PDA

View Full Version : following dnf

david gibson
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
apparently i am the worst offender in here and have been singled out so see you guys! enjoy the debates, and most of all make sure you dont hurt anyones feelings.

gman0046
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
David, who singled you out? I probably got the same PM you did. Don't quit. We need objective people on this forum not followers of the Messiah.

Vicky Trainor
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Just so everyone will know, NO ONE person was singled out. Several PMs went out today regarding inappropriate language/personal insults/name calling.

david gibson
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
David, who singled you out? I probably got the same PM you did. Don't quit. We need objective people on this forum not followers of the Messiah.

but you see, if one is objective then they are automatically racist. dont dare say the NBA is mostly men of color or you are labeled as race obsessive and a racist.

i am sure several got the same pm, but my name was also directly submitted by someone, of course i dont expect RTF to reveal their ID and i didnt ask and i am sure the "informant" (quite a few other nouns i'd like to use but i am going to remain civil) wont admit it because it really is a pretty wimpy thing to do.

kinda hard to be objective in here! ;-)

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Gman & David,

I was drinking a glass of water whe I read this, and almost choked. In case you have never seen a definition for "objective", let me provide you one:

"Expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived WITHOUT distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations."

Do you really think that fits either one of you?

Vicky Trainor
07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
but you see, if one is objective then they are automatically racist. dont dare say the NBA is mostly men of color or you are labeled as race obsessive and a racist.

i am sure several got the same pm, but my name was also directly submitted by someone, of course i dont expect RTF to reveal their ID and i didnt ask and i am sure the "informant" (quite a few other nouns i'd like to use but i am going to remain civil) wont admit it because it really is a pretty wimpy thing to do.

kinda hard to be objective in here! ;-)

Being as I was the Moderator who doled out the infractions, I would like to know who said your name was "directly submitted". It wasn't me. To my knowledge, no one was singled out.

david gibson
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Gman & David,

I was drinking a glass of water whe I read this, and almost choked. In case you have never seen a definition for "objective", let me provide you one:

"Expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived WITHOUT distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations."

Do you really think that fits either one of you?

does it fit you? glass houses my friend.

Byron Musick
07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
David, you can't quit!! I got a video for you to tear apart!! Besides, you quit a year or so ago and was back before you could say... Howdy!!

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 09:10 PM
does it fit you? glass houses my friend.

I wasn't the one trying to pass myself off as objective. I doubt anyone is completely objective. However, I make every effort not to belittle or insult others because they don't see things my way. And, I must be doing a fairly good job of it because I didn't get a PM.

david gibson
07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I wasn't the one trying to pass myself off as objective. I doubt anyone is completely objective. However, I make every effort not to belittle or insult others because they don't see things my way. And, I must be doing a fairly good job of it because I didn't get a PM.

well, every class has to have a goody-two shoes. you, sir, are the judy hensler of potus.

you know, i sign off and discuss a little final thoughts with friends but you still had to elbow your way into this thread, didnt you? you arent welcome here, this is not a thread meant for debate. please stay out. i will not comment on any of your posts anywhere else, i ask the decency of you to do the same.

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
well, every class has to have a goody-two shoes.

And, every class has it's bullies.

M&K's Retrievers
07-13-2010, 09:32 PM
well, every class has to have a goody-two shoes. you, sir, are the judy hensler of potus.

you know, i sign off and discuss a little final thoughts with friends but you still had to elbow your way into this thread, didnt you? you arent welcome here, this is not a thread meant for debate. please stay out. i will not comment on any of your posts anywhere else, i ask the decency of you to do the same.

These threads are open to all. Perhaps you should join DNF at Starbucks for a while. Just a thought....

david gibson
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
And, every class has it's bullies.

you just cant quit, can you? now who is the instigator? you are the thread hijacker here, sir.

BonMallari
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
These threads are open to all. Perhaps you should join DNF at Starbucks for a while. Just a thought....

now why do you want to do that to my favorite spot:confused:...gal pal version 2.1 just gave me a gift card for there...:D:D

Blackstone
07-13-2010, 10:16 PM
you just cant quit, can you? now who is the instigator? you are the thread hijacker here, sir.

