicit explanation is that this is what you can expect when you let a black man into what is supposed to be the White House.

road kill
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I think race baiting became a major part of the Republican campaign strategy during the election and has escalated since. Everything this administration does is redefined in racial terms by conservatives even when the actions taken are the same as those taken by prior administrations. The stories highlighted are perfect examples. In a=each case, the implicit explanation is that this is what you can expect when you let a black man into what is supposed to be the White House.

BWAAAAA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!

Are you kidding me??
Did you look at these links?

You haven't got a leg to stand on here.
You are turning into RP.
You are trying to blame this on Republicans??

You have lost it tonight.

THANKS!!!!:D

stan b

Franco
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
There is no doubt the GOP will use the Black Panther actions to thier advantage. Rightfully so, as their leader is on video tape praising Osama Bin Laudin. They are advocating terror against the citizens of the USA and AG Holder under Obama are doing nothing about it.

The administration is more interested in persecuting the citizens of Arizona!

Just like he is tring to flex his muscles with the oil companies to the detrement of the gulf coast residents.

road kill
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
There is no doubt the GOP will use the Black Panther incedent to thier advantage. Rightfully so, as their leader is on video tape praising Osama Bin Laudin. They are advocating terror against the citizens of the USA and AG Holder under Oabama are doing nothing about it.

The administration is more interested in persecuting the citizens of Arizona!

For something that has NOT happened!!

Pandering for votes, whipping up hysteria.

rk

Franco
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
For something that has NOT happened!!

Pandering for votes, whipping up hysteria.

rk

More like being neglient of thier duties as defined by The Constitution Of The United States! If we Impeach the President, the citizens send a clear message to all politicians in DC that they are NOT above the law.

luvmylabs23139
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
At this point it is beyond impeachment. BUMMA should be charged with TREASON!

road kill
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
More like being neglient of thier duties as defined by The Constitution Of The United States! If we Impeach the President, the citizens send a clear message to all politicians in DC that they are NOT above the law.

I beleive that this President and his crew thinks they are above the law.

stan b

david gibson
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
but have you seen the latest video of the new black panther party praising osama bin ladin in 2002 for the twin towers massacre?

yeah, the same "new black panther party" that O is giving a pass to......

Clint Watts
07-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Black liberation theology is based on racism, Reverend Wrights church for 20 years.

Black liberation army = black panthers

The evidence is clear, but drones will continue to be drones.

Franco
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Our prison system has been a breeding grounds for African American Muslims. Since the Days of Malcolm X, many blacks have found brotherhood in prison united against the white establishment. This is where it has grown as well as with other misfits like Casius Clay, Mike Tyson, and all sports.

Add the infux of mass immigration over the last 40 years to the USA from the middleeast as we have created a monster that we will have to deal with sooner or later.

All one has to do is look at what is happening all over Europe. Racial Islam already has a host ready made for them here.

While we get fat, they'll get stronger.

sinner
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Never any racial comments, hidden meanings, or understatements about race with some individuals that participate in this forum.

Clint Watts
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Why is it when a conservative white person brings up race issues they are labeled racist? There are not any hidden meanings from me, I know who I am. I judge people based on there actions, not the color of their skin.

"Our prison system has been a breeding grounds for African American Muslims. Since the Days of Malcolm X, many blacks have found brotherhood in prison united against the white establishment."

Is this a racist statement, no it is fact. Where are the hidden meanings you speak about? I do not see them. Please enlighten us. A wise man once told me that you see what is in your heart.

YardleyLabs
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Why is it when a conservative white person brings up race issues they are labeled racist? There are not any hidden meanings from me, I know who I am. I judge people based on there actions, not the color of their skin.

"Our prison system has been a breeding grounds for African American Muslims. Since the Days of Malcolm X, many blacks have found brotherhood in prison united against the white establishment."

