PDA

View Full Version : unemployment going down

pat addis
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
my son who is getting ready for collage has had a part time job with a small grocery chain working part time and fill in up to39 hrs at minn. wage.the store recently hired a bungh of people that have not worked in a long time on a goverment grant at 10.00 per hour becouse the gov.picked up the tab.now my son and others are sent home early so the others can work 40 hrs.it don't seem fair to me.but i bet it's going on else where to make the numbers look good

BonMallari
07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
the unemployment numbers are false in many areas, what they dont show are the people whose be benefits have expired or as the case is here in Vegas the "real" number is closer to 20%, because many of us have been dropped from full time status to part time status but work just enough hours to not qualify for unemployment

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Unemployment stats have been manipulated for years by whatever administration is in office at the time, especially if unemployment is a major issue. My wife lost her job in early 2003. She exhausted her 26 weeks of benefits while she looked for a new job. We lived in MI at the time, and the job picture was already getting pretty bleak there, so it was tough to find a job. My wife applied for an extension of unemployment benefits, but was denied. She was told they would not extend her benefits in an election year. Now, we could tighten our belts and get by on one income, but what about the people that only had one income to begin with? Unfortunately, while politicians play number games to make themselves look good, real people suffer.