David,

You wound me with your rejection. :rolleyes:

I didnít mean to be an instigator or hijack the thread. I made my last post before I realized you had banished me from this thread. So, I will leave you alone.

Goody two shoes signing off! :p

M&K's Retrievers
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
now why do you want to do that to my favorite spot:confused:...D:D

Just teasing and jealous at the same time. Our "Starbucks" here is either Solder Creek Marina/Gas Dock or Town & Country Convenience Store.

Chris Atkinson
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
There's really no need for the drama.

Please be civil. Yes, it really is that simple.

Chris

JDogger
07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Sniffle....:(, Lets all just quit posting to PP.

JD

I think Chris and Vicky would say "hoorah"

Chris Atkinson
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Sniffle....:(, Lets all just quit posting to PP.

JD

I think Chris and Vicky would say "hoorah"

You know what...it really is kind of nonsense.

I made a post a while ago about the "mosh pit".

I still feel that way. If you play in the mosh pit, you're going to get hurt. If you choose to enter the mosh pit, you need to expect it.

When someone is playing in the mosh pit, then they don't like it and want to blame someone else for being too rough in the mosh pit....you gotta wonder why they were in it in the first place.

And this stuff about posting exit posts when you're stepping out of the mosh pit.... Why the drama? If you have had enough, just step out and don't shine a spotlight on it.

I learned about 12 years ago that not all will ever be satisfied with what happens on RTF, nor will they be satisfied with some of the moves made by moderators and admins.

You know, the last straw on my creating Potus Place was a former RTF user who wrote me a scathing PM essentially demanding that I create POTUS Place. I decided it was worth a try. That person has not posted on RTF in ages! :cool:

Chris

KellyG
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
And this stuff about posting exit posts when you're stepping out of the mosh pit.... Why the drama? If you have had enough, just step out and don't shine a spotlight on it.Chris

They just want to have the last word... seems to be alot of that on here lately.

dback
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
They just want to have the last word... seems to be alot of that on here lately.

And there you have it Chris.....from a crusty ole veteran of 4 days with 14 posts :-) :-) :-) :-)

M&K's Retrievers
07-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I think a lot of the bad vibes going on here are the result of the frustration everyone feels about the way the country/economy is heading. Some may be taking it out on the keyboard.

KellyG
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
And there you have it Chris.....from a crusty ole veteran of 4 days with 14 posts :-) :-) :-) :-)
I have been lurking at least a year just decided to join. Just calling it like I see it veteran or not.

BonMallari
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
I think a lot of the bad vibes going on here are the result of the frustration everyone feels about the way the country/economy is heading. Some may be taking it out on the keyboard.

would have to agree, plus POTUS and internet forums in general are a microcosm of what has happened to society and the nation..we are split on polar opposites of the spectrum, we might say we are center right or center left, but sooner or later we all choose sides unless of course you are ambivalent and dont care..we all say we are willing to compromise and reach across the aisle,but deep down most on here are steadfast in their ways and the only compromise they will accept is for the other guy to come off of their stance and capitulate ..

To some its a game...to others its more...in the end,its counterproductive..if there is anything that I have learned in the last couple of months,there are 3 things you cant argue about....politics...religion...and dog training...and not necessarily in that order

Thanks Chris A.for giving us a place to play but if the mosh pit of POTUS has become toxic and detrimental to the health of RTF, I think many of us understand that the pool may be closed for cleaning....

thanks Vicki T and Lainee....sorry the two of you got stuck with the playground duty and sending letters home with the kids for not playing nice during recess

road kill
07-14-2010, 06:03 AM
You know what...it really is kind of nonsense.

I made a post a while ago about the "mosh pit".

I still feel that way. If you play in the mosh pit, you're going to get hurt. If you choose to enter the mosh pit, you need to expect it.

When someone is playing in the mosh pit, then they don't like it and want to blame someone else for being too rough in the mosh pit....you gotta wonder why they were in it in the first place.