Is this a racist statement, no it is fact. Where are the hidden meanings you speak about? I do not see them. Please enlighten us. A wise man once told me that you see what is in your heart.
Maybe because conservatives tend to only discuss racial issues that they believe are detrimental to whites and ignore all others. They seem to accept as normal the fact that our prisons are filled with minorities (far more than can be explained by actual crime rate differentials), that salaries for minorities are persistently lower than those for white even when you adjust for education and work experience, and seem to find it important to define all issues in racial terms even when shown to be wrong (Thus describing welfare and medicaid as programs for blacks even though the majority of payments are for whites). When I was a kid, one of the constant refrains was that racial strife was caused by blacks who were simply too pushy. "If only you would accept that it will take time for people to change and you need to be more patient," blacks were told, "segregation and discrimination will die out on their own," I will start listening to the complaints of racism from conservatives when they are as quick and determined to attack the abuses by the Arizona militia as they are to attack the display by two men with no followers in Philadelphia, and when they are as quick to attack blackface minstrel posters of Obama as they are to worry about kids singing a song about Obama's inauguration.

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Our prison system has been a breeding grounds for African American Muslims. Since the Days of Malcolm X, many blacks have found brotherhood in prison united against the white establishment. This is where it has grown as well as with other misfits like Casius Clay, Mike Tyson, and all sports.

Add the infux of mass immigration over the last 40 years to the USA from the middleeast as we have created a monster that we will have to deal with sooner or later.

All one has to do is look at what is happening all over Europe. Racial Islam already has a host ready made for them here.

While we get fat, they'll get stronger.

You think Ali is a misfit? :confused:

Prison has always been the breeding ground for malcontents and radical groups whether white or black. Just look at the Aryan Brotherhood/Aryan Nation. They were spawned in the prison system, and they are far more dangerous than the Nation of Islam.

You hear a lot about what Muslims are doing in Europe, but little about the racism in Europe toward non-whites. Violent acts are happening all across Europe. I recently watched a ďReal SportsĒ report on racism in European football. If itís taking place to that extent in the sport, you know itís taking place in the streets. Here is a link a report aired on subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpO-nnFY9g&feature=related

Since Obama has been in office, there has also been an increase in membership among racist hate groups, like the KKK in this country, and some of the European hate groups are brining their brand of racism here as well.

So, you are probably right. While we get fat, both sides will get stronger.

road kill
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Maybe because conservatives tend to only discuss racial issues that they believe are detrimental to whites and ignore all others. They seem to accept as normal the fact that our prisons are filled with minorities (far more than can be explained by actual crime rate differentials), that salaries for minorities are persistently lower than those for white even when you adjust for education and work experience, and seem to find it important to define all issues in racial terms even when shown to be wrong (Thus describing welfare and medicaid as programs for blacks even though the majority of payments are for whites). When I was a kid, one of the constant refrains was that racial strife was caused by blacks who were simply too pushy. "If only you would accept that it will take time for people to change and you need to be more patient," blacks were told, "segregation and discrimination will die out on their own," I will start listening to the complaints of racism from conservatives when they are as quick and determined to attack the abuses by the Arizona militia as they are to attack the display by two men with no followers in Philadelphia, and when they are as quick to attack blackface minstrel posters of Obama as they are to worry about kids singing a song about Obama's inauguration.

Could you list them or show a link?
Or is this another one of the truths only YOU know???

rk:rolleyes:

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Why is it when a conservative white person brings up race issues they are labeled racist?

Itís not that an issue of race was brought up, it is what is said when it is brought up that is important. I donít think most levelheaded people will accuse someone of being a racist if they are not making statements that make them appear that way.

It is a fact. However, when it is portrayed as a black only problem, and there is no acknowledgement that whites in prison are doing the same, if not worse, the statement becomes inflammatory.

Franco
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
You think Ali is a misfit? :confused:

Yes, I do. Not because of his stand against being drafted. I too felt by 1969 that Vietnam was an ill-conceived cause.

I thought he was a misfit for falling into the Muslim crowd. He grew the black Muslim movement by leaps and bounds in the USA. I for one do not think the two can coexist. Not with the Muslim doctrine of intolerence for anyone that doesn't believe in what they do.

I also feeel that the more power the Muslims in the USA acquire, the more violent they will become. Then again as I've said on RTF before, I believe most organized Christian religions are distructive too.

WE have no more right in going into foreign countries to convert indiginous peoples to Christianity as the Muslim world has in attempting to convert those outside the mideast to Islam. It is all counter-productive and dangerous.

YardleyLabs
07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Could you list them or show a link?
Or is this another one of the truths only YOU know???

rk:rolleyes:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007010023

This story was carried by a number of different newspapers at the time including all of the major Arizona papers and the New York Times. It has since fallen out of their archives, but is still available on Nexus, as noted in the Media Matters story.

EDIT: By the way, it would also be interesting to see any conservative acknowledge the fact that O'Keefe's ACORN tapes were almost completely fraudulent, a fact that became obvious when he reached an agreement to turn them over to LA prosecutors only after receiving immunity from prosecution.

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Yes, I do. Not because of his stand against being drafted. I too felt by 1969 that Vietnam was an ill-conceived cause.

I thought he was a misfit for falling into the Muslim crowd. He grew the black Muslim movement by leaps and bounds in the USA. I for one do not think the two can coexist. Not with the Muslim doctrine of intolerence for anyone that doesn't believe in what they do.

I am not sure why Ali converted to the Nation of Islam. He was never an intolerant person. Perhaps it was due to the racial strife of the '60s. He was a product of the segregated, Jim Crow south. The message of Elijah Muhammad probably seemed pretty appealing. As far as I know, he is still a practicing Muslim, but he hasn't been a part of the Nation of Islam since about '75. I think he came to realize hate is not the way.

I also feeel that the more power the Muslims in the USA acquire, the more violent they will become. Then again as I've said on RTF before, I believe most organized Christian religions are distructive too.

I have to agree with that, but only because I think there is a certain fanatical faction within the Muslim religion that is intent on destroying and conquering anyone that doesnít believe what they believe. Those are the ones that frighten me.

WE have no more right in going into foreign countries to convert indiginous peoples to Christianity as the Muslim world has in attempting to convert those outside the mideast to Islam. It is all counter-productive and dangerous.

I would agree. We have seen the detrimental effects of that practice around the world. Religion has historically been used to subjugate and exploit the indigenous peoples. I really donít think anyone cared about saving their souls.

Franco
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Blackstone, earlier you shared with us that you work in the Auto Industry.

So, indulge me to share a little of my past with you.

In 1993 I went to work for a San Antonio Tx company that owned two FM and two AM radio stations in New Orleans. One of the FM’s is WQUE, a Hip Hop station with the highest share of market of any radio station in the USA, a 14 share. With Orleans Parish pre-Katrina 71% black, playing the biggest current Hip Hop songs was a cash cow. The other FM is a heritage old school R& B station. WYLD played old school R&B back when it was newly released songs by the labels. Rated #2 in New Orleans! One for the AM’s is Gospel and the other was Sports. RTFer Tim West had help in getting 1280am the Saints radio broadcasts rights away from WWL Radio.

Needless to say, getting a sales rep job with this cluster of stations was not easy!

Our sales department was black except for me and a woman seller. WE had 14 sales reps and a Sales Manager. The stations were located smack dab in the middle of the hood. Yet, in 7 years in that building, never did anything happen to it. The neighborhood looked after their babies, so to speak.

B 1995, there were 9 sales reps making 6 figures. One, including stock option was making close to 400k. This man grew up in New Orleans’ public housing, high school drop –out yet had an outgoing personality and is very likeable. He became well connected with the city and everyone knew that if you had an issue, you wanted the radio stations on your side. A politician had zero chance of winning an election in Orleans Parish without the WQUE and WYLD vote. We owned the power.
In 1996, I was made the General Sales Manager. One of WQUE’s big annual events was Teen Summit. This was such a huge event that P Diddy stole the idea and syndicated a national Teen Summit in major cities across the USA. But, we had our own successful event and exchanged ideas with P Diddy’s people.

Early on the Saturday afternoon of the event, we got a message at Command Central that Louis Faraken was in town and wanted to speak with our audience.
The General Manager at the time felt like he should speak! My response was if you allow him to just show up and speak at our event, that I wanted to go on the record as opposing it. Things didn’t go too well after I dared him to allow Faraken on stage.

Anyway, I gladly left the stations the next week and became the General Sales Manager for the same company’s two new FM’s in New Orleans. One was New Rock (my personal preference) and the other CHR(top 40)., this was 1997. The company sold these two in 2002 and I went into semi-retirement.