And this stuff about posting exit posts when you're stepping out of the mosh pit.... Why the drama? If you have had enough, just step out and don't shine a spotlight on it.

I learned about 12 years ago that not all will ever be satisfied with what happens on RTF, nor will they be satisfied with some of the moves made by moderators and admins.

You know, the last straw on my creating Potus Place was a former RTF user who wrote me a scathing PM essentially demanding that I create POTUS Place. I decided it was worth a try. That person has not posted on RTF in ages! :cool:

Chris

WTH is a "MOSH PIT??"

just askin'.......

rk:D

road kill
07-14-2010, 06:08 AM
would have to agree, plus POTUS and internet forums in general are a microcosm of what has happened to society and the nation..we are split on polar opposites of the spectrum, we might say we are center right or center left, but sooner or later we all choose sides unless of course you are ambivalent and dont care..we all say we are willing to compromise and reach across the aisle,but deep down most on here are steadfast in their ways and the only compromise they will accept is for the other guy to come off of their stance and capitulate ..

To some its a game...to others its more...in the end,its counterproductive..if there is anything that I have learned in the last couple of months,there are 3 things you cant argue about....politics...religion...and dog training...and not necessarily in that order

Thanks Chris A.for giving us a place to play but if the mosh pit of POTUS has become toxic and detrimental to the health of RTF, I think many of us understand that the pool may be closed for cleaning....

thanks Vicki T and Lainee....sorry the two of you got stuck with the playground duty and sending letters home with the kids for not playing nice during recess

"The only thought more frightening than men arguing religion and politics is the thought of men not arguing religion and politics."

Paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson (I think).
I don't much care who said it, I like it!!!!:cool:

Jdogger, Yardley, snopes this for me will you??:D

stan b

troy schwab
07-14-2010, 07:15 AM

stan b

RK, Your killin me........LOL

YardleyLabs
07-14-2010, 07:37 AM
"The only thought more frightening than men arguing religion and politics is the thought of men not arguing religion and politics."

Paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson (I think).
I don't much care who said it, I like it!!!!:cool:

stan b
Certainly, the phrase you "quoted" was not said by Jefferson. In fact, a Google search suggests it is original to you (congratulations). Beyond that, it is almost impossible to say if Jefferson ever said anything remotely similar. I suspect that he would have agreed with your basic proposition based on his other writings.

JDogger
07-14-2010, 08:17 AM
WTH is a "MOSH PIT??"

just askin'.......

rk:D

Snopes it Stan.

just sayin'.....;-)

JD

ducknwork
07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Snopes it Stan.

just sayin'.....;-)

JD

Might have more success with wikipedia.:p

road kill
07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Snopes it Stan.

just sayin'.....;-)

JD

If I was KOOL enough to work a snopes, then I would probably know what a MOSH pit is!!!

Just not KOOL enough.........:cool:

rk

badbullgator
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Mosh pits evolved from the punk style of "slam dancing". Use to love me some mosh pits back in the day.....to old to wake up with black eyes anymore

BTW- your all a bunch of crybabies, David and the rest put your big girl panties on. A PM from a mod is nothing.

YardleyLabs
07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
If I was KOOL enough to work a snopes, then I would probably know what a MOSH pit is!!!

Just not KOOL enough.........:cool:

rk
From Merriam Websters:

Function: noun
Date: 1988
: an area in front of a stage where very physical and rough dancing takes place at a rock concert

When my son was a teen, he loved joining th mosh pit at a local teen club and only came home with injuries a few times.

Hew
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
A PM from a mod is nothing.
They're just jealous that the mods have you on speed dial. ;-)

dback
07-14-2010, 01:13 PM

I was pretty sure he was speaking from experience :-) :-)

road kill
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM

What's better, being on speed dial or ignore???:shock:

stan b

badbullgator
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I was pretty sure he was speaking from experience :-) :-)

Come on now it has been a couple years since I was last banned ;-)
And actually if I had not been banned I would not have one very good friend that I have today so it worked out pretty good