I went back to WQUE and WYLD as the GSM in late 04. By then the stations had fallen on hard times and revenue was way down. But, the offer to get me off my little farm in Mississippi was too much to ignore. Most of the talent in sales had left for better conditions. This was a far cry from the team we had in the 90’s. The sad part was it was self-inflicted. Had they not allowed Faraken to speak, I would have held the revenue together and the owners wouldn’t have lost millions with those properties! It became a complete rebuilding project. It is just so hard to get the revenue Mojo back once it leaves.

Katina did me a favor in breaking me from my addiction to New Orleans and I settled 140 miles away in Cajun Country.

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Blackstone, earlier you shared with us that you work in the Auto Industry.

So, indulge me to share a little of my past with you.

In 1993 I went to work for a San Antonio Tx company that owned two FM and two AM radio stations in New Orleans. One of the FMís is WQUE, a Hip Hop station with the highest share of market of any radio station in the USA, a 14 share. With Orleans Parish pre-Katrina 71% black, playing the biggest current Hip Hop songs was a cash cow. The other FM is a heritage old school R& B station. WYLD played old school R&B back when it was newly released songs by the labels. Rated #2 in New Orleans! One for the AMís is Gospel and the other was Sports. RTFer Tim West had help in getting 1280am the Saints radio broadcasts rights away from WWL Radio.

Needless to say, getting a sales rep job with this cluster of stations was not easy!

Our sales department was black except for me and a woman seller. WE had 14 sales reps and a Sales Manager. The stations were located smack dab in the middle of the hood. Yet, in 7 years in that building, never did anything happen to it. The neighborhood looked after their babies, so to speak.

B 1995, there were 9 sales reps making 6 figures. One, including stock option was making close to 400k. This man grew up in New Orleansí public housing, high school drop Ėout yet had an outgoing personality and is very likeable. He became well connected with the city and everyone knew that if you had an issue, you wanted the radio stations on your side. A politician had zero chance of winning an election in Orleans Parish without the WQUE and WYLD vote. We owned the power.
In 1996, I was made the General Sales Manager. One of WQUEís big annual events was Teen Summit. This was such a huge event that P Diddy stole the idea and syndicated a national Teen Summit in major cities across the USA. But, we had our own successful event and exchanged ideas with P Diddyís people.

Early on the Saturday afternoon of the event, we got a message at Command Central that Louis Faraken was in town and wanted to speak with our audience.
The General Manager at the time felt like he should speak! My response was if you allow him to just show up and speak at our event, that I wanted to go on the record as opposing it. Things didnít go too well after I dared him to allow Faraken on stage.

Anyway, I gladly left the stations the next week and became the General Sales Manager for the same companyís two new FMís in New Orleans. One was New Rock (my personal preference) and the other CHR(top 40)., this was 1997. The company sold these two in 2002 and I went into semi-retirement.

I went back to WQUE and WYLD as the GSM in late 04. By then the stations had fallen on hard times and revenue was way down. But, the offer to get me off my little farm in Mississippi was too much to ignore. Most of the talent in sales had left for better conditions. This was a far cry from the team we had in the 90ís. The sad part was it was self-inflicted. Had they not allowed Faraken to speak, I would have held the revenue together and the owners wouldnít have lost millions with those properties! It became a complete rebuilding project. It is just so hard to get the revenue Mojo back once it leaves.

Katina did me a favor in breaking me from my addiction to New Orleans and I settled 140 miles away in Cajun Country.

Franco,

I applaud you decision to make a stand for what you felt was right. I would have done the same. When you ignore or tolerate hate, you allow it to proliferate and grow. If your leaving cost the owners their station, they deserved it.

Clint Watts
07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Itís not that an issue of race was brought up, it is what is said when it is brought up that is important. I donít think most levelheaded people will accuse someone of being a racist if they are not making statements that make them appear that way.

It is a fact. However, when it is portrayed as a black only problem, and there is no acknowledgement that whites in prison are doing the same, if not worse, the statement becomes inflammatory.

I see your point and agree that it it a white problem also, just do not understand why it is inflamatory or why it has to be quantified. If someone were to say to me that prison is a breeding ground for the Arayan nation (sp) I would agree. I would not view it as an inflamatory statement because the black problem was not brought up. Maybe I am missing something here.